The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

rwj3eb 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-02, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rwj3eb Click to send private message to rwj3eb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 5"
Just wondering if anybody applied for Survivor 5 and if they have heard anything back yet?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 5 cchuck 03-12-02 1
   RE: Survivor 5 iowagirl 03-14-02 8
   RE: Survivor 5 KYAnne 03-19-02 10
       RE: Survivor 5 SurvivorBlows 03-20-02 11
           RE: Survivor 5 KYAnne 03-22-02 12
               Rejection letter?? s_man 03-23-02 13
                   RE: Rejection letter?? KYAnne 03-23-02 15
 RE: Survivor 5 ConningOfficer 03-13-02 2
 RE: Survivor 5 JohnMc 03-13-02 3
   RE: Survivor 5 cchuck 03-13-02 4
   RE: Survivor 5 Kokoro 03-14-02 9
 RE: Survivor 5 Trmi 03-13-02 5
   RE: Survivor 5 just me 03-14-02 6
       RE: Survivor 5 cchuck 03-14-02 7
           RE: Survivor 5 BaquaR13 03-23-02 14
               RE: Survivor 5 Trmi 03-24-02 16
               RE: Survivor 5 SurvivorBlows 03-24-02 17
                   RE: Survivor 5 CSHS79 07-15-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cchuck 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-12-02, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cchuck Click to send private message to cchuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 5"
I saw your note, I am too looking for information to see if the interviews have started. I turned in my tape around the 6th of Feb. I haven't heard a word yet. If I do get a interview it would be for the San Francisco area people. If you have heard anything please post it as I would image there is a lot of us on pins and needles waiting to hear something. I was not very impressed with the videos of Survivor 4 so who knows what they are really looking at. I have a few people I know that turned in there video tape and so far nothing. Good luck.

Chuck

iowagirl 4 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iowagirl Click to send private message to iowagirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 5"
This gives me hope. I am in the SF area too and I am anxiously waiting to hear something. So I guess "no news is good news" if you ask me!

KYAnne 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KYAnne Click to send private message to KYAnne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 5"
I, too, sent in my tape and app and haven't heard a thing. Chicago would be my interview site because I live in KY. My husband's theory is that everyone will be informed at once. He thinks that they will set up interviews and mail condolence letters at the same time.
I know two other people who have applied and they haven't heard anything either.
Keep your fingers crossed!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 5"
>He thinks that
>they will set up interviews
>and mail condolence letters at
>the same time.

My understanding is that none of these shows ever sent "condolences" letters... you hear from them only if they are interested in meeting with you further. They don't even guarantee to receive and review your application, never mind rejection letters.

-SB

03-22-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KYAnne Click to send private message to KYAnne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 5"
My neighbor's sister received a "thank you for your application" letter after she wasn't picked for an interview for S4.

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-23-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Rejection letter??"
If she did get such a letter, how about get a copy of it, blank out any personal info, and post a copy of it here. We'd all like to see it.

About the "calls," so far it is all speculation. There are some "other" boards where you can post info, but no one has as yet. If you are involved in the process, you certainly would NOT jeoparize your chances by posting that info anywhere, and if you'd been rejected, you'd have nothing to lose. That tells me that no one (at least no posters) have been turned down yet. I still have HIGH hopes.

03-23-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rejection letter??"
Sorry to get you so upset. All I know is what my neighbor told me.

ConningOfficer 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-13-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ConningOfficer Click to send private message to ConningOfficer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 5"
Nope. Too many skeletons in the closet. I can't hack being a media whore, because if the skeletons went on parade, I'd be out of a job faster than Gina on Hunter.

"You've got until 1600 to get off this ship. After that, I can have the watchstander shoot you. That said, I think it's time for me to get a beer."

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-13-02, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 5"
Does anyone even know if there will be an S5? How are we doing in ratings? If Survivor makes it past next year when Friends expires, I think they'll have a lock on Thursday night for as long as they want. But there gonna have to start beating Friends.

Plus, Nerd Broadcasting Company is promoting Friends this week by saying that there's no Survivor this week! They've had such a lock on Thursdays forever that Survivor is the best competition they've had. Survivor is gonna have to make things more exciting that S3 was. (Who's the whiny beyotch in this installment. Brandon was so much more fun to watch than Kathy!)

I wanna see Survivor live. EVERYONE KEEP WATCHING!!! (even on Wednesdays!)

03-13-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cchuck Click to send private message to cchuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 5"
Well I have turned in a tape for S5 as requested by there internet site, so I would think that there is going to be a Survivor 5. It said that if you were to get an interview it would be this month. So I was just hoping that somebody might know somebody that has a interview. I can't believe that they would shut down a show that was number 2 in the rating if Friends happened to beat out Survivor4. NOT!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 5"
I think that Sean is the whiny beyotch of S4.

And contrary to what some people say, Survivor is in no danger of being cancelled....I mean 20 million+ people are still watching every week. If lower ratings than Friends is an indication of failure, then most shows can be considered dead.

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Trmi 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Trmi Click to send private message to Trmi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 5"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-14-02 AT 09:28 PM (EST)

I too sent in the video and application for S5 and it arrived prior to the original deadline of Feb. 8 (later extended to Feb. 15), and have not heard a thing re: interviews, etc. I'm not so sure the production locale is finalized nor that everything is set as was stated in the original application for S5 ?????

just me 8 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail just%20me Click to send private message to just%20me Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 5"
UUMMM.... actually, the original date was February 8 and extended to the 15th. I sent in my tape...no word yet. The audition tapes for S4 were pretty ordinary. Mostly just people talking. Leads me to believe that MB has a cast of charcters and he is just looking for applicants who fill the role. ie cowboy, whiny gay, rich #####, goofball, father, mother....etc

03-14-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 5"
I have to agree, after seeing the audition tapes for S4 I wish I hadn't spent the time coming up with a good video. I think my chances would have been better spend just talking about myself and not trying to get a laugh. I was hoping that the tapes really were going to be a contest to get on the show. It looks like it was just the luck of the draw. It's to bad as I really enjoyed seeing people coming up with interesting ideas to get on the show. I can't believe some of the people that were picked for S4. There tapes sucked.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-23-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 5"
I havent seen any tapes yet. I wish i had. Who's were bad imparticularly? How was Sarah's?

Trmi 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-02, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Trmi Click to send private message to Trmi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 5"
Go to this URL and you can see the information and tapes for all the S4 contestants.....

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor4/survivors/index.shtml

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 5"
>I havent seen any tapes yet. I wish i had. Who's
>were bad imparticularly? How was Sarah's?

A couple of weeks ago, I did I little bit of a sumamry for each of the one's that I remembered:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/994.shtml

-SB

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-15-02, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 5"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-02 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

ANY UPDATES AS FAR AS SURVIVOR5 FROM ANYONE????

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •