The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Low Blow"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Insulted 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Insulted Click to send private message to Insulted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Low Blow"
OK, as I'm sure you noticed, the thinly veiled political commentary in the boardroom scene was possibly the sleaziest thing ever to appear on network television.

Of course they will shrug and claim ignorance, but PLEASE!

Elizabeth "flip-flopped?"
Proving that she's "weak and ineffective?"

She was alone in not supporting a "military campaign"?
And even though she was right, she was fired because even if your action plan is WRONG you have to see it through with total confidence?
Because that's what a good leader does?

Hey, Raj was dead solid bulls-eye wrong, but at least he chose a course and stuck to it!
So he survives, we admire him!
What a strong, powerful man he is!

What baloney.
Look, Elizabeth deserved to be fired, but that boardroom scene was profoundly insulting to any viewer smart enough to see through it.
I can only hope for their sake that most of their viewers aren't.

Anyway, it makes me sad, because I've enjoyed the show & I've always defended it in great detail when people make fun of it.

But I sure the hell won't watch anymore, and I'll do my best to make sure no one else does either.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Low Blow beardance58 10-29-04 1
   RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 3
       RE: Low Blow beardance58 10-29-04 10
       RE: Low Blow Rhiannon 10-29-04 16
   RE: Low Blow lindan 10-29-04 4
       RE: Low Blow frodo2 10-29-04 7
           RE: Low Blow lindan 10-29-04 8
 RE: Low Blow Out4Blood 10-29-04 2
   RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 5
   RE: Low Blow diver 10-29-04 11
 RE: Low Blow Kelly_Smith 10-29-04 6
   RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 12
 RE: Low Blow diver 10-29-04 9
   RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 13
       RE: Low Blow Tahj 10-29-04 15
 RE: Low Blow Alag 10-29-04 14
   RE: Low Blow beardance58 10-29-04 17
       RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 23
   Trump/Kerry AyaK 10-29-04 19
       RE: Trump/Kerry Insulted 10-29-04 24
 RE: Low Blow amea_gari 10-29-04 18
   RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 21
       RE: Low Blow amea_gari 10-29-04 22
           RE: Low Blow Insulted 10-29-04 25
 RE: Low Blow Oscirus 10-29-04 20
   RE: Low Blow beardance58 10-29-04 27
 RE: Low Blow on the High Road What 10-29-04 26
   RE: Low Blow on the High Road Insulted 10-29-04 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

beardance58 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Low Blow"
Wow -- I didn't catch that. I did think that Elizabeth was right on the money by not buying in to the military idea, but when it came to implementing -- she lost it. Once again -- Kevin stood out 100%. I have not seen this guy make one mistake yet. I thought Jen took a back seat ride this week because she had the bye... and I think that Kelly has already put his foot in his mouth (Trump called him when he was exaggerating last week).

K.

10-29-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Insulted Click to send private message to Insulted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Low Blow"
Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

I'm just mad because I do NOT watch reality tv to have REALITY intrude upon it! I have reality all day...we all know the news isn't neutral. I would hope my entertainment could be.

10-29-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Low Blow"
Who is Kevin? Not me... my moniker is beardance, and I sign my posts with K because I have an unusual first name. (I do happen to have a thing for gorgeous intelligent sensitive black guys though).

K.

Rhiannon 52 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhiannon Click to send private message to Rhiannon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Low Blow"
It is a false hope that entertainment would ever be neutral. There have been many times that television sitcoms have incorporated social and political commentary into their shows, including jokes or jabs at presidents and elections. In some cases in history you will find the entertainment field was the safest place and sometimes the only place to take offense with something or someone political. If you have read through these boards the last few months you will find plenty of posters even tainting their posts with the same kind of thing (both sides). It is human nature to try and voice our own viewpoints, thoughts, and ideas as well as quite American. Lighten up it's just T.V. and if someone is going to make a decision based on something said on Apprentice they would just as easily base it on something just as lame, I think most of us are quite capable of making informed decisions and aren't influenced that way.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-04, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Low Blow"
>I have not seen this
>guy make one mistake yet.
He probably has made one mistake so far. When he was the PM for the Crest task, he didn't come up with any contingecy plans eventhough he knows Andy's Insurance idea may not be approved (I forgot who came up with the plan about bringing in the clowns and Fire Eaters)

But he's one of the candiate whom I admire the most - especially how he sticked up for Andy and Stacie J when they are being unfairly accused. Hopefully, DT will not use the fact that he does not have enough working experience to fire him later on.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Low Blow"
When he was the PM for the Crest task, he didn't come up with any contingecy plans

On the contrary, I think he turned that situation around. In the confessional, he mentioned that they had the circus performance as a general part of the background of the million dollar event, and they made it a bigger part of their plan. So he did have a contingency and executed it very well.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Low Blow"
Thanks for correcting me. I forgot completely it was Kevin who made that statement. I thought it was somebody else.

Out4Blood 52 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Out4Blood Click to send private message to Out4Blood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Low Blow"
LOL. That was funny.

But, I think it's over-reaching a bit to assume this has anything to do with the election. The candidates did what they did, regardless of editing. And they did it awhile ago.

10-29-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Low Blow"
Aw, jeez - of COURSE it does!
They edit to make it look however they want it to.

Hey, if it hadn't been so obvious, even I would have assumed I'm paranoid - heck, I AM paranoid!

But still - that was sleazy even for Donald.

Andy 4 ever.

diver 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diver Click to send private message to diver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Low Blow"
It's not about what they did. It's about how the show interprets it and trying to manipulate the viewers/voters.

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Low Blow"
I think you are reading into it too much. The show was taped MONTHS before the election. And it's not like any of the words didn't apply to the situation. But whatever, I don't think NBC will miss you as a viewer if you don't want to watch. Good luck getting your campaign to stop others from watching. Don't know why you can't just let others make their own decisions though and gotta push your own opinion onto others.

10-29-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Low Blow"
No, NBC will not miss me, and of course everyone can & will make her own decision. I just plan to speak out.

And for the record, "months ago" is EXACTLY when all the flip-flopper stuff was at it's peak.

I honesty think I was reading exactly as much as they consciously put there, and it's THEIR attempt to "push their opinion onto others" that bummed me out.

diver 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diver Click to send private message to diver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Low Blow"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

I totally agree with you. I didn't notice that. Thank you for point it out.

10-29-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Low Blow"
Thanks, diver. What a tragic mis-use of the glorious emotionally manipulative power of reality tv!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Low Blow"
One thing you haven't addressed is the fact that nobody liked the video and it did come across as heavy-handedly police state, which was a powerful statement about how the use of military force will not work. To me, that was the primary message.

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Low Blow"
Ummm, I hate to burst your boycotting bubble but Donald Trump is a big (and public) contributor to John Kerry's campaign and has said that he's voting for him. I can't find the articles off the top of my head but I'm sure if you plug in "DT" and "voting for Kerry" or "John Kerry" on Google, you'll find a page that shows his contributions.

Y'alls are reading way too much into a goofy reality show. I doubt MB and DT are savvy enough to even insert political undertones in their shows.

10-29-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Low Blow"
Which would explain why Trump hated the promo so much that he wanted to go lock himself in his room....

10-29-04, 05:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Low Blow"
Hey, anyone savvy enough to make gazillions of dollars (Burnett, Trump) knows how to talk people into stuff while making them think it's their idea. That's marketing!

Sorry I called you Kevin, bd...

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Trump/Kerry"
Trump has contributed $2,000 to both Kerry and Bush:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/politics/9407114.htm

But Trump "probably" is going to support Kerry:

http://www.hardnewsnow.com/TRUMP.html

...which, as Alag has already pointed out, makes the premise of this post totally wrong.

The only hidden message is that a flip-flopper IS weak and indecisive, as Elizabeth was if you watched the show. Whether John Kerry is a flip-flopper or not is a topic better suited to the Off-Topic forum.

10-29-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Trump/Kerry"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Trump is a diabolical master manipulator who is hiding the robotic bolts in his brain with that ungodly rug of his.

And let us all agree, Elizabeth deserved what she got.

But they also cut all of her flip-flopping together - it's entirely possible she said & did all kinds of stuff we never saw.

That's how these things create drama, right?

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-04, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Low Blow"
It took me all of 10 seconds to find this.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/a/079398.htm

The claim that any intelligent person would have caught on to the 'blatant' political leanings in this episoode is presumptuous. Especially when one does a little research.

10-29-04, 04:37 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Low Blow"
Thanks for the link - that's hilarious.

But of course Trump had nothing to do with it - it's all the work of a "renegade editor" (Photoshopped soldiers, anyone?)

Who knows about Trump's politics, or Mark Burnett's? I don't, and I don't want to. I don't want to know if they don't agree with mine, 'cause it'll turn me off.

THAT'S why tv usually avoids taking sides - they want every viewer they can get and they don't like to alienate any of them.

And thanks to all who said "hey, that's what Burnett does - if there's a controversy, he exploits it."

I guess it's never bothered me til now because it's never mattered.

This week, it matters. Real sleaze does not fly with me this week. Especically not during my designated weekly hour of fake sleaze.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-04, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Low Blow"
Oh sure, it could be the work of a renegade editor. But somehow I doubt it.
Can you imagine the lawsuit Trump would file? the team of 50 crack lawyers he would have on his side? This is a political ad, not just some internet hooligan's webpage comedy. And believe me, considering I found it in 10 seconds ( I kid you not, first link at the top of my google), Trump, or at least his people, DO know about it.

10-29-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Low Blow"
How do you know it's a real political ad?

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-29-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Low Blow"
I do believe that you are reading too much into the boardroom scene. The only thing the use of the word flip flopper did was to give the summary writer this week easy jabs at kerry if said writer decides to go that way.

Kevin while an outstanding candidate has made a few mistakes most notably the overpricing issue.

She wasn't alobne Kevin did not support the military theme either and he was pretty vocal on this point. He just got overshadowed by elizabeth's incompetance.

10-29-04, 05:57 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Low Blow"
What were Kevin's error. I didn't think that the overpricing was entirely the result of Kevin. and that entire task was a mess... that nobody could retrieve out of the gutter.

What 209 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Low Blow on the High Road"
You should watch just to complain, Trump loves that.

10-29-04, 06:26 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Low Blow on the High Road"
Well, I'm not a Neilsen family, I don't have a TiVo, and as far as I know there's no lo-jack chip implanted in my cerebral cortex (yet) so...

...no one will know if I watch or not. But it's the principle of the thing,

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •