The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-03-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
a predictable episode, but oh, the fodder for laughter....

1. Lex accepting the thanks of the hospital staff--"You are so welcome, blah, blah, blah". Um, hello, what exactly did you do to help these people? You solved a word hunt. You drove the car that someone gave you filled with things you didn't pay for. Get over yourself, Father Africa.

2. MamaKim doddering up that ladder and scooting over the net...I snorted, I laughed, I guffawed. The only thing sadder was that Teresa was behind her.....good grief. How sad to lose to UberGranny.

3. Tom's feet. If they stink that bad, imagine how bad his crack smells.....ugh.

4. MamaKim bathing in elephant dung-water. Ick, shudder, blech.

5. Frank's skirt. He threw a big ol' screw-you to everyone who has bashed him for being some sort of he-man macho, homophobe. I did a triple take--can you imagine what the players were thinking. I would have given ten dollars to read Tom's mind at that point.

6. Lex's inane back-peddling on the walk of shame comment. Hell, fess up, admit what you meant and take it like a man. If you are going to bash them, do it to their face. (1,000 kcik-ass points to Kelly for that shirt.)

7. Lex's comment about Tom--"I don't think I can beat him in the end."......gee, go ahead and tell Granny that she is next. Can you not even pretend to be humble????

8. Every third word out of Ethan's mouth. He is suffering from the Silas Syndrome. Shut up already. Let the viewers ogle you and imagine words of wisdom flowing from your mouth. Do not speak. You ruin the visual--what is left of it.

Kim

If it's a mental challenge, we're screwed...
Big Tom on his partnership with Lil' Kim

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away... dabo 01-04-02 1
   RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away... heymikey 01-04-02 6
       RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away... lionsroar 01-04-02 7
       RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away... anotherkim 01-06-02 9
 RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away... Swami 01-04-02 2
   Walk of Shame backpeddling Weems 01-04-02 3
 In defense of Lex Lunatic FesterFan1 01-04-02 4
   RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic shanana banana 01-04-02 5
   RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic, but ... Swami 01-04-02 8
   RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic anotherkim 01-06-02 10
       RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic FesterFan1 01-06-02 11
           RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic anotherkim 01-06-02 12
 Frank the Drag Queen Naked 01-06-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 09:34 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
>1. Lex accepting the thanks of
>the hospital staff--"You are so
>welcome, blah, blah, blah". Um,
>hello, what exactly did you
>do to help these people?
>You solved a word hunt.
>You drove the car that
>someone gave you filled with
>things you didn't pay for.
>Get over yourself, Father Africa.
Geez, no kidding! Lex had nothing to do with the goods, he only won the chance to deliver them. You really have to picture the scene with the TV cameras all over the place while the hospital staff waited to see who would show up to get how truly surreal it must have been. And what was Jiffy thinking letting that egomaniac get behind the wheel! Why don't we get to see the scene where they were pulled over and Lex couldn't produce his drivers license?

>5. Frank's skirt. He threw a
>big ol' screw-you to everyone
>who has bashed him for
>being some sort of he-man
>macho, homophobe. I did a
>triple take--can you imagine what
>the players were thinking. I
>would have given ten dollars
>to read Tom's mind at
>that point.
Actually, that was priceless! One of the most memorable moments in the whole series.
>
SMILES ARE FREE

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-04-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
>>>>> Frank's skirt. He threw a big ol' screw-you to everyone who has bashed him for being some sort of he-man macho, homophobe

It's not a skirt and wearing a sarong does not convey that you are not a homophobe. It just shows that Frank understands other peoples' cultures (unlike some people in this board -- you people should travel more) and is willing to embrace it.

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
>It's not a skirt and wearing
>a sarong does not convey
>that you are not a
>homophobe. It just shows
>that Frank understands other peoples'
>cultures (unlike some people in
>this board -- you people
>should travel more) and is
>willing to embrace it.

heymikey, we know. Just having a bit of fun since we did it with Brandon. No insult intended...Frank is that you???

01-06-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
good grief--lighten up--it is a basher board.

I am perfectly aware that it isn't a skirt, thank you. It isn't like I said he was in drag, for God's sake.

Since the beginning of the game, people on this board have ranted about how narrow minded and homophobic Frank must be for all sorts of reasons. I am not in the mood to debate that....but I have never bought into that arguement. Find me ONE person on this board who would have predicted that Frank would wear that outfit prior to this episode. That was what my comment was about.

Brandon's "skirt" caused a huge commotion, the gay cracks flew left and right. I thought it was priceless that Frank showed that he isn't the so-called poster boy for macho jackasses that he has been painted to be.

Kim

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Bash away, bash away, bash away all...................m"
MamaKim bathes in diluted elephant dung, but the smell of Tom's feet is what really gags everyone. His feet must really, really smell!

Of course, this is also a metaphor cleverly inserted by MB to show that MK stinks at everything she does in this game, and gets away with it! Even after she bathes in sh!t, she still don't smell!!!!

Swami

Weems 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
3. "Walk of Shame backpeddling"
Lex was doing more double talk than OJ on the witness stand.

"The walk of shame is really the highest compliment anyone could ever have said about them. It's an honor to do the walk of shame with dignity. We all know what an honor it is. I can hardly wait until get the honor of the walk of shame. It will be the proudest moment of my life."

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
4. "In defense of Lex Lunatic"
>1. Lex accepting the thanks of
>the hospital staff--"You are so
>welcome, blah, blah, blah". Um,
>hello, what exactly did you
>do to help these people?
>You solved a word hunt.
>You drove the car that
>someone gave you filled with
>things you didn't pay for.
>Get over yourself, Father Africa.
What’s the guy supposed to say? “I’m just the guy that drove the truck”? If someone says “thank you”, the appropriate response in our culture is “you’re welcome”. Sure, he laid it on a little thick, but what would your tone be if you were doing something so obviously moving. I’m as cynical as they come, but if I were in his position I would have been moved as well. Besides, he was an ambassador for those who actually paid the bill for those supplies, so it was completely appropriate for him to have been as gushing as he was. Why don’t we attack Jeff while we’re at it. You don’t think he paid for those with his phony Visa, do you? Even if it were an actual card, it would have been maxed out by Tom’s bar tab.

I think there are a lot of opportunities to take shots at Lex. Hell, I’ve taken my share at the guy. But this is misdirected, IMO.

Regarding the “walk of shame” comment and the “Shameless” shirt, I’m quite sure that he was not the first to use the expression in Africa. It was poorly timed and gave Kelly (who obviously hates Lex with every ounce of her being) more grist for her bitterness mill (can we say “poor loser”?), but to suggest that it was a “shocking” comment is ludicrous. And I don’t think the words he used in his defense were a cop out. I think what he said was true. They all used the phrase, it’s a phrase to be taken with humor, not to be taken literally, and it wasn’t directed at the jury. It hardly matters anyway, because he didn’t stand much of a chance with that jury even before he said it.

On the other hand, I think the “Shameless” shirt is completely appropriate for Kelly, but not for the reason she wore it. She has been shameless in the manner that she has attacked Lex, and in her contempt and bitterness in defeat. You know what Kelly? Lex didn’t vote you off all by himself. If I remember correctly the vote was 5-4. If you had that many supporters, you’d still be there and Lex would have long since taken that “walk of shame”. Guess you weren’t as well loved as you thought. And if Lex makes the final 2, I can’t wait to hear your Soozin-esque rant. It should make hers sound like the “I Have a Dream” speech. Face it Kelly, Lex’s gut was wrong about who voted for him, but not about your character. My guess is that 15 years from now, you’ll look back on the way you conducted yourself and be embarrassed. Perhaps a certain amount of humility would do you some good. But then again, I guess you know best. After all, you were the “smartest” Survivor, weren’t you?

Fester

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-04-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
5. "RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic"
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-02 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

I have to agree with you, Fester, about Kelly. I think every TC she is coming off more and more like a spiteful bitter loser and it's really getting on my nerves. The "shameless" tee could have been worn with a smile, a fun little dig, but she's turning every TC camera opportunity in a non verbal byotch fest. And although I thought Lex's comment last week about "walk of shame" was terribly ill-timed and inappropriate, never for a minute did I think that he all of a sudden coined the phrase or that it hadn't been discussed in a joking manner beforehand in camp. Give me a break.

Kelly is the new Soo.

shanana banana

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic, but not of Kelly!"
I agree Fester, Lex behaved quite well as an 'ambassador'. He was polite, engaged & appropriate in every context that we saw.

And Kelly is too immature to recognize how immature she is. I thought the editorial on her shirt applied mostly to her own behaviour. Excuse me, didn't she run around trying to make some kind of alliance with everyone, including passing jackals? Give me a break, Kelly, you are not a princess and your win was not ordained.

Swami

01-06-02, 01:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-02 AT 01:08 AM (EST)

Why I am suddenly having to defend bashing on the bashing board is beyond me, but here goes....

I found Lex's comments bashable me as much or more than anything else during the whole exchange--I just can't for the life of me remember what they were at this point.

>Why don’t we attack Jeff
>while we’re at it.
>You don’t think he paid
>for those with his phony
>Visa, do you? Even
>if it were an actual
>card, it would have been
>maxed out by Tom’s bar
>tab.

That was beaten to death last week if memory serves me correctly--down to the number on the card.

>
>I think there are a lot
>of opportunities to take shots
>at Lex.
Hell, I’ve
>taken my share at the
>guy. But this is
>misdirected, IMO.

And you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I am also entitled to bash in jest.

but to
>suggest that it was a
>“shocking” comment is ludicrous.

I don't see where that was suggested--am I missing something? I didn't think it was shocking the least--I think it was stupid.

>And I don’t think the
>words he used in his
>defense were a cop out. I think what he
>said was true. They
>all used the phrase, it’s
>a phrase to be taken
>with humor, not to be
>taken literally, and it wasn’t
>directed at the jury.

We must have watched different Lexes in that show--he had the deer in the headlights look as he tried to explain himself. It isn't any secret that no one wants to take that walk. it was his obvious attempt to soothe the ruffled feathers that I found so amusing. Kelly got to him with the shirt. Big time.

b]Kim

**edited to decide how to pluralize Lex

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-02, 02:22 AM (EST)
11. "RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic"
Kim,
Please accept my apology. You're absolutely right. You shouldn't have to defend yourself on this board. I'm sorry that I put you in that position. My intention was to express a different viewpoint, but in retrospect it does read a lot like a personal attack. Please believe me that that was not my goal.

I was out of line, and I'm sorry about it.

Friends? ***extends olive branch***

Red-Faced Fester

01-06-02, 02:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: In defense of Lex Lunatic"
Think nothing of it-----I am having some Lexish moments these days .

and watch out, at this point, I'd eat that olive branch....insomnia and the munchies....I need a drink.

Kim

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-06-02, 05:31 AM (EST)
13. "Frank the Drag Queen"
Frank in a sarong put things in perspective. This is kind of reminding me of the ending of American Beauty. WATCH OUT BRANDON !!! KEEP LOOKING BEHIND YOU !!!

Naked

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •