The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 04:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Walk Means Walk Out of the Game

edited to fix what to do.

There is not much that I can say. I am pretty shocked about what happened this evening. At first I was shocked at Heave's lack of ability to understand words and the english language. Then I was shocked that they got booted (I thought that the teams were farther apart). I was o.k. until I checked the scoring for tonight's Anti-Eliminee and then I was in for a real shock. In fact, I didn't even bother scoring people. I just checked for who didn't put down Heather and Eve on their safe lists!!!!

I have heard from a few of you and you all make good points. I am not going to change the rules. Unfortunately, we were all risky and wagered too many people and we have fallen for evil MB's friends in the editing room (I can't think of Phil as evil). Good luck to those that are left.

Congrats go to buckeyegirl, ShowMeTheWinner, zahadumguy, Keae, managerr, & GreatDarkSpot for keeping Heather and Eve off of their safe lists!!!

I didn't really bother scoring everyone but zahadumguy was the only one to guess that no one would go for the fast forward this week(based on people that are still in the game).

No safe people got that John V. would say the quote tonight.

A short welcome and bye-bye go to Kpod and SeaVisionBurma for joining our game.

Big losers this week were 1)ME!!! I'm sorry for all of the mistakes w/the scoring. I looked over all of the scores for all of the weeks and was ready to post updates scores tonight. Thanks for keeping me on my toes. 2)EVERYONE that picked Heather and Eve tonight.

Bonus Pts

Again, if you can tell who said the quote for week 5: "**waiting for the quote to come out--will edit when I get the quote from SB**" you win 3pts.

And now the Scores:
1 - buckeyegirl (30)
2 - zahadumguy(30)
3 - ShowMeTheWinner(23)
4 - GreatDarkSpot(22)
5 - managerr(17)
6 - Keae(12)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... railfan 10-24-02 1
 A modest proposal sittem 10-24-02 2
   RE: A modest proposal GTmike 10-24-02 3
       The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee Game TeamJoisey 10-24-02 7
           RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee ... Survivorerist 10-24-02 8
           RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee ... Esbea 10-24-02 9
           RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee ... smiles 10-25-02 12
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... Esbea 10-24-02 4
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... Strider 10-24-02 5
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... katem 10-24-02 6
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... Neobie 10-25-02 10
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... Strider 10-25-02 11
 No new game GTmike 10-28-02 13
   RE: No new game GeorgiaBelle 10-28-02 15
 Quote for Week 5 GTmike 10-28-02 14
 My Wk5picks buckeyegirl 10-29-02 16
   RE: My Wk5picks managerr 10-29-02 17
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... ShowMeTheWinner 10-30-02 18
 Wk5picks Keae 10-30-02 19
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... managerr 10-30-02 20
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... zahadumguy 10-30-02 21
   RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... buckeyegirl 10-30-02 22
 RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5... zahadumguy 10-31-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-02, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Is there a bigger loser this week than me

I voted Heave off in Spoilers, left them off my safe list here when posting picks earlier in the week, then came in here last night and edited picks to include them as safe.

Shoulda heard me at the end of the show last night (well, maybe you shouldn't have, especially if you have tender ears!)

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-02, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A modest proposal"
I know you're not asking for input from losers like me, but here's my thoughts anyway.

We are losers and under the rules (Heave - there are rules that govern games and you really do need to play by them!!) we are out. While that only leaves six players, dem's da breaks. So let's not change the rules.

But, we could amend the rules and begin the ABL (Anti-bootee Losers). Here, those who put the loser on a safe list would get increasingly higher penalties - say 10 points against this week, 12 next, 14, etc. Everyone could stay in the game (if they continued to make picks - if not they are out). You could do all of this on one thread or maybe it would be easier to maintain the points with two threads. The ABL's would need to be sure to post on the right thread.

I admit to wanting to stay in the game, but having an ABL would still allow me to do that but not violate the original rules.

One other thought - it might even be intersting to have an ABPABL (Anti-bootee players anti-bootee league) where the losers get to have safe lists naming the AB remaining players as we watch their lists be posted.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

10-24-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A modest proposal"
sittem, I thought about possibly doing an AE loser boot game. This is what ended up happening in the mole version of the game after we lost about half our players after the mole's first real show(not re-airing). We ran the game where no one was booted off, but lost a consideral amount of points for picking the person leaving that week. Right now I will just stick with the fact that we all got canned. If someone else wanted to host the AEL, I would be o.k. with that. If a lot of people wanted me to do something like that I would think about it. I do think that the ABPABL possiblility is a pretty funny idea though.

I am still in mourning of all of our losses.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-24-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee Game"

>If someone else wanted to
>host the AEL, I would
>be o.k. with that.
>If a lot of people
>wanted me to do something
>like that I would think
>about it.

I'm another who had four absolute locks on my list... and I chose to add a fifth team, Heather and Eve, at the last moment because I thought I needed the points. As soon as I clicked it in, I regretted it, but didn't want to go edit them out.

Now I feel stupid. Really stupid.

Stupid enough to say this:

If anyone wants to play, and if everyone agrees, I will keep scores for those of us "Heaved Out" of Mike's Anti-Eliminee game. Mike can continue to score the real game, for those smarter than the rest of us. Of course, if Mike wants to do both, more power to him.

And to start the "Heaved Out" game, I would propose using last week's scores, adding in the points for the safe teams, adding in the FF and quote points, and having NO penalty for Heave's departure. Since we all have that wrong, there's no point in penalizing everyone. We can just move on from here.

I also think that each successive episode should have a large point penalty if you protect the eliminated team. That way none of us are eliminated, we just sink lower in the standings. It also welcomes in the players who may fall out of the original game.
How about this penalty for protecting the wrong team: 10 points for episode 5, 11 for episode 6, 12 for episode 7, and so on.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-24-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee Game"
Hey TJ, I never joined the game, but if you want, I would be more than willing to keep the scores for the Heaved Out Game. That is, unless you or Mike or someone more qualified wants to take charge of it

(Another IceCat original )

The Top 5 FLL Castaways

1. Neleh Dennis (11 weeks at #1)
2. Colby Donaldson (5 weeks at #1)
3. Amber Brkich (4 weeks at #1)
3. Lex Van Den Burghe (4 weeks at #1)
5. Elisabeth Filarski (3 weeks at #1)

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee Game"
Id play....and I LOVE the name....

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The "Heaved Out" Anti-Eliminee Game"
I'll play!! That sounds great! I wish I would be able to keep score, but I don't have enough time. I am willing to give the scorekeeper a pat of the back, every so often. *pat pat*

I can't believe Heave is gone! I haven't even watched yet. (I spent Wednesday night driving 8 hours to make it to a 10am funeral then Thursday night driving back home)So I can't wait to watch tonight!!!!

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
CRAPCRAP AND DOUBLECRAP!!! I was so excited when I got the quote right! and believe it or not, I nearly left Heave off my safe list......nearly.
ANYWAY, I dont think you should change the rules either. Congrats to the ones that are still in!
Im gonna go cry in the corner now....(okay, well, Heave is out, so I wont be cryin too hard)

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Son of a ....

On my sheet where I was deciding who to pick as safe, I have four very large dots next to Flozach, AA, Gerken, and Twinbots, and one very, very, very small dot next to Heave. I guess that teaches me a lesson.

It scares me that two lawyers from Harvard can fail to correctly interpret "walk to the pitstop" given a rule book with clear definitions.

Strider

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-24-02, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Mike, I know that you are in mourning. But THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!! Even if the rest of us don't have a chance to win the game, UNTIL, the six left screw up and then anyone can win.

I know you are discouraged, but you should tally up the scores anyway, give all of us a 10 point penalty for putting Heave on the list and then make TWO standings. One for the six remaining players and then another for the losers.

Think about it. You have a few days still. If you decide to do this, you will have to inform us all that the game continues.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-02, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
(Pouting in the corner)

Or should we just require all of the remaining six (congrats) to put down some teams every week and when all six are gone or something restart the game?

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Strider Click to send private message to Strider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Just my opinion...

We knew the rules, we followed the rules, we're out. It takes away from the excitement of this game and future anti-eliminee contests if we conjure a new system to keep us in the game. If we want to design a different game in the future that has a different scoring system, then so be it, but elimination is what this game is about. I also believe that if we do continue this game or design a new game with big penalty points instead of elimination, it would be too much like the PTTE game. I liked having the anti-eliminee game and the PTTE game both because they are totally different. But there's no sense in having two games running that differentiated only in their scoring systems.

If we were all elminated from the race, I'd say keep going and call it overtime. But there's still six people in our race, and they should have the honor of continuing without us.

Strider

10-28-02, 01:55 AM (EST)
13. "No new game"
I thought about this and I have decided that I am not going to make a new game or a losers game. I know that some were interested in doing this but I decided against it. Although I never thought that almost all of the people would go in one fell swoop, the game was called anti-eliminee. You picked who wouldn't go or you were eliminated. CBS said that this would be a surprising week. A lot of us didn't want to believe them. We all just got busted by the AR editors. Hats off to them.

By doing a losers game, we cheapen what the original AE game was about. Be risky and move up in points or be cautious and have a low score but have a guarantee that you would be there the next week.

Also, a new game would add three games that I would be hosting and that is a little more than I could handle. I do want to thank everyone for signing up and playing. I loved seeing 39 people playing this game!!!! AR4 is casting and taping now so soon we will have a new game and a new opportunity to play. To the six that remain. GOOD LUCK!!! This week looks to be another weird one to spoil!

Thanks for playing!!

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-28-02, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: No new game"
Thank you for posting your decision Mike. You truly are my favorite Yellow Jacket.

*Belle knows that Mike is a lot of fun to chat with*

Wherever shall I go whatever shall I do.

10-28-02, 01:58 AM (EST)
14. "Quote for Week 5"
Hey y'all,
Bonus quote for week five. Sorry I took so long to find it. Name who said it for the +3 to the score:
"What Happens If I Slip? Am I Just Hanging Off a Cliff?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "My Wk5picks"

I've decided to take the plunge and list my week 5 picks.
Safe:
Jack and Jill
Gherkin
Doublemints
A-Mon
Michael/Kathy (I flipped a coin to see if I should keep this team or not.)
This week was the hardest one yet to pick!!!
Quote: Aaron (spelled?)
FF: AA

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-29-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: My Wk5picks"
Time for those of us who are in it to take a look at the standings.

1 - buckeyegirl (30)
2 - zahadumguy(30)
3 - ShowMeTheWinner(23)
4 - GreatDarkSpot(22)
5 - managerr(17)
6 - Keae(12)

Buckeyegirl and Zahadumguy are waaaay out in front of the rest of us. For thos of us who are in the back of the pack, it will be a tough job to catch up to them. Fortunately, the two of them also have to race each other, so they can't afford to be too conservative and just sit on their lead and pick one or two teams every week.

What we need is an anti-twin (er anti-buekeye/zaha) alliance! It's very important that for now everyone who is in the Bottom 4 actually stay in the contest--so make your picks strategically and be sure that they only include a subset of BuckeyeGirl/Zahdumguy's picks. We need to take them out! (Hopefully at the same time)

Yes, I know, it's a very Aaron/Arianne thing to do, especially so such sweet/veteran posters, but last week's shocker presented us with a lot more intimate competition--it's time to get down and dirty!

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-30-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Didn't spend too much time surfing the net this week so I hope I'm up to date with everything.

Safe:
Ken/Gerard
Derek/Drew
John Vito/Jill
Andre/Damon

Quote: Flo/Zach
FF: None

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

Keae 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Keae Click to send private message to Keae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Wk5picks"
Andre/Damon
Derek/Drew
John Vito/Jill
Ken/Gerard

Title: Flo/Zach

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-30-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Safe:
Ken/Gerard
Derek/Drew
John Vito/Jill

Quote: Flo/Zach
FF: None

zahadumguy 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-30-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zahadumguy Click to send private message to zahadumguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Really didn't mean to make my picks this late!

Anywho, I think it's an elimination night, so I won't list everyone!

Safe list:

Flo/Zack
Derek/Drew
Andre/Damon
Teri/Ian

That's it!

Quote: Derek/Drew

FF = I'll pass on selecting this week.

Good luck guys and gals

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
That's the last time I choose anything by flipping a coin. Good luck to everyone who's left in the game.

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

zahadumguy 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-02, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zahadumguy Click to send private message to zahadumguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: AR Anti-Eliminee Wk4results/Wk5picks/What to do??"
Good! Never wanted to be in the front this early. Now it's a race! Congrads to the new front runner, and let that be a lesson to the rest in the game!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •