The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Gingerman28 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-20-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-04 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

Another week with a lot of information about a few things and little information about a lot of other things. But to begin with the beginning:

All the teams arrived at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin in the early or late afternoon - it was still daylight even when Don and Mary Jane finally wandered in. So was the pit stop at the Adlon Hotel which is just a stone's throw from the Brandenburg Gate on Unter den Linden? It is Berlin's most luxurious hotel and the best address in Berlin. Perhaps Phil and the producers stayed there, but I don't think a bunch of straggling Americans with backpacks would be welcome. So it was probably the Holiday Inn around the corner.

Since they all arrived in daylight, they probably are leaving again in the darkness of the early morning. But we have no pictures of their departure. The only scenes we have next are at the site of the Reverse-Bungee Jump. Since it is daylight it is later in the morning and probably is another bunchup or choke point since we have scenes of all the teams there together. The site could be on the outskirts of Berlin or in a nearby city such as Frankfurt-am-Oder which could be reached by taxi. I hope this may be the only choke point and not like last week when we had three in a row: the slave house, the ferry to Dakar, and the flight to Berlin.

The order of arrival will determine the order of the bungee event which probably leads to the time of departure of the Grand Race across Europe from Germany to Hungary. The teams seem to have only one member of each team competing in the jump so this looks like an early ROADBLOCK. Every team seems to do well except for Freddy and Kendra. He looks really distraught as we see Kendra gasping on the ground after the jump (did she pass out? We hear Gus' voice saying something to that affect.) So does Kendra manage to get up and join the race to Hungary or does she take herself out of the race at this point? Only speculation here.

The Trabani was an East German car with a small two-cylinder engine and a body made of light plastic. When running it emits a cloud of smoke and sounds like a poorly tuned lawn mower! Not built for speed it shakes, rattles and rolls at any speed over 50 miles an hour! The course from Germany to Hungary is about 500 miles and goes through some rugged mountains in The Czech Republic and Slovakia. The shortest route goes through three country border checkpoints: Germany/The Czech Republic; The Czech Republic/Slovakia; and Slovakia/Hungary. Or they could follow a less rugged route but longer route through Poland, Slovakia and Hungary. Whatever, it is no easy trip and the Trabani is not the roomiest or most comfortable vehicle on the road. But it looks like that is what they will be doing, as the cars seem to have Hungarian License plates.

Bolo and Lori probably drove too fast and blew the engine out before they got very far. In past shows, if there is a "mechanical failure not the fault of the team" a replacement vehicle is made available. But if they blew the engine after being warned about speed limitations, they may be in deep doo doo.

That's what we know so far. Lots of holes and no idea of how long or when the they arrive in Hungary or where they end up. Perhaps in Budapest since we have seen pictures of one of the city's land marks: St. Mathiaus Church on Castle Hill. The only event we have been shown in Hungary is the "canonball run" by our favorite battlers: Jonathan and Victoria. This has been pin-pointed to be a fortress in the city of Eger, about 50 miles norheast of Budapest. But since no other events of a detour have been shown (perhaps because the absence of J/V might then be apparrent) this may be the first time we have seen a FAST FORWARD actually be offered. Jonathan seems the type who would jump at the chance to take the Fast Forward and end up finally (without much "help" from poor downtrodden Victoria) in first place at the Pit Stop. Could be, we certainly are due a Fast Forward pretty soon I would think.

Not much to go on, but speculation has it that Freddy and Kendra withdraw from the race and therefore become this week's eliminated team (too bad, they were one of the better liked teams it seems)

It looks like Jonathan and Victoria take the FAST FORWARD and then come in FIRST at the Pit Stop. Enjoy while you can because me thinks your time will come up soon to join the others at Losers'Lodge.

The team that irrates a taxi driver could very well be in the opening sequences which we don't see. And a good bet would be that the irritator is either Jonathan or Bolo.

The team that, on the other hand, which charms the local law might be either Kris or Hayden or maybe even Hera.

And the team that has a transportation problem probably is Bolo and Lori since we see them with their disabled Trabani by the wayside.

Now we just have to wait to see how wrong about everything we all are.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... banzai 12-20-04 1
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... fallingtogether 12-21-04 2
   RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... 1derfool 12-21-04 3
       RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... Gingerman28 12-21-04 4
           RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... PepeLePew13 12-21-04 5
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... banzai 12-21-04 6
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... michel 12-21-04 7
   RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... volsfan 12-21-04 9
   RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... Gingerman28 12-21-04 10
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... banzai 12-21-04 8
 RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... Ontario TAR Fan 12-22-04 11
   RE: EP6: What We Know and What We D... Meemo 12-22-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-20-04, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
How do they replace Bolo's car anyway?
The crews drive another car from Germany to Bolo spot? What if the 2nd car breaks down too?
The crews buy/rent another car for Bolo?

fallingtogether 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-21-04, 04:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fallingtogether Click to send private message to fallingtogether Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Not much to go on, but speculation has it that Freddy and Kendra withdraw from the race and therefore become this week's eliminated team (too bad, they were one of the better liked teams it seems)

WHAT?! Since when are Freddy and Kendra liked?!?! I have nothing against Freddy, but I can't stand Kendra. All she does is whine about being in a third world country and how poor and smelly everything is. I, for one, will be glad to see Kendra and Freddy gone and I'm sure I'm not alone! They are my least favorite team!

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-21-04, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
I feel the same way about her, wouldn't mind seeing her gone, though I'd feel a bit sorry for him because he doesn't seem as obnoxious.
They're a pretty popular team according to the rating on the CBS site, so chances are there'd be a lot of miffed viewers if and when they get eliminated. So, how to go about softening the blow to the viewers? One way is to turn some of us against the team, use their words and actions against them. The comments Kendra made in Senegal about the deplorable conditions, and the 'breeding' in particular made her many enemies. Those comments could easily have been cut out, so why would they be included? They surely wouldn't be expected to increase the team's popularity. I'm thinking they were left in specifically to give us something to dislike about Kendra, making us more likely to accept the elimination. Same deal with Jonathan - some of his actions and words couldn't be left out without creating some confusion about what happened, but a lot of his nastiness could have been cut. I'm thinking the actions are included so we can celebrate their elimination when it happens.

12-21-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gingerman28 Click to send private message to Gingerman28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Good thinking! It had escaped my memory of her dreadful comments about Senegal (thinking too much about the future) but the editing does make sense. Maybe that is why TES did not promote an "appearance by the most recent team eliminated" on their show this morning. It is too early for another non-elimination ep since there are only two more left according to Phil, so maybe they just don't want further exposure for Kendra, which could open up a whole can of worms if the bumkins asked the right questions. And it spells bad news for J/V next week!

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Yup, the same thing was done with Colon and Christie last year -- many of their comments could have been edited out or more of Colon's good things could have been edited in as we heard some of the other racers say he wasn't "that bad", but CBS focussed on all of the negative stuff because they knew he & Christie weren't going to win.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

12-21-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-04 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

Here's the tvguide dot com description:
The teams travel from Berlin to Budapest on the 6th leg of the race. In Hungary, one team is kicked out of a taxi after irritating the driver and one racer has a run-in with the law.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-04, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
The canon ball run doesn't appear to be a fast forward because we also see Freddy and Kendra wirh a canon and other team (I could only recognize Gus and Hera)are using a catapult. It is more likely that the canon is one of the option of a detour

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
If Freddy/Kendra are shown with a cannon then it isn't part of the same roadblock as the reverse bungee and they didn't pull themselves out of the race!

12-21-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Ugh! Never saw these pix. When did they show up? Changes everything I now think

12-21-04, 02:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
Since the Trabants have Hungarian license plates, is it possible that they get the cars in Hungary only? not in Germany.
The preview could be misleading. In The Apprentice show, the previews are always misleading.
I still don't see how they can replace Bolo's car. The crews drive another car from Germany to Bolo? How long Bolo has to wait? A day? What if the 2nd car breaks down too? Drive a 3rd car from Germany to Bolo too?

Ontario TAR Fan 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-22-04, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to send private message to Ontario%20TAR%20Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
"Not much to go on, but speculation has it that Freddy and Kendra withdraw from the race and therefore become this week's eliminated team (too bad, they were one of the better liked teams it seems)"

Can you elaborate where this is coming from? Does Freddy's blowup cause them to be forced to drop out, saving Bolo and Lori?

Meemo 3519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-22-04, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EP6: What We Know and What We Don't Know"
OTF,

Gingerman's speculation was made before last night's episode, and before we saw the previews of Freddy's blowup.

I think the speculation he was referring to was the clip we saw in the previews for last night's show that showed Kendra "injured" from the bungee jump, which just proved to be a red herring.

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •