The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef Masters Season 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-10, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef Masters Season 2"
Anyone watching?

Wednesdays at 10 EDT.

I missed the first episode, but saw the last two.

They seem to have either 5 or 6 chefs each week. Not sure why they are switching off. I don't like when things are not even.

I'll be watching tonight.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 jbug 04-28-10 1
   RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 ARnutz 04-29-10 2
 RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 udg 04-30-10 3
   RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 mindy23 05-06-10 4
       RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 okaychatt 05-21-10 5
           RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 jbug 05-21-10 6
           Culture weltek 05-24-10 7
               RE: Culture JessicaRN 05-24-10 8
                   RE: Culture jbug 05-24-10 9
 RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2 jbug 05-28-10 10
 Final Three... ARnutz 06-05-10 11
   RE: Final Three... udg 06-06-10 12
   RE: Final Three... cipher5150 06-07-10 13
       RE: Final Three... weltek 06-07-10 14
 Finale jbug 06-11-10 15
   RE: Finale cipher5150 06-11-10 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-10, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
I'm recording tonite;
but I've watched them all so far.
I thought they'd had 6 each time;
2 move on to the next round.

I am so glad the Lud guy (French) didn't move on;
he is conceited, arrogant, has a foul mouth that needs to be filled with soap, and an overall bad attitude.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-29-10, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
There was only 5 last night and I thought I saw only 5 two weeks ago. Maybe I have forgotten now.

There are a total of 22 chef bios on Bravo, so maybe they did 6, then 5, then 6, then 5?

At any rate, each week there were two who moved on, so now we have 8 total in the next round.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-30-10, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
I've been watching. I missed the first episode, too, but picked it up as a rerun thanks to Tivo.

"The first episode brings together six exceptional chefs including Ana Sortun (Oleana), Govind Armstrong (8 oz Burger Bar), Jerry Traunfeld (Poppy), Jimmy Bradley (The Red Cat), Susan Feniger (Street) and Tony Mantuano (Spiaggia)."

Episode two... "five Masters are put to the test. Carmen Gonzalez (Chef Consultant), David Burke (David Burke Townhouse), Marcus Samuelsson (The Red Rooster), Monica Pope (T’afia) and Thierry Rautureau (Rovers) face off at the posh Thompson hotel in Beverly Hills."

"Week 3 brings the chefs to the cramped kitchen of Tom Bergin’s Tavern on Fairfax... Graham Elliot Bowles (Graham Elliot Restaurant), Jonathan Waxman (Barbuto), Ludo Lefebvre (Ludo Bites), Mark Peel (Campanile), Rick Moonen (Rick Moonen’s RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay), and Wylie Dufresne (wd~50) go head-to-head..." (That's six.)

Episode 4: "Competing to make classic dishes current are five top chefs from far ends of North America, including Debbie Gold (The American Restaurant), Jody Adams (Rialto Restaurant), Maria Hines (Tilth), Rick Tramonto (TRU) and Susur Lee (Madeline's)."

I honestly didn't notice that we were a chef short for episodes 2 & 4 until I checked the website.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-10, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-10 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

I have to admit, I'm totally confused by what they're doing, too! And I started watching from the first episode.

All I know is that Jodi seems to be doing very well, and SanSur, or whatever his name is, is very arrogant, has a foul mouth, and is incredibly conceited. But he's an amazing chef!

Last night, they catered a wedding, where one group of 4 did what the groom wanted, and the other group of 4 did what the bride wanted. It was so confusing, because the judges were so hard on what the bride's group did, yet THEY won! They bride's cake was FUUUGLY! And the groom's side had amazing food, with FIVE dessert selections, so what the heck?? I dunno...I think they drink more than they should and they forget what they ate! Just MY H.O...that old man with the scrunchy face (judge), makes me laugh, because he looks like a duck and acts like a weasle! LOL. I'm amazed that some of these people are actually food critics, and wonder how they got there. Like the lady with the hat....??

It's definitely a strange, yet somewhat interesting show.

ETA: the guy's name is SuSur...just read it in the left hand column..

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-21-10, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
SuSur annoyed me when he used another chef's bacon grease for his own recipe. He had to know someone else was going to use that. I consider that a very low thing to do. Subsequent challenges found SuSur infringing on that same chef's prep/cooking space. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and should be rewarded with an elimination - soon.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

05-21-10, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
I don't think he 'used' the bacon fat.
He used the skillet that contained the grease to throw his trash/scraps in. He saw what looked to him like a dirty skillet and threw some stuff in it.

With that many people in a kitchen, someone is sure to mess up something that someone else has set aside -
moral is? put your stuff in a safe place!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-10, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Culture"
I'm not a huge Susur fan, but using bacon fat isn't a universal concept.

Invading the space, a little more blatantly rude, IMHO. The concept of space is a little more universal, though in some cultures, less importance is placed upon respecting space.

-A Tribetastic Creation

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-10, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Culture"
I love Top Chef so I also love this version. Last year I was impressed with how congenial and respectful they were to each other compared to the regular Top Chef. This year, it seems a bit more aggressively competitive.

I think it is funny that they come on this show and somehow get highly insulted and defensive when their food is criticized. I know that I would feel like that if I had to watch people eat and critique what I had cooked, but I wouldn't go on a show like this.

I like the shaggy, gray haired guy who calmly walks around and actually finishes early, while everyone else is madly running until the very end. His food always looks simple and delicious.

I also thought it was funny watching the stodgy food critics try to get into the whole tailgating experience. Interesting that in many of these episodes, the diners scores are so different from the critics scores. Perhaps the critics should get off of their arrogant perch and think about that.

05-24-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Culture"
I'm a Top Chef fan too - regular & Masters.
& I agree about the critics.
They are so far removed from regular food, their taste buds are messed up! LOL

I love it when one of the chefs tell them flat out that they are wrong! Glad they stand up for themselves.

05-28-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Top Chef Masters Season 2"
Rick was funny acting like the devil himself
He was having fun anyway. Even tho he gets a bit competitive and bossy sometimes.

I hated to see Susan go - she was going great - and seemed to have so much fun!

I really like Jonathan - Obi-Wan Kenobi

06-05-10, 04:26 PM (EST)
11. "Final Three..."
We are down to Rick, Susur and Marcus.

Personally, I am rooting for Rick as he seems to be the least pretentious and most helpful and humble. The other two are also very talented, but they've had moments where I've been irked by them more-so than Rick.

Rankings:
1. Rick
2. Susur
3. Marcus

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-06-10, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final Three..."
I like Rick and Marcus. Susur is my least favorite, though I think he's probably the best chef overall.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-10, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final Three..."
In the previews for the finale I just caught in passing Susur saying something about his wife dying in a plane crash so I looked it up…his first wife died in the Korean Air Flight 007 disaster in 1983 – the crash where the civilian commercial plane was shot down by Soviet MiGs when it violated their airspace because of a navigational error, killing 269 people.

I was barely a teenager when this happened but I remember it being a huge deal. I did a little research on it and was surprised to learn a couple of things: I was under the impression that the plane basically blew up when it was shot with a missile, but on the contrary, flight data information showed that the plane continued to fly for over 12 minutes before crashing and that the crew was in contact with the ground for some of that time. How awful!

The other thing that surprised me was that this incident was what made GPS available. It caused Reagan to order the U.S. military to make GPS available for civilian use so that navigational errors like this could be averted in the future.

Fooner cracked my code

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final Three..."
Interesting. thank you for the background.

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-11-10, 09:23 AM (EST)
15. "Finale"
I like hearing the stories of the finalist and how they got to where they are. Then they choose food to reflect those parts of their lives - and once you see it, it all comes together.
I'd never have a clue - course I'm not a chef

I still would have liked to see Jonathan in the final 3 - but then would have missed any of the other 3 who were there so...

I'm glad Marcus won - especially because of who his charity is. It has such a personal connection to him. I loved hearing how he re-ties himself to his birth country.

One thing I noticed when they were shopping: Marcus checked out at $740 + and cooked for 8 people. Wow! That's some expensive groceries!

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-11-10, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale"
<<One thing I noticed when they were shopping: Marcus checked out at $740 + and cooked for 8 people. Wow! That's some expensive groceries!

Yeah, but the budget was $1500. I guess when you are doing such high end food the price is fated to be enormous – good caviar alone can be several hundred dollars for a tiny jar. (My boss had dinner at a very upscale restaurant in Chicago a few weeks ago – the bill was roughly $800 for four people and that didn’t include any alcohol!!! Yikes!).

All in all, I thought it was a very satisfying finale. I really would have been ok with any of them winning. And I agree, hearing about how they got to where they are is very interesting. But once again, watching this show makes me sad about what I have to eat everyday! Sigh, salad again…

Fooner cracked my code

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •