The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gone Country"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17005 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gone Country"
Season 3

I must live in a cave. Of these, I've heard of Justin Guarini and Mickey Dolenz. That's it! LOL

http://www.cmt.com/shows/series/gone_country_3/cast.jhtml

George Clinton - king of funk

Tara Conner - 2006 Miss USA

Taylor Dayne - singer and actress

Mickey Dolenz - A Monkey!

Sheila E - percussionist & singer

Richard Grieco - actor & band singer

Justin Guarini - American Idol runner up

Sliced Strait From the Heart

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gone Country vince3 01-26-09 1
   RE: Gone Country JessicaRN 01-26-09 2
   RE: Gone Country jbug 01-26-09 3
       RE: Gone Country vince3 01-27-09 4
           RE: Gone Country agman 01-27-09 5
               RE: Gone Country vince3 01-27-09 6
                   RE: Gone Country jbug 01-27-09 7
                       RE: Gone Country vince3 01-27-09 8
                           RE: Gone Country agman 01-28-09 9
                               RE: Gone Country vince3 01-28-09 10
                                   RE: Gone Country jbug 01-28-09 11
                                       RE: Gone Country mindy23 02-04-09 12
                                           RE: Gone Country krismiss2us 02-28-09 13
 RE: Gone Country PagongRatEater 03-02-09 14
   RE: Gone Country krismiss2us 03-08-09 15
       RE: Gone Country jbug 03-09-09 16
           RE: Gone Country ssinmd 03-09-09 17
               RE: Gone Country Agman2 03-02-16 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gone Country"
Mickey Dolenz - A Monkey!

Before Frodis and a couple of others find this and beat you to a pulp.......

He was a Monkee!

Considering how old you say you are, surely you've heard of the Monkees? Heck, I'm 36 and I've heard of them, mainly from the repeats of their syndicated show during the 80's........

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-26-09, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Gone Country"
I watched the first episode yesterday and this cast doesn't seem to have the crazies like the last. No Sean Young's or Donna Summer's. Except for the beauty queen, they can all sing.

Not sure what George Clinton is saying, but he is seems so pleasant while he is saying it.

I just wish that they would at least mention what has happened with the last 2 winners. I'm not s huge follower of country music, but if either of these had actually released a song, you would think that you would have heard about it.

01-26-09, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gone Country"
oops, yes Vince, he was a Monkee. sorry about that!
Guess I was thinking about his line when he got up to sing at the bar/club; he started off with "Save a cowboy, ride a monkey" LOL.

And he is one of the 2 names that I recognize (^see?^).
And yes, I am old; rub it in, will ya?

01-27-09, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gone Country"
And yes, I am old; rub it in, will ya?

Considering I'm approaching the age where I'll start seeing peeps that can rub their age in my face soon, I'll take any chance that I can get sometimes.......

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gone Country"
Takes geritol, turns up hearing aid, puts on bifocals....eh sonny boy, what did ya say?

01-27-09, 03:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Gone Country"
*looks at denture creme and various assorted things that my grandparents needed that I don't, yet*

*sigh*

Ah, go listen to the Beatles!

01-27-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Gone Country"
the Beatles? Don't you mean in this case The Monkees?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

01-27-09, 07:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Gone Country"
If that's more his style, he can go ahead and listen to them too!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gone Country"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-09 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Actually The Doors are more my style so I'll just take my old self(younger than Jbug by the way) and listen to them

01-28-09, 03:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Gone Country"
I used to have a cassette tape of them at one point or another. I wonder where it is? And do I have something that can actually play it?..........

01-28-09, 04:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Gone Country"
I not only have a cassette player around somewhere, I still have an 8 track player!
Hey, we figure some day it might be worth something! That and the fake alligator 8-track case full of tapes!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-04-09, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gone Country"
You guys crack me up!! I remember so vividly driving around Florida in hubby's pick up truck, and the only place we could put our 8 track was under the seat...We were being rocked and vibrated by Santana's "Black Magic Woman" all over Tampa!! LOL.

I DID have several records, as in vinyl, by the Monkees-loved that Davey Jones dude. Still do. He's still kind of cute. Mickey? He's gotten really OLD!
Justin? He'll probably do ok. Richard-I remember him on '21 Jump Street'-didn't realize he was so dark and spooky!
The other ones? I had no clue who the heck they were, and still don't. I know who Prince is/was, but not his drummer. And the dude with the colored dreds? WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN???

I'm assuming I should know, but I just don't....I must have been stoned whenever his songs were being played.

But as far as the other 2 winners? Good question. Haven't heard a thing about either of them. I think this is all just a ruse for a reality show so Big Rich can show off again, while he's on hiatus from Nashville Star.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-28-09, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gone Country"
Colored hair guy is George Clinton - you'd know him..grand railroad funk, i believe, was the name of the band...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

after tonight's episode, i have to say that Micky Dolenz was the best as far as making the song sound country...didn't really hear George's version but he may be ok...the rest sounded like bubble gum pop.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gone Country"
This show is everything I love about horrible RTV. Lots of cheese and trumped up drama, but I am just going to have to pass. After season 2 fell so far short of season 1, I just don't want to stick with it til the bottom is reached.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-08-09, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gone Country"
JR is an idiot. He always picks the absolute worst person on these shows. I will not watch anymore. I absolutely love country music and the people he picks have absolutely NO country sound. Micky Dolenz had the best country sound with that american idol kid at a close second. everyone else sounded just like frickin bubblegum pop.

03-09-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Gone Country"
I agree that he chose the wrong one.
Taylor Dayne was better IMO that Sheila E.
But you're right that Mickey or Justin would have had a better shot at making it in country.

I couldn't even understand the words of Sheila's song. Too much screamin...or yellin.

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-09-09, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gone Country"
um, I think the only words WERE "All aboard that glorious train." When she was singing it, I asked my husband, "Are you serious? Does this ong have any other freakin' words?"
So, if he was going to go with the best singer, hands down, Taylor would have been the winner.
Best song, well, we didn't hear the songs in their entirety, but it seems that Richard's seemed to have the most powerful impact on the audience. Taylor's kinda reminded me of a female strength anthem, like that Terri Clark (?) song, and George Clinton (lead singer of P-Funk, BTW) reminded me of maybe a Willie Nelson type song. Maybe Tara could capture the Taylor Swift audience. I thought Justin and Mickey were not believeable, at all, but their songs didn't stink. Sheila's, however, blew chunks. I am wondering if John is just picking the worst out of the bunch every season to make sure he doesn't have anyone competing with him in the country music market. He strikes me as that arrogant.
P.S. He looked like Boss Hogg with his white hat and cigar during the concert.

Agman2 2213 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-02-16, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gone Country"
I miss ssinmind.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •