The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

magicfishie 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-18-04, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magicfishie Click to send private message to magicfishie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I have literally done nothing else for the last two hours, and never got thru. I tried both Fantasia and Diana. Not once. True, maybe if I had tried Jasmine I would have had better luck, but I am just so freaking PISSED OFF! American Idol, don't waste my time like this! 200 calls, 200 busy signals.

I may not stop watching, but I'm not "voting" anymore. I've had it. If I didn't hate Fox before, this experience tonite was the nail that sealed that coffin.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... Cassandra 05-18-04 1
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... PagongRatEater 05-18-04 2
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... broodgal 05-18-04 3
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... PagongRatEater 05-18-04 4
       RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... broodgal 05-19-04 5
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... shedevil 05-19-04 6
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... broodgal 05-19-04 7
       RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... shedevil 05-19-04 8
           RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... AtlantisRoyal 05-19-04 9
               RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... idlegossip 05-19-04 28
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... managerr 05-19-04 10
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... shedevil 05-19-04 11
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... realityjunky 05-19-04 12
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... Karennz 05-19-04 13
       RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... JOSHIDOL 05-19-04 18
           RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... Bugs 05-19-04 22
               RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... idlegossip 05-19-04 29
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... pandorella 05-19-04 17
   Hit redial for JASMINE 500x, nothi... stormysatan 05-19-04 23
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... HobbsofMI 05-19-04 14
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... seahorse 05-19-04 15
       RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... kileh2 05-19-04 16
           RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... JOSHIDOL 05-19-04 19
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... shedevil 05-19-04 26
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... idlegossip 05-19-04 30
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... yensid 05-19-04 20
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... Pepito 05-19-04 21
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... miss lady diva 05-19-04 24
 I was only ever able to vote moonbaby 05-19-04 25
   pissing off the judges shedevil 05-19-04 27
       RE: pissing off the judges Karennz 05-19-04 33
           RE: pissing off the judges seahorse 05-20-04 36
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... CarCar22125 05-19-04 31
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... finners 05-19-04 32
 RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... unitabackup 05-19-04 34
   RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn'... zombiebaby 05-19-04 35
 Missed it by that much Ricky 05-21-04 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cassandra 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-04, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cassandra Click to send private message to Cassandra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Called about thirty times and got through 2 or 3 times, so better luck than you had, magicfishie. I was calling Fantasia's number. Maybe the phone grid is really messed up? This was about 15 minutes before voting ended and usually it's not hard to get through late in the dial-in period. Worst than last year's final two about getting through and that was pretty frustrating.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-04, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-04 AT 11:57 PM (EST)

Same here. I got through 1 time and called on 2 phones for the entire 2 hours. They simply have to change the voting system or this show is going to become a joke.

wondering if "becoming a joke" is the right word

broodgal 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I kept getting "all circuits are busy" for a half hour. Then i finally got through. This is very frustrating, i wish they would have more lines open.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-04, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
There actually ARE no more lines, this is a phone company capacity and trunking issue, not an AI problem. (see voting flaws posting from earlier this week)

05-19-04, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail broodgal Click to send private message to broodgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Thanks i was not aware of that!

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-04 AT 00:36 AM (EST)

I quit voting when Jennifer left.

05-19-04, 00:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
There is always Jasmine to vote for,lol.

I almost quit watching when Jennifer & LaToya left. If Diana goes tomorrow night i am finished!

05-19-04, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
There will be no votes for Jasmine coming from this house that's for sure. No you can't go if Diana leaves. I won't allow it.

AtlantisRoyal 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AtlantisRoyal Click to send private message to AtlantisRoyal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I got through on votes for Diana at least 40 times within the last 10 minutes of voting. I hope that doesn't mean bad news for her -- Diana and Fantasia should definitely be the final 2! They are both great; although Diana is my favorite to win........................................and, NO, I'm not a teeny bopper who knows secret ways to tie up the phone lines; also not a hometown native of Diana's. I'm a 35 year old heterosexual divorced mother of 2 who thinks Diana is the best singer /performer left on AI. Please let Jasmine be gone tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

idlegossip 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
In the last 1/2 hour, I continually redialed for Fantasia and only got through 4 times. I watched the clock for the heck of it, and I was able to dial every 5 seconds. (Hit flash, redial, wait for the busy signal, hit flash, redial....) I hope this DOES reflect the voting, and that Diana's supporters were done.

(We gotta b*tch or we'll explode!)

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-19-04, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Try everyone's line: If all of them busy, then Dial for the person you want to boot! When you get through remember to STAY ON THE LINE. Let yourself disconnect manually. You can stay on the line for a good 40 seconds before they boot you. You may have voted for the person, but you just blocked several other callers from getting through!

This is a great way to vote against someone and make the times you do get through count more. (Hopefully I was able to block a good number of Fantasia votes tonight)

05-19-04, 01:49 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
If Fantasia gets booted tomorrow it won't matter she will probably be more successful than Diana or Jasmine no matter who wins.

realityjunky 53 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realityjunky Click to send private message to realityjunky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
me too...redialed over and over again for 2 hours straight...really frustrating...

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Same experience here. Called and called for Fantasia and got a busy signal every. single. time.

The AI producer said yesterday that the voting system is as fair as it possibly can be.

Yeah. Right.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-04, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
That is not a good sign, the night before George went home we tried for 2 hours and could not get thorugh and what happens he goes home.
Maybe that was Fantasia's big send off. They said Simon told New York Times, Diana will win.
I am still convinced the show is not rigged but they plan who they want to win and which order you go when they pick the Top 12.
Does anyone remember the week before Latoya left, they kept running the AI commercial and it said "If you think you know who will win, Don't count on it". What was that telling you and the next week the so called declared winner Latoya goes home. Sound staged to me.
I think Diana will win and of course FAntasia is going on to a great career but she is not American Idol image but hey I don't think Ruben is either.
Wasn't it Ruben who was taking money from sales of shirts with the 205 on it while he was competing, which is forbidden and I think recently his tour bus had drugs on it.
Well at the rate he is going if this is all true, he will be dead before he makes AI a fortune.

Bugs 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bugs Click to send private message to Bugs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I voted 55 times in one hour for Diana. It was harder to get through this time though. Ruben was taking money from sales of the shirts and yes drugs were found on his tour bus heard it on the news but don't know the outcome of it. If the drugs don't kill him his weight will. Your heart can only function so long with that amount of weight on your body. I am not a Fantasia fan but I would not vote for Jasmine just to piss off Simon or the other judges she is not ready for a career in music yet, her voice is just not there. It will be interesting to see who goes tonight.

05-19-04, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idlegossip Click to send private message to idlegossip Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Ruben wasn't on the bus, so he didn't get pegged for anything. He'll probably be released from his contract like Justin if he doesn't get going. If Jas gets it, they'll structure her album to avoid the flats, and they can get her to do it over if she is, although I don't want to see her get it at all.

Racism aside, we've had a white girl with a slight gut, we've had a black guy with a gut, and if Jasmine gets it, we will have a Hawaiian (Philipino?) with guts (to keep going out there and be lousy!)

pandorella 82 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pandorella Click to send private message to pandorella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"

Never got through once in 2 hours.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Hit redial for JASMINE 500x, nothing came thorugh"
I am beginning to suspect that FOX limited the phone lines for jasmine to allow for a Fantasia-Diana duel which I think is not good.
Fantasia is just way above the two cutesy girls. So I don't want her in the final 2. It would have been better if the winner had been announced yesterday (or maybe tonight) instead of waiting for the final two next week.

It's not gonna be very interesting unless it's a jasmine-Diana. Interesting,of course, not because of talents but for what the judges might say.
I think it's been the ugliest final with the best talents not making it to the final.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
First time I ever voted and I got about 200 votes in for Jasmine just beacause Simon says so...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I get the feeling you are not alone. I think many will vote against the judges choices, because they were so pushy tonight.

kileh2 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kileh2 Click to send private message to kileh2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I quit caring when george left!!

now i want jasmine to win all the way!!!

just to piss off the judges

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-19-04, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Somehow, someway they would fix something if she gets into the finals so that all of Hawaii has a blackout or something when they are suppose to be voting.
I can't see them letting her win.

05-19-04, 01:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Wouldn't it be funny if everyone who voted for Jasmine to spite Simon were all playing into his hands? It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted Jasmine to win, just to try and end Idol or at least make it more of a joke. He has his own Idol type show coming up, why not kill the competition? Just a thought.

05-19-04, 04:05 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
>First time I ever voted and
>I got about 200 votes
>in for Jasmine just beacause
>Simon says so...

That's because everyone else was voting for the winner....

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-19-04, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Tried for about an hour to vote for Diana last night and got thru about 20 times.

Pepito 587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-19-04, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pepito Click to send private message to Pepito Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Redialed and redialed, tried for both Fantasia and Diana, not a single call went through...

Grrrrr..... If Jasmine remains I will be Pi55ed...

miss lady diva 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-19-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail miss%20lady%20diva Click to send private message to miss%20lady%20diva Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
I can never get through from my house phone, only from my cell phone. I was only able to get through about 10 times in the entire two hours. I voted for Fantasia, but it seems they are setting it up for her to get the boot with all of their "you don't need this competition" comments.

mld

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I was only ever able to vote"
early on. Lately? I can never get through. I stopped trying last night after only a few times.

05-19-04, 02:02 PM (EST)
27. "pissing off the judges"
I'm just wondering, does anybody really think that the judges care who wins anymore? I'm thinking they don't. Why should they? They are going to get paid no matter what, and there will be another season to make this one up. They may act like they care, but after the things that have already happened this season, I really doubt they do.

Karennz 112 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karennz Click to send private message to Karennz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: pissing off the judges"
I think the judges care. But I think they also know that many viewers don't care what they say. I think that's why the four of them praised Fantasia so much last night (and rightly so, IMHO).

They *want* people to vote for Fantasia, who in their opinion is the best contestant still in the race. But they also are aware that voters (ones who can get through the clogged phone lines, that is) are deliberately voting for contestants whom the judges DON'T want to win. Why? I don't know. You'll have to ask all those millions of #$Q! text messagers who are voting for Jasmine.

Go Fantasia (she said, in a futile attempt to support the most talented contestant remaining).

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: pissing off the judges"
America loves an underdog, which is the obvious reason some of the contestants got as far as they did. The do not want Randy, Simon or Paula telling them who they should vote for. Many indeed voted against the judges wishes throughout the competition. The uncertainty is great for ratings and reality tv forums.

CarCar22125 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-19-04, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CarCar22125 Click to send private message to CarCar22125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Same here. I tried the whole two hours, and never got through. I'm not voting anymore either. I mean what's the point? I sat there and wasted two hours calling and got a busy signal everytime.

finners 5 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finners Click to send private message to finners Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
did you try to text message? i really want to know if this works!

unitabackup 175 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail unitabackup Click to send private message to unitabackup Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
'Idol' says its voting system is fair

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2004-05-18-idol-voting_x.htm

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-04, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Hit Redial 200 times and didn't get thru ONCE!!"
Then it must be true and don't blam them!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

"You don't need pants for the victory dance"

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-21-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Missed it by that much"
201 is the charm. You give up too easily.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •