The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
Smuggling food back from a meal reward is a time-honored tradition on this show, as much as we can honor anything around here. Bits of food stuffed into clothing, hidden up sleeves, kept in places better unmentioned -- we've seen it all. Until tonight, where we saw that not only did the reward foursome manage to hide food, but they managed to hide it in plastic bags.

I don't know about you, but I didn't see any plastic bags lurking around that feast table. Not even as after-dinner snacks. 'It's a native delicacy. They got used to the taste of MREs during World War II, and these days, this is as close as they can get.' The foil, they could have stolen from the serving trays -- but plastic bags? This wasn't a smuggling operation, this was just another view into the Most Pampered Tribe Ever. I'm amazed they didn't get one of those food-heating pizza bags to take it all home in. It's a wonder it didn't come complete with delivery boy and an IV so Janu could enjoy it all too.

'Next week on Survivor: budget cutbacks on the island force Korror to watch basic cable.' Poor babies...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... greenmonstah 04-22-05 1
   RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... Estee 04-22-05 2
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... mmm_link 04-22-05 3
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... arturbars 04-22-05 4
   RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... okaychatt 04-22-05 10
       RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... arturbars 04-23-05 12
           RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... okaychatt 04-24-05 14
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... aquariaqueen 04-22-05 5
   RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... ebbycalvin 04-22-05 7
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... fleaismycat 04-22-05 6
   RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... ebbycalvin 04-22-05 8
       RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... Estee 04-22-05 9
       RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... PepeLePew13 04-27-05 15
 RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... Alchemist 04-22-05 11
   RE: The Palau Catering Service stri... packrat 04-23-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
...which just makes Janu's "Emaciation Proclamation" all the more perplexing.

I heard next season they get foil shaped ducks as their doggie bags.

04-22-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
All I can figure out are two options:

1. She has one of those blast-furnace metabolisms that needs three thousand calories a day just to break even.
2. The other girls won't let her sit at the cool kids table.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-22-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
At least they didn't get coffee and a coffee grinder this time around.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-22-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
Somethign bothered me more than the ammount of food they brough back though. I was really pissed off to hear someone like Katie - who is the first survivor to be actually gaining weigh - complaining that Janu and Caryn took a bite of the food that THEY BROUGHT THEM!!! What an ungreatfully biatch!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-05, 09:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
<complaining that Janu and Caryn took a bite of the food that THEY BROUGHT THEM!!! What an ungreatfully biatch

Tom and Gregg thought it was wrong to eat anything after the feast they had just had. I agreed. Janu and Caryn showed no sensitivity to the others at all.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-05, 06:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
So, just becasue Tom and Greg thought so, then it makes it ok? NO!!! Caryn and Janu had all the right to take a bite - they did not eat the whole freaking meal they brought back - just took a small bite. Especially Janu - she could not keep any food down at the reward, so basically she did not eat anything. And anyway - Greg is a punk azz biatch too for making those mean comments about Janu while she was puking.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
<So, just becasue Tom and Greg thought so, then it makes it ok? NO!!!

Hi Arturbars.

Of course not. I just happened to agree with them.

Those four had just gorged themselves on all kinds of foods. (Ok - I'll grant you Janu, who may well be bulimic.)

Gracious decency would indicate that they hold back and allow the others the opportunity to enjoy the feast.

I suppose a bite or two would have been ok, but Caryn and Janu just seemed a bit greedy. Hopefully they held back while the others had their fill. If so, that would have been ok.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-22-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
It seemed to me that the ziploc bag was actually pretty well used, as if she used it to keep things dry in her pack. The bag even seemed ripped at the top, not brand new.

ebbycalvin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
obviously by now, Survivor knows that food gets smuggled back, and probably encourages it. (maybe not in so many words, or even ziplock bags, but in a "look the other way" approach) there certainly aren't that many places to hide that much food they brought back. And how does a survivor actually PUT ON weight?!?! (or at least, certainly not losing any) that is actually the main example of how much the show has changed.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-22-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
Basic Cable?? hehe!

Remember when Survivors suffered and had to work hard? I miss those days. Otherwise they might as well just rename it Paradise Hotel. I think it would be better to have less food challenges and more other types of rewards like blankets or pots but once you have people build they a kick butt shelter I guess there might be a fear that those types of things aren't worth fighting for.

Gosh these people, except for Tom, Ian and Gregg, seem to not be very outdoorsy.

ebbycalvin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-22-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
How about a bow and arrow for hunting, or something along those lines, instead of catered meals. Maybe far fetched, but could add some drama. Maybe in the interview process they could throw in a couple of hunters.

04-22-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
They had a Hunter once, and look what happened to him.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 00:02 AM (EST)
15. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
Good idea! We can only hope they start using the bow and arrow to shoot each other...

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Alchemist 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-05, 10:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
It was a Palauan Chief feast, I wonder if it would have been insulting to leave food and that taking it with them was dictated by custom.

But I do agree that at this rate Survivor will have to be shown on the Food Network.......

Alchemist

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Palau Catering Service strikes again!"
These Survivors have been, without doubt, the most indulged Survivors in the history of the game. The past survivors have brought back food, but never this way. Another thing, look at how LAZY they have gotten. The camp looks like pigs live there. I'd be awfully embarrased to have camp looking this way, knowing the camera's are there 24/7. I thought when they announced before Marquesas that not giving them food or water was too severe, but it turned out that it strengthened them. I think this season would've been better if they'd been given rice like the first 3 instead of all of the 'luxuries'.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •