The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Callie and Hahn news"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Grey's Anatomy Forum (Protected)
Original message

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-06-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Callie and Hahn news"

Apparently the ABC Suits handed down the word to show creator Shonda Rhimes to cut out Brooke Smith's lezbolicious character (One half of "Callica" - the show's first serious gay relationship) - immediately.

Dr. Erica Hahn will be appearing in her last episode this Thursday.

We'll give you a second to catch your breath before we go on with Smith's farewell interview.

Okay, just breathe. We can do this together!

Responding to the news, Smith says:

"I was very excited when they told me that Erica and Callie were going to have this relationship. And I really hoped we were going to show what happens when two women fall in love and that they were going to treat it like any heterosexual couple on TV. And so I was surprised and disappointed when they just suddenly told me that they couldn't write for my character anymore."

Talk about getting the rug pulled out from under your feet!

She adds that the decision was "surprising to everybody" and the character isn't even receiving a proper write-out. Smith says her final scene is "just me heading to my car."

Shonda Rhimes says:

"Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian. Clearly it's not an issue as we have a lesbian character on the show – Calliope Torres. Sara Ramirez is an incredible comedic and dramatic actress and we wanted to be able to play up her magic. Unfortunately, we did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke's character would sustain in the long run. The impact of the Callie/Erica relationship will be felt and played out in a story for Callie. I believe it belittles the relationship to simply replace Erica with 'another lesbian.' If you'll remember, Cristina mourned the loss of Burke for a full season."

- report is from perez

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Callie and Hahn news Glow 11-06-08 1
 RE: Callie and Hahn news mrc 11-07-08 2
   RE: Callie and Hahn news agman 12-01-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-08, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Callie and Hahn news"
Well. I agree that it's stupid to have her walk to her car and never come back. But. I also agree that there was no magic between the characters. I will not miss Dr. Erica Hahn at all. I think it's quite possible that I'm not alone there and that is the reasoning for getting rid of the actress.

"we have a lesbian character on the show – Calliope Torres."
Callie is not a lesbian though. She's bisexual. But yes, Sara Ramirez is incredible and she deserves a big storyline. I hope she gets one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-08, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Callie and Hahn news"
Good move by Rhimes. Those two charcters had NO chemistry. Hahn's character, in fact, was always awkward to me.

Now if they could only get the horny blonde doc from Private Practice to Grey's . . .

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-08, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Callie and Hahn news"

>Now if they could only get
>the horny blonde doc from
>Private Practice to Grey's .

hehehehe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •