The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"next weeks episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

wildcamper 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-01, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"next weeks episode"
any spoilers for next week??? this is a place to post them collectively
Ok this isnt a spoiler just a message to the peeps
that are good at finding them (along with me) We
need to tape this thing it will hold "never before
seen footage" this could hold HUGE spoiler value
ive got dvd and laserdisc recorders the laserdisc
has amazing record quality and i can play it frame
by frame... it has a computer USB outlet to make it easy
to upload (now on to the rest of the info)
why would they Have this "SPECIAL" episode if there isnt
something JUICY in it... or maybe in ep 9 there will be big
changes ... Ne Idea what these changes could be???
any spoilers for next week??? this is a place to post them collectively

thinking makes a world of difference

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: next weeks episode shakes the clown 03-18-01 1
   Reason #2 AyatollahKhomeini 03-19-01 6
   HEY GUYS.... What are we calling it... ItzLisa 03-20-01 18
       RE: HEY GUYS.... What are we callin... sleeeve 03-20-01 20
       RE: HEY GUYS.... What are we callin... Riordan 03-21-01 21
 RE: next weeks episode Remy617 03-19-01 2
 RE: next weeks episode PepeLePew13 03-19-01 3
   RE: next weeks episode occamsrazor 03-19-01 4
       RE: next weeks episode SurvivinDawg 03-19-01 5
 Camera time spoiler StratPlayer 03-19-01 7
   RE: Camera time spoiler sleeeve 03-20-01 9
 A question we should answer before ... IceCat 03-20-01 8
   RE: A question we should answer bef... sleeeve 03-20-01 10
   RE: A question we should answer bef... shakes the clown 03-20-01 11
       Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri... IceCat 03-20-01 12
           RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri.... ItzLisa 03-20-01 14
           RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri.... Play2Survive 03-20-01 16
               RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri.... sleeeve 03-20-01 19
       RE: A question we should answer bef... Loree 03-20-01 13
           A fantasy episode? Naah.... AyatollahKhomeini 03-20-01 15
               RE: A fantasy episode? Naah.... DivaByTheSea 03-20-01 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-18-01, 01:38 PM (EST)
1. "RE: next weeks episode"
>why would they Have this "SPECIAL"
>episode if there isnt
>something JUICY in it...

....2 words: MAY SWEEPS

the ONLY reason they are having this "special" is so they can extend the series into the May Sweeps period when advertising revenue is at its highest.

There might be somehting of value in the episode, but I'm not holding my breath.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-19-01, 10:17 PM (EST)
6. "Reason #2"
"Thursday basketball": CBS is contractually committed to devoting primetime on Thursday to the Sweet Sixteen round of games.

Actually, the recap serves several purposes:
1. Permits "Friends" fans to catch up, so that they can watch while Friends is in reruns.
2. Creates extra episode of highest-rated show on TV.
3. Permits CBS to win as many Thursday nights as possible
4. (shakes' point) Pushes two-hour final episode back into May sweeps.
5. (my first point) Minimizes problem of audience dropoff due to date change to Wednesday.

I'm sure there will be new scenes. However, I doubt that there will be enough new info to fill a thimble.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 02:27 PM (EST)
18. "HEY GUYS.... What are we calling it???"
Shakes and AK, just a question to avoid confusion after this clips episode airs...What are we referring to it as here on the board? Some have been calling it "Episode 9" in some places, but to me, Ep. 9 would be the one where we're back to good old TC, challenges, etc. I think somewhere on this post sleeeve referred to it as "Ep. 8.5" - sounds good. Should we officially christen it as such so it's clear we mean the clips episode?

As the Viking says, "Just asking, that's all" Thanks!

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 03:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: HEY GUYS.... What are we calling it???"
According to the CBS website, it is officially Season #2, Episode #00008.5

Just my 2 cents.

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: HEY GUYS.... What are we calling it???"
Someone else, I'm sorry I don't remember who, called it the "Blooper" episode. I'm hoping it will be. It would be interesting to see all of the funny things that happen (assuming there are any).

Remy617 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-01, 03:18 PM (EST)
2. "RE: next weeks episode"
I am fearful the only surprises will be how much in revenues CBS can rake in from advertisers like, Target, Mountain Dew, Frito-Lay, etc. Shakes is right on the money in that this is all done to draw the show out for the all important sweeps period. The local stations love it in that with high ratings numbers, they can then turn around and hose companies for more advertising dollars.

On the other hand, we get more opportunities to see scantily clad, attention-starved, hungry-people run around chasing the all mighty dollar on their own... I am afraid if anything it will be multiple opportunities for Satan Jr.(re:Burnett) to implant more Red Herrings for us to chase.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-19-01, 03:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: next weeks episode"
Yes, MB announced it's because of May sweeps week for rating purposes... but can anyone confirm WHEN this was announced by MB? If my memory isn't too toasted from too many green Guinnesses over the weekend, MB announced this extra episode during week 6 when Michael got shish-ke-babed in the fire.

If this is true... then this is a desperation move by MB because everyone knows that May is primo ratings time and you'd think they would have figured that out before putting S2 on the air in the first place. MB's afraid of losing viewers and also is afraid of the cybersleuths catching up to him so he's going to toss in a whole bunch of red herrings to further f**k us up while obscuring the fact that the show's going to remain predictable the rest of the way.

I certainly hope I'm wrong on this (yes, even holding out a little sliver of hope that something big will blow in Ep9 or 10).

occamsrazor 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-19-01, 04:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: next weeks episode"

Right on the money, Pepe.

This episope will not provide us with anything useful. It is just filler. MB needed to stretch it another week because he wanted to launch on Super Bowl Sunday and they didn't have enough shows to keep it going until the end of May sweeps. So he probably spent some time in the editing room and decided a mid season "review" show would draw more than a "wrap up" show and would also serve to push the big final episode further into sweeps. People will watch the final episode out of curiosity but once it is all over, nobody would care about a wrap up show when they look back and realize how boring it got.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
5. "RE: next weeks episode"
He's also doing it so he doesn't have to "waste" (and I use the term loosely) another episode on Wednesday night while the NCAA Tournament is in progress. He can save Ep9 for Thursdays and beat the crap out of "Friends" again. More power to him if that's his purpose!!!!!!!

StratPlayer 27 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-01, 11:59 PM (EST)
7. "Camera time spoiler"
Many here have cited lack of camera time as a reason for believing Nick will not be voted out in EP9. If Nick gets lots of coverage in the special episode, will some people change their opinion of his fate?

There may well be plenty of spoiler material in the special episode. I know I’ll be looking for some.

03-20-01, 00:34 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Camera time spoiler"
>Many here have cited lack of
>camera time as a reason
>for believing Nick will not
>be voted out in EP9.
> If Nick gets lots
>of coverage in the special
>episode, will some people change
>their opinion of his fate?

Honestly, NO. I'm not sure when CBS decided to add this special, but lots of information on the web (including parts of the CBS website, which were just recently corrected to indicate the correct season finale date) indicates that it was a recently made decision. The public was only made aware of it about two weeks ago, I think.

Therefore, Ep8 and Ep9 were almost definately edited before Ep 8.5 was even conceived of. Thus, MB would have given Nick camera time in Ep8, not knowing that he'd have an extra Ep to work with, if Nick got the boot in Ep9.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 00:24 AM (EST)
8. "A question we should answer before Wednesday..."
We have had some really good discussions about the way MB seems to enjoy generating narratives that sometimes are contained within a specific episode and sometimes span multiple episodes. I think that analysis of narrative is a rich source of not so much specific spoilers but rather a sense of of a direction that MB is leading.

With this 'Best of...' episode coming up, I think that MB can go one of two ways:

1) retell the story to date, reinforcing the larger story arc that he wishes to take into the final episodes;

or

2) create an entirely misleading story line in order insure maximum shock value for the audience.

The question that we should attempt to answer, based solely upon what we know of MB's demonstrated actions to date, which of the two options is MB most likely to take. To be sure that we understand the question, I am not saying what the specific plotline or story arc will be. The question is:

Is MB more likely to lay down a false trail or is he more likely to lay the foundation for the story yet to come.

I think that, if we can answer this one specific question, before the actual episode airs... we will have a better chance of interpreting what MB is laying before us as it unfolds.

It would be interesting to see a survey of people's opinions on the matter.

IceCat

03-20-01, 00:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: A question we should answer before Wednesday..."
This Episode will be designed with 3 target audiences in mind:

1) Newcomers who couldn't pull themselves away from Friends in February, but now show interest in the show.

2) Those loyal fans of Survivor who have watched and will continue to watch no matter what MB shows.

3) Those of us "dedicated" (pronounced "obsessed") fans who are looking to the Episode as a spoiler source.

Due to CBS's continuous advertisement of this special episode (especially during March Madness), I think their primary focus is on group 1. Thus, I think the overarching theme will bring any viewer up-to-date, and will focus on alliances and relationships that will play a role in upcoming episodes. (Ie: don't look for how the Marilyn/Tina relationship formed, because it's been played out, but watch for everyone's growing hatred of Jerri). Thus, I think the slant will point to where the show is headed... We'll probably see more of the Ogies than the Kucha, since the Ogie Alliance is dominant, and the Kuchas are sorta subject to it.

That said, I think that MB knows he has to entertain group 2. Thus, he'll show some new stuff that we'll really like. Probably some stuff where we say "Oh, so that's why that happened," and "Hey, Mike really wasn't so psycho after all."

Finally for group 3, I think there will be a nice mix of "spoilers" for us to analyze, but most will be red herrings to keep us off track.

Thus, IMO, the overarching theme of Ep8.5 will be important in our discussion and will contain real spoiler value (esp for the Episodes immediately following), but we should take anything that seems too good to be true with a grain of salt...

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 00:58 AM (EST)
11. "RE: A question we should answer before Wednesday..."
>
>With this 'Best of...' episode coming
>up, I think that MB
>can go one of two
>ways:
>
>1) retell the story to
>date, reinforcing the larger story
>arc that he wishes to
>take into the final episodes;
>
>
>or
>
>2) create an entirely misleading
>story line in order insure
>maximum shock value for the
>audience.
>
>The question that we should attempt
>to answer, based solely upon
>what we know of MB's
>demonstrated actions to date, which
>of the two options is
>MB most likely to take.
> To be sure that
>we understand the question, I
>am not saying what the
>specific plotline or story arc
>will be. The question
>is:
>
>Is MB more likely to lay
>down a false trail or
>is he more likely to
>lay the foundation for the
>story yet to come.

....I think neither. There is a third option and that is a highlight show and blooper type reel, a chance to see a lighter side of the contestants and the show. I think we'll just see extended footage of IC's and RC's and we'll also see some of the funnier/lighter moments such as the Ogawhore Sing-alongs that Bitchell alluded to in his chat w/ University of South Dakota, plus some of those one-liners from MadDog we've heard so much about......maybe a chance to get to know some of the contestants who got booted early and didn't get much screen time.

You know, we'll see a little "bit" on MadDog not having to jump off the cliff in teh RC but insisting on doing it anyway.....little cutesy type things like that to try and make the contestants seem more likeable...hell, we may even see some rehabilitation of Scerri's character.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 01:10 AM (EST)
12. "Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri..."
Rehabilitation of the black widow herself!

Now that would be some comic relief, indeed...

If they can do that, then they can probably show how the Kuchas voting for Colby in EP7 was a entirely well crafted, intensely logical decision... and that Jeff was actually sacrificing himself in order to set in motion a plan sooooo devilishly clever, soooooo fiendishly cunning, sooooooo <oh I can't do it>...

So far that's one vote for a continuing story arc with a smattering of red herrings... one vote for fluff

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 11:23 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri..."

>So far that's one vote for a continuing story arc with a smattering of red herrings...

*** Count another vote in for this one. Don't think MB won't take advantage of this clip episode to it's fullest. This is nothing but pure gravy for him.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-01, 12:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri..."
As long as we're keeping a tally here, I'm going with the continuing story arc. MB, on top of all the other names we could use for him, is a storyteller. He cleverly crafts the footage to portray the castaways in ways that fit into very classical character types. So I will be looking for confirmation of these types, and will consider how they play a role in the remainder of the show.

The ads for the show confirm that CBS and MB are definitely going after the non-audience, those that "missed the first half of the season." So I expect a brief amount of summary involving evacuated players, and a whole lot of provocative narrative about the players that remain. MB will attempt to gain more viewers by creating interest in the 8 who will provide the storyline for the rest of the season. Those that will stay the longest are the "main characters," so I'll be looking for clues that could possibly suggest who the main characters are. That said, I expect to see a focus on the Ogakor 5, but if there's an unbalanced amount of footage on say Liz, we'll have to ask: clues or red herring?.

We shall see tomorrow.

03-20-01, 03:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Re: The Lighter Side of Scerri..."
>I'll be looking for clues
>that could possibly suggest who
>the main characters are.
>That said, I expect to
>see a focus on the
>Ogakor 5, but if there's
>an unbalanced amount of footage
>on say Liz, we'll have
>to ask: clues or red
>herring?.

Slight disagreement here... in order to draw people in, MB has to create sympathy for who ever gets voted off next week, so new viewers won't watch Ep9 and then ask "Wait, who's that?" Thus, I'd actually expect to see a slight slant toward those that will leave next, because all new viewers will have lots of time to get to know the big players in the real episodes, while the little ones are meeting their untimely end.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
13. "RE: A question we should answer before Wednesday..."
Oh wonderful... Mitchell and Mad Dog doing a singalong around the campfire. I could have lived without that thought.

I certainly hope they explain a few things in the "clips" show. For instance Jeff has said that Nick was actually in the alliance with Jeff and Alicia. But we never knew that. How many other things don't we know? I actually know very little about Nick.

Maybe they will show us some of the conversations that took place before the TC that they couldn't show us before. Was it Tina that changed the vote to Mitchell? Who told Kimmi to vote for Jeff?

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-20-01, 11:34 AM (EST)
15. "A fantasy episode? Naah...."
Our fantasy would be to find these things out. That's why we won't. But we did learn (thanks, Mitchell) that it WAS Tina who thought through the tiebreak options and made Mitch the target -- which means she must have had Colby's vote in her pocket when she started the discussion with Mitchell about voting out Amber. Maybe Colby feels that his participation in the anti-Jerri "insurrection" with Benedict Tina has assured him of her support at the end (and so he's not worried about a Keith-Tina alliance)? If so, he has a thing or two to learn!

BTW, I have changed my conclusion with regard to who told Kimmi to vote for Jeff. I think it was Rodger. There is a thread on the SB bashers board that deals with this, believe it or not, and I agree with the conclusion in that thread that it was Rodger who was out to get Jeff.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-20-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: A fantasy episode? Naah...."

>
>BTW, I have changed my conclusion
>with regard to who told
>Kimmi to vote for Jeff.
> I think it was
>Rodger. There is a
>thread on the SB bashers
>board that deals with this,
>believe it or not, and
>I agree with the conclusion
>in that thread that it
>was Rodger who was out
>to get Jeff.

How is this? I could see Rodger being the only one that Kimmi would inherently trust though.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •