The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 3 missed the boat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Beauty and the Geek Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-07, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 3 missed the boat"
This is definitely the most disappointing installment in this series and I place most of the blame on CeeCee. The clickiness of the girls and all their time patting themselves on the back (and stabbing others) got the shwo totally off the track of self-inprovement and introspection. I don't see these characters growing as much, I see no great change or revelation. Most of the people just don't seem to be there to learn anything.

Even the nerds have been somewhat disappointing. Niels has no interest in growing, he's obviously already got all the answers. Nate is a great guy, but I am guessing that he didn't really need this show - he was a pretty confident social guy to begin with.

At the end of the day though, I think my personal disappointment falls squarely on the shoulders of the girls who seemed to view this as a social outing to the 'lame' shelter. They never got past (for the most part) their sense of superiority or entitlement. Just goes to show you how HUGELY important casting is to a show like this. Dumb and pretty does not a good character make.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - President J. Adams

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 3 missed the boat Loree 02-05-07 1
   RE: Season 3 missed the boat JoeGazillionaire 02-06-07 2
       RE: Season 3 missed the boat AshLanie 02-06-07 3
           RE: Season 3 missed the boat PagongRatEater 02-06-07 4
               RE: Season 3 missed the boat JoeGazillionaire 02-07-07 5
       RE: Season 3 missed the boat MKitty 02-07-07 6
           RE: Season 3 missed the boat JoeGazillionaire 02-08-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
I keep wondering how different this season would have been if Nate and CeeCee had been the first eliminated. She would not have been there to annoy all of us. Not to mention be the queen bee of the girls. Also without Nate JennyLee would have had to find a different guy.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-06-07, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-07 AT 01:47 AM (EST)

Well, can it really be called "Beauty" and the "geek" when there aren't that many beauties in the show? I count maybe one or two at most. It should be renamed the "Vapid and the social awkward." Even if Cece had been eliminated, I think the entire casting was bad. The magic of the original was that the geeks aspired to come out of their shells of social awkwardness...and many of the beauties were beauties inside and out so it was fun to see that interaction. What's the most annoying thing about Cece is that she's like a Paris Hilton without the looks...all your left with is a huge migraine. The reason I enjoyed the first season was really the interaction between these socially awkward guys with genuinely nice girls like Mindi and Scarlet..and even Lauren who appeared sympathetic and amused with their antics. I also find the nerds kind of boring too....and none of them appeared to have grown. In fact, I think it just kind of reinforces the cliquishness and vapidness of the cliques. Oh well, at least Survivor is coming up. I've pretty much bailed on the show after Mario and Nadia got voted out.... seirously, who cares which of the 3 win the game...although I'd prefer that Cece get eliminated of the 3.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-06-07, 06:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
Agrees.

I am not even bothering with the rest of the season.

Why is it that these types of shows always get away from a winning format?

Well, with as many blondes as they cast for the show, it was a gimme from the beginning that the producers were hoping that the blondes would be there at the end.

And the so called geeks weren't really geeks in the truest form. Is one a geek if one can do the rubiks cude or has over 500 comics? They all, for the most part, did seem to be okay socially.....seem to me some were trying to act as geeks but for me they failed miserably.

Oh well, another decent show gone down for ratings etc.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-07, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
Well, nothing serious has changed in the format of the show. I think that conceptually it is still solid and I have every intent of watching this season and the next. The problem that they are having is extremely common to reality TV shows - casting.

Survivor is a great show and, if not the king, at least the father of RTV. However, you can look back at some really awful seasons - like Vecepia or Brian's wins - and the reason those seasons were bad was casting. I imagine that it is hard to tell how that is going to work out, especially on a show like this so I don't hold it against future seasons.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - President J. Adams

02-07-07, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
Same thing with the Bachelor...it was really good the first season....and has really taken a nose dive with the cheesy "catch phrases" that every bachelor and bacehelorette repeats and the corny set ups...
I think Survivor is one of the few shows that seesm to be great almost every time. I agree the Vecepia and that one where only the old tribe was left were unwatchable...but they had like 14 seasons....and each new season still seems exciting to watch...I've tivo'ed and at least watched the first few to see if its any good.
The casting direcotr should for this beauty and the geek should be fired...it was just bad all the way around, beauties, geeks, everything. Having a lot of blondes can be good...but I mean these blondes are the worst of the stereotypes.... I'm sure you can find much nicer ones in L.A. where they cast this. And as far as the geeks, i think they went out of their way to find the nerdiest looking geeks...but it would have been better just to get some interesting personality mixes in there...guys with more to them than meets the eye. Star Trek...isn't that like the most obvious stereotype...

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-07-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
"Vapid and the Socially Awkward" LOL..that made my day. Yes, that is the PERFECT title for this show. I agree and have also reiterated the point in many of the previous posts, that the women in the show, for the most part, are evil wicked wenches. Yes, a true disappointment in that there are in no way "beautie", but rather, the "beasts". At least in the Average Joe shows the women were often (well, sometimes) very kind and caring people, as well as being beautiful. I think they need to rethink their casting next time!

02-08-07, 05:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Season 3 missed the boat"
>"Vapid and the Socially Awkward"
>LOL..that made my day. Yes,
>that is the PERFECT title
>for this show. I agree
>and have also reiterated the
>point in many of the
>previous posts, that the women
>in the show, for the
>most part, are evil wicked
>wenches. Yes, a true
>disappointment in that there are
>in no way "beautie", but
>rather, the "beasts". At least
>in the Average Joe shows
>the women were often (well,
>sometimes) very kind and caring
>people, as well as being
>beautiful. I think they need
>to rethink their casting next
>time!

Probably the first time I didn't like the beauties...in seasons 1 & 2...it was usually one evil geek that I didn't like--Chuck in the first....and that mean greeting card nerd (just can't remember his name)...I guess they really flipped the script this time. Also, the previous seasons had a geek that was actually handsome underneath the nerdinesss like Wes, the dukes of hazards guy, and that first guy that was eliminated in the first show...so it was like the show could make a big difference. But, this time, it seemed like they just picked the most stereotypical of geeks, which are hard to make over.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •