The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What about Keith's statement??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-26-01, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"What about Keith's statement??"
Elmersglue said he had read on ss.com that a commercial showed Keith stating that "they were considering voting off a member of the Ogawhore tribe". I saw this commercial yesterday, and it caught me off guard. I haven't seen it since. They keep showing the RC one.

With the way things have been edited to mislead us in the past, I can only assume that MB has done this to make us think that Jerri will finally get the boot. Did anyone else see it? If this is MB's attempt to lead us on again, then I am getting fed up with it. I hope it's not a "partial statement" on Keith's part. It will probably turn out to be "The Kuchas believe that we are considering voting off a member of the Ogawhore tribe". If so, enough is enough!

What do you think?

Lizz Just Is

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What about Keith's statement?? missalex 03-26-01 1
 Tired of MB babydoll 03-26-01 2
   Shocking Twist LIZZLOVER 03-26-01 3
 RE: What about Keith's statement?? Krautboy 03-26-01 4
   RE: What about Keith's statement?? idiotcowboy 03-27-01 5
   RE: What about Keith's statement?? ItzLisa 03-27-01 11
 RE: What about Keith's statement?? Krautboy 03-27-01 6
   RE: What about Keith's statement?? ElmersGlue 03-27-01 7
       RE: What about Keith's statement?? Loree 03-27-01 8
           RE: What about Keith's statement?? LIZZLOVER 03-27-01 9
               RE: What about Keith's statement?? fedupwithothers 03-27-01 10
 RE: What about Keith's statement?? janisella 03-27-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

missalex 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-26-01, 09:44 PM (EST)
1. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
I didn't see the preview, but I heard that they show Keith saying that, and then flash pictures of some of the Ogawhore tribe. Perhaps Markie Burn-it wants us to believe that an Ogawhore besides Keith will be voted off...hey, don't we all want an Ogawhore off (even including Keith)? Anyway, so maybe KEITH will be the one voted off. That would be weird, and I don't see how it could happen, but along with that rumor - you know...the rumor about his book or whatever coming out...

babydoll 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-26-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
2. "Tired of MB"
I've heard this too from my friend who watched the commercial and I think that it's full of #####. I'm getting really tired of MB editing and changing everything around. I watch the episode and nothing of what he made it look like becomes true. So I am making a stand if he continues this I will not be around for Survivor 3. I'm just so tired of it.

03-26-01, 09:55 PM (EST)
3. "Shocking Twist"
Perhaps Jerri getting the boot is the "shocking twist" that they have thrown out there. Maybe, just maybe, MB is telling us that she is gone this week. Perhaps he is showing us the obvious, expecting us not to believe it.

I can only hope!

Lizz Just Is

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-26-01, 10:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
I didn't see it but it was reported to be the same preview we've seen, showing "water polluted, food scarce", etc. until the end where they added a close-up of Keith saying,"...we are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakor members."

There are several theories:

Are comments are taken out of context?
Did Keith actually say something like, " THERE IS NO WAY we are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakor members".

Is Keith refering to the RC?
Because of the Man/Woman pairings in the reward challenge, the Ogakor will "sacrifice" Tina to be Rodger's partner and reduce her chance at the RC.

Is Keith refering to someone other than the obvious Jerri?
Do the Ogakor Alliance of K/T/C decide to eliminate a possible defection by Amber and Jerri, by sacrificing AMBER. They keep Jerri because she would have a much harder time defecting than Amber. THIS WOULD BE A SHOCKING TWIST!!

Is an Ogakor actually going to be voted off?
MB is trying to pump up ratings after they slipped last week. He needs to regain his dominance over "Friends" and knows that people would love to watch Jerri get the boot, so he is throwing us a bone.

Truth? Edited truth? or Blatant misinformation?...

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-27-01, 01:45 AM (EST)
5. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
Sounds like proof positive to me... that a KUCHA will be ousted this week. MB mind games in overdrive for what looks to be a by the numbers vote... bye bye Lis.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-27-01, 02:13 PM (EST)
11. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-01 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

>Did Keith actually say something like, " THERE IS NO WAY we are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakor members".
*** This is the oldest editing trick in the book, used mostly for things like entertainment reviews. Example - "Survivor (tries hard to be) the greatest TV show in the world (but is far from it.)", which is then edited down to "Survivor....the greatest TV show in the world". It wouldn't surprise me in the least if MB edited Keith's comment to throw us off - it's simple enough to do, and MB is slimy enough to do it.

>Is Keith refering to someone other than the obvious Jerri?
*** Nooooo.... I mean, who else could he possibly mean? Tina and Colby aren't going to double-cross Keith, which leaves Jerri and Amber. Someone discussed an Amber theory here recently had a good point (sorry, I forget who, but I give you full credit!) - when Amber and Jerri came back from the dinner, it seemed to really sink in to Amber that NO one missed her and Jerri. She could finally be seeing that a friendship with Jerri is costing her. Which leaves Jerri. The Ogakors definitely have a hefty advantage now, and could easily enlist Lis, Rodger and Nick to vote Jerri off. No harm done, and they still have an extra person on their side to resume plucking off last three Kuchas.

Do the Ogakor Alliance of K/T/C decide to eliminate a possible defection by Amber and Jerri, by sacrificing AMBER. They keep Jerri because she would have a much harder time defecting than Amber. THIS WOULD BE A SHOCKING TWIST!!
*** I think it's underestimating Amber that she's SO smitten with Jerri that she'd align with the Kucha's out of revenge unless they get rid of her now. She's in this for the million, too. I think if they got rid of Jerri, they still wouldn't have to worry about Amber defecting. She'd probably just fly a little lower under the radar and do what she can to stick around. Remember, after the "insulting Lis over the rice" incident, it was Jerri AND Amber Lis was mad at - Amber may not be as disliked as Jerri, but she hasn't made any friends among the Kuchas either.

>He needs to regain his dominance over "Friends" and knows that people would love to watch Jerri get the boot, so he is throwing us a bone.

*** And I think that's all it is, just editing tricks with Keith's comment. Plus, he doesn't even have to worry about Friends - Friends isn't as strong, and S2 has been winning in the ratings, by however close of a margin.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-27-01, 04:35 AM (EST)
6. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
"We are going to sacrifice one of our Ogakor members"...if we have head to head pairings in the Immunity Challenge! I think the quote is classic MB; taking it out of context and using it to mislead us into falsely assuming a sacrifice at TC.

If the IC is some sort of "balance" competition as we suspect, and it consists of a head-to-head, single elimination format,where you try to outlast or knock off your opponent, then the Ogakor are going to have to sacrifice one of their members because the 8 contestants will be matched in 4 pairings. If that's the case, because the Ogakor have a 5-3 advantage, one of the pairings will be Ogakor vs Ogakor, resulting in one of them being "sacrificed".

But why has MB decided to "insert" this comment into a preview that didn't include it before? Is he trying to create drama where there is none, or does he want us to doubt him and believe that the Ogakor are safe, because he is building up to his "shocking twist"???.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-27-01, 11:37 AM (EST)
7. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
>>But why has MB decided to "insert" this comment into a preview >>that didn't include it before?

Krautboy - this is what was foremost in my mind when I originally asked if anybody had seen this change in the promo's for the week. Why make such a minor change?

I do know one thing however...Episode 8 - where Alicia got the boot - was boring and predictable. It was a standard MB production of trying to make the audience believe that the villain would get the boot - only to end in the "surprising" Tribal Council where the alliance held firm. Last week's "clips" show was universally poorly received. Some major entertainment sources (Time, USA Today, etc) released articles on Thursday stating that Survivor II is becoming uninteresting because it so closely follows what happened on the original Survivor.

It could be that Mark Burnett is able to give us in this next episode the one thing that he couldn't in Survivor I - and that's an ouster of the ONE castaway that people really want to see go. Maybe he decided to give us a hint of it a little early in the wake of the bad press he started to receive on Wednesday and Thursday. I certainly hope so - because it would make Survivor fun and exciting again. Otherwise - he has done nothing exept prove to even more of his audience that the promos and previews are crap and that Survivor is becoming boring and predictable.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-01, 12:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
ElmersGlue I think you could be correct. This episode must have something big happening. I can't see MB putting that lame clips episode in between two boring regular shows. People found the ep where Alicia was booted rather boring and predictable. Even the challenges were boring. So unless this week's show has something big for the fans I don't think he would have used last week to insert the boring clips episode. He would be sending the fans away. He wants to hint now that something big will happen and I think he better deliver. Otherwise the ratings will drop. And what bigger event than the booting of Jerri?

03-27-01, 12:58 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
I agree as well. I really think that there will be a shocking twist this week. I don't know why they have shown this version of the commercial so scarcely. I only saw it one time, on Sunday during the BB tourney. I watched CBS all day yesterday to view it again, but all they showed was the original version.

Maybe he is just trying to keep us on our toes. But I believe this time, he's trying the reverse psychology trick on us. Showing us the obvious, expecting us to disagree with the editing.

Lizz Just Is

fedupwithothers 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-27-01, 01:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-01 AT 07:08 AM (EST)

how can he do something different than what actually happened last november?

editted after viewing commercial- i know my hearing is going and it was quick but i would have swore he said older not okagor, anyone with a tape that can verify what was actually said???
rodger makes more sense if what i heard was true.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-01, 10:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: What about Keith's statement??"
Well, I finally saw the commercial (it was on during my soaps, which I taped today, so I rewound and watched it 4 times) and there is definitely a quick moment of silence between "we're" and "gonna" - just enough time to edit out the word "not". I think (surprise, surprise) MB is up to his usual editing tricks.

J.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •