The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My opening credits theory revisited..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elwood 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-01, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"My opening credits theory revisited..."
Okay, I started keeping track of this around EP 3, and I think I posted it first around EP 5. I got only one positive response, so I'm not sure how many of you saw it. Mike's departure made me rethink it a bit, but it still looks valid to me.

Here goes...

In the opening credits, there is a set order, Ogakor first, then Kucha. But in these shots, 8 of the survivors have a shot that is surrounded by a black border of some type, while the other 8 do not, and these are not divided by tribe. 6 of the survivors that have this circle/border are from Ogakor, and only 2 from Kucha. After week three I noticed those voted off were alternating on having or not having a bordered shot. This held through until Mike left, but the key is...he was not voted off.

The way it worked/works:

Those WITH a bordered shot are Colby, Keith, Mitchell, Kel, Amber, Tina, Elisabeth, Jeff.

Those WITHOUT are Maralyn, Jerri, Michael, Alicia, Rodger, Kimmi, Nick, Deb.

Originally (until Mike), on odd weeks someone without a bordered shot got ousted, and even someone with. But Mike leaving without getting voted off made this theory seem wrong. But...it could be you just alternate groups for the next person voted off, ignoring Mike since he wasn't voted.

Here's the bootees so far (with week and bordered - as yes or no):

Deb - 1 - No
Kel - 2 - Yes
Maralyn - 3 - No
Mitchell - 4 - Yes
Kimmi - 5 - No
Jeff - 7 - Yes

I didn't include Michael, since he wasn't voted off.

So if you look at who's left, and whether they have a bordered shot, here's what you get:

8th person voted off comes from: Jerri, Alicia, Rodger, Nick
9th from: Colby, Keith, Amber, Tina, Elisabeth
etc.

Now, given the 2 groupings, and that Mike leaving the non-bordered short, if the pattern follows, the bordered group will have the last 2 survivors. Meaning the winner (and 2nd place) comes from Colby, Keith, Amber, Tina, Elisabeth. This seems to match up with a lot of speculation here.

I'm leaning for Alicia to go this week (unless she wins IC - then Nick), but if either Alicia or Nick goes (or Rodger), the theory still holds up at least one more week. And looking ahead even further, the bootee order could go like this (and still fall in line with this theory):

8th: Alicia
9th: Colby
10th: Rodger
11th: Tina
12th: Jerri
13th: Keith
14th: Nick
Last two: Amber and Elisabeth

I'm not saying this is proof, but I'm guessing there is a REASON that the black bordered shots are on who they're on, they're not just random. Since MB put a clue into the credits for S1, why not put a clue in for S2? I think this is a clue, and this is what I've found it may point to. But if the bootee isn't Alicia, Jerri, Rodger or Nick this week, then I'll give up this wacked out idea...but if it IS the clue...well...I want to be able to PROVE that I told ya so!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My opening credits theory revis... Play2Survive 03-13-01 1
 We'll see this week survivorchief 03-13-01 2
   RE: We'll see this week Kokoro 03-13-01 5
 Lurking AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 3
 RE: My opening credits theory revis... my0wn 03-13-01 4
 ok who is next? my0wn 03-14-01 6
   No idea...but my guess would be... Elwood 03-15-01 7
       RE: No idea...but my guess would be... Kokoro 03-15-01 11
 Has anyone else noticed the one ran... DivaByTheSea 03-15-01 8
   RE: Has anyone else noticed the one... MDSkinner 03-15-01 9
   I see what your talking about my0wn 03-15-01 10
 Just bumping back up... Elwood 03-29-01 12
   RE: Just bumping back up... Kokoro 03-29-01 16
 BUMP skierdude10 03-29-01 13
   RE: BUMP skierdude10 03-29-01 14
       BUMP! skierdude10 03-29-01 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
1. "RE: My opening credits theory revisited..."
Seems reasonable - even the order of pick-offs. Sure it's out there, but you never know. I checked to see if this works with my theory of the final four (three gals and a house boy) and it's close, exception being Tina replaces Jerri.

w8 Alicia
w9 Colby
w11 Rog
w12 Keith
w13 Jerri (nick wins IC)
Final four: nick, tina, amber, liz
Final two: amber, liz

Time shall tell.

Episode 13: "Final Four: Three Gals and a Houseboy" starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

survivorchief 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
2. "We'll see this week"
Interesting theory. Seems too obvious, though. This week will be interesting. I look for Jerri to go.

"One alliance is as good as another." - survivorchief

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-01, 06:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: We'll see this week"
It really isn't that obvious, considering Elwood is the only one that noticed it (haven't seen this on any other board either)....
I think that I was the first big fan of this theory and I was kinda disappointed when it flopped. Anywayyyy I still think this is one of the most original things I've heard and I hope it works out. ^-^

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 11:43 AM (EST)
3. "Lurking"
Elwood, I've been reading this theory since you first posted it, but I have nothing to contribute to it yet. I'm interested to see if it holds up through the next two weeks!

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: My opening credits theory revisited..."
Well Elwood I have been keeping your theory in mind and I too wondered about Mike but realized also that Mike just didn't fit period because he wasn't "voted" off. I know there are skeptics out there that don't put much stock into the opening sequence at all, MB himself has said that he loves to hide clues, and didn't he say that the clues weren't in what you weren't seeing but rather what you were seeing?

I think trying to be super sleuths and look for all the hidden meanings in things side tracks from the obvious. Thanks for reposting so we can keep in mind and see how it plays out.

03-14-01, 10:36 PM (EST)
6. "ok who is next?"
Well it still holds up with Alicia gone, but who do you think is next?

<9th from: Colby, Keith, Amber, Tina, Elisabeth

the only one out of those that I can come up with a theory for is Liz, I sure hope it's wrong!

03-15-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
7. "No idea...but my guess would be..."
Lizzie. A Kucha just has to go next. I can see Nick winning immunity, and then between Lizzie and Rodger, who would ya vote off first?

Colby is staying, as well and Keith and Tina. Amber is an outside possibility (though doubtful).

Or maybe it was all just coincidence that the votes happened that way so far.

03-15-01, 05:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: No idea...but my guess would be..."
This supports my belief that she's next. Unless Ogakor gets completely stupid and breaks down there is no other Kucha with more air time or coverage on the CBS website than LizLiz.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-15-01, 11:24 AM (EST)
8. "Has anyone else noticed the one random shot edited in?"
Last night, I actually was out when S was one, so I taped it at a friends house. I don't know if it was the difference in VCR's or what, but I noticed something that at least, I hadn't seen before. (And to best of my knowledge I haven't seen it on here.)

When you have the Survivor logo 'spin' up at the end of the credits (the one with the figure in the "I") There is a flash for less than a second of a WOMAN in the middle of the logo going up. I decided that I wanted to really see the figure in the 'I' when I hit pause and happened to capture it at the just right moment.

I do not have the equipment to capture this image and post it, but if any of you do, there is one still shot of a woman (similar to the headdress woman) in the middle of the final spin of the logo.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-15-01, 11:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Has anyone else noticed the one random shot edited in?"
This has been discussed at length here over the past couple of weeks. Here is the most recent link that CJ created.

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/916.shtml

03-15-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
10. "I see what your talking about"
I have watched the opening credit a few times, here is the link where you can watch it frame by frame. My only problem with the opening footage is that the team that created it said that they put the opening together before the final shooting was even done. They do say that the human form that turns into the shape of the I represents the winner. There are a few shots of this female image with the headdress on. Not really sure what to make of it all I haven't a clue how to capture the images so I can post them but if you go to the site you can view the opening frame by frame.
http://www.designinmotion.com/article/mainv/0,7220,25069,00.html

03-29-01, 02:09 PM (EST)
12. "Just bumping back up..."
...so everyone can read again. Also tonight will prove whether this is worthwhile or worthless.

To recap, if this theory holds, the bootee tonight will be from the group consisting of Colby, Keith, Amber, Tina or Elisabeth. I went with Lizzie tonight, but I really don't think that would be "shocking", at least to me. The other 4 would. Jerri going would be all that shocking either. So I don't think she goes.

But even if it's not Liz, if it IS from this group, then next week is Jerri, Rodger or Nick. But if it's wrong, I'll just shut up about it

03-29-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Just bumping back up..."
Hey Elwood, I was just thinking about this theory =) It's also the reason I'm going with Liz(unless the "shocker" is that somehow the stronger members of the alliance eat eachother, but I really don't think so)....(heh and I know everybody will hate this) I really hope this holds and Jerri sticks around for awhile longer.

And my new mascot type thingy:

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
13. "BUMP"
THIS IS IMPORTANT AND DESERVES THESE BUMPS!

03-29-01, 05:20 PM (EST)
14. "RE: BUMP"
see above

03-29-01, 05:21 PM (EST)
15. "BUMP!"
Last one

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •