The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another round of answers"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Love Cruise Everything (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-30-01, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another round of answers"
Okay guys, I know I said that I would come back and answer some more questions, but I just haven’t had a chance until tonight...so I hope this isn’t too late and most of you are still checking out the boards. Anyway, here are some answers to your latest batch of questions..

CaesarGirl asked:

Just curious, exactly how long ago was this thing filmed?

ANSWER: The show was filmed between September 16, 2000 and October 5, 2000. So, just about a year ago.

Also, I am another person who didn't really like Melissa. The simple fact of the matter is she wasn't single if she had a boyfriend so she shouldn't have been on the boat in the first place!

ANSWER: Actually, several people on the show had girlfriends or boyfriends back home....Tomiko, Andrea, Ralph just to name a few, but the fact is that Melissa is the only one who was upfront about it and honest about it from day1. And the only reason people made an issue about it is because they were jealous or upset that Melissa and Darin had far and away the closest thing to a “love connection” on the show. The people that got to know the two of them and become good friends with them on the show, people like myself, Tomiko, Jeanette, Greg, Adrian and some others were able to see from early on that they had a real connection and were happy for them, we never made it an issue. Darin never made it an issue. Melissa never made it an issue. So, if those are the people that are most affected by it and it didn’t bother them in the least then why should it bother anyone else?

The fact is that Darin and Melissa knew each other for three weeks on that show and became very close friends during the show. To this day they remain very close friends so with that in mind, please tell me what is so wrong about their relationship or how Melissa led Darin on in any way?

Also, we all knew that Mel had a boyfriend yet none of us wanted to vote her off. That should tell you how great a person she is and how much we wanted her on the boat just cause she was and is so fun to hang out with. You know, its not all about finding true love or someone you can screw around with, it’s more to do with finding people that you can see yourself being friends with long after the cameras off, and someone who’s company you enjoy enough where you would want to travel around the world with that person. In that respect, Darin and Melissa were definitely a worthy couple of winning.

I was really enjoying the show but that ending put a sour taste in my mouth. I can't believe they had another couple join the finals that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

ANSWER: Tell me about it. The second they told us they were adding the third couple I told several crew members that they had just ruined the whole show, and I had to wait a year to unfortunately see just how right I was. I did finally get some satisfaction in hearing from some friends at BMP who acknowldeged that they completely screwed the whole ending of the show up. It would’ve been so much better and so much more dramatic if it was just the final two couples going at it at the end...just imagine the turmoil that Anthony, Ralph and Toni would’ve gone through knowing that they had to vote for either me or Melissa to win the money...that would’ve absolutely killed them and made for great TV in the process...instead, they all got a cop out by having the third couple to vote for.

NYRNMel asked:

Thanks for letting us know the inside story! My question is...What is the edited out "carrot story"?

ANSWER: Well, we had a contest on board sponsored by Polaroid where we were each given JoyCams and told that at the end of the show we would vote on the best picture taken and the winner would receive $1000. Let’s just say that a certain female cast member, we’ll just call her Mel for the sake of anonymity, decided to go for the prize by turning her butt into a smiling face using fruits and vegatables such as cherries, orange slices and well, every face needs a nose so there was a carrot involved...and that carrot wouldn’t just stand up on its own soooo, well, I’m just gonna leave it right there and let you use your imagination.

Oh, by the way, it looks like Polaroid stiffed us on the prize cause we voted on the photos last January and the unofficial head count had me winning with a photo I took of Crazy Tony...and I still haven’t received the $1000 yet. The way this show ended up, big shock right?

Sunnyd asked:

Would you ever consider going on a regular Windjammer cruise?

ANSWER: Sure, if Windjammer would be so kind as to offer myself and the cast a free trip as gratitude for all the wonderful publicity the show gave them I would love to go. All kidding aside, I think it would be great to go on a real Windjammer singles cruise some sort of promotional trip, that would be a blast.

daveaston asked:

Anyways, my question is: will you give us any chance to get in touch with Melissa? I would love to be able to send her an email or something. Do you have an email or even mailing address for us Melissa-fans?

ANSWER: I am a little hesitant to give up my fellow cast members email addy’s, but I’ll tell you what I can do.....here is my email address so go ahead and email me anything you want forwarded to a Melissa.

As for the other cast members, there are several that I talk to and could get messages to....some don’t have email access so you’re out of luck. Here are the cast members that you can reach through me....Greg, Tomiko, Darin, Bob, Jeanette, Melissa, Lisa, Laura, Ralph and Adrian. I could also reach Anthony if you want to send him something, but I haven’t talked to him since the show started so I don’t know how receptive he is to emails from fans of the show.

Just send any emails to orzoff@21stcentury.net and I’ll forward them on...put the name of the cast member you want to reach in the subject line.

jenn_kehoe asked:

A few of us were just curious...have you ever been told that you look EXACTLY like Michael Dell, the CEO and Chairman of Dell? I just kept linking into different sites and saw a picture of you, or what i thought was of you on a dell website, and then i realized it might not be you, but that it might and a few of us are missing some stuff....please aswer!

ANSWER: As a matter of fact I have had a few people tell me that. I went and looked at the Dell website last night for the first time and I must say that we do have a few similar features like a similar smile and forehead, but the eyes and chin are a lot different...and he has a lot more money than me, even if I won that damn show.

AshleaA asked:

Mainly, my questions are Chicago related, since it is my favorite city to visit. How is it that so many cast members are from Chicago? Did you grow up there, or are you a transplant

ANSWER: There were eight cast members from Chicago and that is simply because Chicago is the best damn city in the world! Actually, I was very surpirsed to see how many Chicagoans were on the show so I asked the producers and they told me that they just met a lot of people here that they really liked and didn’t want to say no to. They appear to have been right when you look at how many of the stronger cast members came from Chi-town.

As for the second part of your question, I was born and raised here and with the exception of a few years away at college I have lived here my whole life.

Boston_Girl asked:

I'd be interested in meeting up when I come home to visit. I'm sure you get alot of these types of requests, but I promise, you won't be disappointed. I'm happy to divulge more info. about me if you're interested. What do you think?

ANSWER: I, on the other hand, can not make such promises of non-disappointing sex. But hey, go ahead and email me and you are more than welcome to meet myself, Melissa and Jeanette next time you are gonna be in Chicago partying. We are always meeting new people and having a lot of fun these days and always looking to add to our P Diddy sized entourage. Seriously though, and this goes for anyone who is in Chicago, we go out a lot on the weekends and are more than happy to hang out with fans of the show so don’t hesitate to drop me an email if you are gonna be in town and I’ll let you know where we are gonna be so you can meet up with us and see if you can keep up with the LC’ers in the partying department.

Guess who?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another round of answers true 10-31-01 1
 RE: Another round of answers petethekiller 10-31-01 2
 RE: Another round of answers Boston_Girl 11-01-01 3
   Michael's e-mail... AyaK 11-01-01 4
 RE: Another round of answers airwolf85 11-02-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

true 9681 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Another round of answers"
Hi shakes...

Thanks for the follow-up Q&A. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed watching you on Love Cruise. Even though you didn't win, (you should have!) it was a real hoot to see "our" shakes getting his moment of TV glory. I'm glad you are having fun with your friends from the show, but *I* miss you around here!

Anyway, glad to have met you, you have provided me, and many others hours of twisted entertainment! Try to drop in once in a while, ok?

true

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

petethekiller 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-01, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petethekiller Click to send private message to petethekiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Another round of answers"
Thanks for all the cool answers.

Kinda fun to check back here once and a while for those of us that liked the show.

I guess watching something on television that intrigues you and then being able to get some behind the scenes information is much more interesting than I thought it would be.

Good holidays to you, Mike.

Mike in San Diego.

Boston_Girl 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-01, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boston_Girl Click to send private message to Boston_Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Another round of answers"
Hey, thanks for replying.

Ok, I was kidding about the sex part! But it would be nice to hang out. I will definitely be home around Christmas time, so maybe I will be in touch.

What's your email? I'm sure you've posted it before but I'm new to this message board. Thanks.

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-01, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Michael's e-mail..."
... is in the post above. Look at the question near the bottom, when someone asks for Melissa's e-mail address ... and he offers to forward e-mails to the other cast members. The e-mail address that he gives there is his own.

airwolf85 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-01, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail airwolf85 Click to send private message to airwolf85 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Another round of answers"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-01 AT 04:45 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-02-01 AT 04:43 AM (EST)

Hey there Shakes! I too would like to offer my thanks for your updates & answers on this website. It's great that you manage to find time to do this (undoubtedly amongst a whole host of other commitments?!) and I hope to read further comments/answers from you as you (hopefully) keep visiting this site!

I was also amazed to read the following response from you, in replying to a question. I'd have thought many of you would be looking to 'relax' and maybe pullback from all the publicity that participating in the show has generated!?

<<<we go out a lot on the weekends and are more than happy to hang out with fans of the show so don’t hesitate to drop me an email if you are gonna be in town and I’ll let you know where we are gonna be so you can meet up with us and see if you can keep up with the LC’ers in the partying department.>>>

This is great to see, and I applaud you for it! It's great to see that you, Jeanette & Melissa (and a few others?) are open to getting together with fans for "partying". If I were living in or near Chicago, I would be glad to join in an evening with you all. I reckon I could probably keep up with the "partying"...

I also read that you're going to be starting a thread about your "thoughts" etc. on how the producers "mucked around" with the rules. I eagerly await your postings on this...I'm curious!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •