The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The fake misdirection"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Zentar 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The fake misdirection"
So did anyone fall for the fake misdirection? They kept showing clips of Sean saying he hated Nelah, Kathy saying if she wants to make it to the final three she needs to team up with Sean, Vee and the General. I would say they had at least a good 20 minutes of clips eluding to Nelah being the target of the voting. I was telling my wife with all this misdirection they have thrown in to try to make it seem the obvious is not so obvious, then obviously the obvious is what is going to happen, and sure enough the General was sent packing.

You notice how much lately they try to slant the story to make you think, hey maybe things are going to get shaken up and something other than the expected is about to happen, but sure enough it does not. It makes me look at what they are showing and assume that since they are pushing me in some direction they want me to think, that whatever they are pushing is clearly NOT going to be the outcome.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The fake misdirection JeffGator 05-10-02 1
 RE: The fake misdirection George Tirebiter 05-10-02 2
   RE: The fake misdirection JeffGator 05-10-02 3
       RE: The fake misdirection Teddy_Bear 05-11-02 4
       RE: The fake misdirection dabo 05-11-02 5
           RE: The fake misdirection managerr 05-12-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 07:18 PM (EST)
1. "RE: The fake misdirection"
Yes, I fell for it. And the main reason I did was because of that CBS preview saying "Don't miss the elimination vote." I was sure that this was indicative of some sort of a tie vote and we were finally going to see what the new tie vote rule was going to be. I predicted that the person winning immunity (Vee) would be the one who got to decide in case of a tie. That is why I assumed that they said Elimination vote instead of Elimination votes

Anyway I could not believe that MB is full of such shlT! I will never trust another thing that man says. This has totally changed my spoiling methods. And I think it's safe to say that MB is officially an a$$hole!

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-02, 08:52 PM (EST)
2. "RE: The fake misdirection"
Misdirection? Man--almost through four seasons of this show, and I don't think anyone's pointed that out before. . .

Next thing, you'll be telling us they're sneaking product placements into the show between commercials!

GT

Sarcasm is just another service we offer here.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 10:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE: The fake misdirection"
Yeah, yeah, yeah, well I know he's misdirected us before
I don't think anything has been as bad as "And You'll never believe who it is" (referring to the guest) and "Don't Miss the Elimination Vote"

Now I know he did tell us that a suprise guest was coming last year when Colby's mom showed up but he never said anything like "And you'll never believe who it is."

I know MB always throws misdirections at us, but this was by far his all time worst.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-11-02, 00:16 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The fake misdirection"
What about Ep. 4? VO: "You won't want to miss the first ten (commercials) minutes--REEEALLY!!!" Then they didn't show the switch, until aproximately another 30 minutes (with more commercials) later?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gina (about Sarah): She probably knows that she's the one that's going. But then again, she might be too clueless to know it.

The Cream rises to the top. So does the scum.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
5. "RE: The fake misdirection"
>"Don't Miss the Elimination Vote"
>
EUREKA!!! Finally, I know I know I know, the deadlock tie-breaker, it all makes sense now! Whoever poops first gets to stay! DayUm! Ain't it great that one finally got figgered out!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-02, 04:18 AM (EST)
6. "RE: The fake misdirection"
If the mis-direction starts withing the first 20 minutes like it did in this episode then it usually doesn't work.

This one was way too obvious though. There were multiple conversations that suddenly chopped off--if there are several cut scenes like that (where they don't show the conversation till completion) then it usually signals the misdirection....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •