The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Office Pool Team Draft"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-02-02, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Office Pool Team Draft"
We had our team draft this morning for the office pool on TAR3, and although I provided everyone with the team bio's from the CBS site and encouraged everyone to research the Internet, the draft order (especially the first two picks) was puzzling. First we drew numbers for draft order, then picked the teams. Here are the strange results:

1- Dennis/Andrew (Huh?)
2- Teri/Ian (double Huh???)
3- Andre/Damon (okay, somebody knows what they're doing!)
4- Flo/Zach (my pick, maybe a little chancy this high, but playing a hunch)
5- Heather/Eve
6- Gina/Sylvia
7- JV/Jill
8- Derek/Drew
9- Tramel/Talicia
10- Aaron/Arianne
11- Michael/Kathy
12- Ken/Gerard

Wow, picks 7-10 really got lucky, IMO.
Still trying to figure where those first two picks came from...obviously these guys did no research. The number one picker was good enough to take Blake/Paige with the two pick last time and is a long-time regular viewer, so that was a real surprise to me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Office Pool Team Draft managerr 10-02-02 1
 RE: Office Pool Team Draft Survivorerist 10-02-02 2
   RE: Office Pool Team Draft railfan 10-02-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-02-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Office Pool Team Draft"
Flo/Zach is an extremely smart pick based on what Phil has been saying about them. We definitely know they have a sub plot storyline (The Will They/Won't They hook up)--I don't know if they win, but it's safe to say they'll make it to the end of the game.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-02-02, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Office Pool Team Draft"
Just out of curiousity, how does your draft work, rail?

(Another IceCat original )

Yes, we have no bananas.
-Placeholder quote until TAR3 tonight

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-02-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Office Pool Team Draft"
Get twelve people together and draw numbered slips of paper for draft order. As organizer, I supplied everybody with the team bio's as soon as cbs.com posted them and encouraged Internet research. I draw the last number after everybody else gets a shot---last spring I got #1 anyway and picked Chex after talking up Blake and Paige to everybody. I would have picked A-Mon today if I had the chance, but they got picked just ahead of me and now I think now I'm glad about it, they were a real disappointment from the first red light running to the donkey cart choice. Anyway, we just go thru the numbers, the person that draws one picks first and #12 takes what's left.

I came up with the concept after a couple of Survivor pools where we just drew names. I like the idea of drafting, some incentive to study the teams and try to figure out who will do well.

Five dollars each, $40 first place, $15 for second and $5 for third.

Last spring I messed up, because I thought the first show was just an intro to the teams. Really turned out well because we picked after watching the teams in action (fortunately had a volunteer to drop out, leaving just ten of us). This time we had 12 ready to go, so we picked this morning in about 10 minutes just before work.

As noted, I took Flo and Zach with the fourth pick, who seem capable enough but I think the hating hats have now been replaced by the hating headbands.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •