The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dance Wars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17006 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-07-08, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dance Wars"
Anyone watching?
I just turned this on. Bruno & CarrieAnn are in Nashville for auditions - trying to find a few more to go on to Hollywood.
This might actually be fun.

Agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dance Wars berwyn 01-08-08 1
 RE: Dance Wars Cyndimaus 01-08-08 2
 RE: Dance Wars MKitty 01-08-08 3
 RE: Dance Wars Sagebrush Dan 01-09-08 4
   RE: Dance Wars jbug 01-09-08 6
 RE: Dance Wars finallytyping 01-09-08 5
 RE: Dance Wars dragonflies 01-09-08 7
 RE: Dance Wars Loree 01-09-08 8
 RE: Dance Wars jbug 01-14-08 9
   RE: Dance Wars catsnotkids 01-15-08 10
 1-14 episode dragonflies 01-15-08 11
   RE: 1-14 episode Sagebrush Dan 01-16-08 14
       RE: 1-14 episode jbug 01-16-08 15
 RE: Dance Wars finallytyping 01-15-08 12
 RE: Dance Wars Loree 01-15-08 13
   RE: Dance Wars jbug 01-16-08 16
 Jan 21 episode Loree 01-22-08 17
   RE: Jan 21 episode catsnotkids 01-22-08 18
   RE: Jan 21 episode trigirl 01-22-08 19
       RE: Jan 21 episode Loree 01-22-08 20
           RE: Jan 21 episode trigirl 01-23-08 22
   RE: Jan 21 episode jbug 01-22-08 21
   RE: Jan 21 episode dragonflies 01-28-08 23
 Jan 28 dragonflies 01-29-08 24
   RE: Jan 28 Loree 01-29-08 25
       RE: Jan 28 catsnotkids 01-29-08 27
   RE: Jan 28 jbug 01-29-08 26
       RE: Jan 28 Loree 01-29-08 28
   RE: Jan 28 trigirl 01-30-08 29
       RE: Jan 28 dancella08 02-04-08 30
 Feb. 4th episode finallytyping 02-05-08 31
   RE: Feb. 4th episode Loree 02-05-08 32
   RE: Feb. 4th episode trigirl 02-06-08 33
   RE: Feb. 4th episode djandy 02-11-08 34
       RE: Feb. 4th episode Loree 02-11-08 35
 Feb. 11th episode finallytyping 02-12-08 36
   RE: Feb. 11th episode catsnotkids 02-12-08 37
   RE: Feb. 11th episode trigirl 02-12-08 38
       RE: Feb. 11th episode finallytyping 02-12-08 39
 The Finale Loree 02-19-08 40
   RE: The Finale catsnotkids 02-19-08 41
       RE: The Finale lynkfri13 02-25-08 45
   RE: The Finale trigirl 02-19-08 42
   RE: The Finale finallytyping 02-19-08 43
       RE: The Finale dragonflies 02-20-08 44
 RE: Dance Wars Autographed Poster C... mbcharity 04-12-08 46
 RE: Dance Wars Agman2 03-07-16 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

berwyn 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-08, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail berwyn Click to send private message to berwyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dance Wars"
I love the dancing shows so I watched last night. I enjoyed it. It reminded me of Fame, and they even compared one contestant to Leroy, who sadly died too young. I appreciated the respect that Carrie Ann, Bruno, and Drew showed to the contestants. I'm still not clear how the whole dance war thing works.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-08-08, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dance Wars"
I caught part of it. I thought it was pretty good, although I don't want to say much since I only saw part of it.

Auditioning in front of a crowd was an interesting twist. People had to confront stage-fright a lot earlier in the process than with the shows where you auditon just in front of the judges.

Sigs by Cyg

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-08-08, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dance Wars"
Yup, dance show junkie here! I will be watching the whole thing. I also like the twist of having them sing. I guess the two teams will compete against each other and then maybe it will go down to one-by-one like it does in Biggest Loser (at least that is my best guess!)

No favourites yet..but I'll tune in next week.

*winter delight from Sharnina*

Sagebrush Dan 9978 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dance Wars"
I have a comedy improv class at the same time this is on, so I have to tape it. I fast forwarded through most of the auditions, but really enjoyed the two dancing numbers. I thought the hot medical student looked better before the make up people got to him.

01-09-08, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dance Wars"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-08 AT 11:15 AM (EST)

You know I thought of you while watching this! LOL
Zack? I'll fight you for him!

'Getting older softens you into learning that love, kindness, and forgiveness are far more important than one's opinion.' Sagebrush Dan

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-09-08, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dance Wars"
I was actually disappointed and a bit bored, which surprised
me because I like the personalities of Carrie Ann and Bruno.

I like singing competitions and I like dancing competitions
but this was kind of like "who put peanut butter in my chocolate?" or rather, "who put orange juice in my oatmeal?"

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dance Wars"
I DVR'd it, and watched the NY auditions, but got bored and FF thru the rest to the end. Now that the preliminary blah blah is over, I think I might actually watch it. Especially since some of my other shows have ended or are ending soon.

made specially for me by agman!
Enjoy the day God gave you - the late Jessica V

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dance Wars"
I never like the audition process for these shows. So I will probably enjoy it more next week.

01-14-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Dance Wars"
This is a great show so far!
gotta get Webby to put this one in our active forums list.
Please Webby?????

Agman

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dance Wars"
I also am enjoying the show. Last night was fun. The dances were great fun to watch. Some of the competitors are great!

01-15-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "1-14 episode"
Overall I enjoyed the dances, although I felt it a little ludicrous to say that Carrie Ann & Bruno based who they were choosing on those performances. What did each person get, like 2 sentences to sing individually? Of course they had it all arranged beforehand between the two of them.

So does anyone know how this will work from this point?

Go Pack!

Sagebrush Dan 9978 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 1-14 episode"
Not sure how this will work from here on out; like, will there be public voting, etc.

The dancing was much better. The men's singing "Hold On, I'm Coming" was weak, weak, weak. So was the singing in "Lady Marmalade" and "The Beat Goes On." But the singing in the rest of the numbers was quite good, and I enjoyed the dancing for the most part.

Not surprised farm boy went home, but was surprised about the female choice.

01-16-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 1-14 episode"
Farmboy is from my neck of the woods . I was hoping he'd get on one of the teams. Did you notice there were FOUR from TN in the group of 14? 2 males; 2 females. So 3 of the 4 got on the 2 teams.

Sliced Strait From the Heart

01-15-08, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dance Wars"
ok, the second show held my attention much better. The
singing is still weak, but I'm liking the dancing more.

I wonder though if this will someday morph into another
America's Most Talented. Singing, dancing, stand up comic...
he can sing, he can dance, he can make you laugh, but can
he contort?

01-15-08, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dance Wars"
Since Zack is Julianne Hough's ex. I wonder if she helped him get on the show?

I still am not sure how this war and voting will go. But I will keep watching.

01-16-08, 11:44 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Dance Wars"
The way I understand it for now at least is that the two groups will complete against each other and the viewers will vote on the group/team they like the most.
The losing group/team will then send someone home? decided by Burno or CarrieAnn? Not sure

Boot Scootin with Snidget

01-22-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
17. "Jan 21 episode"
Anyone watch? I was not happy that the first half hour was pretty much a recrap of the last week. If I had known they planned to do that I could have skipped watching last week.

I enjoyed Bruno's group the most. I was disappointed with Carrie Anne's first number and the women seemed to carry the last one. Bruno's seemed to all be involved more and do more dancing.

01-22-08, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
I also was disappointed with the 30 minute recap. Totally unnecessary!! I had a hard time judging the two performances. They both seemed fine to me, not outstanding but good... ? I didn't vote because I really couldn't decide between the two.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-08, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
I DVR'd it and FF'd to just the performances. Don't need to see too much else. I thought Bruno's group was much better than Carie-Anne's. She was right that Bruno's is more like a chorus and not leads, but at least they were good.

Who is Zach's girlfriend and what is the connection? If this is another set-up show (ANTM cycle 9) I will be upset!

01-22-08, 05:52 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
Zach's ex is Julianne from DWTS (at least that is what I have heard). A show that Bruno and Carrie Anne are judges on.

01-23-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
ohhh...don't really watch that show...That doesn't seem fair, does it?

01-22-08, 08:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
I like this show but like the rest of you thought the first half hour totally unnecessary. I kept flipping between this and American Gladiator till they finally got to the new dances.
I couldn't decide between the 2. But then I never vote on these things anyway.

Agman

01-28-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Jan 21 episode"
FF through the recrap. I agree with the consensus that Bruno's group was better, but neither was stellar IMO.

on the beach with smokeysmom

01-29-08, 10:34 AM (EST)
24. "Jan 28"
Color me surprised that Bruno had to eliminate someone. I thought for sure it would go the other way. Did Carrie Ann get the sympathy vote because of the microphone issue?

I liked the whole group number, but I thought the individual team numbers weren't awesome. I did like Carrie Ann's team way better than Bruno's overall. So I guess she'll be getting rid of someone next week.

on the beach with smokeysmom

01-29-08, 11:42 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Jan 28"
Every article I read about this show thought Bruno had the better team. So it figures the public vote would go Carrie Anne's way.

I just wonder if this means Carrie Anne has a few people on her team that really have alot of faithful fans voting for them. If that is true Bruno will continue to lose every week. He has already lost anyone that was voting for his team just because of Charity. Not sure what the plans are if the same team loses every week. I do not think this is about talent as much as about popularity. Obviously a team with more people on it will have more people voting for them.

I figured Charity would go if Bruno lost. So it was no surprise.

01-29-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Jan 28"
Dunno. I thought Carrie Ann's team has better talent overall. His team has some pretty weak links. The two who did the sing-off last night, for example, were equally bad. Bad, bad...

The show was way too staged for me last night. When they were criticizing Carrie Ann's team and she was participating in the criticism, it seemed obvious that Bruno's team had lost and that the producers are setting it up so her team loses this week. Ugh.

The show isn't going well. More talent would help.

01-29-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Jan 28"
I missed last nite. We have tv problems - only one for now - and DH gets to chose! wah!!!!
I can't remember which one was Charity. What does she look like?

01-29-08, 12:56 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Jan 28"
Charity was the last female that Bruno chose. She has long dark hair.

01-30-08, 07:54 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Jan 28"
I thought they were setting it up for a Carrie Anne loss. Both Bruno and Carrie Anne seemed surprised and I don't think they are that good at acting.

Regarding the last performances, I thought that on the first number Carrie Anne won, but Bruno's number was okay. For the second performance I thought that Bruno won and Carrie Anne's number was awful. Who knows!

dancella08 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-04-08, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dancella08 Click to send private message to dancella08 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Jan 28"
I agree. Poppa was a Rolling Stone was a great performance, clothes to that stomp dance they did, but the second number was very weak. I didn't love either of Bruno's teams performances, but the second one was not as bad as the first.

02-05-08, 02:06 AM (EST)
31. "Feb. 4th episode"
This show is losing me fast. I think outside of
producer manipulation, Carrie Anne's team will win every
challenge because Bruno's personality is just too strong.
He fits in perfectly as a foil to the Len on the other
dancing show. Here, he is just plain annoying. He wasn't
at first, but for me, he is now.

And the singing? Ugh. I lvoe me some mute button.

02-05-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Feb. 4th episode"
I am surprised they didn't find more talented people for this show. Quite a few of them on both teams are not that good.

I do think Bruno was using strategy lastnight. He put Zack in the bottom 2 with Tony when we know that is not what Bruno thinks. But since it seems Zack is the most popular person on Bruno's team he wanted to put him in jeopardy. I believe Bruno is hoping the Zack fans will get scared that Zack might be booted if Bruno's team loses again. So they better vote to save Zack and Bruno's team.

Plus I think fans could get curious to see who Carrie Anne would boot if she lost. That might change the voting for a week. But right now you have 6 people against 4 people. Odds are 6 people should pull in more fan votes than 4 people. This set-up could be a disaster.

02-06-08, 03:34 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Feb. 4th episode"
Carrie Anne's team will win every challenge because Bruno's personality is just too strong.

I agree. It seems that viewers are voting agains Bruno rather than for Carrie Anne. There is no way that Tony should have gone this week. There are some very weak people still on team CA and I really hope they get rid of them soon or I will lose interest.

Also agree that it was a good strategy to put Zack in the bottom two!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-11-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Feb. 4th episode"
Was that Julianne Hough cheering in the audience?

02-11-08, 03:49 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Feb. 4th episode"
Yes, it was.

02-12-08, 02:18 AM (EST)
36. "Feb. 11th episode"
I guess I was proven wrong since Bruno's team won.
However, I will stand by my claim of producer manipulation.
I watched the whole show in 20 minutes and was still not
entertained.

I don't see how Bruno could have compared this to AI. Most
of these singers would have been on the William Hung end
of the spectrum. He dances, right?

I noticed Bruno toned down his rhetoric a bit. A teensy weensy
bit.

02-12-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Feb. 11th episode"
Ditto. The singing is so bad that it's difficult to watch. I muted all of the time they spent doing the backstage/training bit. Way too long and not that interesting.

Bruno was definitely making an effort to be nicer this week.

I'm amazed that they couldn't find better people for this show.

02-12-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Feb. 11th episode"
Glad Bruno's team finally won, but agree that the quality of performances is sadly lacking. I think this type of performance show is dated. When you are doing singing and dancing shows, the audience accepts a little cheese if it is a little Broadway. You can't have production numbers like this and make it so darn cheesy. Thank goodness for the FF button.

Having said that, I have stuck it out this long, I will stick it out 'til the end.

02-12-08, 04:12 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Feb. 11th episode"
Trigirl, you made me realize that I really like the
Broadwayesque numbers on SYTYCD but the attempts at
a Broadway style on this show fail miserably. I thought
it was just because I didn't like the style. I just don't
like the choreography, the dancing and the singing on this show.
Sadly, I liked Carrie-Ann, Bruno and the host guy on DWTS,
but now, not so much.

02-19-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
40. "The Finale"
Did anyone bother to watch?

With all the recrapping they could have had a half hour finale instead of 2 hours. They were even recrapping the recraps. And what was up with Drew's number?

Bruno's team won. But I doubt either team would have gone on to any success no matter who won. There really was not enough talent on either team.

And they made sure to drag out the DWTS announcement to keep people watching.

Biggest surprise to me was that they were saying this was the first winner of Season One of Dance Wars. Do they really plan a Season Two?

02-19-08, 09:28 AM (EST)
41. "RE: The Finale"
I barely watched. During the first hour I didn't watch at all, too many recaps. I've already seen all that stuff twice anyway, the first time it happened and then the first time they recapped it...

ITA about Drew's number. That came out of nowhere!

I didn't even stay up to find out who won. Mostly I wanted to see Kenny Maines doing the DWTS annoucements, which I did manage to catch, happily. (By far the best part of the show). I didn't watch any of the dancing/singing numbers.

Surprised to see that Bruno's team won, though. I thought CA's team was better, albiet not very good.

Can't imagine a season two... who on earth would watch?

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-25-08, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: The Finale"

>Can't imagine a season two... who
>on earth would watch?
I'd watch again if all the other tv pickings where as slim as they were the past few months.
Buy i'll watch any crap with the chance of some good dancing.

02-19-08, 04:10 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The Finale"
Taped it in it's usualy timeslot only to find out it was two hours long! Missed the last half hour which was the only bit of new stuff. Cannot BELIEVE that they recrapped as much as they did. I seriously ff'd through 75 minutes of recrap. Unbelievable! Then I miss the ending. Aaaagghhhh!

bouncey by Ice

02-19-08, 05:00 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The Finale"
Thankfully this crap is over.
I ff'd most but the DWTS announcements. Those segments actually made
me laugh several times. Kenny is hilarious.

I think Carrie Ann and Bruno knew the final results already. Nick had a slip
of the tongue when he asked Bruno how he felt about winning "last night" when
he meant "last week." He tried to cover it up instead of making a joke about it.
I think Bruno and C-A wanted to know ahead of time so they could script their
reactions.

If any of these contestants make a name for themselves as a direct result of
this show, I will go streaking down my street.

02-20-08, 09:09 AM (EST)
44. "RE: The Finale"
I thought the same thing, about Drew's slip. I liked Carrie Ann's team more, but I guess they wanted the message that "talent" wins out in the end over "chemistry". All in all, not my favorite show, but I didn't mind watching it via DVR, so I could fast forward all the recrapping that was done all season long.

Icey bounces our hearts!

mbcharity 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-12-08, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mbcharity Click to send private message to mbcharity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Dance Wars Autographed Poster Charity Auction"
The show has donated a poster autographed by Carrie Ann, Bruno, Drew and most of the contestants to benefit Recording For The Blind & Dyslexic. The auction is up on on eBay, Item #: 130212075299.

Thanks for your support!

MB

Agman2 2275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-07-16, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Dance Wars"
Wan't fun. cancelled right away!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •