The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-26-02, 06:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Trying my best to defend my (hanging by a thread) favourite team, because I just feel so miserable everytime I see all the hate for them...

Well for a start this team is polite, well, that is if you compare that to other teams. They say their Ps and Qs, in this episode, from the taxi drivers in Porto and Lisbon to the locals in Lisbon. The number (well, OK, call me crazy, I counted) is higher than any other team other than Gherkin...

Well, about the anti-twin stuff, it seems like Flo and Zach are taking over from the Ag and Au for the roles of leader. The hate seems to dwindle, from 'taking down the twins' to just 'we want to surpass the twins' or 'persue the brothers'. Flo is the one still hating the twins, she mentioned 'twin hunt' a few times, even last episode, and Zach was the one who said that twins 'are evil', not Aaron!

What about their friendship to other teams? OK, minus all the dislike for the bothers, oops brothers I mean, the pitstop 'eating and mingling with other teams' show them interacting with most others, even those outside the pack!

They don't hate other people that much, just the twins, they even complimented Jill in one of those website clips. Well and they helped Heave get their bottle (clue), so they can't be 'that' bad right? Well did you see that hug Jill gave Aaron? Would that even happen if they were the villains? OK maybe she would, but that doesn't serve my purpose, so take it that they're nice. OK?

Well for those of you (horrible mean people) who say Aaron is very discouraging, he did tell Arianne she 'did a great job' after soccer...

And the smirk at the elimination of Heave. Well, OK, it was a terrible thing to do, but well, I forgive them coz at least they tried to hide it! It really would be strange if something like that happened and the team that stayed in didn't look happy or something.

The twins, didn't they say that alliances were stupid, that they would drag others down, that they would all look very foolish, in that web clip? And so immediately after that interview they wind up in an alliance of their own, OK they didn't mention the word 'alliance', but let's see...

Allaince = "Aligning with the brothers" = "Working together" = "Cooperating"

The brothers aren't too nice with the couples either! "Let them get tired" in that horrible (whatever adjective you use) expression and smug look doesn't come to me as very friendly.

So get rid of your double standards and love the Aamazing Couple forever!

Oops looks like I got too carried away. (Ducks in 'anticipation' of flaming)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au TAR Junkie 10-26-02 1
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Serendipity 10-26-02 2
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Chrissy gal 10-26-02 3
 Flaming Flaming Flamin SaphireLady 10-26-02 4
   RE: Flaming Flaming Flamin Chrissy gal 10-26-02 5
       RE: Flaming Flaming Flamin Esbea 10-27-02 7
           Esbea SaphireLady 10-30-02 18
       Ms. Chrissy Gal's post SaphireLady 10-30-02 17
           RE: Ms. Chrissy Gal's post Sorry SaphireLady 10-30-02 19
               RE: Ms. Chrissy Gal's post Chrissy gal 10-31-02 21
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au TAR Junkie 10-27-02 6
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Esbea 10-27-02 8
   RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au managerr 10-28-02 9
       RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Esbea 10-28-02 10
       RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Serendipity 10-28-02 11
           RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au managerr 10-29-02 12
               RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Esbea 10-29-02 14
               RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au carrotz 10-31-02 22
                   RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au managerr 10-31-02 23
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au GTmike 10-29-02 13
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au sjunkim 10-30-02 15
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Kantakit 10-30-02 16
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au MsShel330 10-30-02 20
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au SaphireLady 10-31-02 24
 RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au Survivorchick 11-03-02 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-26-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR%20Junkie Click to send private message to TAR%20Junkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Doublemint and Gherkin don't have an alliance, rather they are adopting a spirit of cooperation in defense from the others. You'll notice that Doublemint waited for the Gherkins when there was very little time separating the two teams. Once the last leg got really going there wasn't that much going on between them. If they had a real alliance they would have finished one-two but that wasn't the case.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-26-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Yes, they do seem to be getting along with some of the other teams at the pit stops. Of course, that was before those teams knew what was being said about them on camera. Wouldn't it be interesting to be sitting with Michael when he heard Arianne call him a coward, etc., etc., etc.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-26-02, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Well... I loved their Ag/Au T-shirts! *singing* "One is silver and the other gold."

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-26-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Flaming Flaming Flamin"
You are really trying hard to make this team likeable. You failed. They SUCK!!!!! They are RUDE. They are obnoxious. And yes they may occassionally say thank you and please but on the whole have absolutely nothing nice to say about anybody else but themselves. There so called aliance, I have even seen them diss them so don't try to tell me they are good.

Best bet for you, go review tapes again with out the rose colored glasses.

10-26-02, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Flaming Flaming Flamin"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-02 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

Thread: If you need a contract lawyer, call Heather and Eve!
Author: SaphireLady
Statement: "First of all I find it rather rude to be that hard on people you do not know."

Hmm... Fanatics Forum vs. Bashers Forum?!?

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Flaming Flaming Flamin"
LMAO!! Sorry to say it, SL, but it appears that youre busted...

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

10-30-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Esbea"
Howdy, I think I am on the fence. I don't think I have crossed over. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it, LOL.
I always enjoy reading your post.

Have a good one.

10-30-02, 09:38 PM (EST)
17. "Ms. Chrissy Gal's post"
I don't know you personally, but you can bet that what I do know about you is not nice. I did not make a personal attack on you, but you did. In fact, you have been internet stalking me. Great, did not know I had such an influence over people, power, yeah, love it.

Now that I have that somewhat out of my system, not really but will try to contain my out and out pity for someone who has nothing better to do but watch my post to see if I make a mistake. Guess you need more to do in your real life, sorry your life is so bad. If making fun of me will make you feel better, then go for it. After all, it is just words and I frankly don't have to time to go from post to post watching who post what to see if I can catch them at something.

As for my comments on the AA team, I stand by them. I don't know them either but I know their so called game face. And while Ian is the king of jerks, they are the king and queen of mean. They have nothing nice to say about anyone and that is on the show. The harvard girls were attacked on a personal level and they were saying they were a horrible showing of Harvard and how stupid they were. I defended their right to make a mistake and that mistake does not make them dumb or make Harvard look bad. Cause unless you are God, you are not perfect either.

The double A's however have showed us nothing but mean comments about everyone else, that is mean. Nothing redeeming about it. Can not gloss it over as they did not mean it, they were just venting, blah blah blah.

If you can not see that difference then that is your problem and your right. After all that is what makes the world go round is different opinions and beliefs. I do not think I backtracked on my belief is this is a show and not real but I do believe I may be on the edge of that darn wall or fence. After all I am human too, so therefore not perfect.

10-30-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Ms. Chrissy Gal's post Sorry"
That was uncalled for from me and I am sorry. That hurt. I went off and should have kept me fingers quiet. For that I apologize. While I stand by the post for what it says, I could have stated my opinion in a more nonjudgemental way or kept my fingers to myself. That stated, I am sorry for hurting feelings and being rude.

10-31-02, 01:46 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Ms. Chrissy Gal's post"
I'm sorry that I upset you so much. I have never "stalked" anyone and am quite suprised by your accusation. I just found it odd that you were repremanding someone for bashing on the basher's board. Then shortly after that you bashed someone on the fanatic's board.

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-27-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR%20Junkie Click to send private message to TAR%20Junkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
While AA aren't exactly loved on this board they have a long way to go to catch up with the hatred for Team Guido. Even Twill didn't reach that level although they came VERY close. I think that the big difference was that Team Guido are very intelligent and knew exactly what they were doing while Will was obnoxious, dumb and even pathetic at times. AA aren't anywhere near the same league as Team Guido. They're dull, irritating and not too bright. As much as I hate Arrianne I think that Ian is the worst of the lot.

10-27-02, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
I just CANNOT share the love here. I think they are snarky and feel superior. I even like Ian better than this team, mostly because I think that Ian doesnt realize what an ass he comes off as, and they know full well that theyre being nasty. As to their "manners", I dont think its ok to shite on someones plate and then say "excuse me".
And it was stated that no one was even talking to the twins at the pit stops anymore, so that doesnt sound like interaction to me. At any rate, theyre making the classic mistake of focusing on another team while thier "race" swirls in the bowl. I just hope we hear a big flushing noise in the near future.
(that being said, I think theyre our new villains so theyll be around for a bit longer)

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-28-02, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Since this is the Fanatics board, I too will say that I heart Au & Ag. I love their snarkiness, mainly because the things they have been saying about the other teams I find true for the most part. They do feel Superior to most teams because they are Superior to most of the teams in this race. They are two outgoing Type A personalities that would do whatever it takes to win this race.

10-28-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Superior in what sense? They are only in the race now due to Heaves penalty.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-02, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Why yes!! They are so Superior that they are in the Superior Last Place spot.

10-29-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Oh please, standings mean nothing at this point in the game.
The fact that they were able to survive due to another team's stupidity is just another example of their gameplaying superiority.

Unlike other contestants who did themselves in, they just got a bad cab. Not much they could do there. Let's revisit this thread when AA are in the Final 4.

10-29-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
didnt they also get lost on the walk? and standing would have meant alot, had Heave not taken that cab.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

carrotz 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carrotz Click to send private message to carrotz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Are you one of them? Seriously, i dun c why anyone would pity them. They are just conniving beings, who dun give a damn of others and badmouths them. And yes, they are surviving on other groups' bad luck, but they aren't too far away. Final 4? You can only hope.

10-31-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
How are they conniving? Other than talk bad about someone in *confessional* and forming an alliance (whick quickly dissolved)--what have they done that are evil?

The crying last night was pathetic though. At least Arianne didn't pull an Ian or Flo.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
I too like Ag/Au. They crack me up. They bring wit and a bit of sarcasm in the show that no one else does. Everyone else just wines or says stupid things. I think some of the things that they say are rude or mean but hey, they are entertaining. It is probably all in the heat of the moment type stuff. Plus, they are best friends so they are more able to be uninhibited and less PC. I do hope that they do well and move up in the race. Plus the shirts they started the race out with were hilarious!! I bet more than half of America didn't get the joke with their shirts.

Happy Halloween

sjunkim 124 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sjunkim Click to send private message to sjunkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Here is my take on this...

Pre-race i've chose AA dn Flo and Zach as part of my top 3 team league and I have to say after the first few episodes I hate Flo and Zach. I mean Zach seems so whipped its not even funny...

I'm probably REALLY biased but I don't see much wrong with AA, they are much more likeable then a lot of teams... Derek and Drew for example, I'll be disgusted if these guys win, just because I don't want the two young males to dominate... Teri and Ian, they don't seem that bad, and I think that they might be around for awhile, as long as they keep their head in the game. I think thats what I like so much about TAR... there isn't a certain type of super team. and Age doesn't seem to matter much. Look at Guido for example, they were 50 something and they would have won tar if not for a stupid little bus ride...

Ken and Gerard and John Vito and Jill (these especially) seem like really nice teams...

I really want John Vito and Jill to win now.... though I won't lose faith in AA until they actually get elimianted

Did go off topic a little bit but bottomline Aaron and Arianne kick ass!

Kantakit 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kantakit Click to send private message to Kantakit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
Harlow!!!!!!!!!! Did you see the silly smirk on Adrianne's face when she knows sheis in and they are out. Can't forgive her for that. Episode 4 was the worst I have watched. To think that they are out and in again. Almost popped my champagne.

When she wa guarding the goal post, she could hardly hold herself properly with arm dangling like a gorilla. Harlow!!!!! This is soccer not circus!!!!!

Their nose especially hers is up in the air all the time hurling sarcastic remarks endlessly.

Come on!!! Behave!!!!!!!!!

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
I dislike A/A even more now. Aaron is so weak. I initially voted for them to win it all but now I wonder if they have the guts to go all the way. Aaron crying by the side of the road is a new low.

10-31-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
My dislike of the double A's is still there. However, have to say that his crying by the side of the road, while futile, was at least a show of being human. Men forget, but women know, that crying can be a stress reliever. It helps us release emotions so that when the crying is over we are ready to deal with the problem and move on. At least the tears in the kind of situation they were on the side of the road. I know, there are all kinds of tears and crying, but you ladies know which kind I am talking about. After his stress level lowered he was better able to handle the situation and to even joke so that showed that I am right on this one.

That being said, hope they get eliminated next week.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-03-02, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mad Appeal for Love for Ag/Au"
I am a fan of Ag/Au!

I was watching this show with my Mom the other day. She can't stand AA. She's cheering for the twins. I was trying to explain how the double-hot-young-males have won all the previous amazing races. She didn't get it. If I was on this show, I'd be after the twins too. I think AA are good-natured laid back people and I bet I'd like them a lot in real life. Occassionally they may have made a rude or arrogant comment, but IMHO they are mostly encouraging and having fun. I want to see them go all the way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •