The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor - the Greek Islands: Season Finale Part I"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-12, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor - the Greek Islands: Season Finale Part I"

Previously on Survivor... The alliance of Ian, Mike, Earl and Aras had been through so much together that doubts were growing, paranoia settling in.

Some wondered if working with Sandra, the fearless, outspoken outsider, wouldn't be a better option.

With his neck on the line, Aras won immunity by eliminating the last standing players in a Survivor version of paintball.

That win meant that other players came under discussion, namely Earl and Mike but, in the end, the tribe voted together and eliminated the ex-two time winner, Sandra.

Now 4 are left and they will face 2 immunity challenges and 3 Tribal Councils in a game that can still offer new twists. Who will be crowned Sole Survivor?

Mike? The provider who worked hard to keep the tribe happy?

Ian? The smart player who kept the ship on course?

Earl? The steady hand who communicated his ideas to the group?

Aras? The savvy player who made the moves to get him further?

All 4 are quite deserving of the title of Sole Survivor but only one will get the crown and the million...hoorays that come with it. Watch as they battle it out tonight!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Tree Mail michel 06-11-12 1
 The Challenge: michel 06-11-12 2
   RE: The Challenge: taffnic 06-12-12 8
 Homework! michel 06-11-12 3
   RE: Homework! suzzee 06-12-12 4
       RE: Homework! agman 06-12-12 5
           RE: Homework! SpotTheDiffference 06-12-12 6
               RE: Homework! suzzee 06-12-12 7
 Challenge Answers: michel 06-12-12 9
   RE: Challenge Answers: suzzee 06-12-12 10
   Challenge Results: michel 06-12-12 11
       RE: Challenge Results: SpotTheDiffference 06-13-12 17
   I won I won! jbug 06-12-12 12
 F4 Tribal Council: michel 06-12-12 13
   Mike's Answer: michel 06-12-12 14
       RE: Mike's Answer: jbug 06-12-12 15
           RE: Mike's Answer: krismiss2us 06-12-12 16
           RE: Mike's Answer: michel 06-13-12 18
               RE: Mike's Answer: jbug 06-13-12 19
                   RE: Mike's Answer: michel 06-13-12 21
                       RE: Mike's Answer: tribephyl 06-13-12 23
                           RE: Mike's Answer: michel 06-13-12 24
                               RE: Mike's Answer: tribephyl 06-13-12 25
                                   RE: Mike's Answer: suzzee 06-13-12 26
                                       RE: Mike's Answer: agman 06-13-12 28
   Earl says: michel 06-13-12 20
   Ian answers: michel 06-13-12 22
   Aras says: michel 06-13-12 27
 Scheduling Note michel 06-14-12 29
 Final 3 michel 06-14-12 30
   RE: Final 3 jbug 06-14-12 33
       RE: Final 3 michel 06-14-12 36
   RE: Final 3 jbug 06-14-12 34
   RE: Final 3 CTgirl 06-15-12 41
   RE: Final 3 suzzee 06-15-12 42
 Tree Mail michel 06-14-12 31
 Rites of Passage: michel 06-14-12 32
   RE: Rites of Passage: agman 06-14-12 38
   RE: Rites of Passage: jbug 06-14-12 39
   RE: Rites of Passage: Belle Book 06-15-12 44
 Final Immunity: A Question of Balan... michel 06-14-12 35
   RE: Final Immunity: A Question of B... krismiss2us 06-14-12 37
       RE: Final Immunity: A Question of B... agman 06-14-12 40
           RE: Final Immunity: A Question of B... jbug 06-15-12 43
               MICHEL!!!!! krismiss2us 06-15-12 45
                   RE: MICHEL!!!!! suzzee 06-15-12 46
                       suzzee krismiss2us 06-15-12 47
   Update: michel 06-16-12 48
   A Question of Balance - Solution: michel 06-16-12 49
       RE: A Question of Balance - Solutio... suzzee 06-16-12 54
 Congratulations Krismiss! michel 06-16-12 50
   RE: Congratulations Krismiss! krismiss2us 06-16-12 51
       RE: Congratulations Krismiss! agman 06-16-12 52
           RE: Congratulations Krismiss! krismiss2us 06-16-12 53
               RE: Congratulations Krismiss! agman 06-16-12 55
               RE: Congratulations Krismiss! tribephyl 06-16-12 56
   F2 decision krismiss2us 06-17-12 57
       RE: F2 decision michel 06-17-12 58
           RE: F2 decision taffnic 06-17-12 59
               RE: F2 decision agman 06-17-12 61
               RE: F2 decision Belle Book 06-17-12 65
           RE: F2 decision agman 06-17-12 60
               RE: F2 decision krismiss2us 06-17-12 62
               RE: F2 decision michel 06-17-12 63
                   RE: F2 decision agman 06-17-12 64
                       RE: F2 decision michel2 04-11-20 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-11-12, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Tree Mail"
Having just returned from Tribal Council, the 4 remaining Survivors are told to go directly to get Tree Mail:

The message reads:

Looking back, we’ve lived and learned
But now we’re wondering
Here we wait and only guess
What this next day will bring.

I will post the challenge in a few minutes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-11-12, 08:33 PM (EST)
2. "The Challenge:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-12 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

This challenge is called: Fallen Comrades.

I will be asking questions about the players in this game and about those in the real game of Survivor. The one with the most points will win immunity.

You will have until Tuesday 7:00PM to submit your PM. If we have a tie, the earliest submitted PM will win.

If you are on the jury, let me know which player you are playing for (it would be nice to get some variety in your picks but you decide)

Q1: In our game, name the Survivors in the order they were voted out of this game (Even when two players were voted out at the same TC, I eliminated one before the other.)
1 point if you get it right.

Q2: For another point: In order, name all our individual immunity winners?

Q3:In our game, which player received votes in more different Tribal Councils than anyone else?

Q4: I will post little known facts for each season that featured one of the Survivors that made the merge. Your job is to identify the season by the anecdote.
1 point if you get them all. (0.1 point per good answer)

A- After an episode aired, Burnett had to apologize to the local government for a law that had been broken by a player.

B- A player made a fake idol to trick another but then decided he/she couldn’t go through with the lie.

C- Talks of a Final 6 cross-tribal alliance collapsed because one player had trouble focusing, still dizzy from a knock on the head suffered during the merge immunity challenge.

D- The reaction from a player in this cast as he/she was voted out was often used by a popular talk show host as a go-to scene.

E- A member of this cast had once worked as firefighter in Ghana.

F- One member of this cast thought it would be a good idea to fake being dehydrated so he/she pretended to collapse during the first couple of days, hoping to get extra water from the staff.

G- The family visit was cancelled because of a coup d’état

H- The two alternates were actually added to the cast just before the start of the first episode eventhough no one had bailed out.

I- One member of this cast later married a Major league baseball player.

J- During this season, a survivor was visited by his/her sister and that sister would later “star” in another reality TV show.

Q5: What do the following Survivors have in common:
Stacey Stillman, Ramona Grey, Jeff Varner, Sarah Jones, Shii Ann Huang (in Thailand), Daniel Lue, Ryan Shoulders, Colby (in All-Stars), Rory Freeman, Sylvia Kwan, Ashley Massaro, Jean-Robert Bellande, Chet Welch, Gillian Larson, Sandy Burgin, Stacey Powell and Bill Posley.

The right answer is worth 1 point.

Q6: Would any Survivor in our game join that group? (not you as players but your aliases)(1point)

For 1 more point:
If you said yes, who?
If you said no, who came closest?

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Challenge:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-12 AT 05:15 PM (EST)

Sorry I forgot to send by pm so had to edit.

06-11-12, 08:39 PM (EST)
3. "Homework!"
I would appreciate it if each of you could send me two short messages. The first would be simply what you think your first Survivor would have said at being voted out so early in the game. They had all made the merge in their real season, some had won and now they were all eliminated before or, in Danni’s case right at, the merge. What would they say?

The second message would be what you, personally, got out of the game. Hopefully, the game gave you a small glimpse of what it would be like to play the real thing so how did it make you feel? Learn anything?
Please, keep it short or I’ll have to edit!

This, you can have until Thursday 8:00PM to send me and there are no immunities associated!

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Homework!"
This is easy, the challenge is hard.

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Homework!"
Ya think?

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-12-12, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Homework!"
I will honestly be surprised if I win this next challenge. I did it out of memory (including the trivia questions), and the first answer I checked, I got wrong.

06-12-12, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Homework!"
Homework oh no way. I'm doing this all on company time. That will teach them to give me internet access and fiber optics.

PS> didn't help, burned up the whole day and still couldn't do it.

ooooh, time to go home. LOL

06-12-12, 07:36 PM (EST)
9. "Challenge Answers:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-12 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

Q1: Name the Survivors in the order they were voted out of this game
Susie, Natalie T, Chase, Sophie, Chris, Neleh, Kelly, Natalie W, Becky, Yul, Danni, Dreamz, Kathie, Mick, Jenna, Todd, Sandra.

Note: Greg was NOT voted out.

Q2: In order, name all the individual immunity winners?
Ian, Todd, Dreamz, Mike, Greg, Ian, Todd, Ian, Earl, Aras.

Which player received votes in more different Tribal Councils than anyone else?

Mick who got votes in 6 different Tribal Council (Sandra only 4).

Q4:
A - Outback: Colby took pieces off the coral reef so, after that episode aired, Burnett had to apologize to the local government.

B - Exile Island: Austin made a fake idol to trick Danielle but then decided he couldn’t go through with the lie.
(Insider clip)

C- Pearl Island: Rupert wanted Savage to pick his 3 vs Rupert's 3 and they'd decide it at F6 but Savage couldn’t get Ryno to agree since he was too confused.
(Savage commentary on the DVD)

D China: Chicken’s “Damn!” was a favorite of Ellen Degeneres.
http://funny115.com/v2/8.htm

E Borneo: Colleen had once worked as firefighter in Ghana.
(page 126 in Burnett’s book “Survivor”)

F- Palau: Willard thought it would be a good idea to fake being dehydrated so he pretended to collapse during the first couple of days, hoping to get extra water from the staff. He only showed how weak he was to everyone else.
(Post-show interview)

G- Fiji: The family visit was cancelled because of a coup d’état.
Jeff's comments on the season

H- Samoa: Erik Cardona and Ashley Trainer, the two alternates, were actually added to the cast just before the start of the first episode eventhough no one had bailed out.

I -Amazon: Heidi Strobel married Cole Hammels
(But I had forgotten and will accept Palau because Stephenie married another Philly pitcher.)

J- Guatemala: Cindy's twin sister Mindy went on the “bus of love” or something stupid like that,

Q5 -What do the following people have in common:
Stacey Stillman, Ramona Grey, Jeff Varner, Sarah Jones, Shii Ann Huang (in Thailand), Daniel Lue, Ryan Shoulders, Colby (in All-Star), Rory Freeman, Sylvia Kwan, Ashley Massaro, Jean-Robert Bellande, Chet Welch, Gillian Larson, Sandy Burgin, and Stacey Powell, Bill Posley

They went to more than 1 Tribal Council and got votes in all of them.

Q6 -Would anyone in our game join that group? Yes, three of them.

Q7- For 1 more point:
If you said yes, who? Chase, Sophie and Kelly

06-12-12, 07:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Challenge Answers:"
E Borneo: Colleen had once worked as firefighter in Ghana.
(page 126 in Burnett’s book “Survivor”)

Aye carumba, not that his book is obscure but I should have known that you weren't just scrounging these things off the CBS site.

It makes those Survivor quizzes rated "tough" or "difficult" look like cake walks.

Well done, no not you, my brain. crispy dood.

06-12-12, 07:52 PM (EST)
11. "Challenge Results:"
I'm looking at your exams and I must say I don't see many A+!
Maximum score was 7

Kriss: You got the Samoa anecdote right so that gives you the (temporary) lead with 0.1 points!

Earl did a little better, getting 3 anecdotes right and a total of 0.3 points.

Suzzee, let's look at your exam: You had the order of immunity right and 3 anecdotes for a score of 1.3! You take the lead

Georgianna did better though with the boot order and 5 anecdotes for a total of 1.5 points. Her secret survivor now has the lead.

So that leaves Ian who messed up the boot order by counting Greg, forgot that Dreamz won immunity and, like others, thought Sandra had received votes in more TCs than anyone else.
For the anecdotes, he got 5 right. But then he got the Q5 answer so he got the point for Q6 and named only Chase as one of the 3 players that qualified so that earns him 0.3 points.

That gives Ian a total of 2.8 points and:

With that,

Ian wins immunity

I will be opening Tribal Council at about 9:00PM. That gives Ian a little more than an hour to decide if he keeps immunity or gives it to someone else.

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-13-12, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Challenge Results:"
Fluke win, but congrats anyway!

jbug 17139 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-12, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I won I won!"
Which player received votes in more different Tribal Councils than anyone else?

Mick who got votes in 6 different Tribal Council (Sandra only 4).

well, I did win something!

4th member of the Jury 2012

06-12-12, 09:45 PM (EST)
13. "F4 Tribal Council:"

Please take you seat as we welcome the members of the jury; Georgianna, Suzzee, Tribephyl, Jbug, Agman, Corvis and Sandra, voted out at the last tribal council.

As you face the jury, who do you think is your biggest opposition to win the next challenge?

Who do you think is your biggest opposition to win the jury vote?

Do you vote out the challenge threat or the jury threat, or do you vote out the person you feel least deserves to get to the end?

If the 4 remaining Survivors could please PM me their answers so that I could post them here for them.

Ian, you won immunity, I guess that big smile means you will be keeping it? I thought so.

You cannot vote for Ian, the other three are fair game. Please cast your votes before Thursday 7:00PM.

(And don't forget your homeworks!)

06-12-12, 10:12 PM (EST)
14. "Mike's Answer:"

All three of them are pretty fierce competitors. And we've all won at least one challenge...
As for jury threats, it's hard to say since I don't know what the jury members are thinking or feeling...but I'm hopeful that none of them are upset with me. I really don't think that I hurt anyone on the jury by any moves I made.

06-12-12, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
and with that?
Mick rolls on the floor laughing his a$$ off

I think the jury is more fun than the stress of being in the game still....

krismiss2us 821 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-12-12, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
what's so funny?

06-13-12, 07:31 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
The jury is here to observe.

06-13-12, 09:06 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Mike's Answer:"

Even Jeff can't stop his jury from laughing or snickering at some comments.

06-13-12, 05:59 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
true, but the comments aren't said out loud. I'd have no problems with emoticons in limited numbers.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-12, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Mike's Answer:"

06-13-12, 06:14 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
That's it!!!
Hey! Is that for me? You don't want Jeff to be like:

06-13-12, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mike's Answer:"

06-13-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Mike's Answer:"
>snort<

06-13-12, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Mike's Answer:"

06-13-12, 05:56 PM (EST)
20. "Earl says:"
It depends on what kind of challenge it is. We all have won but the challenges were different. Us 4 have been part of an alliance since the beginning and have no idea what the jury thinks about that... I won't know who to write down until I get to the voting booth...

06-13-12, 06:01 PM (EST)
22. "Ian answers:"
The challenges are really a toss-up among us. I don't think there's any one person who's stronger or weaker in the challenges. It's all a matter of whether or not the challenge caters to our individual strengths.

At the same time, I also think that everyone is a jury threat at this point. I believe that every person left in the game has at least one jury member willing to vote for them at the final tribal council, and that one vote is potentially the difference between winning or losing.

I'm really torn on the vote tonight but my vote will reflect what I think is the best end-game move for myself.

06-13-12, 07:44 PM (EST)
27. "Aras says:"
I am not sure who the jury likes best at this point so I am going to vote for the person who has been trying to get rid of me for at least 3 tribal councils.

06-14-12, 05:39 PM (EST)
29. "Scheduling Note"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-12 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

This is the schedule that I have in mind:

Tonight: Final Immunity Challenge starts and will have to end by Saturday morning.
F3 vote goes until Saturday night.
F2 players get to plead their case in 1 post by Sunday evening.
Jurors submit 1 question each by Monday evening.
F2 Players answer by Wednesday evening when the voting starts.

I will be taking FTC votes until Friday the 22nd at 8:00PM and would announce the winner after that.

There will be more details on how to preceed as we get there but this is to give you an idea of when things will happen.

For tonight, I am dealing with a situation that could delay the TC results and the next challenge but it shouldn't go later than 9:00PM.

06-14-12, 08:09 PM (EST)
30. "Final 3"
I was hoping that Spot would reconsider after he had sent me this message earlier today:

"I'm quitting, sorry. Personal reasons. Not going to be on the jury either."

Therefore, the thing to do is to consider that Ian had to be medevaced even if he had immunity.

That means that we now have our Final 3:

who was played by:

Who represented:

and:

the Survivor of:

(Interesting to note that all three were volcanoes!)

Yes, that is right, I decided to reveal the Players' identity immediately because they will soon have to compete against each other for the most important immunity of the game.

06-14-12, 08:36 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Final 3"
dang it!
Spott? You are one tough competitor! I mean from the beginning you rocked at the challenges; you know your survivor trivia and you have mad googling skills!
Sorry, you had to pull out.
I do understand (w/ my sister's recent cancer scare, I almost pulled out - but things are better for her now, thank goodness!)
Take care of yourself & pop in for the finale if you get a chance.

So Michel, you aren't going to give us the TC votes & go straight to the Final 2?

Maybe after the finale, you'll tell us who would have been voted off this week if Ian had not been evaced (please?).

06-14-12, 08:52 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Final 3"
I'm guessing you mean that I'd go straight to F3? Yes, that is what I did.

The vote was simply cancelled at Spot's request so the content of the urn was burned.

06-14-12, 08:41 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Final 3"
I forgot to say....

Congrats Final 3!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-12, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Final 3"
Sorry to see you have to leave Spot. My money was on you to win!

Looking forward to hearing your input on Survivor: The Philippines in the fall!

06-15-12, 09:47 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Final 3"
Hope all is well with you, take care and look forward to your posts on the next Survivor season. You are scary good you know?

Great job Spot!

06-14-12, 08:11 PM (EST)
31. "Tree Mail"

After they had journeyed
And their feet were sore
And they were tired…
They thought of themselves in balance.

Upon this they saw that when they were in anger
Or knew hurt or felt fear
It was because they were not understanding
And they learned; compassion
Then they were answered.

Before we get to your next challenge, you will have to go through the traditional “Rites of Passage”:

06-14-12, 08:31 PM (EST)
32. "Rites of Passage:"
As they make their way to final immunity, Aras, Earl and Mike walked passed the torches of their fallen comrades:

First we had Suzie, a finalist in Gabon:

Susie : Gabon was a damned mess. And I was still next to first. I was first out of this piece of Greek Islands cake. Gone! Caput! Fini! At the first Tribal! What an embarrassment.

Then came Natalie from Redemption Island:

Natalie T : I just couldn’t find an alliance that would work for me.

Next, we had Chase's torch:

Chase : Being from the South I thought my easy going ways would charm the ladies and seem non-threatening to the guys--besides I hoped that not being a former winner would keep a target off my back. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way.

Soon they reached Sophie's torch from South Pacific (the only season without any sort of rites of passage):

Sophie : I guess I saw the difference between being included in a solid alliance on day 1 and being in a position where no one approached me.

Next came one of my personal favorites:

Chris : It’s tough being a previous winner and known to have told a lie or two in the past.

The following Survivor was Neleh from Marquesas:

Neleh : They still didn’t want to share mints with me.

From there, the survivors walked to Kelly's torch:

Kelly : I had the first alliance ever when I talked to Richard on day one but I had none this time.

And then we had the winner from Samoa:

Natalie W : My word! I'm happy to have made it as far as I did in this game…I had won once before, so it's really not surprising that they voted me out. I wish I could've stayed longer, but it's a game, right? It's all good.

Soon we saw them approach Becky's torch:

Becky : I came into the game wanting to prove that I'm more than just the girl who can't make fire, and I think I did. I strategized, I tried to work hard at camp, but ultimately, we were just outmatched by the other tribe.

Then came her big brother who was eliminated in the same tribal council:

Yul : It’s harder to play without a hidden immunity idol.

They then proceeded to the players that had made the merge, starting with another winner:

Danni : I worked so hard to get far but I just didn't make enough of an alliance early on to carry me through. They probably thought I was a too big of a threat to keep. Oh well."

Finally, they got to our own players. First came Georgianna:

Georgianna (Dreamz): The game made me feel ... Wowed, weary and wiser.

Next we had Suzzee:

Suzzee(Kathie): What an eye-opener! This was a terrific game and I am very glad I signed up. I was surprised that mistrust within the Greek Island Association came so soon after forming. I knew there would be sub alliances within eventually. I probably would play something like this again but I would try another type of strategy.

Tribephyl(Greg), Jbug(Mick) and Agman(Jenna) haven't left me their thoughts yet but can always do so in answer to this post:

So, next we have:

Corvis(Todd): I had a lot of fun playing the game and strategizing, making alliances and tricking other people. I think I could have made it to F3 with Spot and Kris, but with the twist in this game, I didn't stand a chance.

Belle Book(Sandra) is another one that didn't leave thoughts. There's still time.

Finally, we had Spot who could very well have won this game.

We have now reached the Final immunity which I will post shortly.

06-14-12, 10:03 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Rites of Passage:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-12 AT 10:17 PM (EST)

Michel, I think you really brought a flavor of the real game to the boards! Tons of twists and turns and even some strong emotions....*whistles and looks in the other direction * I'm not sure I'll play next time because I'm not proud of some of my behaviors, but I will definitely be a fan and watch!

06-14-12, 10:28 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Rites of Passage:"
Jbug/Mick:
You really wanted me to say something?
& I thought I said too much before so I was cut off.

I made some early alliances, but I didn't know that everyone else was making alliances too.
silly little ole bug me.

The challenges were tough; especially the real survivor trivia stuff! I shoulda stayed in the Hamster House!

~~~runs off to find my HH crown~~~~

ooh! here it is!

Showin off my win! Thanks Cahaya-wonderful game!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-15-12, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Rites of Passage:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-12 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

Belle Book (Sandra):

Once I was alerted to possible danger by Greg, I knew I had to scramble! I played the "anyone as long as it wasn't me" game very well -- a little too well, as things turned out! But at least I gave it my all, and I can't ask for anything more.

06-14-12, 08:45 PM (EST)
35. "Final Immunity: A Question of Balance"
This challenge is reserved to the Final 3 players. I ask the jury not to post anything here or to send help to the players via PM.
I also ask the players not to use the internet to help find the answer. You wanted to play Survivor which means no ressources! I’m not sure the answer is even posted somewhere but it very well could be so please, play fair.

So often, the Final 3 IC winner faces the toughest decision of the season so I decided it would be a good thing to do it like they do it on the show: The F3 IC winner will be the only one to vote, deciding whom he will face in front of the jury.

This is what you will be using for the challenge:

You will also receive 12 coins (I seriously suggest you use real coins to keep track of your tries)

11 of those coins have the exact same weight.

1 is different.

Your job is to find a way that would always reveal that different coin in no more than 3 weighings on that tip-scale. You will have to account for all possibilities.

Your answer will therefore be in the form:
1st weighing: You put so many coins on one side and that same number on the other: What happens?
What do you do next depending on one of the possibilities of the 1 st weighing.
What do you do next depending on the other possibilities.

I will allow each player to send me 3 PMs. I will answer your first two attempts, telling you where you went wrong if you did. That will not only give you an idea of what form your final answer should have but it could also give you hints on how to proceed.

If no one solves the puzzle by Saturday at noon, I will have to determine who came closest.
(See, I’m hoping this will be the toughest challenge yet!)

06-14-12, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Final Immunity: A Question of Balance"
congrats taffnic and ctgirl! Spot, i'm so sorry to see you go. Hope you can make it back for either FTC or the reunion show

06-14-12, 11:37 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Final Immunity: A Question of Balance"
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there won't be a guy winner this time!

06-15-12, 12:32 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Final Immunity: A Question of Balance"
you mean to tell me Kriss is not a guy?

nor Taffnic?

nor CTgirl? oh wait, I guess that one I knew.

jk

06-15-12, 01:10 PM (EST)
45. "MICHEL!!!!!"
I JUST SENT MY THIRD ATTEMPT BUT MAY HAVE EXITED TOO SOON...CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU GOT IT?

06-15-12, 01:37 PM (EST)
46. "RE: MICHEL!!!!!"
what?! hey! I'm trying to catch a nap here.........

06-15-12, 02:27 PM (EST)
47. "suzzee"
so very sorry...didnt mean to wake you. lullaby and goodnight, mmmmm hmmm mmmmm

06-16-12, 08:44 AM (EST)
48. "Update:"
I wanted to let everyone know that I won't be able to post until around 6:00PM today so that leaves you until then to submit your answer to the challenge.

I don't know if that will give time to the winner to submit his vote to eliminate someone by tonight but hopefully we can get back on schedule.

06-16-12, 06:10 PM (EST)
49. "A Question of Balance - Solution:"
LAST EDITED ON 06-16-12 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

Weighing #1: Put 4 on each side: 2 possible outcomes
1) They are balanced => The different coin is in the 4 left out while those 8 used can be seen as standards

A) Weighing #2: Put 2 of those coins originally left out on one side, put one on the other and add one of the “standards”: We now have 2 possibilities;

i- They are balanced => The different coin is the one that had been left out once more. Weighing #3: Put it on one side and put a standard on the other and you will be able to tell me whether the different coin is lighter or heavier.

ii- They are unbalanced => Weighing #3: Take the two unkown coins that had been on the same side and split them into their own side: We have now 4 possibilities:
a- If the two coins had been on the heavy side but are now balanced then the unkown coin that was left out is lighter than all the others.
b- If the two had been on the heavy side and are now unbalanced then the one that is on the heavy side is heavier than all the others
c- If the two coins had been on the light side but are now balanced then the unkown coin that was left out is heavier than all the others.
d- If the two had been on the light side and are now unbalanced then the one that is on the light side is lighter than all the others

2) They aren’t balanced (Here is the tricky part! There are different ways to go about it but the trick is the divide those 8 coins into a 3-3-2 arrangement)

B) Weighing #2: Put 2 from the heavy side and transfer one possibly light coin on one platter. Transfer the 3rd coin from the heavy side and put in on the other platter with one of the 3 remaining from the light side and add a standard (any of the 4 coins that had been left out in the 1st weighing).
This leaves 2 coins from the light side and 1 from the heavy side off the scale.

i- The scale is now balanced => The different coin is among the three left out of weighing #2. Weighing #3: Split the 2 light coins on the scale - If they are balanced then the coin left out is heavier than all the rest. –If they are unbalanced then the one that is on the light side is the different coin and is lighter than all the rest.

ii- The scale is now unbalanced BUT it is heavier on the side where we have 1 heavy, one light and 1 standard. That means that the different coin is either that possibly heavy one or the light one that had been put on the other side. Weighing #3: Weigh the coin that is possibly heavy against a standard: If they are balanced then, the coin left out was lighter than all the rest but if they are unbalanced then the coin that was on the heavy side is indeed heavier than all the rest.

iii- The scale is unbalanced BUT it is heavier on the side where the two heavy coins had been left. We have only 1 weighing left and the different coin is either one of those two heavy coins or the light one that had been left on its original side. Weighing #3: Compare the two heavy coins: If they are balanced then the coin we thought was light is indeed the different one. If they are unbalanced then the one that is on the heavy side is the different one.

After receiving different entries the one that contained the solution although not quite complete belonged to...

Mike! Mike wins immunity!

06-16-12, 09:17 PM (EST)
54. "RE: A Question of Balance - Solution:"
Wait. What? Glad I went out on the lake. I'd have been out of my mind with this one. Congrats Kris, you da woman.

06-16-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
50. "Congratulations Krismiss!"
By winning the F3 immunity challenge Mike has given you the obligation to make the toughest decision yet: Deciding who will face you in front of the jury.

You can post your decision here and you can do so immediately or after talking to the other two finalist. I ask that you do NOT to talk to members of the jury however.

Once Kris' decision is known, the eliminated player will be asked to leave their brief final words. Others can also say goodbye in answer to that post.

I will be opening a Jury thread shortly where the procedure for the final vote will be explained.

06-16-12, 06:27 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Congratulations Krismiss!"
AWESOME!!! Ctgirl and Taffnic - I sent you a msg on FB. Please let me know.

06-16-12, 08:09 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Congratulations Krismiss!"
Kris, are you ready to tell us which of those two(CT or Taffnic) you are taking with you to the final?

06-16-12, 09:15 PM (EST)
53. "RE: Congratulations Krismiss!"
They are involved in a very serious game of rock, paper, scissors. Winner goes to F2. As soon as the last play is made, I'll let everyone know

06-16-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Congratulations Krismiss!"
I'll look forward to finding out who wins. Congrats on making it to the final!

06-16-12, 10:29 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Congratulations Krismiss!"
amazing job, kris!
Good luck, girls!

06-17-12, 10:49 AM (EST)
57. "F2 decision"
I decided the fairest way to do this was to have them play rock, paper, scissors and winner goes to F2. CTgirl picked rock and Taffnic picked scissors.

So I will eliminate Taffnic/Earl.

06-17-12, 11:53 AM (EST)
58. "RE: F2 decision"
Kris: Thank you for your vote.

Taffnic, I am sorry to see you go, you played a very nice game. You can leave your final words here.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-12, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: F2 decision"
I enjoyed playing the game. And good luck to both of you...now I can go relax.

06-17-12, 02:17 PM (EST)
61. "RE: F2 decision"
Taffnic, you did a great job, and welcome to the jury!!!!!

Belle Book 3613 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-12, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: F2 decision"
Welcome to the jury, Taffnic. I'm sorry to see you go, but at least you outlasted me.

06-17-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
60. "RE: F2 decision"
MIchel, do you have any idea when you are going to be giving the jury its instructions for the final vote? I read your earlier post, but I'm wondering if the time frame has changed. Thanks.

06-17-12, 02:38 PM (EST)
62. "RE: F2 decision"
Taffnic thanks for being a great player and for all your help this season. Looking forward to more games in the future with you!

06-17-12, 03:02 PM (EST)
63. "RE: F2 decision"
As it stands right now, we are waiting for CTGirl's opening statement but she told me her schedule won't allow her to make one today. Real life does take precedent.

Hopefully she can make her statement tomorrow and the jury can start asking their questions. If, by tomorrow 6:00PM, she hasn't made an opening comment, I will let you know and we will move forward from there.

The actual vote should start either Wednesday or Thursday. If that causes problems to anyone, I suggest you PM me either your jury question now or your vote by Wednesday evening.

06-17-12, 03:39 PM (EST)
64. "RE: F2 decision"
Okay, Thanks Michel, you answered all my questions!

michel2 3709 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-20, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: F2 decision"
bump

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •