The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grease: You're the One That I Want Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-07, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I am so glad I gave this show another chance. I thought tonight's show was really entertaining. Most everyone did a very good job and delivered a performance.

What did you think?

I finally blogged

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... StarryLuna 01-28-07 1
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... sharnina 01-29-07 2
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... KObrien_fan 01-29-07 3
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... Breezy 01-29-07 4
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... Loree 01-29-07 5
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... emydi 01-29-07 6
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... ulalame 02-08-07 13
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... Pretty_Kitty 01-29-07 7
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... dragonflies 01-29-07 8
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... nogwart 01-29-07 9
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... kidflash212 01-29-07 10
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... AshLanie 01-30-07 11
 RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... djandy 02-05-07 12
   RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/2... Brtndr98 02-11-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-28-07, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-07 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

Eh...It wasn't bad. I ended up tuning out for most of the second half. Two hours felt really stretched out to me, which was odd, since there were 14 contestents. I'll re-watch tomorrow on TiVo to see what I missed.

I did get a kick out of the first "Sandy" that performed (the one in the pink & black striped boots.) Did anyone besides me notice her tripping and missing a line of the song as a result. She played it off well, but I'm surprised none of the judges called her on it. If I was pumping millions of dollars into a show, I wouldn't want my lead actress stumbling around the stage.

ETA: The whole "twist" in bringing back two contestants. I liked the guy they brought back, but I didn't think the girl was that good.

Luna's Eclipses

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-29-07, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I liked both of the kids they brought back but both performances confirmed the judges first impressions for me. Both ended up singing very off key, especially the guy. And neither of them moved very well on stage.

The one that surprised me most was Max. The boy can sing! And who knew he could sell a song so well. The way he came down the stairs and then jumped down to the stage was so cool and so natural. If he does win he will have to hit that fitness club and bulk up a little.

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own."
- G.K. Chesterton 1928

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 06:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
My favorites shone for the most part in this episode, and it was nice to see how far they all have really come and really improved.

For Danny my front runner is Chad Doreck. He has a strong voice and nice moves and I think he could sell the part. Next is Derek (the John Stamos look alike), he also hit his number and made me have goosebumps. Third and coming on strong is Max, he always has had the nice voice, but last night he stepped up his strut and acting ability. The way he had his hair his ears didn't stick out as bad as normal, so I'd say he has a shot.

One Danny that I really don't like that much but I'm sure America loves, is Austin. He looks like Harry Connick Jr to me and is too pretty, IMO.

For Sandy my front runner is Ashley Spencer. She has the looks- is the spitting image of ONJ, the moves and a great range of voice. Next is Kate, she too was dynamic and her voice is excellent. As a dark horse and I can't remember her first name, is Monteleone. She needs to show me more of a sultry Sandy though, she does have the pure Sandy down. Allie is cute as a button, wore great clothes, but she will have to turn it up because the competition is stiff.

I didn't like that they brought the two back and then they both bombed and were simply awful, my ears rebelled!

I also didn't think Olivia added much as a judge. She was too nice to everyone and didn't give any real feedback. David gave good advice and I agreed with his assesments.

Overall, the show is getting better, but I agree they could have cut out alot of it and made the show 90 minutes.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I gave it another shot last night. It was very entertaining, but two hours was a little too much.

They shouldn't have brought back those two they did, they were bad.

Right now my favorite is Max (I think that's his name) he acted what he was singing and really got into it. Loved it. Don't have a favorite Sandy yet.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I think bringing back those 2 showed why they were cut in the first place. So maybe it was smart. The judges were showing the audience why they were cut. Both of them were off key and it was embarressing.

DH has already picked the very first guy and the very last girl. Which was the pick of the first judge they asked. I agreed with the judges' picks. My fave 3 guys were the ones they picked. All the other guys just didn't fit to me. And besides Ashley I have trouble telling the females apart.

I just don't like Max as Danny. I don't believe him as the leader of the gang. Yes, he can sing. But he isn't Danny.

I would like to see them sing songs from Grease instead of other songs. Just because they can sing another song well, doesn't mean they can sing the Grease songs right. I think it would be easier to judge who is right if they had them singing the songs they will have to sing if they win.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I thought that too about the songs...but I guess you'd have so many repeats it would get old pretty fast (although not for me I've been singing these songs since 1977!!)...maybe later when there are less contestants; until then you get the group nos.

I really liked Max the best. He can really act/sing/strut, etc...I understand about the look, but I think he looks better now and they can work on it. If he does get booted, they should hire him as a TBird. Did you hear the producer say that they are now hiring the other cast? I wonder if they have to tell the actors they hire to "tone it down" bc they are actually better than any of the people on the show?

The other ones I like for Danny are Chad and Austin. I know Austin is a pretty boy (did you see how he blossomed...OMH) but I think he is one of the best dancers. I really didn't like the other ones, Derek was ok. I really liked Matt...HE LOOKS THE MOST LIKE A DANNY...but OMH some of those notes.

It seemed the girls really like Chad and surprisingly, Max (I loved his little taped segment about getting fired, waking up at 1:18 pm etc.)

For Sandy..I'm really torn. Ashley A. should not have been brought back. I did like Ashley S. and I think she may win..but last night her performance was off for me and I really don't like when someone is "ordained" the winner. I actually think Laura in the yellow shorts Sandy from Minnesota was the best Sandy last nite. I sort of liked the Church Sandy too...she has a voting block doesn't she? We'll see.

Prediction for boots in 2 weeks--SuperBowl next week they are running repeats:

Ashley A. and either Matt (I wish he could sing) or the boy band singer.

Did anyone vote...I didn't I was half watching and didn't see any of the nos. What about internet..only one vote?

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-08-07, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
>>I would like to see them sing songs from Grease instead of other songs. Just because they can sing another song well, doesn't mean they can sing the Grease songs right. I think it would be easier to judge who is right if they had them singing the songs they will have to sing if they win.<<

I am sure as the contest progresses, they will do some Grease songs. As much as I love Grease, I think it would get really tiresome to have them sing the same songs week after week. As long as the general genre of music they stick with is compatible with the Grease "sound," I think it will sufficiently showcase their skill to also perform well singing in the musical.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-29-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I like the show now that the auditions are over. my enjoyment of the auditioning process was killed when AI started doing 2 freakin months of them.

anyway I dont know names yet but for Sandy I like girl #2 and girl #10 though they had the most broadway like voices I think number 10 is the church girl but Im not positive
oh and by 2 and 10 I mean their numbers after the phone number confused anyone?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I agree with the general consensus that 2 hours was too long. The whole thing seemed very 'cabaret' to me, although this is for a Broadway show, not a recording contract.

I did like Max, Derek & Chad. I've jumped off the Austin bandwagon.

Not sure about the girls.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-29-07, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-07 AT 02:42 PM (EST)

It's just too early for me to have any favorites yet, but I do know that the 2 who were brought back should not have been. Listening to them was painful, both for the sound and for my embarrassment for them. Painful.

I was a little surprised how bad Austin sounded when he hit those falsetto notes, though. Yikes! Prior to that, I thought he had it wrapped up with his looks and experience. Now, I think Danny could be any of them, just like Sandy.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-29-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
Derek is my #1 choice - sounded great, looks the part and has the most stage presence. The only other guy I can picture as Danny would be Chad. Austin was just too pretty, Max can sing but will never be Danny - his look and attitude are all wrong, The guy they brought back couldn't sing, Kevin was cute but in a contemporary boy band way not in a 50's greaser way, Jason (my pick for first eliminated) doesn't look the part and his voice was weak and I think there was another guy who made absolutely no impression whatsoever.

The Sandies (is that the proper plural?) were really non descript - only Ashley Spencer seemed anything like Sandy but her voice was not very strong. The rest of the women came across like Miss America pageant contestants not Broadway stars.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-30-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
Playing catch up here since I've never seen the movie...My friend already think i am strange since I guess the movie was a big hit back when it came out. I was in my late 20's then.

I know it took three parts, singing, dancing, and acting to make it to the final 12 (I know there are 14 but the two they brought back are thre as filler and probally will go first) so my question is this:

Will every week be just singing or will we see them daning and or acting?

To the poster who mentioned about one of the Sandy's tripping...she actually tripped twice: Once when her with her ankle and another when it looked like she slipped. And I also was suprised that the judges never mentioned that either since both times it was so obvious.

No favs yet for either Sandy and or Danny. There was actually one who didn't make it that I liked for Danny but oh well, goes to show what I know. ehehehehh

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-05-07, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-07 AT 09:22 AM (EST)

Ashley Spencer looks just like Lindsay Lohan when she was blonde. I can't seem to get past that when looking at her, so it negatively affects my opinion of her.

I like the guy who sang "Walking in Memphis", but would also like them to sing Grease songs so I can get a feel for how good they'd be in the roles.

djandy

Brtndr98 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-11-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brtndr98 Click to send private message to Brtndr98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: First Live Show Discussion 01/28/2007"
I agree with everything that KObrien_fan said. I thought Chad was the best Danny and Ashly was the best Sandy. Austin is a interesting contestant. While he looks good and obviously has more experience. He has a mediocre voice and his soft boyish looks kind of hurt him as the character of Danny. He just looks and sounds too boyish to be the leader of a tough Chicago gang.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •