The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"US/Canadian Previews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

BlondeGirl 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlondeGirl Click to send private message to BlondeGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"US/Canadian Previews"
My sister called during the previews so I only half-watched, (I know, kill me!) but from what I saw Elisabeth was saying Jerri "had to go" and Colby was saying he "lied to Jerri but he wasn't loosing any sleep over it".

I've been reading over at the ss board and it said that the focus of the US version was Jerri...well, maybe I saw her on there, but if I did, I got lucky and blocked it out! From what I could tell, the US preview was mostly about Elisabeth. Did anyone see the Canadian preview?

What did *you* see on the preview? I'm afraid for Elisabeth, frankly. When Jeff said that they were going to "eat 'em up and spit 'em out", he was *gone*!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: US/Canadian Previews Lurking 03-11-01 1
 RE: US/Canadian Previews PepeLePew13 03-12-01 2
   RE: US/Canadian Previews my0wn 03-12-01 4
 RE: US/Canadian Previews ItzLisa 03-12-01 3
   Differences AyatollahKhomeini 03-12-01 6
 RE: US/Canadian Previews PepeLePew13 03-12-01 5
   RE: US/Canadian Previews ItzLisa 03-12-01 7
       PepeLePew13, I Stand Corrected! ItzLisa 03-12-01 9
   RE: US/Canadian Previews my0wn 03-12-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-01, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
I'm concerned, too, but only a little bit - I think it's going to take a lot to distract Ogakor from voting Alicia or Nick out. Will Elisabeth's actions be enough to divert their attention? Not likely, but almost anything can happen now.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-01, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
I'd like to know if there's any difference between the Canadian and the US previews? I'm on the Canuck side and I didn't see any "Jerri has to go" comment -- then again the closed captions on my TV may not have picked it up. Can someone confirm if there's any difference between the two versions and if Elisabeth actually said that to Colby?

The Canadian preview was 100% about Elisabeth going from one person to another (about 7 or 8 from what I could see).

You're right, it could be a sign that Elisabeth is gone this week (or next week) for exposing herself as a leader type. Then again, in Ep3, Rodger fell and Maralyn was the one who had boot-prints planted on her butt.

I'm betting on Alicia being gone this week, but not before giving her 2 cents worth to Jerri, hopefully!

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-12-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
here is the link to watch the Canadian preview and see screen caps.

http://www.survivornews.net/news/200103/09-canadian.preview/

I wish I could make out what is said during the shots with Liz and Alicia dressed in black. It sounds to me like they are discussing getting picked of one by one, then I think Liz says I think there's a crack right now, it then cuts to her talking solo saying that you have to be a little ruthless.

here is a link for the US preview http://survivor.cbs.com/primetime/survivor2/index.html
screen caps
http://www.rovivrus.com/opening.htm

I can't imagine Ogakor being stupid enough to not vote together, as much as I would love to see Jerri and Amber gone, ASAP I just don't see it happening. They have made Jerri a center point on every show just like they did Rich, so I wouldn't be surprised if she won it all. I would be sick lol, at least Rich did something!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-12-01, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
There's no difference between the US previews and the Canadian previews. I live in NY and my boyfriend lives in Toronto. We "watch the show together" over the phone (I've posted this before when the question was asked), and aside from our broadcasts being behind or ahead of each other by a couple seconds, they're the same. And I know this for a fact because we can hear each other's television sets over the phone, so I know it's the same. Whether it's different in another part of Canada, like Quebec or such, I don't know, but I don't see how - that would be like if the previews were different in different US states. But Toronto and US are the same.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-12-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Differences"
I haven't been paying much attention to the "developments" over the weekend because it's so obvious that Ogakor holds together this week. However, I did see a big thread on ss.com on Friday about the fact that the Global preview (follow the survivornews link above) was different from the CBS preview for E8. It may reflect the fact that MB is thrilled that so many people are focused on Jerri in the States and he wants to exploit it, especially since Jerri is PART OF THE OGAKOR ALLIANCE, FOR NOW...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-01 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

Thanks a million (no pun intended), my0wn, for the tidbit/links!

I do know for a fact that the Canadian feed have Canadian commercials while on the CBS feed they leave the commercials as is, even if the show's exactly the same. So... there's no reason why they can't put in a different preview at the end just like Global would put in their own commercials instead of keeping the CBS ones.

Will go check out the different previews...

Are we now to presume that because of the different previews that they mean dip-squat to what actually happens in the next show and are not worth paying attention to for spoiler value? Yes, some previews have foretold what was going to happen, but at the same time, there have been some that were jumbo red herrings.

03-12-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
>I do know for a fact that the Canadian feed have Canadian commercials while on the CBS feed they leave the commercials as is, even if the show's exactly the same. So... there's no reason why they can't put in a different preview at the end just like Global would put in their own commercials instead of keeping the CBS ones.

***No, I understand and I hear what you're saying, because when I hear the commercials on his end of the phone, sometimes they're different than the commercials here (sometimes they run the same ones though) - but the previews have so far been the same on both our ends of the phone. But I'll pay closer attention this week and see if they run anything different.

03-12-01, 04:23 PM (EST)
9. "PepeLePew13, I Stand Corrected!"
Pepe, I think you're right - so I won't have to retype it all, here's my copy and paste of my response to you in Grumpy Angel's post....

>If your boyfriend is in Toronto, then he gets both the CBS feed (American) and the Global feed (Canadian) since he's within 75 miles of the US border. He was probably watching the CBS channel with you over the phone.

**** Ah Haaa!!!! THAT'S what it must be! I didn't know what to think, with so many postings AND that website saying there were different previews, and me knowing that I heard the same one. But it would make sense that he'd tune into the CBS one so we'd be closer broadcast-wise. When the broadcasts are too far apart if he's watching Global, it drives us nuts because we can hear each other's TVs over the phone. So, if the broadcasts are off by a few seconds, it's no big deal. But if it's off by a few minutes, it's very distracting to listen to. I think you just figured it out!

my0wn 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-12-01, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail my0wn Click to send private message to my0wn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: US/Canadian Previews"
Yes I agree that the spoiler input of the previews will be nill since everyone is quite sure that Alicia is gone. It may be something we can look at in the future though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •