The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

LifePartner80 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-01, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Was anyone else totally put off by that deer antler thing? I think that might have been the weirdest thing I've ever seen. If I had been there watching that, I know I would've stared for a while with my mouth open then start laughing. ...And we thought Linda was insane!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Dakota 11-29-01 1
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! George Tirebiter 11-29-01 2
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Bobbystareyes 11-30-01 3
   RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Drive My Car 11-30-01 5
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! dabo 11-30-01 4
 Could someone recap the antler thin... anotherkim 11-30-01 6
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! harpbug 11-30-01 7
   RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! shanana banana 11-30-01 9
       RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Poindexter 11-30-01 10
           RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! PepeLePew13 11-30-01 12
           RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! shanana banana 11-30-01 13
               RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Loree 12-01-01 19
   RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! SkyRaider 12-01-01 16
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Afreaqua 11-30-01 8
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! PepeLePew13 11-30-01 11
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Survivorchick 11-30-01 14
 I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTLERS!... katttywoman 12-01-01 15
   RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTL... SkyRaider 12-01-01 17
   RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTL... Loogaro 12-01-01 18
       RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTL... aymelek 12-02-01 21
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! HeronNoire 12-02-01 20
   RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Dakota 12-03-01 22
       RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! bluejackethockey 12-03-01 23
 RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! ItzLisa 12-05-01 24
   RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD! Dakota 12-06-01 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-01, 11:54 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
This was supposed to inspire and lead the troops to victory. If only the Northern Alliance had know this trick years ago. Perhaps it's a reminder to him about how powerful and victorious he felt the last time he killed something.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-29-01, 11:55 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
I've seen worse. Struck me as the same mentality six year-old boys have when they play with GI Joes or Tonka trucks. . . Sad? Yes, but probably just a typical male thing. Look at athletes before the big game--football players banging on each other's shoulder pads and stuff. Clarence was equally bad, with his Mary Kay makeovers--and I LOVED hearing them rag on him for it, because I've been trying to figure THAT out for weeks now!

GT

Bobbystareyes 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-30-01, 01:24 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
I kept waiting to see which hand would win. "Ouch, you ba$stard, Lefty is going to teach you a lesson!"

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 10:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"

>>I kept waiting to see which hand would win. "Ouch, you ba$stard, Lefty is going to teach you a lesson!"

OMG! LMAO!!!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 09:49 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
At least we now know what those antlers were for. That juvenile ritual would have been hysterical on its own had it just been for his own competative supersticion, but foisting it off as rallying the team, I could not believe my ears! And on top of that attacking the team flagpole as part of the ritual, wickedly weird! Maybe Frank is secretly Wicca and knows the mojo of the buck?

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 10:06 AM (EST)
6. "Could someone recap the antler thing for me, PLEASE??"
I missed the first bit of the show and now I feel woefully inadequate to further discuss Frank .

Kim

harpbug 24 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 11:01 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
It was definitely unsettling to see such a outright display of pyschotically antisocial behavior. Symbolically attacking the team flagpole with his male weapons before going into battle. Hmmm... What a way to show how pissed off he was at members of his own tribe. Is there a war going on inside of this guy or what? Maybe he was just sharpening them up so that he could stab Brandon in his sleep.
"I saw the way you was looking at me at the campfire last night!"

I thought that the whole tail wagging episode with the elephant was very strange and incredibly schizoid, but the antler bit takes the cake.
He did do a great job at marching the troops around blindfolded, though. You have to give him credit for being a good drill instructor. He was really in his element there. Most of the time he seems ill at ease around other people. A real case for the psychology manuals. I wonder if he's ever been in therapy. Probably not. He'd chase the doctor around the desk with his antlers.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
>>>>>A real case for the psychology manuals. I wonder if he's ever been in therapy. Probably not. He'd chase the doctor around
the desk with his antlers. >>>>>
========================
LOL, harpbug!

Frank definitely is the nuttiest person to ever play Survivor. Sometimes his little weird moments are endearingly funny and other times just totally strange and bizzare, like mimicking the elephant and this battle of wills with the deer antlers. It reminded me of the movie The Evil Dead where Bruce Campbell's one hand is taken over by the evil spirits and his *good* hand has to keep the bad one from strangling or stabbing himself. LOL

BTW, wasn't it funny that Brandi first called them deer antennae?! Hee.

shanana banana

Poindexter 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 01:14 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
>Frank definitely is the nuttiest person
>to ever play Survivor.
>
What?!! Frank is stranger than Greg from Survivor I?
Are you forgetting Greg's "Nature Phone"? Or how about those bizarre, not-so-thinly veiled incestuous tapes to and from his sister?! Or his solo nocturnal visits to the jungle? Nobody said he was anti-social, and he's done WAY more bizarre things than Frank ever did.

And how about Linda from this show? The whole Mother Africa loves you/Didn't your Mama ever teach you to hug/Thank YOOOUUUUUUU routine?!!

Frank gets a bum rap because he relates more to objects, military regimen, order, and discipline than he does to people. I think he has shown some warm, almost tender moments to his fellow game players. And besides, when stress, fatigue, boredom, and hunger get to the man, what's wrong with venting with a couple of silly deer horns?!!

Would you rather him beat the crap out of Brandon?!!

I'm sure he's wanted to . . .

Let's give Frank I break--I've been in his corner since Day 1.

Poins

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 02:05 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Hey... is that you, Frank? *waving*

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
>>>>>What?!! Frank is stranger than Greg from Survivor I? Are you forgetting Greg's "Nature Phone"? Or how about those bizarre, not-so-thinly veiled incestuous tapes to and from his sister?! Or his solo nocturnal visits to the jungle? Nobody said he was anti-social, and he's done WAY more bizarre things than Frank ever did.
=====================
The difference between Frank and Greg is like the size of the Grand Canyon. Greg was trying to be funny/strange with the stuff he did (and I often thought he was) while Frank is deadly serious with all the strange stuff he does, which makes it all the more bizzare. Hey, I don't hate Frank -- I said I found some of his stuff endearing. But he's definitely a weird dude, and not in a "I'm trying to be funny ha-ha" weird way.

>>>>>>And how about Linda from this show? The whole Mother Africa loves you/Didn't your Mama ever teach you to hug/Thank>YOOOUUUUUUU routine?!!
======================
Oh, yeah -- Linda is a total kook. No doubt about it. Just because I said Frank is weird doesn't mean nobody else on this show is. As a matter of fact, I think most of the people on the Samburu tribe are either very strange and/or annoying. I think MB wanted to put all the kooks together in one tribe to stir up some good old-fashioned trouble. He obviously tried to go for the Rich/Rudy friction (that never materialized) by sticking Brandon in the same tribe as Frank.

>>>>>Frank gets a bum rap because he relates more to objects, military regimen, order, and discipline than he does to people.
========================
And that's.......normal?????

>>>>> I think he has shown some warm, almost tender moments to his fellow game players.
===================
I agree. And those were what I called his endearing moments. But he's still a weird guy.

shanana banana

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 10:25 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
>>I think most of the people on the Samburu tribe are either very strange and/or annoying. I think MB wanted to put all the kooks together in one tribe to stir up some good old-fashioned trouble.

So that is the reason Diane kept saying she felt like she should have been on the Samburu tribe. Because she was definitely strange.

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-01-01, 06:58 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
< He did do a great job at marching the troops around blindfolded, though. You have to give him credit for being a good drill instructor. He was really in his element there.>

Not really. The command for ending troops marching is "HALT!" Frank used "STOP!" If he did that marching troops around, they wouldn't have known what the hell he was talking about.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
The antler thing is very very strange....especially given the seriousness with which he played with him. There was no indication that this was any type of a joke (if it were, that would be better).

So while I have defended Frank in the past, I fear that he will be sliding down on my picks list due to this bizarre revelation.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-01, 02:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
First he mimicks an elephant, and now he's mimicking a deer? Would it be a reach for him to try mimicking an actual human being?

At least he didn't bring his Barbies or G.I. Joes...

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-01, 04:07 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
I wonder what he is thinking now that he's watching this. Does he realize now how idiotic he looked? Or is he still thinking "Yeah! Rally up the team! Time to compete!" Boy Oh boy Frank <SChick shakes her head in disbelief>

Survivorchick

katttywoman 160 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
15. "I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTLERS!!!!"
I'm sorry, I really do like Frank, but the deer antler thing was just TOO weird! My mouth was hanging open the whole entire time and I was thinking "What????" I'm sorry to say it, but Lindsey's imitation of Frank and his antlers was hilarious! I have to say that that was probably the only time I have ever or will ever laugh at her (when I'm not making fun of her, that is).

Oh, and a note to Brandi-Pandi: When you were making fun of Frank's choice of a luxury item, let us not forget what you chose. CHAPSTICK!!!! Yes, that is a hardy, reliable luxury that will withstand Africa's 120+ degree temps. Great idea!!!

"I have never walked in a crowd naked."
Ethan, Episode 7

Now that is a DAMN shame!!!

GO ETHAN!!!!!

SkyRaider 1301 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-01-01, 07:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTLERS!!!!"
<Oh, and a note to Brandi-Pandi: When you were making fun of Frank's choice of a luxury item, let us not forget what you chose. CHAPSTICK!!!! Yes, that is a hardy, reliable luxury that will withstand Africa's 120+ degree temps. Great idea!!!>

And what would you have brought along to protect your lips from that sun? I'll bet that Jessie would have loved to have borrowed Brandi's Chapstick, had he been on her team when she had those horribly crusted and split chapped lips.

Loogaro 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-01-01, 09:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTLERS!!!!"
>Oh, and a note to Brandi-Pandi:
> When you were making
>fun of Frank's choice of
>a luxury item, let us
>not forget what you chose.
> CHAPSTICK!!!! Yes, that
>is a hardy, reliable luxury
>that will withstand Africa's 120+
>degree temps. Great idea!!!

Let's not to forget the most frivolous (and underused) luxury item of all, Lindsey's beach ball! Here, then are my top ten things they could have done with it:

10 - Ethan might make pro if he practiced with it
9 - Frank could have made weird motions and tried to communicate with it
8 - Linda could have hugged it
7 - Lex could have talked to it mano a mano
6 - Clarence could have threatened to eat it even if it did lay an egg
5 - Massa Tom could have picked ticks off it, then slapped it playfully. "Thes sumfine ball ass..."
4 - Silas, in desperation, could have tried to convince the rest of Bore-on that it was a bigger a$shole than him, ally against it and vote it off at TC
3 - Kimmy P and Brandi could have used it as a model for activity and achievement
2 - Probst could have paled next to its smugness

and the number one neglected use of Lindsey's beach ball...

- Hey, Americans in Africa! Take it down to the putrid water hole and party!

~~
Loogaro

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-01, 12:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I Need To Get Me Some DEER ANTLERS!!!!"
You guys need to remember the final decision for luxury items wasn't really up to the survivors. Didn't we discuss last year the fact that they gave the producers a list of ten items and the producers got to pick which one they actually take?

'Course, why someone would put deer antlers on the list in the first place and then have a self-duel with them....LOL!

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-02-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Um. Yeah, in an area surrounded by lions, I'd want to wear antlers and run around. Let's see... "imitating a prey animal" -- wise decision, Frank!

PS: I actually like Frank but that seems really dim to me.

12-03-01, 05:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Frank's imitation of the elephant didn't seem that weird to me and I am in therapy *sigh*. (I'll mention that at my next visit.) But the deer antler thing, while WAAAAY weird is just a guy's way of getting pumped for the big game. Football players, basketball players, baseball players, hockey players--a lot of them have strange rituals before going into "combat".
What's with that, guys? Is it a testoterone thing?

bluejackethockey 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-03-01, 08:07 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
nope...it ain't a guy thing

slappin linzy's ass is a guy thing

fantasizing about deer mating rituals is just plain kooky

BJH

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-01, 12:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
Know what he reminded me of? You know how crazed a cat looks when it's batting a toy around between it's paws? That's what Frank reminded me of with the antlers!

12-06-01, 07:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Wow Frank is WEIRD!"
>Know what he reminded me of?
> You know how crazed
>a cat looks when it's
>batting a toy around between
>it's paws? That's what
>Frank reminded me of with
>the antlers!

Like this?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •