The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Its de ja vu all over again"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-27-05, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Its de ja vu all over again"
As I was watching Adam and Rebecca in last night's episode, I started to think I had already seen this before. I suddenly realized that A/R are just like Flo/Zack. With Adam wanting to give up just like Flo did all the time. And since F/Z won it all, for the first time I started to think that A/R might win it all

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Its de ja vu all over again KObrien_fan 01-27-05 1
   RE: Its de ja vu all over again rasslinmomma 01-27-05 2
   RE: Jon & Kris television 01-29-05 8
 RE: Its de ja vu all over again samboohoo 01-27-05 3
   As would I PhoenixMons 01-27-05 4
       RE: As would I Spider 01-27-05 5
           RE: As would I FreshlySqueezed 01-28-05 6
 RE: Its de ja vu all over again Serendipity 01-28-05 7
 You are right TeamJoisey 01-29-05 9
   I'm wrong TeamJoisey 02-02-05 15
 RE: Its de ja vu all over again umass 01-29-05 10
   RE: Its de ja vu all over again esquire 01-31-05 12
   RE: Its de ja vu all over again zedgirl 02-03-05 17
       RE: Its de ja vu all over again RCASTANEDAIII 02-03-05 18
 The editing is worrying me too howe... volsfan 01-31-05 11
   RE: The editing is worrying me too ... Spidey 02-07-05 21
 CRAP! KObrien_fan 02-02-05 13
   RE: CRAP! volsfan 02-02-05 14
       RE: CRAP! Spider 02-02-05 16
   RE: CRAP! Degenhardt 02-04-05 19
       RE: CRAP! memyselfandi 02-07-05 20
           RE: CRAP! FreshlySqueezed 02-08-05 22
               RE: CRAP! PepeLePew13 02-08-05 23
                   RE: CRAP! dragonflies 02-08-05 24
                       RE: CRAP! volsfan 02-08-05 25
                           RE: CRAP! yensid 02-08-05 27
               Adam & Rebecca samboohoo 02-08-05 26
                   RE: Adam & Rebecca Devious Weasel 02-08-05 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-05, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
I agree and it has me worried too. I mentioned this same thing in the love list thread.

I was also worried to see the editing change to all teams realizing that Kris and Jon are so strong (not that it isn't painfully obvious), and even Jon and Kris were shown being a little cocky about being ahead during last episode. That worries me too.

Why the sudden change in editing? FWIW I hated the Flo/Zack edit and if Mary Adam and Rebecca win this thing it will be a crying shame.

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-27-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
I would willingly accept a Rebecca and Mary Adam victory, but only on one condition. As soon as Phil declares them the winner:

1. Mary Adam turns to Rebecca for a big smooch
2. Rebecca pushes him away, stating "Being nice to you was all an act. I still loathe you to the very bottom of my soul. I only managed to tolerate your affections with the knowlege that it motivated you to perform in the race. If you come near me agian, I will get a restraining order."
3. Mary Adam collapses into a blubbering pile of goo right before our eyes.

I love a martini -- but two at the most. Three I’m under the table; Four, I’m under the host.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-29-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jon & Kris"
I don't know if their editing is foreshadowing a downfall, or merely a reflection of the fact that they're pretty much perfect. Really, it's hard to show a team making a comeback from interpersonal bickering or huge race mistakes if there aren't any... so, I wouldn't write them off yet. In fact, when I saw the previews for this week, it seemed like they were highlighting the "challenge" to K/J simply because there hasn't been any challenges for them yet... it seems relatively minor (depending on what part of the leg they're at), as he says "you just took us ten blocks in the wrong direction"... ten blocks is really not that much, I don't think. Anyway, if they survive that "setback", I think that might be the beginning of their "arc" and comeback to victory... then again, that's probably just wishful thinking.

I would certainly say that, from the editing, the only team I'm pretty sure won't win is F/K, although that might also be wishful thinking.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
I think so too, especially when he wanted to leave the train station.

I will say that I would much rather see them win than H/A or F/K.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-27-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "As would I"
Much as Mary Adam is annoying and much as Rebecca is constantly taking jabs at him (can you really blame her), I would much rather they win than A/H or the dreaded F/K. I'm holding on to the slim possibility of J/K winning.

Got blog?

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-27-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: As would I"
I would not worry about Adam and Rebecca winning.

In my opinion, they do not have what it takes to win this race. Yes, I know they are still in it but the detours and road blocks are going to get tougher and Adam's total weakness will hinder them very soon. The other teams are too strong.

Kris/Jon I do not believe will be eliminated by that little bit of cab misdirection in the previews as they do not look that upset afterwards and one can never tell if that's all we have to go on.

Finally, it seems that teams who work together, maybe a little fighting, do better than teams who are constantly arguing. Why? the arguing misdirects their energy and thought process into something other than getting to the next clue.

FreshlySqueezed 100 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: As would I"
However, did you see as soon as Rebecca let up on her b*tching at Adam and pretended to be his gf again, he stopped his beating on the "relationship horse" and they started working together as a team. She gave him positive reinforcement and he delivered because of that.

He's already done 5 of the roadblocks as opposed to her 3! So technically (because of the FF), Rebecca can do all of the roadblocks left and still come in at 6 for her, 5 for him!

You say that they're a weak team when it comes to roadblocks and detours, but look at their record. They're not having trouble in the tasks department. It's the in between racing part that is their problem.

Of the detours Rebecca's done, only one was super challenging which was the hot soup. The other 2 she did was the bungee rocket and the soap box derby which takes ZERO skill to do either. Adam's done: zipline (easy), unrolling hay (physical), hauling salt (physical), find priest(easy), climb up and down 1000 steps (physical)

Let's look at the Detours...

Sri Lanka, tree climb/rope walk. Both A & R did well.

Ethiopia, raise the roof. Both did well on that.

Corsica, FF scuba. Adam faltered some yes, but he did it and they still came in 2 hours, 39 minutes ahead of the last place team

Budapest pt2, water polo. Again, both did well.

Budapest pt1, cannonball. They tried the catapult, it didn't work so they switched to cannonball and had no probs.

Germany, brats. Sped through that with no probs.

Senegal, stacking fish. They did just as well as other teams.

Sweden, counting inventory. Ok, bad move and they both dropped the ball on that one.

Norway, land skiis. If i remember right, it wasn't smooth sailing for any team!

I really think that Adam & Rebecca's major downfall thusfar has been their bickering and dealing with their relationship issues. If Rebecca just continues to play nice so they don't focus on their relationship anymore, they have just as good of chance to win this as anyone!

I'd prefer them or K&J to win over the other 2 teams.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-28-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
I don't see them as Flo/Zach so much. Adam is much like Flo, but Zach was never mean to Flo. He was patient with her, always helping her out.

I see them more like Paul & Amie from TAR1. Paul wanted to quit or give up almost every episode and was always discouraged. Amie was the strong one in that team.

The break for Adam & Rebecca at this point is that she will have to do most of the Roadblocks that are left. Adam has not done well in most of those that he did. He royally screwed up the Pendant Match in Ethiopia, everyone but Lori beat him at the Lion's Rock except Lori (who had the ticket problem), and even Mary Jean beat him at the salt gathering in Senegal.

Rebecca, unlike Amie, has to stay healthy and rested so that she can cope with Adam. She also has to continue to be patient with him, because he does perform better when she stops putting him down.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-29-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "You are right"
I agree completely. The clues are in the editing.
Rebecca will carry Adam to victory, just as Zach carried Flo.

Jon & Kris haven't gotten enough screen time, so I don't think they win.
Freddy & Kendra have been edited as nasty, so they won't win.

Aaron & Hayden might win, but not without some rehabilitation in the editing of the next episode.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "I'm wrong"
After last night's episode, I'm leaning toward a Kris & Jon win, beating Freddy and Kendra to the finish line in a footrace.
There was too much time spent on the revenge yield vs. the strategic yield for that to be a non-factor.

Rebecca may still win by carrying Adam to the finish line, but it's a little less likely.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

umass 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-29-05, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail umass Click to send private message to umass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
I have to say if A/R win it would be a huge disappointment because all the remaining teams with them (K/J, F/K, and A/H) are so much better racers.

A/K have so far never finished in the top three except for their fastfoward.

A complete disaster must happened for them to win. Which could happen as it Aaron does the roadblock in China leaving Hayden to do the last two roadblocks. Someone will most likely yield K/J which leaves the door wide open for A/R against F/K. These two teams seem more evenly matched and according to CBS preview of the final episode it is another close finish.

I hope I am completely wrong and K/J win.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-31-05, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"

>A/K have so far never finished
>in the top three except
>for their fastfoward.

Not only have they never finished in the top three in any leg of the race other than their fast forward, they have never finished in the top half of any leg of the race. I really hope these two losers do not win

zedgirl 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zedgirl Click to send private message to zedgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
If A/H are eliminated and don't make it to the final leg, and there is a yield--the only team that could use the yeild in the final leg are K/J because Freddy and Kendra and Adam and Rebecca have already used thier yeilds

RCASTANEDAIII 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-03-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RCASTANEDAIII Click to send private message to RCASTANEDAIII Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Its de ja vu all over again"
Didnt Phil say there where only three yields? Then we have seen all three.
Right?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-05, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "The editing is worrying me too however"
Mikey posted in fanatics this link:

http://www.thefishbowl.com/fishbowl/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=534

It was written by Reichen and he admits in the article that Mary Adam and Rebecca have not spoken since the ending of the show.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The editing is worrying me too however"
From the link:

Having heard word of the party, Toni Ferrari ("Paradise Hotel"), a good friend of mine (and my co-host for "Amazing Race Talk") and a true Reality star, put me in touch with Hayden

Oh, barf.

What ever happened to her Love Cruise credit? Is even she too embarrassed to admit it?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "CRAP!"
Adam and Rebecca lose all their money and Phil mentions in an odd way that they will have a hrad time begging in the location they are in. "Hard enough to get a taxi, try getting one with no money"

Also, from the AOL previews we see F/K and A/R in hawaii, the final leg of the race. So someone between H/A or J/K gets eliminated and never reaches the islands.

Not to mention that Freddy pointed out A/R strategy last night "they haven't really done anything except follow everyone else around this whole race".

UGH, Flo go home, quit, I can't take this!

S10 PTB Sign up HERE

02-02-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: CRAP!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

I mentioned Phil's little speech in lastnight's live show update...just seemed strange to me.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CRAP!"
It seems though that A/R get some money as they are shown in the detour/roadblock and again in the supposed last leg.

My guess is that Rebeeca begs in the hotel to western tourists
and gets enough.

It also depends on how they get to from place to place. Driving may come into it again.

Degenhardt 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-04-05, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Degenhardt Click to send private message to Degenhardt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: CRAP!"
Also, from the AOL previews we see F/K and A/R in hawaii, the final leg of the race. So someone between H/A or J/K gets eliminated and never reaches the islands.

We did see J/K in Hawaii
THey were sorting clothes just a different detour

memyselfandi 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-07-05, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memyselfandi Click to send private message to memyselfandi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CRAP!"
Long time lurker -new poster. I could be totally wrong but I do get the feeling that A/R are our winners. The little guy quotes, the yeild by F/K,etc. Plus I read an article in Intouch where they interview the final four teams and one Adam's quotes really stood out - "Rebecca is a superstar,the toughest competitor." Maybe she really came thourgh on a roadblock. The vibe I got was it came down to F/K and A/R. Rebecca said they love each other but it isn't the healthiest relationship so they aren't dating.

FreshlySqueezed 100 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FreshlySqueezed Click to send private message to FreshlySqueezed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: CRAP!"
on Reichen's website, he talked about a party he held and mentioned that Adam & Rebecca hadn't seen each other since the game ended. Wouldn't you think that if they HAD won, they would have *had* to see each other for public media engagements????

I want Adam & Rebecca to win and my gut is saying they do, but this thing keeps nagging at me.

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: CRAP!"
Agree, this is a pretty strong indicator that Mary Adam and Rebecca doesn't win because winning can fix a lot of things between two battling people for the time being. Winning would make public appearances for the sake of propriety that much easier to take -- so since they aren't bothering to appear together, they didn't win.

Scratch and sniff

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: CRAP!"
But they wouldn't have had to appear together until after tonight, when the winners were announced.

02-08-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: CRAP!"
I am with dragonflies on this one. Until tonight's finale, Mary Adam/Rebecca would not have to do any media tour or media interviews as they are still on the show.

I took what Reichen said as more of where their relationship is and not where they placed in the race. Rebecca obviously wised up and kicked the homo wanna be to the curb. Reichen also said on his web site that he would not comment on Mary Adam's sexual orientation which tells me that Reichen thinks there could be a possibility of Mary Adam being gay (we gays just sense these things). I think if Reichen was convinced that Mary Adam was straight he would call it like he sees it. JMHO!

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-08-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: CRAP!"
I don't know. My thinking is that if I knew that I had won a million dollars, don't you think the two of them would have a good time watching the whole thing unfold together with their friends. If they dated for two years, they would have lots of people in common and would want to get together to celebrate in the end.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Adam & Rebecca"
As dragonflies and vols have said, A&R wouldn't be doing any promotional appearances until after the finale. Also to note, from the beginning, they were described as "formerly dating." So that relationship had problems before the race. Add to that all of the stress caused doing the race. I can see them winning and then just going their separate ways. Look at Chip & Reichen -- they divorced after the race.

Finishing last and losing all of the money has not proved to be impossible to overcome this season. And remember the recrap showed up Rebecca charming a sandwich out of some stranger on the train. I don't think she will have any problems at all.

Also, just going back to the yield one more time. There is so much focus on the revenge and Freddy being happy yielding A/R. I can see where this could point to a K/J win; however, they had to throw in one more comment from Adam about being A/R. I feel if K/J had won, they would have just left that clip out.

K/J, as much as they are liked have had the positive edit with one exeption -- last episode. We saw Jon furious with the cabby, but we also were shown a clip where Kris made a comment about not paying the cabby anything at all.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Adam & Rebecca"
To me, it wasn't about the revenge aspect of the edit - it was that every single team commented on the fact that F/K yielded A/R instead of K/J. Hayden and Aaron said something about it before the fact in a manner that showed they wanted F/K to yield J/K, A/R kept harping about how they should have yielded J/K instead, and Kendra even seemed to question the decision. That, coupled with the fact that we people kept talking during the season about how strong K/J were, makes me think they take it all.

I remember last season how a lot of people (myself included) thought Chip's comment that if the bowling moms were able to do the bridge roadblock, they would win the race. Well, they did it, but they didn't win. I'm starting to think that Adam's comment is indicative of the fact that he starts to worry too much about F/K and forgets about K/J. Strangely enough, (or maybe not), if it was Rebecca who said "We're going to beat them" I would think it was put in for foreshadowing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •