The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm stupid - please help me"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm stupid - please help me"
I was totally caught off guard last night with the revealing of the votes. At what point did they break to the live show??? Was it just before the commercial when they were going to read the votes? Or did they actually vote and do the jury last night?? Obviously everyone was in the same clothes when the votes were read, but I've been racking by brain wishing I'd recorded the show on my vcr.

Somebody help me sleep tonight!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm stupid - please help me zzz 01-11-02 1
   RE: I'm stupid - please help me PagongRatEater 01-11-02 3
 RE: I'm stupid - please help me sittem 01-11-02 2
 RE: I'm stupid - please help me SurvivorBlows 01-11-02 4
   RE: I'm stupid - please help me ItzLisa 01-11-02 6
 RE: I'm stupid - please help me JohnMc 01-11-02 5
 RE: I'm stupid - please help me DarkLotus 01-14-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-11-02, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
I am pretty sure (someone please tell me if you think otherwise) that everything was in Africa until we came back from the last commercial. Once we came back from commercial, we saw JeffP read the votes and Ethan jump for joy. That happened in the studio.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
I think it was when Jeff went to go tally the votes - you could tell that there was a change in MK's voice between when he walked away to tally and then came back with his whole speech and E/MK last thoughts before revealing the votes. My wife very astutely noticed the change immediately, but it was VERY well done! We had it on tape and it appeared that MK lost a little bit of the leathery look and put on a little weight. What is really cool is that they called Ethan 39 days before the show was airing and had him regrow a 39 day old beard. Perfect!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-11-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
It caught me a bit off guard also - for Outback they had announced the votes would not be revealed until after the show had been broadcast. If I remember correctly, they cut to the live broadcast after 9 pm (central time) and then revealed the votes and it was obviously the studio.

The break last night came after the end of the voting. They cut to commercial and then when they came back it was live. I didn't even notice until the audience started to applaud after the fourth vote for Ethan, but looking back at the tape you notice that the sound quality is different and both Ethan and Kim's hair looked a lot better, though they tried to make it look as much like Africa as possible - Ethan also had to keep his beard until last night. This morning if you saw him you notice that he cut if off overnight.

I thought it was pretty slick - though, of course, me wife who never watches the show said she thought something was different while she was watching it.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-11-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-02 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

The voting was in Africa. The post-commerical footage was in the studio.

The facial hair was all real:

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?23038

Ethan Zohn, who won the $1 million prize Thursday night (Jan. 10) on the finale of "Survivor: Africa," wouldn't listen to his fellow finalist, Kim Johnson.

"I kept telling him he was going to win," Johnson told reporters after the live annoucement of the winner -- revealed to be at CBS studios in Los Angeles only after the final votes were called -- and reunion show.

At the final tribal council in Kenya, however, Zohn had no idea how the vote would go.

"You go over it every 10 minutes," he said. "In my mind, it was even."

Executive producer Mark Burnett said that the final four contestants -- Lex Van den Berghe and Tom Buchanan were the other two -- and the seven exiled players who made up the jury were all in on the decision not to reveal they'd left Africa until the winner was announced. All wore the same clothes they had on at the final council, and the men were called about a month before Thursday's show and told to regrow whatever facial hair they'd had.

"I think it went well," Burnett said. "It was a big risk, but it paid off."

Van den Berghe complied with the producers' request, but shaved immediately after the reunion show ended, saying he "couldn't wait" to get rid of the beard again.

Zohn, a professional soccer player before traveling to Africa for the game, said he's now coaching and would like to start a youth league for disadvantaged kids in New York City, where he lives.

"There are a lot of great kids in New York ... but they can't afford to play in the leagues," he said.

All four players revealed their first indulgences upon returning home. Zohn ate Rice Krispies treats "until I almost passed out." Buchanan, who said he dreamed of "four-foot cheeseburgers" in Africa, found a more manageable one in his home state of Virginia. Van den Berghe followed a comfort-food meal of grilled cheese and tomato soup with a $375 spending spree at the grocery, while Johnson craved things she'd never really wanted before.

"I couldn't get doughnuts in me fast enough," she said. "The first time I went to the drugstore, I bought five candy bars and ended up eating them all."

None of the four seemed too concerned about handling the notoriety that comes with the game. Buchanan, a goat and cattle farmer, said he'd enjoy whatever opportunities might come his way because of "Survivor," but when the run ends, "I'll go back and put my boots on."

He also noted that the nearly 80 pounds he lost while in Africa was a record for "Survivor" contestants.

"I lost more weight than anyone," he said, "so at least I won something."

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-11-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
>Zohn ate Rice Krispies treats "until I almost passed out."

*** LOL!!! Not only is that too cute, but it's a great visual, hee hee!

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-11-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
Thanks for the insights. It was certainly a VERY slick way of doing things. And I'm VERY impressed that Lex and Ethan could grow back their facial hair exactly 39 days before the show aired live. That was so bizarre to hear vote announced and then the audience screaming in applause.

I wonder what happened on the set after JP said, "I'll go tally the votes." Everyone would have to know at that point in time at least what the plan is for the reunion show. Totally cool show!

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-14-02, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DarkLotus Click to send private message to DarkLotus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I'm stupid - please help me"
Hey, you're not the only one. I was completely fooled. Once the audience started cheering I was like, "What the heck? They're using canned crowd responses?", then they showed the audience.

What's sad is that my fiance, who is blind, wasn't surprised by it at all. I guess she could tell that the acoustics were different or somesuch.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •