The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I was wrong. Read anyway."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I was wrong. Read anyway."
Well, it's over for me and my theory. When Colby got Immunity, I figured that I was still okay and Rodger would be next... then I saw how calm and collected Lis was... uh oh, LisLisJustIsIs knows something... and when they did NOT show Tina and Keith's vote (and DID show The Colbster's and Amber's), I knew it was all over.

I was right about one thing: We DID learn a LOT from this episode. Did you see those previews of the next episode? The Colbster and Keith are not getting a-long. Was The Colbster informed of the B/T vote? I don't think so. Colby better keep winning those ICs.

But from now on BEFORE I vote on this board, I'm finding out who the Brain Trust is voting for, and I'm reading the Boston Herald.

P.S. Lis did well in the plate breaking IC. First of several?

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"When I come in, the (consolation) party will begin. I am... SurvivinDawg." -- SurvivinDawg. I need a cognac.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What makes this fun? AyatollahKhomeini 04-12-01 1
   Observations... SurvivinDawg 04-12-01 2
       RE: Observations... lambity 04-12-01 5
       RE: Observations... volmel 04-13-01 7
       RE: Observations... mookiemeister 04-13-01 9
           RE: Observations... SurvivinDawg 04-13-01 10
   I Do Short Term Speculation... IceCat 04-12-01 3
       RE: I Do Short Term Speculation... desert_rhino 04-12-01 4
 RE: I was wrong. Read anyway. volmel 04-13-01 6
   RE: I was wrong. Read anyway. idiotcowboy 04-13-01 8
 RE: I was wrong. Read anyway. Loree 04-13-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-12-01, 10:06 PM (EST)
1. "What makes this fun?"
For me, what makes this fun is all of the theories that go back and forth each week. For example, IceCat figuring out that the rope maze would be this week's RC was simply brilliant (even if he thought it was the IC).

It's depressing when the theories don't work out in a week. BUT there's always next week!

04-12-01, 10:25 PM (EST)
2. "Observations..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-01 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

I know, I know... there's always next week.

I do think we got a LOT of information out of this past week, however. Some observations of the episode:
1) We now know the true nature of Tina's alliance. Who agrees with me that Colby winning IC is the ONLY reason he wasn't gone? It seemed logical to me (I know, there's that darned "logic" again, and these starving contestants have no sense of the word) that Colby should go, he was a BIG challenge threat (duh! you say).
2) Where is Colby going to GO for an alliance? The previews show him hating Keith, he can't run to Kucha if there is a GGA. Better win those challenges, Colby, they're your only ticket to the final three!!!
3) One spoiler is DEFINITELY true: Whoever gets face time in the PREVIOUS episode, gets the boot next episode. By that I mean: a) Jerri redeemed in flashback episode, booted in Ep.9 b)Nick gets face time in Ep. 9, goes in Ep. 10 c) Amber got face time last week, Amber is a jury member now. Who got face time this episode? Colby. Edited to add: Keith.
4) Whoever posted that about Orange Tina not being in Ep.1 may have something vis-a-vis an MB "non clue". Remember Gervase-X? His "clue" was the two people MISSING from the photo... of course, who could know who was MISSING until after the fact?!?!
5) JP asking KJ about who's idea it was to build on the beach. HEY KENTUCKY JOE! Say "I don't recall and it don't matter now." and win some puppy points with the jury!!!
6) If the contestants truly get hungry, there is plenty of saline gel... just ask Tina.
7) The REAL benefit of the RC: Colby got to use REAL TOILET PAPER after eating that food!
8) Someone posted a "spoiler" about Colby winning a night in a hotel. In that "spoiler", JP talked to Colby about strategy, Colby got to enjoy relative comfort, etc. Now substitute "Cowboy Camp" for "hotel" and away we go!.....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

lambity 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-01, 11:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Observations..."
>6) If the contestants truly get
>hungry, there is plenty of
>saline gel... just ask Tina.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-13-01, 00:14 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Observations..."
"6) If the contestants truly get hungry, there is plenty of saline gel... just ask Tina."

Hey did you notice how Tina swam out so nicely to get the rice? Personal flotation devices...

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-01, 02:49 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Observations..."
Another observation that I thought was interesting is this
week's immunity challenge. Unlike previous week's immunity
challenge where each person do their best to win for themselves,
this weeks challenge allows more than 1 survivor to combine
their shots to prevent people they like the least from winning
the immunity. This could've been the group's chance of
combining their effort to prevent Colby from getting the
immunity.

The order of elimination clearly showed that Amber is least
closest to the rest of the group because all 3 of her plates
were broken first. Elisabeth is clearly liked by the most
survivors as she still had 2 plates in tack when most of the
contestants are already out. It's clear many of other players
either consciously or subconsciously want Elisabeth to win the
immunity. But she was probably too tired from the flood ordeal
to take out Colby's single plate and win the immunity.

04-13-01, 06:24 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Observations..."
Also, the fact that Colby's plate was partially broken made it a smaller, and therefore harder, target to hit.

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 10:47 PM (EST)
3. "I Do Short Term Speculation..."
The long term stuff just doesn't work for me yet...

I'll be better for Survivor III

IceCat

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 11:00 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I Do Short Term Speculation..."
Heh. Maybe you'll have some kind of edge on S3. Maybe you'll know how one of 'em thinks. {crosses fingers, and knocks on wood}

-- JV

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-13-01, 00:07 AM (EST)
6. "RE: I was wrong. Read anyway."
This just posted on the CBS web site on the stroke of midnight:

A fight between two tribe members over rice rationing leads others to believe that this animosity could work to their advantage at Tribal Council.

Emotions hit hard when the Survivors realize that the reward challenge involves a taste of home, and surprising developments occur.

A twelfth Survivor is voted out, leaving only four to compete for the title of "sole Survivor" and one million dollars.

OMG <click> What does it all mean?

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-01, 00:26 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I was wrong. Read anyway."
Thanks volmel... and to think I waited up just for this... my wife's right I am an idiot!

I checked out Amber's final words... and there's nothing new there... maybe when she makes the rounds we can get some further insight.

As far as what we got... well it might mean we were a little premature in celebrating the GGA, just yet... or is this another obvious one like Nick or Alisha... geez, I don't know... someone needs to startup a what's left thread cause we have some pieces to pick up around here... although I do think it won't be too hard... once the river recedes and we retrieve the rice that is...

"don't mess with me, and don't mess with Texas" - uncle cameraman

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I was wrong. Read anyway."
My PTTE is kaput. Colby won the IC and screwed my theory. And I knew when they showed Colby and Amber voting for Rodger but didn't show Tina and Keith's votes -it was going to be Amber.

Shouldn't there be an IC next week that is the type a female will win? Enough of these challenges that favour Colby or the men. Girls don't usually play with slingshots. But I'm sure Colby did. I want Colby to lose immunity next week and get the vote. He is getting on my nerves. He is stupid to keep winning the RC. Colby has eaten at the last 3 rewards. Give someone else a chance or at least come back and offer to cook for the others and give up your share of the rice for a meal. Colby never fishes or cooks. He has the most strength and seems to do the least. I would resent him.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •