The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kevin"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-04, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kevin"
do you guys think that Kevin was too nice to Elizabeth? I do. I would really let her have it. He was way too nice in the boardroom as well. What does everyone else think??? BTW, do ya think if someone whacked Maria on the back really hard her eyes would pop out???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kevin Ricky 10-29-04 1
   RE: Kevin eagle_eyez 10-29-04 2
 RE: Kevin rtrader 10-29-04 3
   RE: Kevin eagle_eyez 10-29-04 4
   RE: Kevin ARnutz 10-29-04 23
 RE: Kevin TechNoir 10-29-04 5
   Tsk, tsk, tsk... HistoryDetective 10-29-04 7
       snark! DontGetMeStarted 10-29-04 24
 RE: Kevin Chuck45 10-29-04 6
 RE: Kevin What 10-29-04 8
   Kevin is a law student realitychick 10-29-04 10
   RE: Kevin frodo2 10-29-04 14
       Who is the one from last year that ... DontGetMeStarted 10-29-04 25
   RE: Kevin Captain_Savem 10-29-04 21
 RE: Kevin okaychatt 10-29-04 9
 RE: Kevin Oscirus 10-29-04 11
 RE: Kevin Out4Blood 10-29-04 12
   RE: Kevin frodo2 10-29-04 13
   RE: Kevin qwertypie 10-29-04 19
 RE: Kevin Bebo 10-29-04 15
   RE: Kevin Captain_Savem 10-29-04 22
 Kevin is stronger than Kwame frodo2 10-29-04 16
   RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame beardance58 10-29-04 17
   RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame RealityX 10-29-04 26
   RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame trigirl 10-30-04 27
 RE: Kevin beardance58 10-29-04 18
 I'd love to see Kevin deal with Oma... amea_gari 10-29-04 20
 RE: Kevin BOYmeetsREALITY 10-30-04 28
   RE: Kevin ARnutz 10-30-04 29
       RE: Kevin BOYmeetsREALITY 10-30-04 30
           RE: Kevin ARnutz 10-30-04 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-04, 06:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kevin"
No, I think Kevin tried to explain things to Elizabeth as would be expected if they were working together at a company. The others were just mean to her and wouldn't really help her. She knew that military concept wasn't a good idea but the team wouldn't back her up. Raj was the one pushing the military idea so hard, he's just as much too blame.

eagle_eyez 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eagle_eyez Click to send private message to eagle_eyez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kevin"
>No, I think Kevin tried to
>explain things to Elizabeth as
>would be expected if they
>were working together at a
>company. The others were just
>mean to her and wouldn't
>really help her. She knew
>that military concept wasn't a
>good idea but the team
>wouldn't back her up. Raj
>was the one pushing the
>military idea so hard, he's
>just as much too blame.
>
I agree here. There was really no need for Kevin to lash out at Elizabeth because Jen M. was doing a great job at that. He just explained what was going on and that was all. She knew that he had worked hard on the task and was straight with her so that's why she didn't chose him to go in there with her. But as we all saw, it didn't matter and she was fired anyway.

rtrader 277 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rtrader Click to send private message to rtrader Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kevin"
do you guys think that Kevin was too nice to Elizabeth? I do. I would really let her have it. He was way too nice in the boardroom as well. What does everyone else think???

I think Kevin geniunely wanted to win this task, and since Elizabeth was the project leader, he figured he had to work with her. Elizabeth was so incompetant that Kevin tried to politely tell her she needs to become decisive and try to salvage the team task, but she wouldn't listen, so even Kevin gave up on her. I think he was also smart enough to see the writing on the wall (in the boardroom), and Kevin doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who bashes people in the boardroom. He just explains what happened and if someone is at fault, he points that out without letting it get too personal.

eagle_eyez 78 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eagle_eyez Click to send private message to eagle_eyez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kevin"

>I think Kevin geniunely wanted to
>win this task, and since
>Elizabeth was the project leader,
>he figured he had to
>work with her. Elizabeth
>was so incompetant that Kevin
>tried to politely tell her
>she needs to become decisive
>and try to salvage the
>team task, but she wouldn't
>listen, so even Kevin gave
>up on her. I
>think he was also smart
>enough to see the writing
>on the wall (in the
>boardroom), and Kevin doesn't seem
>to be the kind of
>guy who bashes people in
>the boardroom. He just
>explains what happened and if
>someone is at fault, he
>points that out without letting
>it get too personal.

Very well said. I agree completely

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-04, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kevin"
I agree... very well said!

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kevin"
Yes, I think Kevin was too nice to Elizabeth. I said at the time that he should have just pulled out a weapon and shot her between the eyes.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Tsk, tsk, tsk..."
Now, Tech, you're confusing foreign policy with good business practices. He should have given her a tax break just to distract her and shut her up.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "snark! "
good ones!

Chuck45 65 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chuck45 Click to send private message to Chuck45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kevin"
I agree with the others that it wasn't necessary to go off on Elizabeth. Kevin handled it in the professional manner required. Kevin is great at being stable and to the point. Good luck to him.

What 209 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kevin"
I think it's a love hate thing between Kevin and Liz. I mean, who says "shut up" during an interview?

Perhaps that was Kevin's way of giving Elizabeth a promotion. Maybe, if she's willing to shut the fock up, she should work for the CIA. She's all questions and no answers.

I think if someone whacked Maria on the back, she'd fall down and her boobs would fall out because her "heels" are so high. Not that she has a chip on her shoulder or anything.

realitychick 200 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitychick Click to send private message to realitychick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Kevin is a law student"
I could see his candor and negotiating skills at work. He should have been commended for what he did. He tried to take a situation and nip it in the bud to get things resolved and done. Kevin can be my attorney anytime!

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Kevin"
I mean, who says "shut up" during an interview?

Kevin was trying to shock her into a different state. Elizabeth was worried and emotional she couldn't think straight. Most of the candidates don't even get as much as she got in the way of coaching from Kevin, so she lost fair and square.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-29-04, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Who is the one from last year that she reminds"
me of Kristi? I think it was the fetish model... or was that on Joe Million..? She is like someone else (forgettable) though...

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-29-04, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kevin"
It was either that or b!tch slap. I think he made the correct choice.

The Evolution Continues...

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-29-04, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kevin"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

No, I think Keven was just being professional. Why create drama if you can just take care of business? The man is a class act.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-29-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kevin"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

There was no need for him to go off on her in the boardroom it would only make him look like an a55 to do so with everybody else already going off on her. As for earlier he showed alot of patience putting up with her bs be4 he reached his boiling point.
He was the only one who showed any professionalism by at least pulling her outside and trying to explain all this to her.

Out4Blood 52 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Out4Blood Click to send private message to Out4Blood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kevin"
Kevin earned the right to tell it to her straight by staying up half the night with her working on a new campaign theme. She deserved the abuse he gave her when she back-trakced on THAT theme as well.

Kevin was rightfully, pissed, but at least he went I told it to her straight. The others were all talking behind her back.

10-29-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kevin"
That wouldn't even qualify as abuse. He told her the facts and tried to get her to calm down, but Elizabeth was operating from a frame of fear. If you can't even tell someone they're doing something wrong, then every parent abuses their child. Every single one.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Kevin"
I so agree, and she was so clueless that she totally missed the heads up he was trying to send.

And I do think Maria's eyes would pop out.
(BTW, does she wear ill fitting contacts? That would explain all the BLINKING, or maybe it is a tic.)

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Kevin"
Kevin was tactful and smart. I think the tactfulness was just his standard way of treating people. He didn't need to go off on her in the boardroom - why stick out as a malcontent when Elizabeth's blunders spoke such volumes? He had nothing to gain by being a bad guy.

Please abide in my words, for my references speak of the truth that is within me.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-29-04, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kevin"
He had nothing to gain by being a bad guy.

Yeah, that's Shake's job...

The Evolution Continues...

10-29-04, 02:41 PM (EST)
16. "Kevin is stronger than Kwame"
I think Kevin is stronger than Kwame. In addition to being likeable and honorable, he's not afraid to discipline a subordinate or call out BS when he sees it. Those are necessary leadership traits. Kevin also won his task and turned around a difficult situation when Andy's million dollar giveaway idea failed. If he can get past the interview episode, he's got a shot at the final rounds.

beardance58 78 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame"
What interview episode?

K.

RealityX 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityX Click to send private message to RealityX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame"
>I think Kevin is stronger than
>Kwame. In addition to being
>likeable and honorable, he's not
>afraid to discipline a subordinate
>or call out BS when
>he sees it. Those are
>necessary leadership traits.

So far it seems Kevin is more involved in putting ideas out on the table and fighting in a loud voice. Kevin's style may be more dramatic and entertaining, but Kwame's style may be more smooth, conservative, and long term. Kwame said he came up in a family like on the Cosby Show, which would make him a long term man. Kwame's Harvard MBA "gets loud" for him.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-04, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Kevin is stronger than Kwame"
I think Kevin is stronger than Kwame.

...and Bill!

beardance58 78 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kevin"
Is Kevin being set up in our eyes? I mean, he is looking an awful like the good guy -- is he just being set up to fail? I mean, they could edit that stuff out and not make him look so good...

K.

amea_gari 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amea_gari Click to send private message to amea_gari Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "I'd love to see Kevin deal with Omarosa"
Someone down the line said that Kevin is stronger than Kwame, and this made me imagine Kevin in Kwame's place, that last episode last season. Mmm. I was very disappointed in Kwame when he didn't call SWMNBN out. Kevin does seem to be a straight shooter.
Dare I hope that she who must not be named makes a reappearance? *ducks as people throw rotten vegetables at her*

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-04, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Kevin"
Too nice? Hmmm.....no.

Actually, he displayed the sort of control and professionalism one would expect of a friendly co-worker or manager.

He did all he could to help her on the project. As a team member, Kevin knows that "as the PM goes, so does the team." If the team loses, he has to go back to the boardroom!

In the back of his head somewhere, a little voice was reminding him that HE ALONE is the one who hand selected Elizabeth to be on his team. I think that's why he was so eager to help save the project.

Nice, maybe. But it was all about self-preservation.....

Besides, you can only correct a person's mistakes so many times before you realize you are wasting your time.

10-30-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Kevin"
Hello Boy,

I agree with everything you said! It was very well put.

I'm confused on this point: In the back of his head somewhere, a little voice was reminding him that HE ALONE is the one who hand selected Elizabeth to be on his team.

If you mean when the teams were mixed? It was Jenn M. who kept Elizabeth on Apex, while Kevin was sent over there by Wes. Unless you were perhaps referring to something else that I missed?

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Kevin"
YIKES!

Thanks for setting me straight ARNUTZ!

You didn't miss a thing! I was so happy to be able to find some time to post here that I mistook Kevin as being the one who chose teams and not Wes!

I blew that thought right out of the wrong hole I guess! HAHA!

Sorry for the confusion!

10-30-04, 03:57 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Kevin"
It's OK. These candidates confuse us all the time! I've made my share of mistakes too, no biggie!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •