The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-07-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
First off, I want to tread lightly, because of the religious portion of this show.
THAT being said, what these people are doing is illegal, wrong in my opinion, causing permanent damage to their children, and just crazy.

I feel that the husband, Kody, really thinks he's a super-stud muffin because he has 3 wives, and is courting yet another potential wife, who has 3 of her own (horribly uncontrolled) children. The other 3 wives' philosophy is 'the more the merrier'. I say WHAAAAAAAAAAT???

Just wanted to throw this out there and see what you all think about this being on TV now.

We all know it's going on, but why is it on my TV screen, taking up valuable time that something else could be utilizing, like Billy the Exterminator, or Operation Repo??? Anyway, comments, anyone?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I hate to even admit this, but ... tjdmlhw 10-08-10 1
   RE: I hate to even admit this, but ... JessicaRN 10-09-10 2
 RE: I hate to even admit this, but ... VisionQuest 10-22-10 3
   RE: I hate to even admit this, but ... syren 11-14-10 4
 RE: I hate to even admit this, but ... kidflash212 07-10-16 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-08-10, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
It's not taking up my valuable time because it's not on my TV and it's not going to be on my TV. TLC made a decision to put this trash on, that's their right. I'll vote against it by never turning it on, that's my right.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-09-10, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
I watched it once and I agree with you about the husband. The whole bunch is trying so hard to convince everyone why this arrangement makes sense. How the heck does the family afford their lifestyle?

I thought it was interesting to find out that it is so common in their community, that they no longer have to home school, but that there is a school for children of polygamy.

I just read some blurb about the family being in possible trouble with the law, after drawing attention to themselves with their TV show.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-22-10, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
I watched every episode and found it rather interesting albeit a little boring. From what I saw, they seemed like they had a family unit that worked for them. The kids from the first three wives were well-behaved, hard working, and acted happy. The ones they talked to had goals - one girl wanted to go to the Naval Academy, one girl wanted to be a hairstylist. The one Mom said - you have to get an education to one of the girls. Another Mom said - if they want to live this lifestyle, fine, if they don't that's fine too.

I disagree with you about it causing permanent damage. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that - no one knows how a kid will turn out. Kids from traditional marriages turn out good and bad. Kids from non-traditional marriages turn out good and bad. Kids with divorced parents turn out good and bad.

I only saw 5 hours into their lives, but they seemed happy and loving as a whole. I would never judge their lifestyle because I wouldn't want anyone to judge mine.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-10, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
Very, VERY well said VQ.

I watched, and enjoyed the glimpse into their family. At times it was slightly boring, but I was just so interested in them.

kidflash212 4622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I hate to even admit this, but I want to know if anyone else is watching "Sister Wives"??"
If people can marry multiple partners, isn't it theoretically possible for every adult to be married to every other adult?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •