The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-04, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
This thread is the episode summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3, which premieres Monday, January 10 and will be consist of eight (?) episodes.

To sign up, please post your interest in this thread, as well as any applicable date restrictions that you may have. Writer selection will be arbitrary, sorry. Please note however, that we are also running open sign-up threads for several other shows, so if you are planning to reply to more than one of the above mentioned open sign-up threads, it would be helpful if you could note the other shows in your reply, so that we can try and ensure any proposed schedule doesn't schedule you for back-to-back summaries, commit you to more summaries than you were expecting, etc.

As a reminder, while all our summary writing is on a volunteer basis, etc. reliablity, timeliness (or at least status communication) is important, and that while we can't offer anyone any $$$, we do occasionally partner with companies to promote stuff and, if we can, I do try and pass some of the goodies.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... buckeyegirl 12-29-04 1
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... RangeRover 12-29-04 2
   RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... buckeyegirl 12-29-04 3
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... aliciabbrown 12-29-04 4
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... trillium 12-29-04 5
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... greeneyes 12-30-04 6
 I'll do it. sorgee 12-30-04 7
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Erik Barmack 01-02-05 8
   RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... Erik Barmack 01-04-05 9
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... MTW1961 01-04-05 10
 Proposed schedule SurvivorBlows 01-07-05 11
   RE: Proposed schedule aliciabbrown 01-07-05 12
       RE: Proposed schedule Erik Barmack 01-07-05 13
   RE: Proposed schedule greeneyes 01-07-05 14
   RE: Proposed schedule RangeRover 01-07-05 15
   Premiere - I'm Ready! MTW1961 01-10-05 17
   RE: Proposed schedule trillium 01-13-05 19
   BUMP MTW1961 02-11-05 21
       RE: BUMP trillium 02-12-05 22
       RE: BUMP aliciabbrown 02-12-05 23
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... DebCapsFan 01-07-05 16
 RE: Summary writer sign-up thread f... annieville 01-10-05 18
 My episode date buckeyegirl 01-14-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I haven't done a summary in awhile, and feel the urge to mock the bachelors this season. Please count me in. Greeneyes is on vacation, but I know she'd also like to do one.

A J-Slice Christmas Creation

RangeRover 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-29-04, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RangeRover Click to send private message to RangeRover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I would but to warn you in advance my recaps are more mockcraps than anything else.

12-29-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
Then you'd fit in just great around here.

aliciabbrown 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-29-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I'll be glad to do a summary. I'm doing one for my Big Fat Obnoxious Boss on 1/30 and have signed up for The Apprentice and American Idol, so I could do one of the later episodes.

trillium 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-29-04, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trillium Click to send private message to trillium Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I would be willing to write a Bachelorette summary. Note: As an accountant, I suck at sarcasm and am a pretty serious detail-oriented type so mine would be pretty much a straight summary.

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-30-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I would be willing to do one for this season. As far as I know, I don't have any date restrictions.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-30-04, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'll do it."
i'm also signing up for the apprentice so try to give me two different weeks.

Erik Barmack 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-02-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Erik%20Barmack Click to send private message to Erik%20Barmack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
LAST EDITED ON 01-02-05 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

SB:

I'd like to take an episode summary -- I did a bunch of these for my novel on reality-TV, and they were by far the most entertaining bits to write.

-ESB

01-04-05, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Erik%20Barmack Click to send private message to Erik%20Barmack Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
Also, I'm wondering if I could get your feedback on a mock-site that St. Martins Press is putting together for my novel, The Virgin. They're trying to spoof The Bachelorette's website (as the book leans heavily on this show), and it includes "episode recaps" and the like. I'm not trying to spam this board (at all), but I figured that if you're looking at a thread on writing episode summaries, you might be interested. Check out: www.thevirginshow.com, and email me (erik@barmack.com) if you feel like discussing. (And I'll happily pull this note if this is too spammy for ANYONE on this thread.)

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-04-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
COUNT.ME.IN.

Another Mon Cherie masterpiece!

The fellowship of the banana shall unite us! Well....most of us.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Proposed schedule"
OK folks, thanks for all the interest, if the show is like previous seasons we'll have eight episodes, and we have eight interested writers, so I think we're all set!

Below is the proposed schedule -- please respond below confirming whether the below assignments should work for you.

Monday, January 10 - Episode 1 - MTW1961
Monday, January 17 - Episode 2 - RangeRover
Monday, January 24 - Episode 3 - greeneyes
Monday, January 31 - Episode 4 - Erik Barmack
Monday, February 7 - Episode 5 - sorgee
Monday, February 14 - Episode 6 - trillium
Monday, February 21 - Episode 7 - aliciabbrown
Monday, February 28 - Episode 8 - buckeyegirl

Note that the above schedule doesn't cover either the Women Tell All or After The Rose specials, if anyone is interested in doing those, please let me know.

Thanks,
SB

01-07-05, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Proposed schedule"
Works for me.

01-07-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Proposed schedule"
SB:

I'm in.

-ESB

greeneyes 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-07-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greeneyes Click to send private message to greeneyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Proposed schedule"
My date is perfect. Thanks!

RangeRover 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-07-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RangeRover Click to send private message to RangeRover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Proposed schedule"
Not a problem. And can do either of the Women Tell All or ATR if you want. Just let me know.

01-10-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Premiere - I'm Ready!"
Yahoo! I'll get things going for us!

MTW

Another Mon Cherie masterpiece!

01-13-05, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trillium Click to send private message to trillium Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Proposed schedule"
thanks, I'm honored and looking forward to it!

02-11-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
21. "BUMP"
Is everyone still on board for their assigned summary duties?

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

02-12-05, 10:12 PM (EST)
22. "RE: BUMP"
>Is everyone still on board for
>their assigned summary duties?
>
I am.

02-12-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
23. "RE: BUMP"
I'm still on board.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-07-05, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
I'll take one of the specials.

It's a Slice.

annieville 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-10-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annieville Click to send private message to annieville Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Summary writer sign-up thread for ABC's The Bachelorette 3"
If someone can't do it, I'd love to do one! I'm a bit sarcastic but I'm also detail-oriented and I've been following all the seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I can do WTA or ATFR if you want.

Thanks!

01-14-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
20. "My episode date"
is fine with me!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •