The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Still Standing previews, via email list"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-01, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Still Standing previews, via email list"
Ok, so I"m addicted enough that I get the "still standing survivor newsletter" via email. If someone has already posted this...my utmost apologies!!

* A fight between two tribe members over rice rationing leads others to
believe that this animosity could work to their advantage at Tribal Council.
* Emotions hit hard when the Survivors realize that the Reward Challenge
involves a taste of home, and surprising developments occur.
* A twelfth Survivor is voted out, leaving only four to compete for the
title of "sole Survivor" and one million dollars.

Ok, so the line that got me was "surprising developments occur." This language--surprising, shocking, etc.--has been used when something either a.) mediocre occurs that they need to play up or b.) something like Jerri getting the boot happens. The fight over rice rationing....I know it's been discussed that this is Keith and Colby fighting, but I wonder if that's too obvious. Could it be b/t Keith and someone else? The previews point towards Keith making too much rice and Colby fussing over it, but it could be someone else actually 'fighting' over it.

Diva

*** The mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Still Standing previews, via em... wendyp 04-16-01 1
   RC AyatollahKhomeini 04-17-01 7
       suprising development shakes the clown 04-17-01 8
           RE: suprising development Play2Survive 04-18-01 9
 RE: Still Standing previews, via em... BlondeGirl 04-16-01 2
   Surprise referring to RC issue weltek 04-17-01 3
 RE: Still Standing previews, via em... doughboy2002 04-17-01 4
   RE: Still Standing previews, via em... Bebo 04-17-01 5
       RE: Still Standing previews, via em... desert_rhino 04-17-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-16-01, 05:45 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Still Standing previews, via email list"
I have been thinking of the surpising turn of events that might happen. And yes I get the newsletter too. The thing that keeps throwing me is that the surprising turn of events is on the RC. Could this actually be referring to the RC and not the TC out come?

What if Colby throws the RC so that Roger or someone could win it because of the preview clips he thinks he needs it more. They are all home sick, but Colby would then be out of the limer light of winning the challenges.

But then the surprising turn of events could be Tina getting voted out. I do not see this happening, but this would be the only surprising turn of events that would throw me. A Kucha going would not surprise me. Neith would Keith or Colby . . .Colby obvious reasons and Keith because of his arrogance and that Tina decided Colby could win more challenges and take her to the final 2.

Some on posted on another thread that Lis could have gotten mad about the rice and walked off and Colby was more out spoken because they think that is what we want to see, the ogas fighting.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-17-01, 04:55 PM (EST)
7. "RC"
I agree with your first interpretation, wendyp. This teaser clearly relates to RC, and the only "surprising developments" I can think of at RC is that someone throws the challenge. I can only think of one person who is dominant enough to throw a challenge -- Colby. Also, this ties in with his thoughts last week that he might be winning too many challenges. And, if the main reward is the phone call -- it may be time to take a knee for the team and let Tina call her kids. A little gratitude may help patch up the holes in a fragile alliance.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-17-01, 07:37 PM (EST)
8. "suprising development"
the
>only "surprising developments" I can
>think of at RC is
>that someone throws the challenge.

....what if the development is that Colby gets disqualified from the challenge...didn't Jesus (the guy on the radio in LA) say that the Colbster would get DQ'd from a challenge at some point?

Also, there are some new "inside info" type posts on EZ board that claim that Colbster will be DQ'd from the RC this week.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-18-01, 01:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: suprising development"
Maybe MB looked at the tape of last week's RC after the fact and realized Colby should have been disqualified from the rope challenge bacause he a) had both "claws" unattached to ropes for a moment and b) pushed another player out of the way. To make up for the lack of instant replay in the outback, MB disqualifies him from competing this week.

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-16-01, 06:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Still Standing previews, via email list"
Hi

I'm addicted, too. LoL
Which is why I read wayyyy too much on this site.

This preview from the newsletter is the same one from the CBS website which AyaK posted along with vidcaps here:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1268&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-17-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
3. "Surprise referring to RC issue "
I think CBS has always group the wording in the previews in that way for a reason. I think that the surprising developments occur related to the RC for that reason. It could be as minor as someone breaking down in a fit of tears because they are homesick, or like in Survivor I, someone not leaving a "sample message" for one of the survivors (alla Jenna's kids/family). I think the idea of Colby or someone throwing the challenge so that someone else can win would be a definite possiblity. It would certainly be a smart move for him. Say if he finds a key to unlock the chain but gives it to someone else. Hmmmm....maybe he does use that to work on getting Tina away from the Keith alliance.

doughboy2002 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-17-01, 01:41 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Still Standing previews, via email list"
Here's my thoughts

* A fight between two tribe members over rice rationing leads others to believe that this animosity could work to their advantage at Tribal Council.

OK, I think that the key is not the fight, because that was the fight between Colby and Keith about the Rice, but work to their advantage at TC. The way I see it, Keith or Colby is the next to go because Tina gets sick of their bickering and goes to L/R

* Emotions hit hard when the Survivors realize that the Reward Challenge involves a taste of home, and surprising developments occur.

The reward challenge is brief tape clips of home for everyone and the winner gets to call home or talk to Michael (Especially if R/L win)

* A twelfth Survivor is voted out, leaving only four to compete for the title of "sole Survivor" and one million dollars.

I think this is CBS' way of tipping off Lis winning since she is a shoe designer. They have said it all along instead of other words like final, etc.

Just my $.02

Doughboy

"Try not. Do or Do not, there is no try" - Yoda

GO CUBS GO

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-01, 03:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Still Standing previews, via email list"
>* A fight between two tribe
>members over rice rationing leads
>others to believe that this
>animosity could work to their
>advantage at Tribal Council.
>
>OK, I think that the key
>is not the fight, because
>that was the fight between
>Colby and Keith about the
>Rice, but work to their
>advantage at TC. The
>way I see it, Keith
>or Colby is the next
>to go because Tina gets
>sick of their bickering and
>goes to L/R

I agree with your view that the "animosity could work to their advantage" is the key of the statement, but I disagree on who could use it.

Tina's been in a strong situation so far, since the Ogawhore outnumbered the Kutchie, but this is her most precarious vote by far. Since she has no votes cast against her, she'd win all tiebreakers if a final four vote was a 2-2 tie, so everyone but Colby could increase their chances of surviving a final four vote by getting rid of Tina. But she needs Colby and Keith to be willing to stick together for one more vote to cinch her spot in the final 3.

But I see L/R seeing a potential opportunity out of a C/K fight. They have long acknowledged that they are in a position of weakness and are vulnerable to the whims of Ogawhore. They could see the fight, plus Colby being kept out of the plan during the last TC as their chance to seize the upper hand. They could convince Colby that they would take him to the final 3 with them, and since neither of them have won a challenge, he could easily envision that as a firm shot at the final 2.

The operative word in the preview, though, is "could". L/R may try and fail to get Colby to vote with them. It wouldn't be the first time that a preview suggests a big deal and then doesn't follow through. IMHO, the fight will not lead to a new advantage being taken.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-01, 03:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Still Standing previews, via email list"
Grabbing the Corn-Cobster is the smartest possible thing for Rodger and LisLis to do. It'll give LisLis a new boytoy, ifyaknowwhaddimean, and it will almost guarantee them a place in the top 3. The only case where this is NOT true is if they already have an understanding with Tina. Providing, of course, that Benedictina hasn't already put little red X's on their backs, over the softest spots.

-- JV

Icarus steps out for the afternoon.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •