The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-10-08, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-08 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

GREATEST AMERICAN DOG
Episode One

Big Brother has gone to the dogs!

THE PLAYERS:
If you’ve seen “Best in Show” you’ve met some of these characters before.

All photos courtesy of CBS.

Tillman and his owner, Ron, a construction manager and beach bum from Oxnard, CA.

Presley and his owner, Travis, a former farmer from Oklahoma, now living in L.A. , tending bar and pursuing an acting career.

(OOOPS! File too large!) I'll try to get this uploaded later!

Ezzie and her owner, Michael, an aspiring comedic actor and waiter, living in… you guessed it… L.A.

Preston and his owner Laura, actually working as an actress and living in… (drum roll please!) L.A.

Kenji and her owner, Elan, trying to open her own pet care center and living in… NOPE, not even in California, but in Portland, OR.

Elvis and his owner David, a doctor from New York City, and he’s single girls!

Galaxy and her owner, J.D., a dog entertainer from Bend, OR

Andrew and his owner, Laurie, a doggy day care owner in Stafford, VA

Beacon and his owner, Brandy, a fashion designer from Orange County, CA

Bella Starlet and her owner, Beth Joy, Bella's Acting Manager and living in New York City.

Star and her owner, Bill, a building maintenance worker from Flint, Texas.

Leroy and his owner, Teresa, a pet day care owner from Fairfax, VA.

For full cast information, go to See B.S. here: http://tinyurl.com/5wou8f

Episode one starts off with the usual drivel introducing the dogs and their owners, exposing some of their many idiosynchrocies right off the bat.

The guests file in, all quite pleasantly surprised by the extravagant living quarters in which MOST of them will be staying.

Teresa’s border collie, Leroy, goes nuts over the sight of the pool, and despite her best efforts, is soon enjoying a swim and is soon joined by Presley, the 16 month old boxer, who doesn’t know how to swim (but he learned quickly!)

Meanwhile, Ron is smitten by Laura, “She’s like… aahhh… so hot.”

Brandy's mutt, Beacon gets picked up by Laura, much to the chagrin of Brandy who doesn’t like anyone touching her dog.

Brandy asks Bill his age, he replies that he “probably has underwear older than you are.” Everyone gets a good chuckle while secretly sizing up their competition.

OK, Time for… The Reward Challenge errrr Dog Bone Challenge!

The Host is finally revealed, Jarod Miller as Jiffy Probst.

One by one dog/handler teams are eliminated from the musical chairs competition.
And if nothing else, from this challenge we get our first of two :
Quotes of the week:
Laura, talking to sweet little Preston after elimination, “Let’s go where all the losers are. Yes!”

Finally, the winner of the dog bone challenge is: J.D. and Galaxy who get to stay in a luxury suite and pick one team to live in an outdoor doghouse for three nights. T
he selection…Davis and Elvis had bulls-eyes on their suits. But not to worry, the rest of our cast, excluding J.D., took pity on them and brought them food, their suitcase, and bedding.

Michael and Ezzie get lots of face time throughout the episode, with multiple confessionals… hmmm, could this portend anything?

Brandy announces that she is getting married on April 11th and she invites everyone to a doggie wedding, with both people and dogs invited, to be held on a southern plantation.
And this gives us our second of two Quotes of the week:
Ron says to Brandy, “I can’t remember if that’s the day I’m jumping in front of a train, or that I’m gonna drink bleach.”

Tillman wins best farting award!

Then the all important Elimination Best in Show challenge. The team judged weakest by the panel of three judges will be “expelled from canine academy!”
Michael is shown pondering how his “stomach totally dropped… “this is serious, this is the elimination round.” – does THIS portend anything? Hmmmm….

Our dogs and their people formed three teams of 4, each group came up with a theme to put on a talent show.

Michael… “I think we have a really strong chance.” - misdirection perhaps? Hmmm…

Ezzie, Michael’s Boston Terrier steals Tillman the Bulldog’s skateboard… Ron isn’t amused. Tillman appears befuddled.

Bill and Brandy both have confessionals expressing concern about the upcoming “Best in show” competition. Does THIS portend anything? Hmmm… Nah.

Meet our judges:
Wendy Diamond, Allan Reznik and Victoria Stilwell.

Team "Aloha": Teresa, Bill, Laura, and J.D. from the beach in Hawaii.

David, Travis, Brandy, and Beth Joy perform a high school cheerleading routine.

Michael, Elan, Ron and Laurie do a disco routine. Tillman really CAN skateboard!

Our judges try to look serious and studiously take notes while asking themselves how they got roped into this.
One fun moment though…
Travis “ frisking his dog” looking for a “hall pass” during the high school routine, discovers his dog’s parts and comments… ohhh, that is NOT a hall pass! The female judges like this.

After careful deliberation and a session of heavy drinking, the decision is made…

The bottom three: Brandy and Beacon, Beth Joy and Bella Starlett, Michael and Ezzie.

These three must step forward to the platform…

Final criticisms are lashed out at the contestants by the judges.

This week’s Best Judge Quote: This is the Greatest American Dog, not the Greatest American Michael.” - Judge Wendy Diamond.

Michael and Ezzie are expelled from canine academy. Color me shocked! (not)

Next week on Greatest American Dog…

SnoopySucks the wonder beagle sneaks into canine academy. The next day a top contender is found limping, his achilles tendon mysteriously severed. Desperate for a replacement, the producers “discover” out hero, SS who just happens to be sauntering past the academy, performing a multitude of doggie tricks and she is immediately whisked on to the premises as an “early-season replacement”.

“We were beside ourselves, not knowing what in heavens name to do”, said Jarod Miller.
“It’s just such a shame about that other team, what’s their names… they had such promise.”

Bwhahahaha!

Edited fer spelin' and such.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... iatovttotx78 07-10-08 1
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... Puffy 07-11-08 2
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... maroonclowns mom 07-11-08 3
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... byoffer 07-11-08 4
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... FlowerChild 07-11-08 5
   RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... RudyRules 07-11-08 9
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... Estee 07-11-08 6
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... Ahtumbreez 07-11-08 7
   RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... RudyRules 07-11-08 10
   RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... FlowerChild 07-11-08 11
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... Loree 07-11-08 8
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... kingfish 07-12-08 12
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... KwietOne 07-12-08 13
   RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... observer 07-13-08 14
 RE: Greatest American Dog... episod... Agman2 03-11-16 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-10-08, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Very nice summary of an enjoyable show. I must admit I was amused by the doggy frisking and the hall pass comment. I also enjoyed the skateboarding. I will probably watch the show again next week.

Surfkitten summer sig shop 2008
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Puffy 6671 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I'm glad you wrote a summary. Nice work! I liked the show; laughed all the way through it.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-11-08, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"

Thanks for this. I`ll be warching. Poor dogs look so confused.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Nice job Rudy. The show was more enjoyable than I expected, although it is frighteningly like Big Brother, and some of the people really are nuts. I forget which of the ladies said their dog had a matching bikini with one of her own. That just seemed wrong, but I am sure we will see this in time.

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I KNEW RudyRules would be playing around over in this thread!!!
The wonder beagle would've rocked this show.

Great recap! I LOVED the show. Can't wait to watch it again next week!

I can't stand Beacon and Brandy. I really don't like that breed to begin with. Brandy might be a few tennis ball short of a dog park. If.ya.know.what.I.mean.

I also can't stand Bella Starlet and Beth Joy.
She went in there with the attitude that her perfect little performing dog would win this entire competition with little or no effort. Not the case sweetie! And who in the hell compares their dog to Pamela Anderson??? "When the sun hits her hair just right...." WTF?

She's a few tennis ball short too.

I felt bad for Teresa with her dog Leroy. I've seen dogs bark like that when they get excited. Watching some of the local agility competitions, I've see dogs barking like that. I didn't realize it was such a bad thing. RudyRules - What do you think about that border collie barking? You go to a lot of competitions, don't you? Do you see dogs barking like that?

Marley would've been great at this show. She would've blown these dogs out of the water last night.

07-11-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
RudyRules - What do you think about that border collie barking? You go to a lot of competitions, don't you? Do you see dogs barking like that?

Yup... NOT in obedience trials or conformation shows as they would lose big time points but definitely at agility trials. Many dogs bark their way through the whole course, they get so excited.
And Leroy is like many very normal dogs that bark when they are excited.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Dog dog dog, diggy dog, diggy dog.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Great job Rudy!

Of course I'm pulling for the Okies I really wanted Brandy and Beacon gone, ok maybe just Brandy.

My mother called afterwards saying she felt sorry for Ezzie. I told her, Ezzie's just thinking "car ride, car ride, yippee car ride". That's what Diesel would be saying anyway.

Does it look like Star gets almost hit next week? I'm thinking she and Bill may quit.

I think you should start a PTTE

07-11-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
OOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Good idea!

And maybe some other contests with points for various behaviors!

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I don't know WHAT happens to Star next week, but I'm nervous as hell to find out. Poor baby girl. Whatever it is, it doesn't look good.

I felt bad for Ezzie because I think the judge was right - Her owner was just too overwhelming even for her!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-08, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I loved this show. It made me smile.

kingfish 18824 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-08, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I caught this show.

I did get a BB vibe.

Very nice summary RR, you need to do more.

I just about fell over when I noticed the Tattoo of the pet on the leg of the owner. I mean, GF/BF names are one thing, but your pet? I think she must live alone. I think she'll live alone for a long time.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008, c/o Crabman

KwietOne 1111 desperate attention whore postings

07-12-08, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
What? No Golden Retrievers? The nerve...

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-13-08, 03:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
I thought that the people and dogs had more elaborate costumes than those on Dancing With the Stars.

I wonder if the skits were written by writers. I've read a lot about what goes on behind the scenes in reality shows... and the skits seemed like elaborate Hollywood productions.

The the company that makes the speciaL lawn that is inside the house is one of the advertisers.

And, even though they're "special" dog-people, they're as cliquish as grade school students.

Agman2 2372 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-11-16, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Greatest American Dog... episode summaries!"
Great Summary Rudy. You Rule.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •