The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editing in this episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

FlyinBrian 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-29-04, 02:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FlyinBrian Click to send private message to FlyinBrian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editing in this episode"
Is it just me, or was the editing in this episode horrible? When Kelly is saying “those are both good points, except for the first one because it doesn’t matter what he wants, and the second one because this isn’t a debate.” Kelly has his hand over his mouth and doesn’t look like he is talking. In fact, the whole scene where they are talking about who will make the pitch you never see anyone’s mouth moving. Most of the time we don’t even see Andy and Kelly in the same shot, and it seems like they weren’t both in the room at the same time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Editing in this episode DHerder222 10-29-04 1
 RE: Editing in this episode Ricky 10-29-04 2
 RE: Editing in this episode Joools 10-29-04 3
   RE: Editing in this episode jae 10-29-04 4
       Article on bad voiceovers ARnutz 10-30-04 7
           RE: Article on bad voiceovers What 10-30-04 8
               RE: Article on bad voiceovers ARnutz 10-30-04 10
 Subliminals in this episode What 10-29-04 5
 RE: Editing in this episode trigirl 10-30-04 6
 RE: Editing in this episode BOYmeetsREALITY 10-30-04 9
 Editing and Voiceovers trigirl 10-31-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DHerder222 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 02:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DHerder222 Click to send private message to DHerder222 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Editing in this episode"
I think the editing for the whole season so far has been very subpar. I don't think I even saw Chris or Sandy do a talking head piece until the fourth episode or so. And those Trump voiceovers just before each firing have been laughably obvious. The producers are clearly doing their best to manipulate scenes to be more dramatic, and I don't fault them for doing that, but the editors from Season One were 36591 times better.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-04, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Editing in this episode"
I've noticed some voice overs were dubbed in for Donald in the board room (which was also the case in other episodes). He had a quick witty comment after watching the military/NYPD commercial in the board room but it didn't really come off the cuff - it was definitely added in later. I can't think of the exact comment right now.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-04, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Editing in this episode"
If you gegt a chance you might want to try and catch the VH1 special Reality Secrets Revealed 2. They do a segment on "creative editing" and voiceovers and dubbing. It's actually really interesting the kind of stuff they do for ratings and watercooler talk.

jae 412 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-29-04, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jae Click to send private message to jae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Editing in this episode"
Maybe they made the voiceovers obvious for a reason. Because if they try to integrate it seamlessly into the actual conversation then that's not Reality anymore now is it? And the editors and producers have um, a lot of pride in making this into a TRUE reality show so they make voiceovers obvious.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-04, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Article on bad voiceovers"
I found this today. Seems many people have noticed! Guess this show will never win any Outstanding Editing awards!

What's with Trump's weird voiceovers?

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

What 209 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-04, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Article on bad voiceovers"
"Nothing can compare with the drama of watching B-school graduates verbally claw each other in order to win the approval of a billionaire mogul."

A little harsh Andy. You seem to be loving it and hating it at the same time.... that's a little too kinky for me.

I think he's more like a mogul of billionaires... a bone collector.

"...and without even sending the candidates out of the room first."

Donald likes the masses to watch when he screws them over. It's like 15-1/2 weeks for Dummies meets Eyes Wide Shut.

"While Trump speaks in a weird, slower, overlord voice, we don’t see his face and hair... some of the audio is being dubbed, replaced by voiceovers Trump records later."

A weird, slower overload voice.... very funny. Are you reading my mind? Face and hair.... very funny, are you reading his mind?

"Elizabeth, these people think you're virtually incompetent."

What Donald is really saying is that Elizabeth wouldn't make a very good sanitary napkin for him, but when Donald says it, it sounds like a bad thing.

"You let your team change your mind for you?"

It's called gathering intelligence Donald. Sometimes you gotta make an informed decision.

“Wow, based on that, I feel I live in a police state. Forget shooting 'The Apprentice,' I oughta go upstairs and lock my door.”

I think Donald is blaming the NYPD for the crime rate in NY. Yeah right, lock your door... I noticed it took Kevin to manually close your door in the last episode. Ummm, hmmmm... that's just good carpentry.

“The thing I really dislike, Stacy — and this is week after week, this isn’t just now — is that you’re always complaining.”

Stacy can only respond to her environment, and you seem to breed complaints Donald.

"Kevin, you made a critical error by overpricing the designs, and in business, bad pricing can just kill you."

In other words, Trump believes that Kevin isn't worth what he's paying him to be on the show.... Ooops, he's not paying them to be on the show, so he's worth les than nothing?

"The quality is bad and the audio is poorly modulated, so it’s distinctly different. Something is definitely awry."

Yeah, Donald's attention span and level of self preservation. He actually decided to watch the show sometime between after firing his last victim and when the show aired, then decided he had better change his verbiage, so he doesn't look like a complete idiot, just a partial idiot.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-04, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Article on bad voiceovers"
"Elizabeth, these people think you're virtually incompetent."

What Donald is really saying is that Elizabeth wouldn't make a very good sanitary napkin for him, but when Donald says it, it sounds like a bad thing.

LOL! Now that is funny!

*snort*

What 209 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Subliminals in this episode"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

It's a blooper.

Kevin let out too much information about this show with regard to the viewing public. They probably fabricate the ratings just so they can get the advertising dollars. As far as the networks go, their only customers are advertisers.

-----------

Caption this:

"Those are both good points."

How he sees "women", just a couple of boobs. Yeah, she can talk, and I'll listen.... as long as you show me the honey honey.

"Except for the first one because it doesn't matter what he wants."

It's a scam. The networks tell the advertisers to spend money on their shows to appeal to the public, and the networks tell the public to spend money on their advertisers or they will have enough money to bring you such fine entertainment that is based on the backs of slaves from the general public to begin with. It's a vicious cycle. All they care about are dead Presidents. It's like both the general public and advertisers are working blind because they rely too heavily on the media for information. Information that ultimately separates them from their disposible income at the end of the paycheck. We all need things, moral is, just make an informed choice.

"The second one, this isn't a debate."

They aren't willing to haggle over price. This is, however, a used car lot, and you get what you pay for.

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-30-04, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Editing in this episode"
Kevin was edited positively, Kelly was not. My two faves. Editing is the best spoiler of all.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-04, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Editing in this episode"
You're right!
The editing this whole season has been terrible.

No wonder they didn't win the EMMY AWARD!!!

Note to DT: Fix it or YOU'RE FIRED!

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-31-04, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Editing and Voiceovers"
The bad voiceovers have been happening since season 1...they have been a pet peeve of mine all along. They are not limited to the boardroom. They happen quite a lot while Trump is explaining the challenge. Did you notice on this episode while Trump is on the plane off to Equador, there is a part dubbed in about Bill Rancic? Dub, dub, dub. It's is a post-production tool to explain Trump's weird behaviour and comments.

I re-watched the editing of the Deutch episode and you are right. I think there were parts of the Andy \ Kelly dicussion that were not filmed at the same time. I think the pieced different conversations together...some where Andy was not even in the room...to make it look more like an Andy against Kelly situation. What...did Mosaic perform so well that there was not enough drama...or are they setting us up for the demise of Kelly?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •