The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode One "State Of The Spoiling" Recap Thread..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-01, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode One "State Of The Spoiling" Recap Thread..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-01 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

OK, as we head into the final day of spoiling, I'm going to try and make this a "state of the spoiling" post of sorts -- hoping to recap where we stand on everything and tie information from several different threads together. If we think this "state of the spoiling" thread is a good idea, then maybe we can make it a weekly thing.

IC/RC Challenge Winner:

At this point, it seems clear that Samburu wins AT LEAST ONE IC before Boran wins a IC. This is largely supported by the below thread, which clearly identifies all EIGHT SAMBURU members breaking from a huddle wearing different clothing than has been shown during the first challenge. As the huddle breaks, Frank leaves the huddle taking the idol off-screen, with our speculation being that he is returning it to Jeffy as the Episode 2 IC is about it begin (note, yes, it's likely Ep 2's IC, Icecat has posted a great analysis as to why he thinks this footage is from Ep 2, but 1) for the purposes of Week 1, whether this footage is from Ep 2, 3, etc. is irrelevant, what is important is that's it's after Ep 1; 2) IceCat lists some GOOD REASONS why this could be Ep 2's Immunity Challenge, but it is still possible it is from Ep 3 (hey, at some point, one of these Survivor series is going to have to start with the same tribe losing the first two weeks.)

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/1574.shtml

Below is one of the group huddle images that shows the idol and all eight Samburu survivors:

The Samburu wins idea is also supported by many images for Samburu gathering water yet none of Boran doing the same -- an activity that only the WINNING tribe would be able to do until after the 1st tribal Council, since historically only the winning tribe receives fire before the first council and therefore only the winning tribe would have the fire required to boil any water gathered. The counterpoint to this is that given the animal danger threat, noth tribes might be given fire IMMEDIATELY upon arrival.

This Week's Bootee

This is where things get a lot less certain. At this point, we know it is a Boran.

FIRST BIT OF BOOTEE EVIDENCE
The CBS Early show report by Tracy Smith footage is the footage that showed the Samburu with the idol post-Episode 1. The SAME REPORT shows AT LEAST TWO BORAN's hanging out waiting for a challenge to start -- that image is shown below. The speculation is that this footage is from the same day and pre-Episode 2 Immunity Challenge timeframe as the "SAMBURU HUDDLE" footage shown earlier in the report. Additionally, it also seems to match with some earlier footage showing many crew members and Jeffy hanging around what appears to be a makeshift outdoor bar set preparing to shoot the day's challenge.

IMHO, only TOM and KELLY are definitively identified in the above image. Clarence MAY BE to Kelly's right (wearing the tribal bandana.) Given the hair length, the guy in blue shirt shown kneeling is not ETHAN, and LEX also appears unlikely, so it is most likely a crew member. Someone else's shorts are shown to the cameraman's RIGHT, however, we have no information on who this person might be (HINT, everyone try and match those shorts/shirt to either Diane, Kim J., Ethan, Lex, or Jessie.) Assuming this image is from the second IC, then Kelly, Tom, and perhaps Clarence seem safe for Ep 1.

SECOND BIT OF BOOTEE EVIDENCE
The other big piece of photo evidence that we have is LEX's "broken trust" speech that was shown in the Survivor Preview episode that aired last week. A vidcap is below:

Clearly ID'd are Lex, Tom, Diane, Kelly, Ethan, and Jessie. Clarence and Kim J. seem to be missing. The questions are does their absence mean anything and when is this scene from? The consensus seems to be that this scene is from the first episode. Whether Kim J. and Clarence's absence means anything is a matter of some debate. Whether the survivors are even LISTENING to Lex is also unclear. Speculation seems to fall into two camps -- either LEX is trying to save his own hide for something he's done, or he's assuming a bit of of "leader" role and trying to address the transgressions of someone else.

OTHER BITS OF BOOTEE EVIDENCE
Outside of images, and the theories above we have the following ideas regarding the Boran members that I've scraped together:

DIANE
- Reasons for boot: Seems aggressive, appears to immediately run off with the map. Jeffy says the first three minutes set the tone and within the first part of the show it's very obvious who is going to get booted. Also was reported to have returned with corn rows.
- Reasons against boot: Reports that she came home tan and having lost weight (Counterpoint from folks who have travelled to the area is that it is not unusual for outsiders to lose siginificant amounts of weight when just travellig around that country.)

LEX
- Reasons for boot: Seems to be positioning himself as a leader.
- Reason against boot: Seems to be positioning himself as a leader.

JESSIE:
- Reasons for boot: ? - I can't remember anything
- Reason against boot: ? - I can't remember anything

KIMP.:
- Reason against boot: The school of thought that the nicknames for the two Kim's means that both make it to the merged tribe.

ETHAN:
- Reason against boot: ? - I can't remember anything, I'm not convinced he's in the above image along with Kelly and Tom (keep looking folks!)

CLARENCE:
- Reason against boot: Appears to be shown in the Ep 2 pre-challenge setup photos. We have images of him wearing more than one warpaint pattern on his face, which suggests he gets the chance to wear the paint more than once since we believe he only wears it at challenges.

KELLY:
- Reasons for boot: Seems to be a MANipulator, appears to be a spoiled little rich girl not cut out for survival life.
- Reasons against boot: Shown in what appears to be Ep 2 pre-challenge setup photos. Eye candy always seems to last at least a couple of rounds.

TOM:
- Reasons for boot: Suspected STRONG competitor
- Reasons against boot: Shown in what appears to be Ep 2 pre-challenge setup photos. Multiple reports of MASSIVE weight loss.

Wow, OK, I'm done folks, time to regroup and finish this spoiling off...

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Excellent summary AyaK 10-10-01 1
   RE: Excellent summary SurvivorBlows 10-10-01 2
 Stop me before I 'logo' again... IceCat 10-10-01 3
   RE: Stop me before I 'logo' again..... SurvivorBlows 10-10-01 4
 This is GREAT!!! sleeeve 10-10-01 5
   Yup... IceCat 10-10-01 6
       RE: Yup... SurvivorBlows 10-11-01 7
           RE: Yup... sleeeve 10-11-01 9
               RE: Yup... SurvivorBlows 10-11-01 10
 RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoil... PepeLePew13 10-11-01 8
 RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoil... MakeItStop 10-11-01 11
   RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoil... bondt007 10-11-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 05:23 PM (EST)
1. "Excellent summary"
One more point: there was a rumor reported on a couple of other boards that, when Lex came back, he was receiving treatment for multiple parasites. It seems unlikely that someone could be exposed to multiple parasites if booted in the first episode (while they are still probably drinking the water supplied by MB)... but then again, this is unconfirmed rumor, not reported fact, as far as I know.

10-10-01, 06:19 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Excellent summary"
Woops... is the "Lex parasite" story not to be confused with the "Lindsey illness" or the "Carl undercover in the hospital" stories?

It this point I'm having a hard time remembering which of them are rumors and which might be more legitimate rumors.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 06:58 PM (EST)
3. "Stop me before I 'logo' again... "
OK...

I admit it...

I have a problem...

I swear it's all those logos that CNN makes whenever there is a world crisis...

I'll just make this one last one...

I can stop making logos and sig pics any time I want...

Addiction - schmadiction!

Excellent summation, Webby...

I have a 'GUT' feeling that this will be a regular post on Wednesdays!

September 11, 2001

10-10-01, 07:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Stop me before I 'logo' again... "
Ice, great logo... you are TOO MUCH! I just added it to the post.

Anyways, ya, I'd love to make it a regular Wednesday thing, the only problem is I don't think I'm going to have the time every week. But maybe if a few of us SPREAD IT AROUND (hint, hint!!) we can pull it off.

-SB

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-10-01, 08:15 PM (EST)
5. "This is GREAT!!!"
I definately think we should keep this up, and I'd think that the idea of trading off (so that it isn't a huge burden on Webby) would be perfect.

I, for one, would be glad to volunteer for some weeks.

Anyone else wanna help out?

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-01, 08:19 PM (EST)
6. "Yup..."
I think that this kind of summation will be absolutely invaluable on Wednesday nights. I'll help out whenever you need it.

September 11, 2001

10-11-01, 00:17 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Yup..."
I think we might want to move it to Tuesday nights instead of Wednesday afternoons (I actually THOUGHT of it Tuesday night but didn't have the time to write it until Wednesday afternoon), but we'll have to see... OK, I did this week, you two flip for next week!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 01:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Yup..."
>I think we might want to
>move it to Tuesday nights
>instead of Wednesday afternoons (I
>actually THOUGHT of it Tuesday
>night but didn't have the
>time to write it until
>Wednesday afternoon), but we'll have
>to see... OK, I did
>this week, you two flip
>for next week!

I'll do week two, you do week three, IceCat, okay???

Or would you rather switch??? (I really don't care.)

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

10-11-01, 01:09 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Yup..."
OK, I guess that puts me back on for Week 4...

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoiling" Recap Thread..."
Sorry to be the one to bust up the Blue Man Party Thread... Looks like we're off to a great beginning with the early spoiler material!

I was doing some thinking about Lex's 'Broken Trust' speech and my thought is that Lex is safe here. Why? I tend to think that if he's the one who has committed a transgression, the others might give a little more attention to what he's saying to be sure they get their facts straight before making the decision to boot him. I don't think that Lex would be lecturing about broken trust if he did something - I would think that if I did something I'd try to spin something positive out of it or divert attention away instead of talking about 'broken trust.' IMO, it's a group issue, not an individual issue.

I also tend to believe the spoiler that the first three minutes will reveal the first bootee and we've seen Debb Jr. commandeer the map and set the tone for the trek to camp. Oops, that target sign on your back, Diane, isn't just for the dogs to chase you on your mail route...

"What's wrong with her?"
"Oh, it's gonna blow up, dude... in 5 minutes, dude. It's gonna hit the (bleep) ceiling."
"It is?"
"Oh yeah." (maniacal laughter)
Anthony (talking to Adrian) on LC, Oct. 9/01

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-01, 09:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoiling" Recap Thread..."
I love this idea!

LEX's "broken trust" speech ... Clearly ID'd are Lex, Tom, Diane, Kelly, Ethan, and Jessie. Clarence and Kim J. seem to be missing. The questions are does their absence mean anything and when is this scene from?

I'd just like to point out that Krauboy (Post #11) in the "Let's get this party started" made a good argument that Clarence and Kim J. are part of the broken trust speech.

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode One "State Of The Spoiling" Recap Thread..."
I humble myself before all of you Real Spoilers, I am embarrassed by my measly 50 post's... All I ever seem to be able to do is make comments on your execellent theories from time to time, but you all make the TV show so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, my thought is simple and obvious - when it comes to Jeffy "Elisabth kicks some serious butt" Probes, I throw caution to the wind. Jeffy says the first three minutes set's the tone..., not a real spoiler for us before the show, due to the fact that we have not seen the 3 minutes, sans some vid caps. The addition of the comment and Diane "taking off" (the wrong way?)(see vid caps) could be important, BUT, I'm just gun-shy about believeing ANY of his (Jeffy's) comments.

Good luck to all of you, thanks for all of the hard work!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •