The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Application videos now online"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-02, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Application videos now online"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-02 AT 11:53 PM (EST)

I'm not sure if they just put online, but I just noticed them after someone pointed out Gina's.

Below are some of the 220kbps feeds that I've viewed:

Neleh's video (geez, could she come across any sweeter, I think I got a cavity just watching)

Gina's video Sure, it's cute, but can we talk about something other than watermelons??? And the watermelon queen ACTUALLY GOES ON THE ROAD FOR 150 DAYS OF APPEARANCES?!?!?! ...damn, after that she's going to be disappointed with what she gets after S4 is over.

Sarah's video SPANISH TRANSLATOR NEEDED!!! ...I haven't taken Spanish since college, but I swear I heard about six different spanish words for "big" and "large" and saw numerous "accidently" camera zoom shots to her "chest area." Maybe someone can give us a literal translation of what the guy (I'm assuming her boyfriend) was saying in the first 45 seconds or so during the pathetic lip synch attempt (hide this tape from the talent agents Sarah...)

More to come as I get time to view more...

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Application videos now online GTmike 03-05-02 1
 RE: Application videos now online SurvivorBlows 03-06-02 2
 RE: Application videos now online kawee 03-07-02 3
   SARAH'S VIDEO MikeD 03-07-02 4
       RE: SARAH'S VIDEO kawee 03-08-02 5
 RE: Application videos now online I_AM_HE 03-13-02 6
   RE: Application videos now online Survivorerist 03-13-02 7
       RE: Application videos now online I_AM_HE 03-13-02 8
           RE: Application videos now online Survivorerist 03-13-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-02, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Application videos now online"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-02 AT 01:18 AM (EST)

you're right, Neleh is Elisabeth all over again. (not that I am complaining)

As for Sarah's video, talk about COMPLETELY random. As for a translation here is a gist of what she says: after her name, she says that she is from Alaska and that she is 23 years old and that her life is boring b/c she has no boyfriend. She says that she doesn't have a boyfriend and there are no current prospects so she is going to go to Latin America to find her a man. She then goes into describing the type of guy that she would look for (physical attributes). One of the attributes that she talks about is(paraphrasing): 'someone with a big nose, but not too big, but that she does want him to have "other things" that are big' and then giggles and it goes to the upsidedown shot.

If I have missed anything, please add. Like in english, wherever you are the slang used is different, so if I miss
something just add. (I have never heard of a boyfriend refered to as a Pancho).

----GTMike

Edited to spell Elisabeth's name correctly.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Application videos now online"
OK, I'm at work and I can't view the videos -- so therefore I'm going to do this without links -- but I'm still going to recap the others that I remember from memory and some small notes I took at the time.

SEAN -- Easily the highest production quality... and the damn longest I've seen so far at almost 5 minutes (what happened to that 3 minute rule Sean???) If I were a parent of one of his students, I'd be pissed they were being filmed. He tries hard to come across as an evangelist, and frankly the improper language he uses in class concerned me (I understand he's trying to "connect" with his kids, but it's kinda like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.) And I'm beginning to more and more question this guys self-proclaimed impoverished background. This 30 year old guy has high quality video of himself as a young child, video of himself breakdancing, etc. -- something I don't know of any even middle class 30's year old's even having.

JOHN -- Second to only Sean in production quality. Films his video in a few locations -- the college he went to, what looks to be him background, etc. Talks about coming out of the closet as a track athlete in college. After coming out, he dropped out of cllege and joined the Air Force (huh??? College was too tough so JOIN THE MILITARY?) Plans to "play the game in the light, not in the darkness" (pluezzee.) Graduated first in his class when he went back to school a couple of years ago. Collects "achievements, not Beanie Babies" and Survivor will be the crown jewel in his collection. Overall it's easy to see way he got cast.

HUNTER -- Very short, a one minute video of him standing in the corner of a San Diego-area restaurant (why, I have no clue -- it's noisy, it's not very well lit, it's a damn stupid place to film a video.) Shot only from above the waist. Naval callsign was "Roach."

PETER -- Peter is sitting on some uninstalled concrete sewer pipes. To his left is the building of his bowling alley, to the right is the building with his wine shop. No clue what he was building i nthe plot of land in between. Video is only about 80 seconds long, just talks about himself and closes with "I talk direction well" (Um, OK...)

ROBERT -- Only 1 minute long, filmed in his basement gym. Opens with him lifting weights in front of a 6 foot American flag. Believes in "trust, justice, and the American way." Switches to a small shot of him intriducing himself some more in either a local park or a large open backyard, then closes with him in his living room and waving goodbye with (apparently?) his infant son.

ROB -- the dumbest video I can remember. Almost 3 minutes of him trying to fit himself into the freezer side of his mother's side-by-side refrigerator. He tries a couple of times, manages to get in, but can't close the door all the way. He mother yells at him in the process that he's going to break the freezer. A package of frozen veggies is still seen on the door. This goof is an embarrassment to every Boston University graduate. Claims his psychology degree means he can play mind games with the best of them. No shock that he boxed and played rugby in college -- I think he's taken one too many blows to the head. If he wins the money he's going to med school to be a doctor (maybe he and Doctor Sean can open a practive together.)

TAMMY -- very short, about a minute, she stands in a room with a punching bag and talks about her crime reporter background and how she's already delt with scum every day. Seems to think Tina was from Wisconson. Closes by saying she's be a "knockout" and punching the bag.

GABE -- even though I don't think I'm going to like this guy, he easily has the most creative video. I think it was only 2 minutes long, but it's shot with the camera "just left on" in a corner of a room so that the kitchen area in is the viewing area. Gab then walks into the room, makes himself some breakfast and listens to his new phone messages while eating. The messages are from a friend of his trying to convince him to apply for Survivor and listing all the information about himself that he should tell the producers about.

That's it for now, I can't remember any more, don't think I've viewed the rest yet.

-SB

PS Yes, I had forgotten to mention that Sarah's video closes with a shot of her at a local park, turning her back to the camera, revealing that she's only wearing a thong, and then jogging off into the distance as another jogging couple that was passing by stares. Very Lindsey-like.

kawee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-02, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kawee Click to send private message to kawee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Application videos now online"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-02 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

uhhhhhhhh did you SEE the butt shot at the end
No she did NOT do that. yeah she did

edited to say (sarah)

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-07-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "SARAH'S VIDEO"
OH
MY
GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE HER AND HER ASS CHEEKS.

kawee 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-08-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kawee Click to send private message to kawee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SARAH'S VIDEO"
oh now she is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO TACKY

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Application videos now online"
ugh, i'm finding it harder and harder to understand why you people like Neleh. Elisabeth she ain't. She's not even Amber, or Kim P. The girl seems to have no clue in her head, and that needlessly rambling, repetitive drivel certainly doesn't give me any favorable impressions of her.
*thumbs down*

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-13-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Application videos now online"
>>>ugh, i'm finding it harder and harder to understand why you people like Neleh. Elisabeth she ain't. She's not even Amber, or Kim P.<<<

I believe you just answered your own question, silly That's exactly why I like her! If I wanted to see Elisabeth or Amber, I'd rewatch my S2 tapes until I was sick. Yes, I agree that she's different, but I disagree that it's a bad thing

>>>The girl seems to have no clue in her head, and that needlessly rambling, repetitive drivel certainly doesn't give me any favorable impressions of her.<<<

Well, I thought it was cute and sweet. And I fell in love with it in an instant. It's all just a difference of opinion. For example, I had never ever thought Sarah was too attractive, not even preshow before she started going off on her rants. Yet many guys did.

So, in short, different people find different things attractive. I find wholesome sweetness attractive, no matter how mindless it may seem.

This leads me to my own question, who did you like and why?

"I am slowly going crazy one two three four five six switch"

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Application videos now online"
Well, I don't find Sarah attractive either. i don't guess that i really find any of them all that attractive

and I suppose Neleh would be all right in real life, she just grates on me watching her on TV. like her all you want though, i won't stop you (its infinitely better than liking Sarah )

i guess that really belonged more on bashers than over here, sorry

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-13-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Application videos now online"
>>>i guess that really belonged more on bashers than over here, sorry<<<

Nah, that's ok with me, man. It didn't sound overly bashy to me

"I am slowly going crazy one two three four five six switch"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •