The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-06, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
They call her Flicka,
Flicka, faster than lightning,
No one you see, is smarter than she,
And we know Flicka,
Lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there under, under the sea!

Um, yeah, talk about inhabitating your own fantasy world, what was that all about!

Way to sink your own ship there, Jesse! Paranoiding yourself off the island, that was really special. So, let's give it up to Jesse this week!

Two traditional contestant gufus and one traditional production gufu this time, but all the especial Flicka gufus you can think of as well! Go wild!

gufu is a longstanding tradition around here, you can look up the rules on practically most of the gufu threads if you really want to, but you aren't required to, feel free to join in however you want, we really aren't ocd at all on this thingie, but in case you're wondering it actually is about acknowledging the dangdumbest game moves in survivor each and every week, there's usually no dirth of those, it was a dark and stormy night, the rain came in torrents..."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Colonel Zoidberg 11-03-06 1
   RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 aquariaqueen 11-03-06 5
       RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Colonel Zoidberg 11-03-06 8
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Estee 11-03-06 2
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Max Headroom 11-03-06 3
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 ginger 11-03-06 4
   RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Brownroach 11-03-06 6
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Brownroach 11-03-06 7
   RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Estee 11-03-06 10
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 nailbone 11-03-06 9
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Cathy the Canadian 11-03-06 11
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 iltarion 11-04-06 12
   RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Dakota 11-05-06 13
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 Spanky68 11-05-06 14
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 newsomewayne 11-06-06 15
 RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7 jbug 11-06-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-03-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
I'll start off with some non-Flicka-related ones.

First off...Aitu's puzzle people completely blow it. Aitu's a strong tribe and is infinitely superior in every way to Raro. Even if Yul is, as I suspected, a paper tiger, Ozzy is as much of an advantage to Aitu as Rupert was to Drake. He's not quite what Tom was to Koror, but he's Bobby Jon on steroids. Way to flush his hard work down the toilet, Becky, Sundra, and...I just can't remember the third person...ugly hair, dressed in camo...keep it up and Aitu will be synonymous with La Mina.

Next up...potatoes? Carbs are good. Carbs are your friend. Carbs are also in an very accessible form in bread. Raro was onto something by picking the stuff you need for peanut butter sandwiches. Potatoes require this little thing called preparation. That requires the cooking pot, and all the fish that Ozzy catches are in there. I like potatoes as much as the next person, but take the bread. Please.

For production...what exactly was the point of the kidnapping if we didn't make Nate compete for Aitu? Rupert had to compete for Morgan (albeit for a numbers reason) so why not make Nate go against his old tribe and give him a cut of the reward if they win? They had the right idea in the last episode named for a set of islands featuring a crazy-haired Superman. This time? Not so much.

Next up...Flicka. Way to go revealing that you voted against Jonathan, you clod. I would have kept that at T-bird-style secret. I would have passed the blame onto Ozzy if I could. Or hell, of it falls onto Sundra, what's the difference? You want to talk about trust? Show some. Shii Ann said it best at the All-Stars finale. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Now shut the fvck up and go find those chickens you lost.

Oh, and your strategy...was basically "I don't trust Jonathan" ad nauseam. We get it. You don't trust Jonathan. Guess what, brain-for-brains? Jonathan's in the dominant alliance, and turning his alliance-mate against him is probably a bad idea. Or trying to, anyway...because it won't effing work. Maybe "Ozzy's too strong" ad nauseam would have worked better. Especially if you hadn't committed the previous gufu.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-03-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"

>Next up...potatoes? Carbs are good. Carbs
>are your friend. Carbs are
>also in an very accessible
>form in bread. Raro was
>onto something by picking the
>stuff you need for peanut
>butter sandwiches. Potatoes require this
>little thing called preparation. That
>requires the cooking pot, and
>all the fish that Ozzy
>catches are in there. I
>like potatoes as much as
>the next person, but take
>the bread. Please.

I would like to kindly disagree. Potatoes are more filling and will last longer. You get more bang for your buck. Potatoes don't take that much preparation, they always have water boiling. You don't have to peel them. Most of the nutrients are in the peel anyway.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-03-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
>I would like to kindly disagree.
> Potatoes are more filling
>and will last longer.
>You get more bang for
>your buck. Potatoes don't
>take that much preparation, they
>always have water boiling.
>You don't have to peel
>them. Most of the
>nutrients are in the peel
>anyway.

If they had more than one pot, I would agree; potatoes are good. However, it doesn't look like they did, and for that reason, the bread would be a better investment. No point in lengthening the amount of time and cleaning you need in order to feed a hungry tribe.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
2. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
Contestant #1: Whatever Ozzy is doing in the challenge, you do it too. Ozzy throws the club, you throw the club. Ozzy does a funny half-skip run through the water, you throw yourself at his feet and study with the master. Ozzy turns into a dolphin, you carve yourself a blowhole. No questions.

Contestant #2: Let's all talk about things where Nate can hear us! No great props for Nate, though -- his answer to everything should have been either 'No comment' or an outright lie. Possibly both.

Production: Is it safe to talk about the flying fox Crotch-Cam yet?

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
3. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
Host gufu: Jiffy, her name is not "Poverty".

Contestant gufu #1: Brad, a. k. a. Puzzleboy: Way to vote yourself off.

Contestant gufu #2: Yul, for wearing his glasses down the zipline into the water. Why?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
I thought sending Adam to Exile Isle, rather than Nate, who was brim fulla the other tribes secrets, was pretty gufoolish. Why give Nate the chance to spill the second he was returned to his tribe?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
But you have to admit that Candice's "oh no they sent my poor widdle cuddle bunny back to that awful place" expression was worth it.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 01:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
This outfit:

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
*screams from the sheer agony*

*flees thread*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
Contestant #1: Hey, Brad, it doesn't matter how good you are at puzzles if your team never gets far enough to DO the puzzle.

Contestant #2: Send Nate, who knows your secrets, to Exile Island.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
I'd second the ones mentioned, and add:

Yul: at TC, he gave a perfect explaination why Flicka should stay - she's no threat physically or strategically. She's harmless. She's like a little puppy dog that will do whatever you say. So, they VOTE HER OUT, and keep Johnathon, who is a threat physically and strategically. Go figure.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-04-06, 02:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-06 AT 02:46 AM (EST)

Gufu #1: Jessica, the Gufu Master, what was the sense of declaring to the world that you voted opposite of everyone else? Duhuh....
Gufu #2: Brad, I'm good at puzzles??? I'm good at sleeping. But I don't think that's what your team needed from you. Making Rebecca swim was like having the punter throw the football on 4th and 10. Just no sense in that, bro. Enjoy your upcoming time in LoserLodge.
Gufu #3: Yul, my man, everyone says they can't trust Jonathan and now you take their word for it? The BEST ally is someone no one can trust BUT you because eventually you hope that person votes for everyone else, but you. If Candace and Ozzy and Sundra can't trust him, sounds like he is the man you need to be aligned with. And yea, alone in the F4 with 3 women, that is RIGHT where you want to be.
Gufu #4: Jonathan and Yul. Ozzy is on top of your list because he is a THREAT? You are both able bodied men. Are you really afraid little Ozzy is going to SWEEP the challenges against you? Come on. It's time to man up. Did John Wayne ever say he wouldn't act with Yule Brenner because Yule was too much of a man for him? ELL no. Did Clint Eastwood ever say he wouldn't be in a movie with Charles Bronson because he couldn't beat him? ELL no.
Gufu #5: Rebecca. What's your bizness, girl? Do you know your bizness? You had NO bizness participating in that challenge when you apparently can't swim 30 yards and climb a ladder. Pathetic. This is Survivor, girl, not the Biggest Loser.
Gufu #6: Jessica, Gufu Master, you can't trust Jonathan? Have you ever had a thought original to your own brain? Wasn't Jonathan the one that helped you do the work around camp back when Adam and Candace and Parv sat on their collective @sses making kissy faces at one another? Wasn't Jonathan the one that explained his whole strategy to you? Wasn't Jonathan the one that beckoned you with open arms into his alliance, practically guaranteeing an F5 spot for you? But NO, you can't trust HIM. Go ahead and write his name down, and guess what? All those people you thought you could trust, they just wrote your name down.
Gufu #7: Flicka, for turning oxygen to carbon dioxide that could have been best used somewhere else.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
13. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
You broke the rules! You broke the rules! Two GUFU votes, One Production GUFU, and all the flicka you want. Oh I just hate it when guys refuse to read the instructions! Haven't you ever put furniture together?

1. Raro putting Rebecca in the water while Brad watched.

2. Ozzy not doing the "relationship" thing - as in trying to make friends and influence people. He's amazing in challenges, brings home the bacon, but he's had weeks to form some relationships and doesn't seem to be trying.

Flicka: Spouting off in front of Nate.

Production: A catalog with peanut butter, bread and potatoes? I don't know what else was in there, but you can do better. I remember a season when the food rewards were so big and frequent that castaways gained weight, and then there are seasons when the best you can do is hot dogs. Make the rewards worthwhile. Also, Jiffy asking why Nate wasn't participating in the challenge - duh.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
What the heck was Raro thinking sending Rebecca FIRST on that challenge. If you know she's your weakest swimmer, shouldn't she go 3rd? Your strongest two should go 1st and 2nd. That way they can be resting while Rebecca is floundering out there. As big a goof as it was having Brad sit out, sending Rebecca first was just as bad.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
Contestant GUFU: Raro tribe males in the immunity challenge wasting time arguing over who had the longest pole.

Okay, it didn't cost them the challenge, but I had to use that joke this week.

Rub me the right way, and I may stick around for a while.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S13 Gufu Award: Week 7"
OZZY:
"I really don't think the vote will be for me. I think it will be for ........................... somebody else". DUH??

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •