The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coby Sucks!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-05, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coby Sucks!"
Man, what a freaking whiner! And WTH was he talking about accusing Tom of lying to him and lying to the jury? Huh?

GO TOM!!! Woohoo!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coby Sucks! frisky 05-16-05 1
 RE: Coby Sucks! FesterFan1 05-16-05 2
   RE: Coby Sucks! bostonrobfan 05-16-05 3
       RE: Coby Sucks! FesterFan1 05-16-05 4
           RE: Coby Sucks! HistoryDetective 05-16-05 5
 RE: Coby Sucks! landruajm 05-16-05 6
   RE: Coby Sucks! okaychatt 05-16-05 7
 RE: Coby Sucks! Karchita 05-17-05 8
   RE: Coby Sucks! anotherkim 05-17-05 9
       RE: Coby Sucks! landruajm 05-17-05 10
           RE: Coby Sucks! Lisapooh 05-17-05 12
               RE: Coby Sucks! landruajm 05-18-05 13
 RE: Coby Sucks! fleaismycat 05-17-05 11
 RE: Coby Sucks! LibraRising 05-18-05 14
 Tom's Lies??? arturbars 05-18-05 15
   RE: Tom's Lies??? Brownroach 05-18-05 16
       RE: Tom's Lies??? mimo 05-18-05 17
       RE: Tom's Lies??? arturbars 05-18-05 18
           RE: Tom's Lies??? FesterFan1 05-18-05 19
               RE: Tom's Lies??? arturbars 05-18-05 20
                   RE: Tom's Lies??? FesterFan1 05-18-05 21
           RE: Tom's Lies??? Brownroach 05-18-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
What gets me about the lying-haters and integrity-humpers who show up to play Survivor is this:

They all lied to get there, or they wouldn't be there. They are sitting there with their effin integrity, and all the while most of their family, their neighbours, their employers, their coworkers and their friends think they're "on vacation" or "at a conference" or something.

So let me get this straight: you lie to your loved ones at home only to go away for five weeks and be honest and truthful to a bunch of strangers. WHY? You already pissed all over your integrity just to GET there!

I'm so sick of hearing "I promised myself that I would play this game with honesty and leave it with my integrity intact." It's too frickin late! You're there because you lied!!

The world is my litterbox.
If I ever got on Survivor, I would SO lie my arse off to win.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Tom's a phoguetard. Period.

Fester
Yeah, I said it.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-05, 02:23 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound good. Coby is the biggest baby I've ever seen in the game. He was just jealous of Tom because Coby imagined this would be like high school only this time HE would be the most popular. And when people liked Tom more than they liked Coby, he got his feelings hurt and acted like an idiot. Maybe people liked Tom because he didn't criticize people behind their backs. Maybe because he was a good man and was nice and supportive of people. Coby was just as backstabbing as Katie. Someone should have called him on that sh!t. And there he was still whining, "They voted me out because I was a threat!" No Coby, they voted you out to shut you up!

05-16-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Are you saying Tom didn't lie? I'm not here to defend Coby, but I fail to see how he was a "baby" for wanting to hear the truth from Tom. It wasn't about him, but about Tom being held to the same standard that he supposedly held everyone else to.

Should he have won? Sure. I wouldn't even entertain an argument to the contrary. It doesn't mean he's not a complete a-hole, though.

The only difference between Tom and A.S.S.-Lex is that Tom spent the better part of the endgame with a shark jaw around his neck. If he had lost the F4 IC, and Ian had voted him out? His jury Q&A would've made Lex's seem like a walk in the park.

Helluva player, but I can't stand his entitled ass.

Fester

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
At least the terrorists didn't win though.

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 05:34 PM (EST)

Huh? Tom not only lied every bit as much as everyone else, he had the unprincipled nerve to batter an inexperienced kid like Ian for following his lead. Tom's a piece of shite.

Perhaps a lesser piece of shite than the person he was sitting next to at TC--perhaps--but his talk about integrity is pure unmitigated bullshit. It irritates me when players won't stand up and say, "yeah, I lied, we're playing for a million bucks, fvck off."

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-16-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
<It irritates me when players won't stand up and say, "yeah, I lied, we're playing for a million bucks, fvck off."

What Landru said.

DH and I were yelling at Ian to stand up to Tom and give as good as he got. Or, as others have suggested, "Grow a pair."

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-17-05, 01:56 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Well, I liked Tom a lot, so I'm not going to get into this other than to say that whatever he did, he did it so smoothly that afterwards, people forgave him for it. Compare that to Boston Rob, whom people did not forgive. That's why, IMHO, Rob didn't win. He bullied his way to the final two, but alienated the jury in the process. He did the easy part of winning Survivor, the domination, but failed the hard part, the finesse. Tom did both.

As for Coby, yeegads, I was disappointed in him. I just don't understand how someone could be so petty. Apparently Coby thought Tom was lying when, in response to Ian's question why shouldn't you win the million bucks, he said that he shouldn't win because he has had such an amazing experience. It seems that Coby lives in such a dark, cynical world that he can't believe that someone might really mean that. Same with the things that Tom said to the visiting Paluan tribesman that Coby thought were insincere. I sure wouldn't want Coby's outlook on life. The man has issues.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 04:35 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Tom vs. Rob--the most important difference is who they are up against. Katie was hated and seen as lazy and useless. Amber had been involved in the group this time, participated in challenges and wasn't the tag-along that Katie was. If you had someone like Amber up against Tom? Someone who wasn't essentially a waste of skin sitting there, then who knows what would have happened.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Tom deserved it, no doubt, but damn, I wish Ian had outlasted him. Blech.

05-17-05, 05:57 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Precisely.

The other key differences are that Rob was aware that he was playing the manipulation game and telling untruths. Tom is so stuck on himself that he couldn't even see what a truly brutal thing he did to Ian. He's a pig.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
I think the pre-existing relationships also played into the bitterness of All Stars. They shouldn't, but people are human. It was a bad idea that they will never do again.

and honestly - Tom won 6-1 isn't that enough? Honeslty, yo'd think all of us who had a little too much St. Tom were kitten stranglers or something.

05-18-05, 08:07 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
yo'd think all of us who had a little too much St. Tom were kitten stranglers or something

Well, that's certainly the only reason I masturbate.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
I guess as I see it, it is the nature of the game to lie. If you don't lie you are often roadkill.

I think what upset me most about Ian was that he still doesn't seem to notice that Katie lied to him and was planning to get him voted off too, long before he turned on her (if in fact he ever did turn on her). Maybe it's just that I don't like Katie but I found what she did to Ian worse than what Tom did.

Having said that I think they all needed to remember its a game and it was in Ian's best interest to get rid of Tom and take Katie to the final two with him.

I rarely hold lying against Survivors. Heck, I though that Twila did nothing wrong promising on her son's life (especially since the son himself wasn't upset by it) and I thought JFP's grandmother fib was outrageous and definately made the season more interesting. If you can't realize that you are being lied to then that's a failure in your game play.

I do think that any survivor that claims to have never told a lie is probably deluding him/herself. It just sounds like sour grapes to me. It's that I often dislike about TC. I always end up respecting people who can get up there and not cry or whiny but say "you outplayed me" because ultimately whomever made the final two outplayed the people on the jury whether we or they like it.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Coby Sucks!"
Usually, whining annoys me immediately, but in Coby's case I'll give it a pass. He probably had a hell of an adolescence growing up in East Texas (ever been there? not the best place to grow up when you're gay) and I can imagine the abuse he took at school. It's going to stick with you for a long time, so it's understandable why he might be defensive. I can empathize.

Plus, he was entertaining while he was on the show and had a good attitude once he was off it.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
15. "Tom's Lies???"
I hear all of you good people arguing here over who lied more than who, and Coby being a cry baby over Tom's lies, and then some said that Tom lied as much as anyone out there...

I am just trying to remember now (please refresh my memory - i have a very short term memory) - can anyone bring up an instance when Tom outright lied to someone this season?

I am not being sarcasting here - just trying to find out if i forgot something. I thought the same exact thought during the final TC when Coby was giving his speech - i really could not remember an instance when Tom just outright lied to someone...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
For one, he lied to Gregg when he told Gregg that Caryn would be going home at the Tribal Council where Gregg got booted.

He also must have lied to Stephenie that Janu would be going home when he really intended to vote for Stephenie the night that Janu quit.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
I don't recall the exact words, but if Tom actually said to Greg that Caryn "should be going home tonight", or rather "Caryn is going home" but keeps the "just not tonight" to himself--does that that mean he technically didn't lie??? In fact, he could have used the same words to Stephenie. The funny thing I noticed about Tom is that he was very careful what he actually said. To Stephenie, he implied that he would try to fight for her but did not promise results. And to Caryn he said he would watch her back (as she left after being voted out at tribal council maybe?) So to him, he was not lying. Whereas the person on the other side of the conversation (Stephenie, Caryn, etc.) obviously got a very different impression of what he was trying to say.

I found it very interesting that Tom thought he played with integrity because he didn't lie, but, in my opinion you don't have to lie to be dishonest. If Tom had truly played with the level of honesty that he thought he did, would his former tribemates been as bitter at tribal council as they were? Frankly, I was surprised at the level of anger that people showed at the last tribal council.

I will say, I liked Tom a lot in the beginning, kind of disliked him in the middle, liked him again towards the end, and then got really disgusted over the Ian situation. I guess it's all in the editing??

05-18-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
>For one, he lied to Gregg
>when he told Gregg that
>Caryn would be going home
>at the Tribal Council where
>Gregg got booted.

You can make an argument that he lied to Gregg, but he admited to it at the final TC and apologized to Gregg. In my opinion it does not matter - Gregg was brewing a plan to turn on Tom anyway, and if Ian would not have brought it up when him, Tom and Caryn were left alone, Greg would have still be there and Tom would have been out...

>He also must have lied to
>Stephenie that Janu would be
>going home when he really
>intended to vote for Stephenie
>the night that Janu quit.
>

He did not lie to Steph. He said he would try to look out for her. He did. What else did you excpect him to do. Put his own head on the chopping block by flat out defending Steph in front of Gregg and Jen and reveal his original alliance with Steph? If anyone says yes to that - they are just plain out silly! Ian-like-silly!

05-18-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

Gregg was brewing a plan to turn on Tom anyway

His "promise" to Gregg, as was spelled out at the final TC, was that they had an F5 agreement including Tom, Gregg, Ian, Katie, and Jenn. At that point, per Tom, it was everyone for themselves. So what if Gregg was gunning for Tom at 5? Wasn't that the point of the agreement? And, more to the point, wasn't this exactly what Tom got so bent at Ian about? That is, going back on an agreement in a back-handed manner.

Gregg wanted to take out Caryn at 6 (what with her being the last of the ones outside the agreement), and Tom flat-out told Gregg that was still the plan. Then? He stabbed him in the back. Totally sandbagged him. There's really no other way to look at it.

I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with him puffing his chest out and talking about integrity afterward.

He did not lie to Steph. He said he would try to look out for her. He did.

How, exactly, did he do that? Coby sunk his own battleship, and Janu quit, when it was plainly obvious that Steph would've gone home at that point. In fact, Jeff Probst did more to save Steph than Tom did, by giving Janu an out.

He also told Steph that they're little agreement on Day 2 was still good, and that he wanted her to be F4 with him, Ian, and Katie. So, either he lied to her about that, or he lied to Gregg and Jenn about their F5 pact. Take your pick.

And then there's Caryn, whom he lied to repeatedly and strung along for at least 6 days. She was never more than a pawn to him, yet he kept saying that he wanted her to take Katie's place in their little triad.

Again, lying's part of the game, just don't play the "holier than thou" card and say you played with integrity when those around you know better.

Fester

05-18-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
Fester, I agree with you on Gregg, i just did not know Greg was waiting for the final 5 - i though that they agreed on the boat to go for Tom, and only when they retured did they change their mind to Caryn.

Steph, i disagree with you here - Tom never told her she will not be voted out. He said he would try to look out for her that's it.

>
>And then there's Caryn, whom he
>lied to repeatedly and strung
>along for at least 6
>days. She was never
>more than a pawn to
>him, yet he kept saying
>that he wanted her to
>take Katie's place in their
>little triad.
>

Caryn digged her own grave. I really think that Tom would have went all the way with Caryn over Katie after Katie turned on him. Unfortunatly his buddy Ian was not down with that and spilled the beans which caused Caryn to freak out - thus sealing her doom. I don't think i would consider that lying either.

Lying is a part of the game. And everyone does it in one way or another - it's just some do it less and in not a such an obivious way.

05-18-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

i though that they agreed on the boat to go for Tom

Nope. The way that episode unfolded was Gregg wins Reward and chooses Jenn and Katie. Ian thinks Katie's switched allegiances and suggests they take out Gregg. Why? Because at 5 he thinks they're toast. Tom agrees to this and they even go so far as to agree to pick rocks if it comes to that, anticipating 3 votes for Caryn (Katie, Gregg, Jenn) and 3 votes for Gregg (Tom, Ian, Caryn). All of this takes place while G, J, and K are on their Reward.

It wouldn't have made any sense to go for Tom at 6, even though he was an option, since Ian had Immunity. They wouldn't have had the requisite votes and would've forced a tie.

It was Tom's idea to go dark and have Caryn act it up, while the others talked about how Caryn was the one who was going home.

Regarding Tom's honesty with Steph and Caryn, we'll just have to agree to disagree on what constitutes a lie, because there's really no doubt in my mind as to whether Tom told the two of them things that weren't remotely true and held back info that very much was true. That, in my mind, is lying.

Fester

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Tom's Lies???"
He did not lie to Steph. He said he would try to look out for her. He did. What else did you excpect him to do. Put his own head on the chopping block by flat out defending Steph in front of Gregg and Jen and reveal his original alliance with Steph? If anyone says yes to that - they are just plain out silly! Ian-like-silly!

You asked for examples, I gave you examples. I didn't say he shouldn't have lied. Like Fester, I think he was (and probably still is) disingenuous about it after the fact. *Everyone* lied, himself included. He didn't play with any more integrity than anyone else.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •