The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-25-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-05 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

Survivor buffs, baseball caps, coffee mugs, feminine hygiene products. I haven't whipped out the credit card and pulled the trigger on a Survivor purchase, but who am I to judge?

Do you own any Survivor knick knacks, purchased via CBS, eBay or some other source?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... ginger 02-25-05 1
   RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... MrsElizabeth 02-25-05 2
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... anotherkim 02-25-05 3
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... MattyMax 02-26-05 4
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... seahorse 02-27-05 5
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... strid333 02-27-05 6
   RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... Spanky68 02-27-05 7
       RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... strid333 02-27-05 8
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... foonermints 02-27-05 9
   RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... aquariaqueen 03-03-05 10
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... Scarlett O Hara 03-04-05 11
 RE: Show me your buff and I'll show... geg6 03-04-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 03:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
Nah. But my cousin has four children under 10 and they all have buffs and attempt to look very fierce (while merely looking overwhelmingly cute) dressed in them.

MrsElizabeth 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-25-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
I bought my 10 year old son a survivor t shirt for christmas last year. It is from the Panama series. It says "The tribe has spoken" in spanish and he LOVES it. He wants a buff now, his entire room is camoflauge. We are holding out to see if perhaps the combined tribes get traditional army green camo buffs

I dont think I would ever spend the $$ on survivor stuff for myself.. but as a Christmas gift to a survivor fan who is also such a good kid $30 for a T-shirt seemed worth it somehow.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
I have the three buffs from Amazon, but I didn't buy them. They gave them away at the Finale. Those, along with my afterparty pass, are the extent of my collection. My kids love to play with them.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--the buffs they give away for free are smaller than the real ones.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-05, 09:51 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
Yeah, a few years ago I had a Survivor: Africa lighter. Standard Bic kind, green with the logo. It was really cool, but I didn't pay for it, either. I believe my friend gave it to me, and she found it on the street in New York. I've long since lost it.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-05, 03:41 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
I have a towel from The Outback

Handcrafted by RollDdice

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-27-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
All I have is Survivor the computer game. It had the first and second season casts and you could be either in first or second season setting. The whole game was kinda lame. My best friend gave it to me for a Christmas present. I knew the price. For a brand new computer game to be approx $25, it tells us that they knew the game was kinda lame. There was talk that they would include Africa in a further version of the game but I have no idea if they did that. I have it sitting next to my Sims which I play much more.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/166/166365p1.html IGN pretty much agreed with my assessment of the game.

Three is the perfect number.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-05, 02:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
I read a review on gamespot.com and they said it was one of the worst games of all time. But then, games with movie or TV show tie-ins are usually horrible. My theory is that the license to do one costs so much that there is nothing left for development.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-27-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
Well, I remember when they made the game and they had Jerri (ugh) going on shows to do interviews about the game and how it was so great, etc. I wasn't going to buy the game for myself but I was curious (enough that I would've downloaded and played a demo).

My best friend (who is also a big fan of the show but I could never get her to post here) only bought it for me because she was curious too. She wanted to know how the game was before she would buy it for herself. I lent her the game. We agreed that the game sucked.

The graphics were choppy and looked like The Sims (without the fun of The Sims - I could play that game forever thanks to expansion packs and fan websites with more downloads). And if I wanted to, I could play my sims to be like Survivor and/or Big Brother by starving them, giving them nothing to do, letting them interact on their own . . . (not that I do - I love my sims and I treat them nicely).

The "challenges" in the game were a lot like many of the free games that you can play on various websites (like MSNgames). So paying money for free stuff seems dumb.

And I agree with what you said. Most games based on TV shows or movies are lame. The only one that I can think of that I played a lot and enjoyed a lot was 007's Golden Eye for the N64. But it was really just a 1st Person Shooter and not bogged down in "plot" and other details. It was just a well constructed 1PS.

Three is the perfect number.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
A bandanna:

A rather rubbery, flaky silkscreen on the world's cheapest blend of carrot fiber, potato peelings and plastic milk bottles. Sweaty and uncomfortable.

Handcrafted by RollDice
THANKS Jiffy

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-03-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
I forgot, I also have the computer game. A friend of mine picked it up for me at the "Everything's a Dollar" store.

A big whopping buck!!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-05 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

I have a red baseball cap with the Survivor: Vanuatu Logo on it that I won from CBS for placing in the top one hundred on the CBS Survivor Vanuatu Fantasy Game leaderboard.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Show me your buff and I'll show you mine!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-05 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

I have an All-Stars buff and t-shirt, but I didn't buy them. I run our office pool and write summaries for the pool participants and they got them for me to thank me for all my work. Aren't they sweet? Also, since I know Romber, I got them signed.

ETA: I also have the Survivor 1: Borneo DVD, but I got that on Amazon.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •