The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-13-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
I just received the truth about the final episode - from a friend who is a reality tv producer in LA for another show. What we've heard about the LOCK-BOX is true. Not even the producer of Survivor's final episode is aware of the winner. Of course, she knows the final two - but only MB and the final two players are privy to the identity of the winner. Now, if the Tribal Jury got together and tallied their votes - which I imagine they have done - then they know the winner as well. The crew does not.

The final TC was filmed in OZ, but then the votes were taken away and not revealed during the final TC. They will be read live on the final episode.

So it will be similar to S1, with all the survivors live in the studio. The audience will learn of the winner at the same time, but from that live show, not from an edited taping of the final TC.

For us, this means we should take very lightly any reports of the winner revealed, since the pool of possible leak sources is VERY thin. For that information to get leaked, it would have to come from MB himself or someone in the cast. This is not inconsistent with most of what we've heard and read this season - but then again, even today a source claimed Rodger is the winner. Don't believe it!

Happy sleuthing.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 How does it fit together? AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 1
   RE: How does it fit together? ACPS65 03-13-01 2
   RE: How does it fit together? Play2Survive 03-13-01 3
       The worst thing about this story... AyatollahKhomeini 03-13-01 4
           RE: The worst thing about this stor... Kokoro 03-13-01 5
               RE: The worst thing about this stor... aymelek 03-14-01 6
                   RE: The worst thing about this stor... Play2Survive 03-14-01 8
               RE: The worst thing about this stor... SurvivorCat 03-14-01 7
   Here's the story...and part of it's... LIZZLOVER 04-12-01 12
 RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler zoso 03-14-01 9
   RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler Play2Survive 03-14-01 10
 Confirmation AyatollahKhomeini 04-12-01 11
   RE: Confirmation Drive My Car 04-12-01 13
   RE: Confirmation LIZZLOVER 04-12-01 14
       Found it on PR site dangerkitty 04-12-01 16
 RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler dabo 04-12-01 15
   RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler Loree 04-12-01 17
   RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler brain 04-12-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-13-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "How does it fit together?"
P2S, somehow this report seems too convenient. Suddenly the reason that there are no links for the "final words" chats could be because there ARE no final words chats yet. Two questions before I try to evaluate this:

1. How would your friend be in a position to know this? I have some close connections to Hollywood, and I know that people brag about their hits ... but this doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that someone would be bragging about -- "I'm so unimportant that I don't even know who the winner was on this show I'm producing!"

2. How does this fit together with the report that the last show will be live in Oz?

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-01, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How does it fit together?"
Oz? What, we're reading the votes out of the HBO penetintary now? LOL

03-13-01, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How does it fit together?"
Okay, I was hesitant to post, because I knew it would probably create more questions than answers. I would not have posted if I didn't have absolute faith in the truth of my source. You guys know I've been on here long enough to NOT be one of those HUGE SPOILER folks posting their first message. Also let me say, I don't think this information tells us THAT much. Just that the final episode will be slightly different this season. As I understand, MB wanted to take extra precautions so he did not allow all cast and crew to know outcome.

>P2S, somehow this report seems too
>convenient. Suddenly the reason
>that there are no links
>for the "final words" chats
>could be because there ARE
>no final words chats yet.

Exactly

>1. How would your friend
>be in a position to
>know this? I have
>some close connections to Hollywood,
>and I know that people
>brag about their hits ...
>but this doesn't strike me
>as the kind of thing
>that someone would be bragging
>about -- "I'm so unimportant
>that I don't even know
>who the winner was on
>this show I'm producing!"

I can't speculate on this, except to say it's the truth and some Hollywood types - yeah hard to believe I know - don't really need the whole world to know what they know, especially when working on a show where not knowing is paramount to it's success. So, I don't think the same Hollywood rules apply here.

>2. How does this fit
>together with the report that
>the last show will be
>live in Oz?

No clue on that - it actually slipped my mind during conversation.

03-13-01, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The worst thing about this story..."
P2S, the worst thing about this story is that you are the source. Why is that bad? Because I believe that this statement of yours is correct:

>I would not have posted if I didn't have absolute faith in the
>truth of my source. You guys know I've been on here long enough
>to NOT be one of those HUGE SPOILER folks posting their first
>message.

Yes, you have.

...and I also don't believe that you're one of MB's planted moles trying to spread disinformation. And, actually, I've believed in the lockbox theory right along, even though there is no evidence. The biggest risk of leakage appears to me to come from the 250-member crew instead of from the 16 survivors, who know their days of media whoredom are doomed if they let the winner leak. It doesn't matter if the survivors know; it just matters that the crew does not know.

Thanks for posting this. I hope it is true!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-01, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The worst thing about this story..."
<<Thanks for posting this. I hope it is true!>>

Ugh....I don't. No, actually I guess it doesn't matter to me. But seriously, if this is true, a Lock Box makes for horrible television, at least among the cast. There will be absolutely no surprise, no tension, no bitterness, no tired hungry people waiting to hear their futures....just a bunch of people looking like they're going to some Hollywood premiere, waiting for their cheques to be signed.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-01, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The worst thing about this story..."
I agree that would be a dumb thing to do as far as tv suspense goes.

Didn't one of the kicked off cast in an interview say that they did in fact know who won? I can't remember which person or which interview (toooo much info going out there!!) but can someone confirm this?

03-14-01, 09:07 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The worst thing about this story..."
Just to clarify, the final 2 players and 7 tribal jury members walked away without knowing the winner. Well, we know they all flew home together - I think it's almost crazy to assume they would all remain tight lipped about their votes. Almost.

It is possible that MB begged them not to reveal to each other who they voted for. If that is the case, someone - like a Rodger, Tina or Liz - very well could have kept their word to MB and did not tell other cast members.

So Aymelek, if the cast all shared their votes then it's likely a booted cast member was aware of the winner. I don't remember anyone saying that though.

The more I think about, the more I think they don't know for sure. Think about it: these cast members have lied to their families, why wouldn't they lie - or withhold the truth - from another cast member. Unless Jerri's in the final 2. Then it may have been a slaughter.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick

SurvivorCat 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-14-01, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorCat Click to send private message to SurvivorCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The worst thing about this story..."
From what is said here, the votes were made like SI but just taken away..... I am sure we will see some comments like Sue's!

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Here's the story...and part of it's true"
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010412/nyth065.html

Seems the lockbox theory has been proven true to me.

Lizz Just Is

zoso 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-14-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zoso Click to send private message to zoso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
I am skeptical that the pool of people who know is as small as you suggest. Unless, MB has decided to film and edit the production by himself, it seems likely that a significant pool of crew members would be privy to the winner's identity. Also, do we really believe that MB would do away with the suspense and urgency achieved on S1 they all found out Rich had won? I think the Lock Box idea is bad TV and a logistical nightmare.

03-14-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
While agree that the lock box idea makes for bad tv, it is what you will see next month during the final episode. I got one link away from the producer of this show, and I trust 100% the truth of this.

To try to get into the mind of MB, remember when S1 was filmed it wasn't already the smash hit it is now. While I'm sure he believed the show would be a success, MB could not have known conclusively that it would be SUCH a success. When S2 filmed, he knew absolutely that everyone would be trying to get to this information - so he decided to take extra precautions, limit the number of people who know the results, and do this without changing the rules of the game. The Lock-box accomplishes all this.

I'll tell you one thing, the lock-box may "make for bad tv," but the whole world knowing the winner this early makes for horrible tv.

Episode 13: "Three gals and a houseboy," starring Jerri, Amber, Liz and Nick.

04-12-01, 01:23 PM (EST)
11. "Confirmation"
Did Play2Survive have a real source back in March? You had better believe it! Here is the press release from CBS confirming the lockbox, issued today:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010412/nyth065.html

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Confirmation"
Congrats AK

EBug

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Confirmation"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-01 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

AK, don't you find it the least bid odd that this story's link takes us to the FINANCE page of Yahoo?

Edit: Don't you think this story would have been published in the Entertainment pages instead?

I think we may have been fooled.

Lizz Just Is

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-12-01, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Found it on PR site"
Lizzlover,

I thought it was odd, too, that I could not find it anywhere through my Yahoo home page.

But I went directly to the PR Newswire site, and sure enough, there it is!!!

I ma disappointed, I don't like the idea of revealing the winner for the first time May 3. I wanted to see the players reactions in the moment, at TC.

Oh well. Hopefully it will be great in a way that I can't think of now....

dangerkitty

w.l.s.f.c.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
I've always thought the lockbox story was true but....

1. someone had to run the camera at the voting confessional, someone had to be monitoring the audiofeed from the voting confessional, Berman could probably do one or the other but not both.

2. the contestants are under contractual gag orders anyway, I don't think anything in the world would stop them from comparing notes so that they could all find out who the winner was before they parted ways. with all the secrets they're keeping anyway, what's one more.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
I have always assumed that the lockbox story was true also. I just thought MB would love to do it that way. And Jeff Probst seems to know the outcome too. I guess someone would have to count those final votes to make sure nobody goofed up and wrote their own name or left it blank.

brain 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-01, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brain Click to send private message to brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Anti-Spoiler Spoiler"
Of course what is to keep them from lying to the people as they compare notes.

That's what I'd do, assuming I didn't care for one of the two contestants... just to see the look on that persons face as they realized they had been duped all those months ago into thinking that they had won.

Of course it would all just be a part of my plan for global conquest

And it also assumes that no one else is as devious as I am.

Brain

-------------------
Doing the same thing everynight since 1993

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •