The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff's final chat"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-01, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff's final chat"
Well, there wasn't much help in Jeff's chat spoilerwise, but I have sort of self-assigned the role of chat reporter to myself so here we go.

- Jeff didn't name any friends.
- If Kucha were still the dominant tribe, it would be helpful to know that: Nick was in the JA alliance, and they were pulling Mike in. Elisabeth voted in tune with the alliance. Rodger was viewed as the Kucha father. Nick isn't lazy at all. But this stuff isn't very helpful since Ogakor is the dominant tribe.

This is reconfirmation of the turn of phrase another poster listed as local hearsay (last thing Jeff said):

Keep watching the show! It gets really interesting! Cross your fingers and hope Jerri goes home Wednesday night! <laughs>

Jeff working for MB here to talk the show up? A sign Jerri goes home soon (I'm sure it's kucha this week, but later?) or not till the end?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff's final chat DivaByTheSea 03-13-01 1
   The Jerri thing dangerkitty 03-13-01 2
       RE: The Jerri thing jkkeller 03-13-01 3
           RE: The Jerri thing Kokoro 03-14-01 5
       RE: The Jerri thing Play2Survive 03-14-01 12
       RE: The Jerri thing Loree 03-14-01 21
 You missed one "spoiler", jtmorgan.... sleeeve 03-14-01 4
   RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home Outfrontgirl 03-14-01 6
       RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home Minstrel 03-14-01 7
       RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home samiam 03-14-01 13
   RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmor... SurvivinDawg 03-14-01 8
   RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmor... rulldawg 03-14-01 11
   RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmor... Play2Survive 03-14-01 14
   Kimmi no likey ranch? LowRent 03-14-01 19
 RE: Jeff's final chat janisella 03-14-01 9
   RE: Jeff's final chat aymelek 03-14-01 10
       RE: Jeff's final chat Lisapooh 03-14-01 15
           RE: Jeff's final chat Superman 03-14-01 18
               RE: Jeff's final chat Kokoro 03-14-01 22
       What if Mike was lying??? shakes the clown 03-14-01 17
           RE: What if Mike was lying??? aymelek 03-14-01 20
               RE: What if Mike was lying??? shakes the clown 03-14-01 23
 Jeff on Regis and Kelly PepeLePew13 03-14-01 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
I have two theories on the whole 'jerri' thing now...
1.) Jerri is the winner. They keep setting her up as "the new JR Ewing." So many references to Rich Hatch as "JR Ewing" from last time, and still in all press he gets. Jerri gets refered to the same way. For instance, even the People special refers to her as that. If not the winner, she goes to the end.
2.) Maybe she really does go really, really soon.

It's becoming one of those blatantly obvious things--either MB is trying to make us all hate her, b/c she wins, or setting up the whole build up around her b/c she doesn't.

Argh. This Survivor makes my head hurt.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-13-01, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The Jerri thing"
Congratulations on #100 DAW post, Diva!!

About "the Jerri thing": Looking far, FAR ahead, as we know MB must be, there are 2 more Survivors planned. The general feel I get from the board, and tell me if this sounds right, is that we will be bummed if Jerri wins not only because we hate her, but because it will be "just like SI". And if that is the viewers feeling, it will be less interesting to look forward to SIII. There just has to be a change-up in this. Set us up to think, oh we've seen this before, here it comes, and then we get surprised. THEN we would look to SIII with a sense of,ok what's next? He got me on both SI and SII! I would see MB more as using our expectation and thinking we know his style, so that it is more of a surprise when she goes.

I know this isn't a brand-new idea, it just seems relevant here to bring it up. And, I am correct in the general feeling of "if it's Jerri, it's the same old story of SI"?

dk

jkkeller 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-01, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkkeller Click to send private message to jkkeller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Jerri thing"
I'm kind of torn on this one. Yes, if Jerri were to win SII, it could probably be seen as the "bad guy" winning again.

But, they're not exactly the same quality of "bad guy". Richard was kind of a slimy, manipulative sort, who lied, twisted, and played with people to his own advantage.

Jerri's just a #####.

Yes, it would be nice to have a change of pace. Let good-natured Elisabeth win. Let buffed-out Colby or Alicia win. Let Rodger surprise everyone by winning. But, the simple fact is, Richard played the game perfectly in S1. And, for as much as every player in the game appears to hate Jerri, she remains in the outback. Unless some of the "less evil" players learn to play a little shrewder, and messier... we're probably going to continue to see the slimeballs steal the day!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-01, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Jerri thing"
I doubt it....there's a quote somewhere (I don't feel like looking it up, but I'm sure someone will know exactly where it's from ;) where MB says people will be happy about the outcome.
Hopfully it's not a blatant lie....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-01, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Jerri thing"
I agree with you Dangerkitty. Jerri winning would most likely ruin Survivor - and I mean this from a marketing angle. MB knows this. If Jerri had won, he would not have shown us the Jerri America loves to hate. MB is not stupid, which makes me 99.99994% sure Jerri does not win.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Jerri thing"
I agree with dangerkitty. MB would never let the most hated person win twice. It would turn off the viewers. Jerri might very well last a long time in the game. But we will get the payoff when she is booted. Then we will be happy with almost anyone that wins. As long as it isn't Jerri.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-14-01, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "You missed one "spoiler", jtmorgan..."
In his final chat, Jeff says:
"Kimmi had no idea what she had done by telling Tina about that vote. I confronted her on the airplane from Sydney back to L.A. She was initially shocked, then she thought it was funny. And she laughed at the fact that she was able to get us back by speaking from the grave."

Jeff says "get US back" ...as in more than one person is hurt by Kimmi... therefore, I think this implies that a Kucha MUST be voted out this week... there is someone else that is hurt along with Jeff, and the only way for this to be true is if the Ogas stick together at least one more week...

After that, we don't know anything from the chat, and I think most of us thought they'd stick together anyway, but Jeff inadvertently confirmed this...

----------------------------------------
Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss, and Michigan St.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home"
thanks for chat summary; it's appreciated!
So Jeff, Kimmi, and Debb were on same flight home? I wonder if Alicia and Jeff were on different flights, so that Jeff confronted and patched up with Kimmi, whereas Alicia who "can't be in the same room with Kimmi" still blames her for letting Ogakor get the majority? Maybe Alicia was in another row wagging her finger, but then she might have wagged it at Jeff too.
Maybe Alicia and Jerri flew home together and that's how they bonded. Or Jeff and Mitchell formed a cheerleader/songleader pair in bootee camp and then brought their best girls into the circle, and Jerri and Alicia don't have to bond in Oz in order to party together? Because I think Jerri lasts longer and that they couldn't camp together too long without hating each other.

Seriously, I miss Jeff's sardonic narration. I wanted him to stay around--so much that I kept all my Market Echo stock in him in the face of all the evidence he was out of there.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-14-01, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home"
I don't have any confirmation except to say that Jerri didn't take the same flight home as she stayed an extra week, and Mike may have taken a different flight. But I would imagine, that everyone left OZ together for probably Sydney and got on the same plane to LA (where they left from). But I could be wrong. It's just I remember something about S1 doing the same thing. Yet, this time, MB didn't want them talking amongst themselves before they stepped off the plane as we saw in E1.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jeff's chat: plane ride home"
Mike said in one of his post-show interviews that all 16 castaways flew home together, that MB wanted it that way. So if we believe Mike, then Jerri did NOT stay an extra week (unless she turned around in LA and flew back to OZ) and she lied to her mom (oh yeah, like THAT's so hard to believe), and everyone would have had time to chat and whatnot on the way home if they chose...or plenty of time to wag fingers at each other if they chose

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmorgan..."
I think "get US back" refers to the Kucha tribe. Kimmi did not like being a part of the Kucha tribe, as was shown on the program. Not that she was trying to sabatoge them on purpose, but she wasn't that strong team player and she didn't see Mike get burned.

Therefore, when told what her big mouth did, personal liking for Jeff caused her to be shocked at what happened to him, but then her revenge-for-voting-me-off feelings took over and she laughed about it. Jeff, seeing that Kimmi didn't intend to cause the harm, didn't hold it against her. Alicia and Kimmi didn't get along from Minute One, apparently, so their dislike for one another is deeper and longer lasting.

rulldawg 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-01, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rulldawg Click to send private message to rulldawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmorgan..."
I'm pretty sure Jeff was the last one to actually leave the outback until the show's end. They said that those kicked out after this point would remain in Austrailia, so I doubt the "US" means anything.

>In his final chat, Jeff says:
>
>"Kimmi had no idea what she
>had done by telling Tina
>about that vote. I confronted
>her on the airplane from
>Sydney back to L.A. She
>was initially shocked, then she
>thought it was funny. And
>she laughed at the fact
>that she was able to
>get us back by speaking
>from the grave."
>
>Jeff says "get US back" ...as
>in more than one person
>is hurt by Kimmi... therefore,
>I think this implies that
>a Kucha MUST be voted
>out this week... there is
>someone else that is hurt
>along with Jeff, and the
>only way for this to
>be true is if the
>Ogas stick together at least
>one more week...
>
>After that, we don't know anything
>from the chat, and I
>think most of us thought
>they'd stick together anyway, but
>Jeff inadvertently confirmed this...
>
>----------------------------------------
>Final Four: UCLA, Stanford, Ole Miss,
>and Michigan St.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-01, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: You missed one "spoiler", jtmorgan..."
>
>Jeff says "get US back" ...as
>in more than one person
>is hurt by Kimmi... therefore,
>I think this implies that
>a Kucha MUST be voted
>out this week...

I read that quote differently. To me, "Get us back" refers to the "us" that voted for Kimmi. The fact is all of them were hurt by Jeff being voted off. I don't think it confirms that Kuchas will be voted out. But they probably will.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-01, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Kimmi no likey ranch?"
Wait a minute..Kimmi & Jeff didn't talk until the plane ride home? Wouldn't they have been together at the loser "ranch" and had plenty of time to reminisce?

This leads me to 2 conclusions:

1: Kimmi must not have spent much time at the ranch after being booted. She seems like a city girl to me and I suspect she wanted to leave the outback for the safety of Sidney (and a nice clean hotel) ASAP. Has she ever discussed what she did or with whom after being booted?

2: After being booted, contestants are given enough freedom to move about the country, shop, travel, sightsee etc. as long as they returned in time for the flight home to the states. This would explain Deb's travel & Jerri's shopping excursions. The ranch is just one of the options given to contestants for accomodations.

p.s. I believe Michael's statement regarding all 16 contestants leaving on the same flight. It seems the most logical, and Michael would not LIE!!!

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-14-01, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
JT, I just wanted to thank you for offering to be the final chat reporter. Those of us who can't see these types of things live rely on people like you to let us know what happened so we can derive whatever clues there might be.

Thanks again.

J.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-01, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-01 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

In Mike's final chat, he said they ALL took the same flight home, so the rumor that Jerri stayed an extra week in Australia to shop is bung. She may have gotten on another flight once they reached the US to fool her family/us into thinking she won (by spending all that time shopping), but she was on the flight like everyone else.

Michael Skupin's words: "To maintain the integrity of the game, all 16 of us flew over together and flew home together. So if you were eliminated from the competition, Survivor paid for you to travel around Australia and paid for all of your expenses. I personally spent 10 days in the hospital and the last 10 days, I spent traveling with the aid of a Survivor staff member."

This can be found on CBS's website on his final words page.

Edited to include quote.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-01 AT 09:36 AM (EST)

I think the Jerri shopping thing might just be an misunderstanding between mother and daughter. I think Jerri maybe said she stayed a week after she was done (meaning after she was booted and before the plane ride home) rather than after shooting completed. This puts her out like six days before the end. I don't know what bootee that would make her but it's just a feasible as anything else. she could still shop/sitesee/ and be back for TC or whatever.

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
I tend to think the entire Jerri shopping thing is being overlooked, too. Read the article and notice that she brought her mother WRAPPED PRESENTS that she can't open until AFTER THE SHOW AIRS.

This is important because of the reunion show on Survivor I. Recall that Kelly and Rich brought Rudy a WRAPPED PRESENT. His Rowdy Rudy's Diner crosstich thingy.

Jerri goes far.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-14-01, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jeff's final chat"
<<I tend to think the entire Jerri shopping thing is being overlooked, too>>

Overlooked? This (well the wrapped present part anyway ;) is the only reason I think Jerri is going to make it to the end.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Kimmi! Get back here!

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "What if Mike was lying???"
>In Mike's final chat, he said
>they ALL took the same
>flight home, so the rumor
>that Jerri stayed an extra
>week in Australia to shop
>is bung.
>
>Michael Skupin's words: "To maintain the
>integrity of the game, all
>16 of us flew over
>together and flew home together.

.....we have to consider the possibility that "to protect the integrity of the game" Mike lied about everyone coming home together in order cover up for any contestants who stayed longer to tour Australia since they didn't get the chance since they were in the game a long time.

...his "integrity of the game" statement seems forced and kind of thrown in there for no real reason.....could he have been coached to say that prior to his chat???

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-01, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What if Mike was lying???"
Hmmm, good point, but I dunno. I think Mike is a man with high integrity & was never shown as someone who would lie about anything (lying's a sin, you know!). It makes more sense that he would just leave out that part or wouldn't talk about it in the first place rather than having to lie. And I aslo think that MB wouldn't want to lose control of everyone's comings & goings like that--he knows that any travel by his group OUTSIDE of the group is cause for suspicion, except for the non-jury bootees--they don't know jack anyway.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What if Mike was lying???"
>I think Mike is a
>man with high integrity &
>was never shown as someone
>who would lie about anything
>(lying's a sin, you know!).

...why not!??!! He lied to his family about his burned hands! It has nothing to do with his integrity....he can rationalize it by saying that he is doing it to "protect the integrity of the show" When it's all said and done, has he really told a horrible lie??? No , not at all....no one gets hurt from it, and if anything, he can say that he still "playing the game" as far as helping out w/ his beloved producer's game of mis/disinformation.

You don't think MB lectured them before they even went to Australia about things they would be asked to do or say in order to protect the secret and if anyone has a problem with it, then those people need not apply.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-01, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Jeff on Regis and Kelly"
Did anyone see Jeff on Regis and Kelly show yesterday (Tues)? I missed part of it when I was flipping the channels and happened to run into his sneering mug on that show...

From what I could see, there weren't anything particularly interesting and he seemed a lot less eager to talk about who screwed whom. Then again, I could have missed some really juicy parts from the first part of the interview.

Anything good I might have missed from his appearance on Regis and Kelly?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •