The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef, Texas!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-11, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef, Texas!"
Did anyone watch?

29 chefs? Crazy... but they have to cook their way to a chef's jacket. Last night was the first half. The chefs had to go in groups of 9 or 10? (I couldn't keep track). The one guy in group 2 got sent home for butchering like an amateur and didn't even get to cook. One lady ran out of time and never got the main ingredient on the plate... home for you too!

Oh, and Emeril was there.

Next week will be (I'm guessing) group 3 and then those on the bubble competing for the 5 spots that are left (11 were chosen last night for a total of 16 spots).

Awesome sig courtesy of that fabulous syren ©2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! arkiegrl 11-04-11 1
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 11-04-11 2
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! JessicaRN 11-05-11 3
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 11-05-11 4
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 12-09-11 5
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 12-09-11 6
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 12-09-11 7
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! ARnutz 12-12-11 8
           RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 12-13-11 9
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! KwietOne 12-15-11 10
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 12-15-11 11
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 12-16-11 12
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 12-16-11 13
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! arkiegrl 12-19-11 14
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! mindy23 12-22-11 15
           RE: Top Chef, Texas! arkiegrl 12-22-11 16
               RE: Top Chef, Texas! frodis 12-22-11 17
                   RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 12-22-11 18
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 02-02-12 19
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! arkiegrl 02-02-12 20
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 02-03-12 21
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! Starshine 02-03-12 22
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! Starshine 02-10-12 23
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 02-10-12 24
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! JessicaRN 02-11-12 25
       RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 02-11-12 26
 RE: Top Chef, Texas! udg 02-16-12 27
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! jbug 02-16-12 28
   RE: Top Chef, Texas! KwietOne 02-17-12 29
 And we have a winner weltek 03-02-12 30
   RE: And we have a winner jbug 03-02-12 31
   RE: And we have a winner Tenorsaxy 03-11-12 34
 Reunion jbug 03-09-12 32
   RE: Reunion udg 03-09-12 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-11, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Sloppy plating = no jacket for you! Understandable, considering it was soup, and most of it was on the plate and not the serving container he was trying to pour it in.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I think 4 more will be given jackets from group 3 - and ever how many are on the bubble (where did that come from?) will compete for the last available jacket. At least that's the way I see it happening.

The one guy who literally butchered the pig must have been embarrassed as heck! I'm glad the woman who had the tiny bit of tenderloin that he left her at least gets another try.

Can I just say that I <3 Tom?

Crusin w/ Tribe

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-05-11, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
After all of these seasons, this is still my favorite competition,reality show.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-05-11, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
The one guy who literally butchered
the pig must have been
embarrassed as heck!

Nah. His ego didn't let him admit that he'd done anything wrong. He was awesomer than awesome, and he'll still make a bunch of money cooking for rich people with meat butchered by someone who knows how.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

12-09-11, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
My Tivo stopped recording this for a while. I just got caught up today.

12-09-11, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I'm still watching.
Team challenges like that are unfair IMO.
The guy who cooked the steaks was not responsible for someone else putting them in the oven & overcooking them; I'm glad he wasn't sent home for that.

The one who won with the cake dessert? Used another chef's recipe & one that had been used on the show before! What about the other 2 who helped her on the dessert? Why did they get no credit?

I was glad they recognized the chef who made the butter & sauce for the steak; something like that seems so simple and often goes unnoticed.

12-09-11, 02:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I totally agree. It would have been VERY unfortunate for Ed to go home when the winner used *his* recipe!

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-11, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I'm still watching too. I peek in here every week, but have been too busy to post!

I agree on the team challenge thing as well. I've always hated them!

I was so pissed about the steak thing. Ty-Lör should have been more on the ball, but stupid Lindsey (who put them in the oven) didn't even seem to ask him about his plan for them!

On a side note: why does "Tyler" need to be spelled "Ty-Lör" and have an umlaut on the o? Is he, like, really fancy? Then why is his actual last name "Boring"?

I really like Grayson. I freaking HATE Heather!!!!!!!

12-13-11, 11:11 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Speaking of Grayson,
I've seen her somewhere before;
and and her name Grayson.
Where do I know her from?

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-11, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
OMG...I HATE HEATHER. I REALLY REALLY HATE HER.

Sheez, get over it already. Why would you throw your teammate under the bus when it's BOTH of you that get eliminated? What is the deal with this vendetta against Beverly? Heather is just a bonafide BULLY!

Aaaaargh!

12-15-11, 06:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Bully AND a hypocrite! She doubts Beverly's skills, but she uses Ed's recipe twice? Her demise is definitely coming soon. Not just because she's a jerk, but because she's the one lacking in skill.

12-16-11, 10:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Top Chef just joined all the other RTV shows that are "fixed".
It was obvious that Heather & Bev should have gone home.
The 2 that left only had undercooked; otherwise their food tasted great.
The other 2 only had a sweet potato problem not meshing with the rest of the dish.
Heather & Bev had too much on their plate & 3 different ways to cook the duck. Nothing cohesive & obviously not a successful dish at all.
But they were kept for the drama they will bring to the show - well, Heather anyway.

When she was yelling about only being sent home for "what SHE cooks" someone should have spoken up and reminded her that Top Chef requires team challenges. It happens, get over it.

12-16-11, 02:34 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
>When she was yelling about only
>being sent home for "what
>SHE cooks" someone should have
>spoken up and reminded her
>that Top Chef requires team
>challenges. It happens, get
>over it.

I totally gave her that lecture from my living room!

12-19-11, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
yeah, that made NO sense! If you would both be eliminated, why throw out the argument of why your teammate should go? Heather needs to get off my tv, and soon.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-22-11, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Ding dong, she is finally gone!!

12-22-11, 12:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Yes! I was so happy to see her go last night! I loved the little comment Tom made to her about using the pressure cooker - Beverly used it, and she's not here. Nice dig there, Tom!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-22-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
That made me laugh, too. I really like Tom.

I thought that eye candy boy was doomed, and was a bit surprised that Heather was sent packing. I don't disagree, though. When your dinner guests identify your meat as "big foot" there's pretty much no excuse to save you.

Bobblefred by Tribe. Fred's snowed in by Agman

12-22-11, 10:52 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
count me happy too that bully Heather is gone.
Now please do not let her win a cook-off and get to come back.

I was so happy to see Beverly in the top after being bashed by Heather. & she was so right, Heather wanted to go for what she cooked by herself - and she did!

Ag covered my snowglobe in chocolate! Awesome!

02-02-12, 09:47 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Am I the only one still watching?

The Last Chance Kitchen contests online have been fun to watch.
Glad Beverly had a chance to win a couple but I hope Grayson is the one to get to come back for then end.

The judging in the LCK should have been blind. Rachel & Guy do blind judging & it is fair.

Of the F4, I like Paul best; then Ed.
Lindsay & Sarah are okay but haven't liked their attitudes.

Agman has my heart 2012

02-02-12, 11:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I'm still watching, too. I agree that I would like to see Grayson come back for LCK. Actually, I would have liked to see Nyesha be able to come back, just because I hate the double eliminations where one person goes home because of the bad luck of being paired with the chef with the worst dish that go-around. But since Beverly eliminated Nyesha, then my next choice is Grayson.

02-03-12, 01:09 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I'm torn now that it's Greyson vs Bev. I really want to see Bev send Lindsey packing, but I like Greyson more. I'd be OK with Paul or Ed winning.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-03-12, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"

Once Greyson told Tom not to be so stupid over the chicken sandwich vs meatball thing her time was definitely over, he was going to get her out even if she had cooked the best dish ever.

I'm with you UDG, I hope to see Greyson come back, but would be OK with Paul or Ed winning.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-10-12, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
If there is going to be another season of this then they must get rid of Tom and put Hugh in his place, and they have to introduce blind judging, so many times people say something and get kicked out for that rather than their food (or so it appears I appreciate that I haven't tasted the food).

I cannot see past Paul for the win, Sarahs cooking always appears dull and uninspired, plus she really isn't up for the competition. Bev can cook well however she nearly always blows one element which will do for her. And Linsey just doesn't seem to have the "magic" touch that a top chef needs.

02-10-12, 12:01 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Paul is the only consistent one left.

Sarah should have been gone long ago.
Lindsey just has a terrible attitude (to me).
Bev - well, I wanted to see Ed in the final. It was okay to have a last chance kitchen, but when a person has been booted once? they should have to have absolute perfection to stay in.

About Tom - & blind judging, etc.
I agree.
I think the only reason Bev is in the final is cause they want to have a showdown between her & Sarah & Lindsey.
Sarah & Lindsey were so ugly to Bev all season; Tom wants Bev to be able to get back at them & win. I'm afraid they may give the win to Beverly just for that reason.

That is the reason too that Lindsey is there instead of Ed. Ed in the finale wouldn't be the same drama effect - & wouldn't beating Ed wouldn't give Bev the same satisfaction.

Wonder if Sarah's mentor said anything to her about "taking" the place in the finale instead of "winning" a place in the finale.

All that said, I'd rather see Bev win than Sarah or Lindsey.

But I really want Paul to win.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I am always struck by how much I still like this show, even after all of these seasons.

02-11-12, 03:22 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
I agree. Paul has to win. I don't mind Bev as a close second. Lindsey & Sarah are villains plain and simple. I wish Ed had beaten one of them to the final-final 4, but he seemed to know he was leaving before deliberation was over, so I don't think it was just plot-arc that sent him home. Plus, for me, it would have been more satisfying for Bev to send one of the Evil Sisters home right away, with no 2nd chance.

02-16-12, 01:29 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Well, that was disappointing. And they're dragging out the rest of the season for another 2 episodes!

02-16-12, 10:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
what did all those challenges have to do with being a chef?
facing fears & any challenge?
okay, but they could have given them an ice axe instead of just a small ice pick.

& the skiing was dangerous ; one of them could have gotten hurt

not happy that Sarah is in the F3

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-12, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Top Chef, Texas!"
Pulling for a Paul win, but I have this funny feeling Lindsay will win it. Very disappointing season - let's just get it over with.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-12, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "And we have a winner"
This season's challenges were either a little "stale" or absurd (hacking your food out of ice, shooting, skiing). That being said, the contestants were a pretty likable, talented bunch.

That being said, I love the twist of including some accomplished local chefs in the "sous chef" assortment.I certainly thought Sarah was getting the winner's edit last night, therefore I was pretty surprised.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

03-02-12, 08:48 PM (EST)
31. "RE: And we have a winner"
I was happy that Paul won; he had been consistently good all season.

Nice to see a few of the cheftestants eating the final dinners too. Ed and Bev - might have been others

Crusin w/ Tribe

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-11-12, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: And we have a winner"
I missed a lot of episodes because I was bored by this season. And I couldn't stand Sara! I'm just glad someone other than her won. Paul was great all season though.

My next song is for Agman.

03-09-12, 12:19 PM (EST)
32. "Reunion"
I enjoy reunion shows like this where we see that many have become good friends;
and we see some of the fun they had along the way as well.

It had to be hard for Bev to have to see the bullying all over again. And that is what it was - bullying.
Sarah & Lindsay seem to have apologized - and they seemed sincere.
Sarah was really upset that her parents & family saw what she did; she kept saying that that was not her; but it was. yes, the stress causes a lot of reactions - we saw that from most all of the others. But that was her; no one made her say those things. I hope she has learned from that experience.

Now Heather? was the leader bully. She didn't apologize - it would not have been sincere if she had; she didn't try to say that wasn't really her; she knew it was. When TayLor said what a good head chef & boss she was, that is probably true. But in HER kitchen, she was boss; she didn't need to be a bully. In Top Chef, she wasn't boss and that's when the bully side of her emerged. I don't think she learned anything from her experience; she'll always resort to being a bully when she wants to.

03-09-12, 03:30 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Reunion"
Heather definitely didn't do herself any favors with her argument.

I was disappointed to see Malibu Chris win Fan Favorite.

And, I had no idea that Chris Jones was growing out his hair for Locks of Love, which is why he had such a weird "style" with the stupid ponytail. He should have mentioned that on camera at least once during the actual season!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •