The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
Starting this early because of the preview tagline I just saw in my local paper: 'The dogs express themselves creatively in a painting contest'.

No, really.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Greatest American Dog: Epi... Snidget 08-13-08 1
   RE: The Greatest American Dog: Epi... Agman2 03-11-16 12
 This week's challenge. Estee 08-14-08 2
   RE: This week's challenge. kingfish 08-14-08 3
       RE: This week's challenge. Estee 08-14-08 5
           RE: This week's challenge. kingfish 08-14-08 7
 RE: The Greatest American Dog: Epi... Loree 08-14-08 4
 RE: The Greatest American Dog: Epi... Snidget 08-14-08 6
 this could be the next challenge jbug 08-14-08 8
   RE: this could be the next challeng... flystorms 08-14-08 9
       RE: this could be the next challeng... mindy23 08-14-08 10
           RE: this could be the next challeng... RudyRules 08-18-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-08, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
Why should cats get all the glory?

Medal winning sigs by Agman!
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint-Theory-Aesthetics/dp/0898156122

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Agman2 2389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-11-16, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
Why not?

08-14-08, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "This week's challenge."
Explain what the judges were thinking when they went for that particular elimination. Seriously. The endless excuse-making was no worse than what J.D. was doing, other people have criticized training methods et. all of the partners before this, and Laurie & Andrew really should have been on their last strike.

Oh, and Beth? Bella really is smarter than you. And possibly more articulate.

kingfish 18824 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: This week's challenge."
I was pretty disgusted with the whole idea of this challenge too, and more so with the judging. An art contest for dogs to graphically express a relationship? The Photo shoot last week was pretty weak, but this takes the cake. Lets have dog challenges that demonstrate doggie talents and training, not the owner's artistic abilities.

"Next week, we have Doggie Chefs, where each dog gets to invent a new dish. And following that, we have the Doggie Poetry challenge."

It was torture for the dogs, a terrible lesson for dog owners, a demonstration of condescending lunacy by the judges, and I agree, Laurie and Andrew should have gone home. Although I must admit that I'm not a fan of those dogs that have those over-done clips, like on that little dog that did get booted.

I also think it's about time for 'teary' and Belle Star to go home. What a whiner.

08-14-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
5. "RE: This week's challenge."
a demonstration of condescending lunacy by the judges

Judging from the previews, that's next week.

kingfish 18824 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This week's challenge."
I caught that. With only a few exceptions here and there, these people have been remarkably well behaved, so I guess the producers are resorting to having the judges blow up.

Could be fun.

I also wonder about people who have to have their miniature dog in their grasp or lap at all times. Thinking about the judge on the right.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
I wasn't too crazy about this challenge either. But it was sort of fun to see JD hit the bottom 3.

I guessed who would be bottom 3 and who would go home. It was pretty obvious by how the judges reacted and talked to them during their critique. I would have rather seen Laurie go home though. She has been annoying me along with Beth Joy or whatever her name is.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Greatest American Dog: Episode #6"
Um Laura, unless Preston came out of a human uterus (because bonds between adopted kids and parents is just as sacred) please cut the mother and son thing.

The my bond with my dog is the equal of a relationship with a child thing tends to irk me. I know I don't have kids, and I know a lot of people who don't get pets to fill that role for them. I've got too many friends that lost a child and for some reason I couldn't see any of them going yes, your relationship with your dog is as sacred than my relationship with my child was. Or the way she said it even more sacred than a relationship a Mom has with her child as that was the way her words felt to me.

Why isn't it acceptable for someone to dearly love a pet because of all it brings into your life as a pet and appreciate it for the animal it is?

Medal winning sigs by Agman!

jbug 17007 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "this could be the next challenge"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=31889&forum=DCForumID6&omm=0

I wish they'd go back to real doggie tricks.
The scene in the kitchen when they guy spelled S I T for his dogs command? And when Bill gave Star the treat and he held it till Bill read the ingredients to see if the treat fit Star's diet before Star would eat it? Those were great scenes!

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-08, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: this could be the next challenge"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-08 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

I totally agree with you, jbug, about JD and Bill. What a hilarious scene.

I've been reading some of the interviews with the evictees realitynewsonline.com and it sounds like none of the contestants are enamored with the judges. In fact, I don't think any of them had anything good to say about them yet!

I love the dogs and most of the contestants, but the judges and some of the challenges are just ridiculous!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-14-08, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: this could be the next challenge"
>LAST EDITED ON 08-14-08
>AT 01:31 PM (EST)

>
>I totally agree with you, jbug,
>about JD and Bill.
>What a hilarious scene.
>
>I've been reading some of the
>interviews with the evictees realitynewsonline.com
>and it sounds like none
>of the contestants are enamored
>with the judges. In
>fact, I don't think any
>of them had anything good
>to say about them yet!
>
>
>I love the dogs and most
>of the contestants, but the
>judges and some of the
>challenges are just ridiculous!

Could NOT agree more with you all about how STUPID this is getting! What the heck?? This challenge made no sense whatsoever, except to bring out the total beotch in Laura. And that, I suppose, was almost worth it! But give MY dog a paint brush, and he'll either eat it, or try to herd it into a corral somewhere! Ridiculous!! They are not showcasing these dogs for their own personalities, talents, and individual beings that they are! When your master has to semi-cheat (Andrew, anyone??), you know that the competition is just lame!

And this is not the first time that has happened!

I certainly hope they get their act together further down the road and let us see some of the amazing things that dogs like Star, and Preston, and Leroy can really do! Not all this fru-fru carp that we were subjected to last night! No wonder Cesar Milan is not on there-he'd be sticking shock collars on all of them!!! (JK-I think...)

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-08, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: this could be the next challenge"
Agree with all of you!

My goodness... It would be great if we could shock collar: the producers first for the stupid challenge, and the judges second!

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •