The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sean vs. Gervase"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-22-02, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sean vs. Gervase"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-02 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

Gervase played with a full deck of cards to avoid working.

Sean plays just the race card to avoid working.

(And Rob is playing without a full di..., er, deck.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sean vs. Gervase Dianetic 03-22-02 1
 RE: Sean vs. Gervase Spidey 03-22-02 2
 RE: Sean vs. Gervase managerr 03-22-02 3
   RE: Sean vs. Gervase samiam 03-22-02 6
 RE: Sean vs. Gervase aymelek 03-22-02 4
 RE: Sean vs. Gervase Swami 03-22-02 5
   RE: Sean vs. Gervase friedheine 03-23-02 7
       RE: Sean vs. Gervase Car84 03-23-02 8
           RE: Sean vs. Gervase aymelek 03-23-02 9
               RE: Sean vs. Gervase desert_rhino 03-24-02 10
                   RE: Sean vs. Gervase Dakota 03-24-02 11
                       RE: Sean vs. Gervase Fast Eddie 03-25-02 12
                       RE: Sean vs. Gervase Drive My Car 03-25-02 13
               RE: Sean vs. Gervase Dianetic 03-25-02 14
                   RE: Sean vs. Gervase friedheine 03-26-02 15
                       Please not AGAIN... Frau Hexe 03-26-02 16
                           RE: Please not AGAIN... Dakota 03-27-02 17
                               RE: Please not AGAIN... friedheine 03-27-02 18
                                   RE: Please not AGAIN... Dianetic 03-27-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 04:51 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Gervase was charming but Sean is alarming.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Gervase was LIKEABLE and, aside from the misogynistic comment or two, a seemingly charming guy who made it far enough to be the last male pagong. Despite being at least a competent physical competitor, most of his female tribemates went before him after the merge. If I recall correctly, America's original Survivor sweetie, Colleen, was the onyl Pagong who outlasted him Most people LIKED having him around.

Sean is an obnoxious Pr*ck. Sara said he was funny, so maybe that is being edited out. Otherwise I can find not ONE single redeeming quality to this man. Are the editors really trying to make him look bad or is he really not giving them anything else to work with???

But I can't decide who is actually more irritating to watch, Sean or Kathy. Boy does SHE grate on my nerves!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-22-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Gervase said Women were as dumb as cows.

Sean is dumber than a cow.

Rob hooked up with a sow.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
No, no, she's definitely a cow. Didja get a load of the UDDERS on that girl?

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-22-02, 05:38 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Gervase worked hard at being likeable (except for that cow comment, that is!)
Sean hardly works at anything.

Gervase had friends on the island.
Sean has Vee and whitey on the island.

Gervase is a good-looking black man.
Sean is a black man.

Gervase laughed at a good joke.
Sean just laughed AT the other tribemates.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Sean & Gervaise play "Go Fish," the classic kids' card game.

Sean deals Gervaise 7 cards, keeps only one for himself, puts the remaining cards in a face down pile to draw from.

Sean: I dealt, so you go first.

Gervaise: Do you have a seven?

Sean: No, go fish.

Gervaise: Do you have a two?

Sean: No. Go Fish.

Gervaise: Do you have a Jack?

Sean: No, go fish.

repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat....

Gervaise: Uhh--Sean, I have all the cards now.

Sean: *jumps up triumphantly* No you don't! *waves his one card* I still have the race card!! I win!!! I win!!! Ha-ha! You dummy. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Gervaise *wanders off looking for someone remotely interesting.*

Swami

friedheine 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Gervase was a MAN. Sean is a little boy playing games all day long, and Go Fish ain't in the list. He is the FINEST example of Who Keeps Racism Alive Today....if there weren't JERKS like HIM looking at EVERYTHING thru the eyes of Racism ("I thought slavery was ended...I hear the music from 'Roots' playing in the background"), if they would just SHUT UP and start carrying THEIR share of the load in this country, then there would be a LOT less reason for "Whitey" to HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!! GET REAL AND GROW UP!!!

Car84 76 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
I thought the comment on slavery was repugnant and as far off base as Sean could get. He wasn't being asked to do something that the Row Row Rotus weren't doing themselves. That's just not how Massa operated.

Sean and Rob seem to think work is something to be ashamed of, and laziness is the best of all virtues. Sure, boys, you can take a little time to smell the roses. But you have to wake up and smell the coffee first.

The only thing they have going for them is that both of them cannot be voted off at the same time. I hope Rotu takes a dive during the next immunity challenge. And I hope Paschal and His Harem can somehow manage to come close to completing the challenge.

Prediction: Sean goes next. Sean and Rob vote to boot the nurse.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-23-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-02 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

No! No! Not the nurse!!! Arrrrrgg.....!!!!

if they would just SHUT UP and start carrying THEIR share of the load in this country, then there would be a LOT less reason for "Whitey" to HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Freidheine...I'm hoping maybe you meant to say "island" as opposed to "country" as you stated above. Otherwise, I found this comment to be a TAD bit offensive and racist, hmmm?

Edited to say that, after re-reading his/her post again, I'm giving Freidheine the benefit of the doubt here. JV is absolutely right. I don't normally go out of my way to pick fights with other posters, but it seems I did here because I thought I saw an injustice! I apologize sincerely.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-02, 09:39 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
>And Freidheine...I'm hoping maybe you meant
>to say "island" as opposed
>to "country" as you stated
>above. Otherwise, I found this
>comment to be a TAD
>bit offensive and racist, hmmm?

I got the impression that this was directed at those who behave specifically like Sean does. I agree that this stereotypical anti-whitey (read: purely racist) behavior causes a lot of backlash from people who would otherwise not have strong racist sentiments.

YMMV

-- JV

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
The Survivors undergo psychological screening before they are accepted or rejected. I wonder what Sean's "profile" said. I'm thinking that Burnitt may have hoped that he would provide controversey (even more than the pig thing). Burnitt loves controversey. Look at this forum! I'd say that more than half of it is about Sean! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrs to you, Burnitt.

I agree that there is no comparison between Gervase and Sean. Sean's attitude about racial matters is just as destructive as that of white supremecists and fuels the fire of prejudice and racism. But let's not forget the offensive manner in which Sean and Rob talk about women. Intolerance and prejudice isn't just a matter of who's doing the work, who's more arrogant, who's got the money, power or who's more prejudiced. That kind of ethnic bias has been played out through the centuries and enlightenment doesn't seem to be spreading. Consider recent events: Albanians v. Serbians, Israelis v. Palestinians, China v. Tibet/Falun Gong/anyone not agreeing with China and, of course, Al Quada v. US. People are dying because of these prejudices. Families are torn apart. People are putting their lives on the line to fight this kind of hate, whether it's a Northern Alliance/American soldier or an Afghan teacher secretly teaching girls in his basement, it infuriates me to see Sean using it to avoid helping his tribemates. Prejudice, hate and racism are very serious and deadly matters and Sean using this to avoid working along side his tribemates is an insult to all those who are laying down their lives to fight these attitudes. I can't find the words to express my feelings about the man.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
>"profile" said. I'm thinking
>that Burnitt may have hoped
>that he would provide controversey
>(even more than the pig
>thing). Burnitt loves controversey.

He should have then also selected some white supremacist. Then you'd have controversy. I can see it now: both guys shmooze with Rob to try to arrange a hit on the other.

>I can't find the words
>to express my feelings about
>the man.

Actually, I think you did very well.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-02, 08:56 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Well said Dakota

EBug

03-25-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
if they would just SHUT UP
and start carrying THEIR share
of the load in this
country, then there would be
a LOT less reason for
"Whitey" to HATE them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find this offensive. African Amercicans carry more than their share of the load by taking the lower paying jobs most white people don't want like being janitors and garbagemen. I'm not sure what load isn't being carried.

>And Freidheine...I'm hoping maybe you meant
>to say "island" as opposed
>to "country" as you stated
>above. Otherwise, I found this
>comment to be a TAD
>bit offensive and racist, hmmm?

I also think "island" would have been a much better choice of words than "country".

03-26-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Sean vs. Gervase"
Well, there you go. Squint really hard at my words so that you only see what you WANT to see, ignore the four intelligent posts that follow mine, AND YOU'LL FIND SOMETHING TO BE OFFENDED BY. Well done. Very well done. (Sean- is that YOU???)

Frau Hexe 716 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
16. "Please not AGAIN..."
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting pretty weary of this issue taking over every single thread on Bashers. Perhaps someone could start a big giant "Race Relations in America" discussion on off topic, or better yet, visit/create message boards on "Race Relations in America" and take it there.

Now before everyone jumps down my throat and starts calling me "whitey" or "racist" listen up:
I am just as concerned about racism as many of you are. I work to fight all systems of oppression on a daily basis and in every aspect of my life, but not everything has to be about race, just like everything in my life doesn't have to be about heterosexuals oppressing me or men holding me down. Maybe Sean is just an idiot and has made himself an easy target, or maybe (most likely) MB has cast and edited him in such a way that he fills a very dangerous, yet stereotypical role on this show, and perhaps those stereotypes, as many others, are working to perpetuate racist attitudes toward Sean.

However, for the most part, the people on these boards are not here with a racist agenda. On Bashers specifically, people are here (or should be anyway) to bash the show. This includes the show's players (including attitudes; anything they say, wear or do; their hang-ups; their downfalls; and their flaws in general) the producers, the photographers, hell even the scenery.

We should all be here with a common purpose, not with the agenda to further oppress, or to accuse people of being oppressors. You don't see me getting defensive when people talk about queeyah John do you? He's just as much a target as anyone else on the island, and if we're going to be politically correct around here and pussyfoot around every single issue, well what's the point? All we'll have left are white heterosexual upper-middle class Christian men, and I'm sorry, but while they're fun to bash, so is everybody else.

So let's stop with the hyper-sensitivity, ultra-defensiveness and even insensitivity for that matter. This is bashers for chrissake, and no one here should be walking on eggshells because, surprise, surprise, this is all in good fun.

We love men. We just don't want to see them naked.~ Two Nice Girls

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-02, 00:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Please not AGAIN..."
Thank you, Frau. Agreed, agreed, agreed.

03-27-02, 03:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Please not AGAIN..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-02 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Hey- I was offended by that last remark!!!!!

03-27-02, 11:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Please not AGAIN..."
White women sure do have bad tempers.

I think you are mistaken that I'm rooting or standing up for Sean in any way. Sean will be voted off soon because he has a bad attitude and he doesn't think he should pull his weight. I'm rooting for Vecepia. If I only wanted to see black television I would watch the WB station but I like seeing the interaction.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •