The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-29-04, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

Be all that you can be - in the NYPD. (I love to rhyme).
Tonight, I didn't have time to sift thru the B.S. and the team PMs were both bad. But hey, at least we had a clear winner with the client (the NYPD), who thought that one team's video and ads "blew away" the other. Apex is led by Elizabeth, and Andy is leading Mosaic (that's my boy!!).

Ok, I've shown up in my limo. Hi, see you at the BR.
(teams bicker and fight).

BR: ok, I'm back from my private dinner with Meliana and I'm in a good mood. Who is the losing team tonight? Ok, let me see this video they made.
What? THAT's pretty bad. Scary. Do we live in a police state, George? It makes me wanna not come to the Boardroom and stay at home with the doors locked (but then so does Meliana). whew. Ok, teams, what did you think?

Eliz: But it wasn't my fault. I did nothing wrong. I just double-talk and flip-flop and it usually gets me out of these messes.
JenM: Eliz is incompetent.
Ivana: ditto.
Chris: ditto.
Raj: yes, we hate Eliz.
Kevin: yeah, a lot.

me - Eliz, how many would you like to take the the BR with you?
Elizabeth - "2. Chris and Raj."
me - Buzz. Wrong answer.

Ok, so if we use the same criteria that Apex and Elizabeth used to oust Staci J, and if we carry one over and divide by the square root of n... we get the Theorem of Least Popular and

I'll make this easy. Why waste my precious Meliana time?
Elizabeth - you're fired!
Yes, boys and girls, stop staring and get the hell outta here!

Boy that was an easy one. George, Carolyn, wasn't that an easy one?

Let's skip the BR tonight. I just can't be bothered with you losers anymore.

p.s. Feel free to post comments as a watcher or cameraman, but I believe we still have a character or 2 open to speak as them.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 What 10-29-04 1
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Alag 10-29-04 2
       RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 What 10-29-04 9
   Olympic Olympic 10-29-04 3
       RE: Olympic What 10-29-04 10
 RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Estee 10-29-04 4
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 What 10-29-04 11
 RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 buckeyegirl 10-29-04 5
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Estee 10-29-04 8
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 What 10-29-04 12
   and this would affect things, how? Angelfood 10-29-04 20
       RE: and this would affect things, h... buckeyegirl 10-29-04 23
 RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Joools 10-29-04 6
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Estee 10-29-04 7
       RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 What 10-29-04 13
       RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Joools 10-29-04 19
           RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Estee 10-31-04 24
 Hellooooo! tig_ger 10-29-04 14
   RE: Hellooooo! What 10-29-04 22
 Pepito! Alag 10-29-04 15
 RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Kelly_Smith 10-29-04 16
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 frodo2 10-29-04 17
       RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 beardance58 10-29-04 18
           RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Angelfood 10-29-04 21
   RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8 Estee 10-31-04 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

What 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-04, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
It was bad. I was embarrased for them. Especially in Kelly with his military background and wanting to use sex appeal to recruit cadets.

You could see it all over Mr. Deutsch's face. He was disappointed.

I would have just asked my team: What does freedom mean to you?

Taken that premise to the streets and asked that question of every-day New Yorkers with hopefully simple answers to work from.

Take those answers/requests and ask current cadets how they would defend those freedoms.

It's positive and gets people thinking, and for the military/PD types, spurs them on into action.

BTW, many cadets may come from the military, so I don't know why Elizabeth was so against it. They just went to the extreme, and they ended up with a Nazi ad.

They gang-banged Elizabeth this episode. Vulgar and unnecessary. They may have been disappointed with her leadership skills, but there are so many other ways to say goodbye without severing the femoral artery of each and every contestant as they go.

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-29-04, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
<<>They gang-banged Elizabeth this episode.
>Vulgar and unnecessary. They
>may have been disappointed with
>her leadership skills, but there
>are so many other ways
>to say goodbye without severing
>the femoral artery of each
>and every contestant as they
>go. >>

Completely agree. Even though Jen was so articulate in the BR, I hated hearing her say that they should just lose so that Elizabeth gets fired. The only person I still have respect for now is Kevin. And Wes genuinely seems like a nice person. I liked that he tried to give Elizabeth some advice. Hated that Jen disliked that -- its not like advice would have helped her! I loved the catty response though. "I just told her not to be a pussy." "Well, you're not going to stop that." Damn! Girl is quick on the repartee!

Elizabeth was a terrible terrible TERRIBLE leader but I couldn't find it in my heart to hate her because she seemed so nice and beat down (yes, she is responsible for the Stacie J. fiasco but I felt like she was just going with it to save her own bacon instead of leading it like Ivana). Now when Ivana gets fired, I will be smiling. Same for Maria. I love the previews. Looks like Stacie J. smacks Ivana down.

Other thoughts: Andy did a good job (a REALLY good job, actually) but if I hear him refer to himself as a "kid" one more friggin time....Andy, don't you understand, if you don't consider yourself an adult, no one else will. "I feel like the kid that wasn't picked for dodgeball." HAHAHA. Oh, you can tell Andy was the target of many many red rubber balls in grade school.

Chris: "This isn't a friggin tampon commercial." I hate the guy but that cracked me up.

Raj is so in love with his one stupid idea (he only has one per episode). I can't wait to see his bow tie bounce out the door.

Lastly, I STILL HATE IVANA.

10-29-04, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail What Click to send private message to What Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

"Chris: "This isn't a friggin tampon commercial." I hate the guy but..."

I know. He's comparing the NYPD to a tampon. In other words, throw a sanitary suppository at the criminals to stop the blood shed. Sorry to be as vulgar as Chris, but I couldn't resist turning the tables on him. He needs to put his money where his mouth is and employ a manpon.... in his mouth. If you can't fix it.... duck it!

Andy named his weakness early on, so everyone in his path is reminding him of that until he does something to recognize what they are doing and behave differently.

They will:

Uncover your weaknesses, and
turn your weaknesses into a disability.

They will:

Uncover your disabilities, and
turn them into a disease.

They will:

Uncover your diseases, and
turn them into cancer.

They will:

Uncover your cancer,
and water down the cancer medication.

They will:
Water down the cancer medication,
charge you the same amount as intact meds cost,
wait for you to slowly die,
then leave you practically dead on the doorsteps of the hospital.

Good thing hospitals have lab tests for lab rats.

---------------

I feel secondary remorse for Mr. Deutsch. He's like a pathologist either looking at all the candidates or the Trump-induced thought process like they are a disease.

Trump even makes Mr. Deutsch look bad. Trump basically castrates all these people on national TV, breaks them down into unusable parts, and then leaves them for dead in the real world.

An uninformed opinion might think that this is like how a ring leader would work, because for every lost soul that Trump creates, Deutsch could then profit by rebuilding their public image.

Trump often dresses in black and white because he feels like a cash cow which is supposed to symbolize balance, yin-yang, but he's constantly wearing a mask.... so buyer beware. He's too one-sided on the negative, so there's no way he can create a good balance anywhere.

-------------

Trump is even creating the smoke screen that he gives second chances, but if you pay close attention... it's not the same scenario for Jen, because Stacy wont be there. Let's see if he brings Stacy back, and see if he can tell the difference.

----------

You must have an evil twin, Mr. Trump, because how can there be so much concentrated evil in one source?

Olympic 168 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 05:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Olympic Click to send private message to Olympic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Olympic"
>They gang-banged Elizabeth this episode.
>Vulgar and unnecessary. They
>may have been disappointed with
>her leadership skills, but there
>are so many other ways
>to say goodbye without severing
>the femoral artery of each
>and every contestant as they
>go.

I do agree. The others did not have any good ideas to begin with. In particular, Raj's communist type of commercial was DOOM for failure. Elizabeth was right to soften the commerical, BUT she did not have any concrete plans. Kevin was harsh on Elizabeth and the ICY-Jenn M has begun melting with her uncalled remarks which I find surpising. I was disappointed with everyone on that team.

On the other team, Andy was the very reason why they won. Maria and Kelly were way-off. Andy was right to say,"But at the same time, I don't want Kelly to sit back and think that I don't belong and I'm some punk kid." Way to go Andy!

Andy and Jenn M will be in the final definitely.

Overall, episode was rather DULL...the task was so dull that this has to be the worst episode....ZZZZ

10-29-04, 12:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Olympic"
Elizabeth doesn't know how to think like a policeman, so she was clueless as to a really effective campaign. Either that, or Trump has the NYPD in his pocket, and he was offended that Elizabeth allowed her team to translate them into being Nazi's.

This is playing out more like a Q and A rather than an interview. And Trump is too stupid to realize that he's the one being interviewed, everybody else will convene later to discuss.... "coffee."

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-04, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
I want to make sure I've got this right. Last week, I got fired because I couldn't talk my Project Manager into doing something other than his basic plan. This week, Elizabeth got fired because she was a Project Manager who let her team talk her into doing something other than her basic plan.

My head hurts.

10-29-04, 12:24 PM (EST)
11. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
On the surface:
Stacy got fired because she didn't notice it when Wes was smoothing her over for his gain. He set her up, and Stacy wasn't focused enough to speak in terms that Wes could understand. His x-rays came back, and there is clear evidence that he has fecal material in his wind pipe.... well, acutally a bit constipated, I would say.

Underneath Wes' slip:
Wes is exposing a personality type and technique that we should watch out for. He's only employable by certain people in certain situations which makes him unable to multi-task. He holds people back, therefore, he holds himself back. He's not a military type at all, that's why Trump has a genuing chubby for the guy. Thank you sir, may I have another?

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
I am in a CONUNDRUM, because my alter ego, BEG forgot to tape the show....

10-29-04, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
As far as Elizabeth told it to everyone in Suite #2, you were catty, didn't let anyone finish a sentence, took every possible chance for a harsh criticism while berating anyone who tried to answer back, and did everything Mr. Trump told you to do on cue, including breathing. I guess it was a pretty normal week for you.

(Bitter much?)

10-29-04, 12:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
You'll have to rely on the media to fill you in. Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy all over? I'm sure if they say it, it must be true.

In other words, who can you REALLY trust when the "chips" are down?

10-29-04, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "and this would affect things, how?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-04 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

look, first of all, even I didn't see the whole episode. And yet, week after week, I diligently do a quick recap with all the important stuff in it. Basically - that's what ya need to know.

How hard can this be? Let me remind you of your duties here, missy. In the Boardroom, you:
look disgusted at Elizabeth.
glare at Raj.
roll your eyes at Ivana.
say "I agree Donald"
and then kiss my behind after they leave.

Then get your check and go home for the night.
It ain't rocket science.

now repeat after me, "YES, Donald, that was an easy one."

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: and this would affect things, how?"
Catty, Moi? That's just my business savviness showing through.
And Donald? That was an easy one...

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
You have GOT to be kidding!! Aren't I the marketing executive? Isn't that what they put next to MY name every time I talk to the camera? And this baby-faced kid is in charge? I think I need to lie down for a minute.

By the way, what did you all think of my flower pin that I was wearing? You know, some would say that a pin the size of your head is too much, but not me. I say more, more, more. Remember, nobody knows more about fashion than yours truly.

-Maria

10-29-04, 10:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
Remember, nobody knows more about fashion than yours truly.

With the possible exception of your mentor, Ms. De Ville.

10-29-04, 12:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
Stacy, I think Maria's flower pin sprays out poison mist, that's why your head hurts. Not that she has an STD or anything, just sayin'.

I can Maria running down Madison Avenue right now. Oh my God, she's going to market herself to Mr. Trump. Is that prostitution or just plain old fashioned marketing cents?

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
I'm sorry, does anybody else hear that annoying buzzing sound or is it just me?

10-31-04, 10:27 AM (EST)
24. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-04 AT 10:30 AM (EST)

You mean your timer went off early? Sorry, my fault. I accidentally set it ahead by two episodes. Completely my mistake, honest. By the way, when you get to Suite #2, you're sleeping in the bathtub. The full bathtub. We all voted on it during Week #1 while you were out of the room. But it shouldn't be a problem since you don't actually breathe.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Hellooooo!"
Yet another week where I cease to exist.

Does anyone else think that our reward...a limo ride to Times Square to see our commercial...was not exciting? It's too bad we couldn't go to the Miss Universe pageant...I'm sure those girls could be potential clients for me one day.

10-29-04, 05:59 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Hellooooo!"
What did you say your name was again?

Alag 161 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alag Click to send private message to Alag Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Pepito!"
Pepito! Donde esta? I need you to chime in so that I can make you cry and be able to use the now infamous line "This innit a friggin tampawn commershull."

Kelly_Smith 169 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kelly_Smith Click to send private message to Kelly_Smith Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
I did lose a lot of respect for Jen in this episode. She was the only girl I actually liked on the show and thought she had class. I understand that she was frustrated but there was no need to scheme. She should have just let things be and gone with the flow while keeping her mouth shut since she was exempt anyway.

The whole sex appeal thing completely threw me for a loop. How the hell did they want to add sex appeal to a NYPD recruiting campaign is beyond me. Do you ever see sex appeal in any ads for army/navy/etc? No. Because that is not the place for that at all. Idiots.

frodo2 289 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodo2 Click to send private message to frodo2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
Jen performed fine on the task. She didn't undermine and in the boardroom, she told it like it was.

She's still up there.

beardance58 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-29-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beardance58 Click to send private message to beardance58 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
She took a nosedive. She took a backseat and, from what I saw, had nothing to contribute except for negativity.

K.

10-29-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
yeah!

and that Still puts her in the top 5 contestants.
she's still better than at least 5 of them there.

10-31-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
25. "RE: "Be the Apprentice" - Ep.8"
Do you ever see sex appeal in any ads for army/navy/etc? No. Because that is not the place for that at all. Idiots.

I'm guessing you missed the 'sweaty muscular man climbs really tall rock' commercial that plays before a lot of movies for the Marines.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •