The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-22-09, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
Avast ye landlocked Lubbers.... Drawback ya boombrakes, and scrape the Daggerboards.
It's season 5! Where's my Rognild?

Captains Kirk, Picard, Janeway, Phil, Sid, Keith, ... and my favorite the Hillstrand Brothers, are at it again catching King Crab, and working long hours.
Who's watching?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 HobbsofMI 04-22-09 1
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 realitycoholic 04-24-09 2
 Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-28-0... batts 04-28-09 3
   RE: Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-... HobbsofMI 04-30-09 4
       RE: Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-... batts 04-30-09 5
 Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smoking! batts 07-01-09 6
   RE: Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smokin... foonermints 02-12-10 7
       RE: Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smokin... kidflash212 07-10-16 16
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 jbug 03-21-10 8
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 mrc 06-28-10 9
   RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 mindy23 07-10-10 10
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 udg 07-12-10 11
   RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 mindy23 07-12-10 12
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 mrc 07-14-10 13
 RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 zombiebaby 07-23-10 14
   RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5 batts 07-28-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 16055 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-09, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
I watch... I love the Northwestern crew the most but only by a hair. Glad Phil is back but sad he found out he could not go out. I'm hoping they find the other 10 crew members who went down alive.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
I love me some Sig! I think my DH is getting a little suspicious of my infatuation as he has commented how I sit up a little straighter and pay more attention when Sig is on... ;o)

That said, does anyone know how much they get paid to be on the show? With the costs of rennovations and repairs before this season, I hope it was substantial!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

04-28-09, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-28-09"
Captain Keith to the Wizard:
"Easyyyy Girl" as the Wizard Rocks and Rolls... and almost Rolls Over in a couple of those swells.

Some bad news, some good news to the fate of the ship that called "Mayday".

HobbsofMI 16055 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-28-09"
The interviews were really sad... I don't think I could sit there and talk about it a month after it happen.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

04-30-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode: Stay Focused or Die 4-28-09"
Yeah, that was pretty sad wasn't it?
11 were on board, and only 4 survived?

Those crab boats need hardshell lifeboats. He was telling how the life-raft kept flipping over after the ship sank.

07-01-09, 00:16 AM (EST)
6. "Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smoking!"
...... for 3 and a half hours. Yes, he did it! It took several packages of nicotine patches, and 10 Mt Everest size swells, but he did it.

Where is everybody?

foonermints 13387 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smoking!"
I guess I'm here, now.

kidflash212 4608 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Captain Sig Hanson QUITS Smoking!"
I'm a little late

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-10, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
I'd only watched bits & pieces of this before today.
Not much on today (well, cept BBall so).
This is really interesting.
When all the ice builds up on the boat & they have to break it all off; all the crabs they have to throw back - sometimes just because they have a few barnacles on them.

A great show.

mrc 10094 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
I have one more episode to watch before the one in which Capt. Phil has his stroke.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-10-10, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
Hubby and I are long-time watchers/fans. Have to say, I'm falling for Sig, myself .

I love the Norwesterner Crew. And also am very sad that Phil passed on before the show aired. We'll definitely be watching when they do the tribute on the 19th. We saw his first stroke happen and was hoping he'd hang it up then. I think if he had, he would've had a better chance of this one not happening.

Not to mention his run in with this son and the addiction problem just before this stroke. Having had several strokes, my husband is well aware of the part that stress plays on your health in that situation. Not to mention his health, diet and the smoking factor.

Interesting that many of the captains are trying to stop smoking! Before AND after what happened to Phil. Hope they are successful.

Anyway, I think this will be an interesting, sad, and heart-warming season. Let's pray none of the ships will be lost, and no crew members will suffer. Although the young man (Jake) on the Northwestern is still worried and wondering about the fact that his father has vanished. Anyone have any news to report on that?

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-12-10, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
OMG. On one hand, they're just documenting what really happened. OTOH, OMG. If they do not win some sort of award for this season, I'll be shocked and disappointed. The blow out between Jake and Phil right before his stroke, and the bit with Freddie giving Josh advice... just... *sobs* And watching it, knowing that Phil is already dead, and the whole thing just leaves me gasping, every single week.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-12-10, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
>OMG. On one hand, they're just
>documenting what really happened. OTOH,
>OMG. If they do not
>win some sort of award
>for this season, I'll be
>shocked and disappointed. The blow
>out between Jake and Phil
>right before his stroke, and
>the bit with Freddie giving
>Josh advice... just... *sobs* And
>watching it, knowing that Phil
>is already dead, and the
>whole thing just leaves me
>gasping, every single week.
>
ITA!! At least the award for 'best reality show'. I think they have won awards in the past, but not sure...

mrc 10094 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-10, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
One thing I don't understand is why Phil kept focusing on Jake as his successor. Josh seems more competent and responsible.

The Hillstrands' talking about retirement is the other big story of this season, IMO. Having them leave would be devastating to the show.

Funny how the producers dropped Wild Bill and the Kodiak like a hot potato. I guess not being able to catch crab doesn't make for exciting TV.

A Slice of Manga

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-10, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
I've watched every season and I just can't imagine another show that truly deserves to be in the "reality" genre. This show blows all the others out of the water.

The way Discovery has handled Phil has been truly touching and tasteful. You can't try to plan for a moment like Sig's reaction to being told about Phil or arrogant Keith's touching tribute by leaving a pot out for him.

You've been hotpocketed!

07-28-10, 04:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Deadliest Catch: Season 5"
My sentiments exactly....
I just love how they showed Phil building little birdhouses like expensive dollhouses.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •