The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I am so scared..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-21-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I am so scared..."
I thought I'd turn to you guys to pour my heart out once again. I'm scared out of my mind. My local doctors can no longer do anything for my mysterious pain (which is on top of my ulcerative colitis) and I'm being sent to the Mayo Clinic.

I am so scared that I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm literally just shaking and nearly in tears at work. I knew that this day was coming (the final decision to send me there) but never knew it would affect me like this.

When I go to Mayo they are going to try to figure out what my mystery pain is and I'm also going in for a consult to have my colon removed. Merry Christmas Tinkerbell!

Tinkerbell - could use a few hugs

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I am so scared... Schnookie Palookie 11-21-03 1
 RE: I am so scared... ExInterper 11-21-03 2
 RE: I am so scared... Esbea 11-21-03 3
 *hugs* moonbaby 11-21-03 4
 RE: I am so scared... blacknwhitedog 11-21-03 5
  Breezy 11-21-03 6
 RE: I am so scared... Tiger Lily 11-21-03 7
 RE: I am so scared... chuckles1877 11-21-03 8
 RE: I am so scared... Sonny_Crockett 11-21-03 9
   RE: I am so scared... ginger 11-21-03 10
 Hugs Devious Weasel 11-21-03 11
   RE: Hugs Sunny_Bunny 11-21-03 12
 {{{HUGS}}} L82LIFE 11-21-03 13
 {{{hugs}}} Swami 11-21-03 14
 RE: I am so scared... SherpaDave 11-21-03 15
 RE: I am so scared... minitroll 11-21-03 16
 RE: I am so scared... PlumBlossom 11-21-03 17
 Hugs survivorscott 11-21-03 18
 ((tinky)) anotherkim 11-21-03 19
 RE: I am so scared... Coconut 11-21-03 20
 *HUGS* LadyT 11-21-03 21
 RE: I am so scared... Sophie 11-21-03 22
 RE: I am so scared... pythonfan 11-22-03 23
 RE: I am so scared... buckeyegirl 11-22-03 24
 BIG hug to Tink DoodleBug 11-22-03 25
 Medical Meccas sleeeve 11-22-03 26
   RE: Medical Meccas Tinkerbell 11-23-03 30
 RE: I am so scared... ashleybfogg 11-22-03 27
 RE: I am so scared... KObrien_fan 11-22-03 28
 RE: I am so scared... RudyRules 11-22-03 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-21-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I am so scared..."
*HUGS* Tink. Try not to be so scared. Try to think positively. That they'll find what is causing the pain and be able to fix it. I'm keeping you in my thoughts sweetie.

ExInterper 3093 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-21-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ExInterper Click to send private message to ExInterper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I am so scared..."
BIIIG Hug.

I echo Schnookie: they'll figure it out. The Mayo Clinic is the best place in the country for stuff like this. You'll come out of this A-OK with some answers. Positive thinking and faith that everything will come out OK are two of the best ways to reinforce what medical science can do for you.

ExI will also add Tinkerbell to his thoughts.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I am so scared..."
What Snookie said. Seriously, The Mayo is one of the best hospitals in the country (if not the world). If anyone can help you, they seem like a great choice. Take some deep breaths..and take everything else one day at a time. I know its tough, but getting yourself all worked up when you dont know whats going to happen cant be good for you. Lean on your parents and your hubby...and us.

*hugs and prayers*

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "*hugs*"
Tink the first thing I did when I read this was check to see where the Mayo Clinic was so I could come visit you. Looks like it isn't in NYC, tho, so I'll just send you all good thoughts and lots of hugs and hope that they help you and heal you.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I am so scared..."
Aw, Tink honey, don't be scared. I just know those doctors at Mayo are going to help you and then you're going to feel better. Saying a prayer for you

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. ""
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Edited to add my *hugs* that didn't show up in the subject line.

Please try not to worry and be upset...that'll makes things worse for you. Smile...breathe deep...relax and collect all your hugs from us.

I was a patient at the Mayo clinic in MN when I was five, went back again when I was 16 for tests. They are wonderful people there. They will take good care of you and help you feel better. Remember to NOT be afraid to ask questions. Ask lots and lots of questions, don't be afraid to ask silly questions, just ask questions so they can reassure you and help you the best that they can.

- on a side note, a coworker here is going thru a mysterious stomach pain thingy... she's been trying all sorts of medication and has been having botox injections also? I think injected in her stomach but not sure.

Tiger Lily 1679 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiger%20Lily Click to send private message to Tiger%20Lily Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I am so scared..."
Tinkerbell, I don't think I've ever talked to you before, but I wanted to give you a *hug* and tell you I will be thinking of you.

Also, I'd like to ask you to follow Nookie's advice and try to think postitively. It really is amazing how your body responds to the thoughts that are in your mind. Your body and immune system become much stronger and willful when you try to empty your mind of fear and other negative thoughts, and focus on hope and happy thoughts. Just remember that you are the one who is in control, not the disease (whatever it may be).

chuckles1877 489 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuckles1877 Click to send private message to chuckles1877 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I am so scared..."
The Mayo Clinic has all the latest equipment and technology--it's not a bad thing to be sent there. It just means your doctors want the most complete medical diagnosis they can get. And the newer the technology, the less pain! They are always working to make testing/diagnosing less painful so you get the best of both worlds: information and comfort. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Festive sig courtesy of the loverly JSlice

Sonny_Crockett 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonny_Crockett Click to send private message to Sonny_Crockett Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I am so scared..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

Many thoughts and prayers go out to you , Tink, Keep your spirits up !

Edited for Ginger who may have interpreted my first message the wrong way.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I am so scared..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-03 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

It's going to be okay, Tinkerbell. And you have the positive energy of a 100 or so assorted DAWs thinking about you and wellwishing you.

The mayo clinic is the finest. And the fact that they have been unable to tell what's going on with you might be considered a positive note in that a lot of the more dreadful conclusions would have been reached by now. You just have something a little more exotic, a little more special.

Go ahead and let yourself be scared if you need - that's not only human, it's healthy. Just keep talking to us and your friends and family - no need to bottle anything up.

Love and thinking very hard, positive thoughts your way.

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Hugs"
It's tough to add to what everyone else said, so just know that you'll remain in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Hugs"
<--(((((Tinkerbelle)))))--> *thats a hug with arms*

Our prayers are with you too Luv. Everything will be fine, you are in good hands.

Ra and Bunny

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "{{{HUGS}}}"
Tink, I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this. Keep your chin up, hon. The Mayo clinic is the best and they'll be able to take care of you really well.

Take care and try to relax. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

L82life

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "{{{hugs}}}"
Tink, Mayo clinic is the best place for diagnoses. They are totally set up to zero in on problems that baffle other places. This is what they are known for and they do it well. I've known docs who worked there and a couple of lab techs too. These guys will study the records & previous test results your own doctors have forwarded before they design your battery of tests. They truly do have some of the best experts in the country on staff and they know how to chase down elusive problems. Go there knowing you will get the best diagnosis possible!

Lots of luck, Sweetie, and lots of love.

Swami

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I am so scared..."
Hugs to you, Tink. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.

Criminals From the Neck UpThe Writers' Rendez-VousSmokeLong Quarterly

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-21-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I am so scared..."
Good luck, and big {{{hugs}}} Tink. The Mayo clinic is the best, and I'm sure they will be able to give you a dignosis.

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-21-03, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I am so scared..."
*HUGS*

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

an IceCat original

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-21-03, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Hugs"
Youll get better and we will cruise tot he Bahamas to celebrate.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "((tinky))"
love to you, honey. I"m so sorry.

--thinking of you

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I am so scared..."
Take good care of yourself *hugs*

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-03, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "*HUGS*"
Take everyone's advice and think positively. Lean on your family, they will help. As well as us.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-21-03, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I am so scared..."
Tink,

I'm so sorry honey! ***HUGS*** If you want to talk, give me a call. Do you still have my number?

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I am so scared..."
(((HUGS))) sweetie. Hnag in there. You're going to a good place - they'll be able to help you, I just know it.

- "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I am so scared..."
{{{{BIG BUCKEYE HUGS TO TINKERBELL}}}}
I've known a lot of people who have gone to the Mayo Clinic for one reason or another, and they only had wonderful things to say about it. I know this doesn't help you, but at least your doctors are sending to people who know their stuff.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I *heart* my J Slice Holiday Creation
Member of the MISTO FOR S.T.O.T.Y! team

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "BIG hug to Tink"
I can only imagine how anxious you must be feeling with this uncertainty. Find comfort in knowing you have friends praying for you.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Medical Meccas"
I used to wonder why all of the best doctors in the world were concentrated at only a few locations in the world.

It didn't make sense.

Shouldn't the doctors be spread out all over so that they could help people whereever they lived?

...so that people wouldn't have to travel to these "Medical Meccas" when they needed help?

...so that people could rest assured that there was a knowledgable doctor in their area waiting to treat them for whatever problem they came in with?

And then I realized why things are the way they are.

By putting the best minds in medicine in just a few locations, it means that when you have a disease that your local doctor cannot treat, you can be sent to one place, and you'll have the world's best care by your side. If anyone in the world has seen your problem before, these doctors have.

Even if no one has heard of it before, these doctors have at their disposal the world's best medicine, the world's best medical equipment, and the world's most knowledgable staff to assist them in curing you.

The world-wide community of doctors in huge... much too large that all of them could be consulted on a case-by-case basis... but the world-wide community of medical experts is actually miniscule. Doctors at these "Medical Meccas" are in constant communication around the world, and once you've been admitted to a renowned medical center, your case will be studied by anyone and everyone in the world until it is understood.

There is a reason why there are only approximately ten hospitals in the entire United States where our President is allowed to go to recieve treatment... and you'll have the fortune of being at one of them.

So being sent to the Mayo clinic is actually a good thing. Instead of being treated by your local doctor, you can now rest assured that you are in the best hands in the world, and a resolution to your problems is undoubtedly around the corner.

We'll all be sending our best wishes your way until you fully recover.

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-03, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Medical Meccas"
Thank you so much EVERYONE for the hugs and good thoughts. I really do appreciate it!!

Sleeeve...thank you so much for these words. It is really scary that you are being told that you are going someplace like Mayo, but you just gave me a whole new perspective. I am VERY lucky that Mayo is only about 3 hours from my home...that and my local doctor actually trianed there and still has two good friends that practice at the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Clinic at Mayo - so hopefully I will get in to see one of them.

I'll keep everyone updated when I get my appointment (they should call me this week and my GI said I should be able to get in within a month - I'm hoping to go before Christmas so that I can use Christmas to think over my decisions - if I have decisions to make).

ashleybfogg 2367 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-22-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ashleybfogg Click to send private message to ashleybfogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I am so scared..."
Love and prayers and energy sent to you, Tink. Gather all your faith, and BREATHE. a lot. If you do not like what you're told, or it doesn't ring true, get 2nd and 3rd opinions. We've all heard of those that went from doc to doc 'til someone got it right. Keep Your Power.

When you have come to the end
of all the Light you know,
and are about to step off
into the darkness of the unknown,
Faith is knowing
one of two things will happen:
One, there will be something solid to stand on,
or Two, you will be taught how to fly.

breathe, love ashlet

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I am so scared..."
As everyone else has already stated so eloquently, stay positive, prayers and hugs are with you, and you are going to be in very good hands.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I am so scared..."
{{{HUGS}}}

I agree with what everyone else said.
Know that you will be in my prayers.

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed" - Rudy Boesch

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •