The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-04-04, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week 8 - Best and Worst"
your weekly poll. (SPOILERS POSSIBLE)
who's your fave or who do you think will be on top.
Hard to choose the bottom ones. Not that it matters. In this competition this season, a good performance doth not ensure continuance.

But, as Simon said, there are 2 singers who are in a league above everyone else: fantasia and latoya. (Randy added Diana) Did you agree?

Much love to Breezy for filling in the other week.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst theincrediblehugey 05-04-04 1
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst libgirl2 05-04-04 2
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst kerawal 05-04-04 3
           RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst pheeann 05-05-04 4
               RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst shedevil 05-05-04 5
                   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 05-05-04 12
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst StarryLuna 05-05-04 6
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst okaychatt 05-05-04 8
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst callalilly3000 05-05-04 7
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst okaychatt 05-05-04 9
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst Bebo 05-05-04 10
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst DoodleBug 05-05-04 19
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst MTW1961 05-05-04 21
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst CantStandToLook 05-05-04 11
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst pmspml5 05-05-04 13
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst geg6 05-05-04 14
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst MTW1961 05-05-04 24
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst Bebo 05-05-04 27
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst geg6 05-06-04 32
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst badger 05-05-04 15
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst Breezy 05-05-04 16
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst Mistral 05-05-04 17
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst toddE 05-06-04 33
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst DoodleBug 05-05-04 18
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst tig_ger 05-05-04 25
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst MTW1961 05-05-04 20
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst bob_chester 05-05-04 22
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst stormysatan 05-05-04 23
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst ValleyGirl 05-05-04 26
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst butthunder 05-05-04 28
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst bampote 05-05-04 29
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst Aphrodite 05-05-04 30
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst CarCar22125 05-05-04 31
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst GlassJax 05-06-04 34
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst stormysatan 05-06-04 35
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst GlassJax 05-06-04 36
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst PA44sec 05-07-04 39
           RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst stormysatan 05-07-04 45
 RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst kittykat_meowee08 05-07-04 37
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst shedevil 05-07-04 38
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 05-07-04 40
           RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst shedevil 05-07-04 43
               RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 05-07-04 46
   RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 05-07-04 41
       RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst shedevil 05-07-04 42
           RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst JOSHIDOL 05-07-04 44
               RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst archon 05-07-04 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

theincrediblehugey 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-04, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theincrediblehugey Click to send private message to theincrediblehugey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Best:
Fantasia
George
La Toya

Worst:
Diana
Jasmine

libgirl2 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-04-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail libgirl2 Click to send private message to libgirl2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-04 AT 11:10 PM (EST)

>Best:
>Fantasia
>George
>La Toya
>
>Worst:
>Diana
>Jasmine

I agree. I thought Diana sounded weak in her first song and Jasmine sounded weak in both. On the whole it was TONS better then last week. And everyone looked like they really enjoyed themselves. Fantasia was my fave though tonite. She sang QUEEN!! YAY!!! Finally a cool song no one has ever sung before!!!

kerawal 52 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-04, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kerawal Click to send private message to kerawal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Best-Latoya
Worst- Jasmine

pheeann 101 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pheeann Click to send private message to pheeann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Agreed. Please let Jasmine be gone this week!

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Best:
Fantasia
George

Middle:
Latoya

Worst:
Diana
Jasmine

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-05-04, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Agree

Best: George,Fantasia
Middle : Latoya,Diana
Worst: Jasmine

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-05-04, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
My votes this week went to George (5 of em) and LaToya (could only get through once.) I also tried voting for Diana but couldn't get through at all and I went to bed at 10:30, so I gave up.

"No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves."

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-04, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Unfortunately, I could get through on George's line most of the time. Jasmine deserves to go before George on the basis of potential alone. We won't mention being able to sing in key. Sigh.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-04, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
1- Fanatasia, WOW she did great!

2- LaToya, loved her!

3- George, better than the last two weeks combined.

4- Diana, not bad, not bad at all.

5.- Jasmine, she wasn't bad either.

All the contestents did much much better than the last couple of weeks. I very much enjoyed last night. The truth is, whoever is left, I don't really care who wins.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-05-04, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
The only one I can't bear to see win is Jasmine.

Diana - eh. I simply don't care for her, though I think she has talent.

La Toya, Fantasia, or George would be fine by me. Of the three, I think George needs the title the most. La Toya and Fantasia will succeed on their own.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-05-04, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Favorites:
- LaToya
- Fantasia - Didn't want to like her, especially after her first song, but that second one was absolutely wonderful. I went from being underwhelmed to completely impressed.
- George - Not as good vocally as the ladies, but he looked and sounded good to me. I enjoyed both songs.

Not my Favorites:
- Diana - First song wasn't too bad, but the second one sounded like a cheap Judy Garland imitation to me. And don't get me started on the nightie.
- Jasmine - Flat, flat, flat and dressed wrong for the evening.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
- Jasmine - Flat, flat, flat and dressed wrong for the evening.

What was with the yellow bra? Horrible outfit.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-05-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
And don't get me started on the nightie

The nightie was definitely unfortunate!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Have you given your TiVo a nice, firm handshake today?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I dont know if I would have thrown Diana in that list. She sounds very plain to me...but not as plain as Jasmine.

George sang two very good songs but Randy was right, he didnt' add anything to them. I closed my eyes and it just sounded like someone doing a cover...didn't even sound like George.

At this point for me, I could care less who wins this thing because I'm not really feeling any of the remaining contestants.
I did enjoy all the big band music though cause that's just me.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
You're on the right track..you're just on the wrong train.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-05-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I didnt get to watch the show live - but watched it later thanks to TIVO - my new wireless headphones were great. I left the room on purpose and just listened. This would be my order based on last night.

1. Latoya
2. Fantasia
3. Diana (Still a huge difference between the bottom 3 and top 2)
4. George (was off key when you just listened)
5. Jasmine (she sounded like she had a frog in her throat during the second sond)

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Maybe they should just get rid of this genre because it seems that very few of the people in this competition has any idea what big band is. Rather ironic that the youngest one there had the best song choices for the actual genre, isn't it? I love big band and swing music and am quite knowledgeable about it due to my mother's extensive collection and her tutoring me in the music of the era throughout my childhood. Although Latoya's songs would not technically be "of the genre," she at least put them into the right style, rhythm, and phrasing.

1) Latoya - still not completely sold on her, but she is technically the best singer of the bunch.

2) Diana - great song choices, good renditions, and seemed to really be enjoying herself with this music. Now will someone please help this girl dress?

3) George - sounded pretty good to me, especially "Wonderful World" (which technically wasn't recorded during the actual era, but was recorded by one of the giants of the era). That's one of my favorite songs of all time and he changed it up enough that I enjoyed his take and wasn't appalled (as I was by another contestant's choice; see below).

4) Jasmine - she is clearly not in the same league, vocally, as the others. This was not her worst performance, but certainly didn't impress me. And the clothes!!!!!!! At least Diana's ill-fitting dress was an attempt to fit into the style (for those who dispute this, I have an evening dress of my mother's from the very early '40s that is longer, but very similar in style), but jeans with chains hanging off and a top that showed the bra? Cut me a break!

5) Fantasia - could anyone irritate me more (well, maybe Jenna L. from Survivor, but that is another forum)? First, as a huge Queen fan (the first album I ever bought was Queen), this was a travesty. Horrible, horrible, horrible...can't say that enough times. And, to top it off, she "yeah, yeah's" the end. Her second song (which it took about two verses for me to begin to recognize) was nothing but a screaming match on helium. What does anyone see in her? She disgusts me with her constant using her child as some sort of badge of honor or reason to vote for her. Can you just tell that I hate her, hate her, hate her?

05-05-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Geg6 - I am your brother!

I agreed with (almost) every word you wrote (exception - LaToya. I think she's outstanding). I think Fantisia is a good singer but personally, I can't stand her,and I was also horrified that she chose a Queen song for Big Band night. It's not Big Band, even if it has a Big Band feel to it. All her rendition did was get my wife and I to remember what a great singer Freddie Mercury was. Queen was one of the first albums I bought, too (Sheer Heart Attack).

Also, I loved Diana' song choices and thought George was better than I have ever heard him.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
All her rendition did was get my wife and I to remember what a great singer Freddie Mercury was.

Just heard Queen's version on the radio. I'm even less impressed with Fantasia's performance last night after the reminder.

Still loved her second song, though.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ and YOUR American Idol.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
OMH, MTW, Queen absolutely rocked!!!! I had everything ever recorded by them on vinyl (too bad I don't have a turntable anymore because I still have all the old albums). Freddy Mercury had to be turning in his grave.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
best big band -- john stevens singing "king of the road" on regis and kelly

worst big band -- fantasia singing a queen song

frankly, i thought they all sucked last night. and just when i thought it could get no worse than gloria estefan music.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I'll second those nominations.

Mistral 205 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mistral Click to send private message to Mistral Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I agree with Simon that Fantasia and Latoya are in their own league. I've pretty much felt that way since this thing started.

Diana, well....sometimes she is spot on and is great. I don't think last night was one of those times. I'm still kinda pulling for her to beat out George and Jasmine.

Best: Latoya, Fantasia - almost consistently every week
OK: Diana
Not good: George, Jasmine

Apparently I am the only George detractor out here. His whole schtick just bugs the hell out of me. I can even deal with Fantasia better than I can with him (and that's saying something).

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-06-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Hey, I'm a little late, but I also thought George was the worst and definitely deserved to get kicked off. I agree with the judges that Jasmine is very pleasant, and I enjoy her very pleasant voice, although she lacks star quality.

I love Queen, love "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and I greatly enjoyed Fantasia's version of it. Of course it was altered to fit the Big Band sound, which I thought was clever and most entertaining.

Diana did relatively well, but (I know this sounds terrible) when I see her up there I just keep thinking of Miss Piggy. I can actually get past her between-songs commentary, but that dress definitely emphasized her unappealing belly. We'll see what Larry says about her this week.

Still, I have to give the night to LaToya, her best performance so far.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-04 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

Here's how I rank them.....

1. LaToya - I think she is absolutely wonderful. Enjoyed every note she sang. She's tops. My only votes went to London.

2. George - I thought he sounded great. A little safe, but I loved listening to him (plus he sang my favorite song "What a Wonderful World"). And his smile is contagious. He is second only because I prefer his voice over Fantasia's.

3. Fantasia - I hated the first song, but the second song was great. That's why she is third and not second. Queen? WTH????

4. Diana - (is it bad that I thought she looked like Miss Piggy in that dress? Thank you, Gooey-Alley ) She's got a great voice although I thought she was flat during the first song.

5. Jasmine - two songs were just too much for her. The second song sounded strained to me.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-05-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
What she said. (*waves to her OT triplet*)

A Kittyloaf Original

05-05-04, 11:30 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I agree with Randy! LaToya, Fantasia, and Diana are the class of this year's American Idol.

Simon has been advocating against Diana ever since the first final 12 show. He doesn't think she's old enough, then he calls her too old. Last night he said she sounded like an old lady.

I think those three are in a class by themselves. I think LaToya is the best of the three in every way, shape and form. She should win, the other two will be her runners-up.

George and Jasmine both sounded good too - I liked George better than ever last night - but it will be one of them that goes home today, hopefully.

bob_chester 243 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bob_chester Click to send private message to bob_chester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Here is my best to worst

1. George- This was great, after a poor performance last week, you were the best. Dude you looked good too. Now for the bad news is everybody likes you but you are a man so they don’t want you to win. Thanks I thoroughly enjoyed your performance. Don’t let them tell you it was bad you have a career ahead of you. Maybe movies and TV too.
2. Diana- She did the era and did it well. Please get some help with the fashion. Simon said you had an old soul. Sort of worked for last night.
3. La Toya- Perfect voice, perfect poise. You are the most talented but no zip. One of the judges said this was the music you were made for. That is interesting- your performance was forgettable. I liked you from the start but I think the best thing for you is to not to win. AI producers will keep you boring if you record with them. Your best performance was on the night America voted you into the final 12. Jasmine was told she hasn’t grown., but Since then you have come down to the rest of the pack. The Judges raved about you but you were not better then the 2 before you this week. Please start singing like you did in February, I am routing for you and I will vote for you!
4. Jasmine- Did you know you were supposed to dress up? Please you were doing big band era dress it up hun. You were ok vocally off here and there. Simon was right you have not grown, you are the same as you were on the 1st night of the finals.

I thought this Jasmine was going to be the worst of the night until.
5. Fantasia-OMG what happened. I liked you till 2 weeks ago. Last week was mediocre. This week was horrible. Have you ever listened to the song “Crazy Little Thing Called Love?” As a Queen fan I am insulted, it was worse then Dwight Yoakam’s Country version. You screeched through the other song too. Bad bad bad It made Paula cry it was so bad. It gave other people chills it was so bad. Then Randy and Simon raved about. Are these guys professional? It goes to prove that they are trying to influence the vote. (either that or there heads were up there butts.) America you should not be made to feel guilty about disliking this trash. Hey maybe Barry Manilow will take Fantasia his huge world tour (Wow that 1 date in Las Vegas.) with him too. LOL He has limited audience too. 2 screeching singers would be better then 1. Did not like him in the 70’s gives me more reason not to like him.

Ryan told everybody to vote as many times as you want for your favorite. Last season the told everybody to vote once.
Every person should vote once for their favorite contestant. It is ok until the final week to vote for more then one. Where is the integrity? The person who has the fans that can redial the fastest is going to win? Are they also going to each buy 100 CDs of the person they vote for to make sure they have good sales?-not

America Randy, Simon and Ryan are trying to tell you who to vote for again. I hope you voted Fantasia off. Jasmine can go next week.
Lots of people on this show need should apologize to the late Freddie Mercury, his song was disgraced, Fantasia by murdering it and the judges by endorsing it as good.

I know a lot of people just love Fantasia but before you bash me which I am sure you will, you should make sure you get out Queens Game CD and listen to “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” then you will see what I am talking about.
Also that Macy Gray thing is getting old too.

stormysatan 90 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
No, I don't agree with the judges'comment about Diana. Even Simon's comment was not negative at all.

The Best:

1.Latoya- no question, she nailed both songs. Even the perfectionist Barbra Sreisand would give her a standing ovation.

2.George - very soulful; I liked his rendition of What A Wonderful World. What the hell were the judges talking about? What was that 'safe' comment all about? Just because it was a very familiar melody did not make his rendition any less wonderful.

3.Jasmine - her first song was great; not so happy with the second.

4. Fantasia - not so happy with her two songs. The first one was too 'repetitious', the second one did not have a very good timing or somthing was just not right. I'm sure it wasn't her voice.

5. Diana -AWFUL,AWFUL!! The worst rendition of Someone To Watch.... I have ever heard on television. Very out of tune, poor timing, and a very 'callous' performance.
The second song was not any better.

God. I thought jasmine was done injustice here. Diana should go home first before Jasmine.

ValleyGirl 377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ValleyGirl Click to send private message to ValleyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Simon said it well, LaToya and Fantasia are in a class of their own, but I think he could have taken it one step further and said that LaToya is in a class by herself! She has the whole package to make it big, if this keeps going the way it has, I can see her first CD out in the stores for Christmas.

butthunder 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-04, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail butthunder Click to send private message to butthunder Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Best: George
Lotoya

Worst: Diana

bampote 83 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bampote Click to send private message to bampote Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
1. Latoya - The judges were absolutely right about her; this style of music is meant for her.

2. Fantasia - No, Queen isn't big band music. However, people are often stretching the themes to fit certain songs, so I don't see why we should get upset about it now. She gave two outstanding performances, and she almost came in first for me.

3. George - It was nice to see him in better shape. I wasn't blown away by his performances, but he was good enough. Certainly better than Diana and Jasmine.

4. Jasmine - When it was over, I thought Jas was the worst, but as I think about it, she did a little better than Diana. Not to say that she did well, but it was okay. Regardless, I think based on past showings, she should and will be going home.

5. Diana - I don't understand how people can get on Fantasia's case over her child when Diana dedicated "Someone To Watch Over Me," a love song, to the armed forces. I thought that was much more blatant pandering. Besides that, she was just bad. She seemed completely out of tune and out of breath during the second song. I was baffled by the judges' praise of her.

Aphrodite 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-05-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aphrodite Click to send private message to Aphrodite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Best

- Latoya (awesome - I ain't going to sleep!)
- Diana the Singer (great choices)
- George (he's baaacccck)

Worst

- Fantasia (sorry, I just don't get her)
- Jasmine (first song great, second one ran outta steam)
- Diana's dress (although better than last week but thats not saying much)

CarCar22125 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CarCar22125 Click to send private message to CarCar22125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"

1.Latoya- It's hard to argue with that performance! She was just awesome!

2.Diana- I thought she did great! She did better on the second one though. Good song choices.

3.George- Okay, he's still not back to his old self, but he sounded better than in recent weeks. Second song was better.

4.Jasmine- At first, I thought her performance was going to be really good, but it got worse, especially in the second song.

5.Fantasia- It seems like everybody loves her, but I thought she was horrible last night! I could barely listen to all that screeching! And wasn't it supposed to be Big Band night?

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I know this is not a beauty contest, but are all the contestants putting on alot of weight?

Tactless, yet unrefined.

05-06-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stormysatan Click to send private message to stormysatan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Don't think Jasmine and George have put on weight . Jas just has a round face.
Latoya, Fantasia, and most especially Diana have some weight issues.
I didn't know Latoya was overweight til i saw her belly bulging last Tuesday. Fantasia andd especially Diana aree obviously overweight.

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-06-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Diana started off alittle chunky.

Latoya and Fantasia were skinny as rails when they were auditioning. They've both put on a few pounds.

Even Jasmine has added a bit to her caboose.

I think it comes from the living arrangements.

I don't think George put on much weight, but John was starting to look alittle stockier as he exited.

These are just observations. Not comdemnations.

PA44sec 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-07-04, 05:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PA44sec Click to send private message to PA44sec Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
What does their weight have to do with anything?! Don't forget last year's winner.. didn't make any difference then, shouldn't now.

05-07-04, 02:27 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Did I say it does? Just making a comment on somebody else's posting.

kittykat_meowee08 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kittykat_meowee08 Click to send private message to kittykat_meowee08 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
i really like fantasia!!! i think she is so much better than latoya.
i think diana should be taken out she is so not "idol material" i just cant look at her and say thats an american idol, i just cant!

05-07-04, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I did not like Fantasia at all but she really started growing on me when she stopped singing so over the top. I really enjoy it when she sings ballads.

05-07-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Hi SheDevil,
I know this is not pertaining to this topic but has anyone noticed on the American Idol website by the questions concerning rules of voting, the last line reads that rules and procedures are subject to change at the discretion of the director without notice.
Now would that mean tht on any given day the director has the power to change rules such as instead of sending the lowest vote getter home, the highest vote getter goes??? It says without notice. How would you read into that last line.
Seems to me there is a catch to this voting procedure.

05-07-04, 01:00 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
I don't pay much attention to the website so I didn't notice, nothing they do would surprise me. I think they would do whatever it takes to make ratings higher.For instance it was said it would be the battle of the divas but isn't it really a battle of the teens (who are mediocre singers) vs. the mothers (who can sing without going off key)?

05-07-04, 04:33 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
You are so right.
These last 4 shows will be so boring especially next week, can you imagine the screaming Diana will do?
Jasmine cannot handle disco, that will be obvious and she will be sent home. The show is so predictable.
You know what was so funny in the beginning Simon and Paula praised John Stevens, I am sure you remember. As bad as he was, Simon always had something nice to say.
When did the guy's singing change, it was always bad then all of a sudden Simon starts bashing him.
I even remember Simon telling JPL he could be the dark horse to win the competition.
I am truly convinced after this season tht the show is fixed and thats why they have that waiver in the rules so nobody can sue them.

05-07-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Out of the remaining 4, I do like Fantasia the best. However, you know why Fantasia won't win this and I am not being critical of her I am just stating what I read. She is a 19 year old single mother of a 2 year old and she has no High School diploma.
That right there sums up why she won't win...

05-07-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
They want Latoya to win. That's why Fantasia won't win even though she is the total package, especially when you compare her to who's left standing with her. There is no way I would spend a dime to hear Latoya, Diana or Jasmine sing and that includes c.d.s. I think they want us to think they are trying to get Fantasia "baby votes" but in reality they are hoping everyone will hold it against her to make sure Latoya wins.

05-07-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
You are exactly right, it was so obvious this year to me that they thought they would surround Latoya with a bad group of singers and yes the majority of them were bad. However, I don't care what you say becoming a good singer also has to show what a good personality you can have. Latoya makes no connection at all and its almost as if she does not want to.
the closest 3 I read in the house were Jennifer, Fantasia and George, they said they shared spirituality together.
You could see that when George left, Fantasia was the only one crying. Diana needs to wipe those grins off her face when people get voted off then you notice when she realizes the camera is on her she has fake tears same with Jasmine.
That show is going downhill. Why they thought America would tune in to see 4 femailes, 2 of which cannot sing is beyong me.
I am convinced the show is rigged and they send home who they want week after week. I don't care what anyone says how is Diana raking in all these votes now when people could not stand her. Even Quentin told her she has glass between her. Her performances have not gotten better.
As for Jasmine, they want her to be the Nicky McKibbin of this year.

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Week 8 - Best and Worst"
Hit it right on the head, Josh!

I have to say, I have been in a bit of a mood since George got the boot after Jon got the boot.

And I have certainly come to the conclusion that this show is a complete fabrication. Im not saying George or Jon should have won -- but Diana and Jasmine are still around and I cant quite figure that out...

AI wants something this year -- and whatever they wanted, it wasn't going to have testosterone. They got the cute white chick the first year. They got a bank shot in AI2 with 2 men from opposite sides of the racial spectrum. And this year, they are doing everything in their power to be sure that they get the polished black woman.

Don't get me wrong -- LaToya is talented. She couldn't make an emotional connection with her audiance if her life depended on it -- but there is no denying her professionalism and her talent. She is most likely "destined" to win.

But when you hear things about voting going to be open "at least" 2 hours, the obvious attempts by the judges to sway the opinion of the voting pubic, and the above mentioned comment about the producers changing the voting rules at will -- well, for me -- the illusion of a "populist vote to win" has now been completely shattered.

I will not watch the last 3 episodes. In some way, I feel cheated by this process. If I want to be thoroughly manipulated, I'll spend some time with my chriopractor...

Instead, I will trust in the observations of this forum's posters. At least, with them, I get honest opinions...

Archon
Formally an Angry Pasty White Guy, now just an Angry Guy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •