The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Party"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-03-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Party"
Hello to all!

Once again, I am having a few friends over to watch the finale and I need ideas!

Food has not been as big an issue this season as compared with the other 2. I was thinking simple, like hot dogs (didn't Frank and Brandon have hot dogs on their "date"?) Of course, Mountain Dew, and Doritos (are they still a sponsor?)

I got the Survivor soundtrack for Christmas, so that will be good pre-finale music. And last season, we all wrote down our picks before the show started. Any other ideas about food and/or activities? Thanks a bunch!

bebe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Party Afreaqua 01-04-02 1
   RE: Finale Party ItzLisa 01-04-02 3
       Oh man! How could I have forgotten! Afreaqua 01-07-02 4
 RE: Finale Party westgirl98 01-04-02 2
 RE: Finale Party Cin 01-07-02 5
 RE: Finale Party Weems 01-07-02 6
 RE: Finale Party SurvivorBlows 01-08-02 7
 Found This Article...Thought of You... Tinkerbell 01-10-02 8
 How was the party? Afreaqua 01-11-02 9
   RE: How was the party? ItzLisa 01-11-02 10
       RE: How was the party? bebekid 01-14-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-04-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale Party"
Some sort of trail mix arrangement that looks like the charred chicken feed (with corn nuts) M&Ms. How about baking a big mishapen chocolate cake that looks like a pile of elephant poo....and some cheeses (remember the wine and cheese at the merge?) Be sure to select a stong smelling cheese too and label it "Tom's feet".....of course ice-cream sundaes (expensive ones).

Maybe you can hand out play money at the beginning and keep all the food secret and your guests can bid on it.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-04-02, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale Party"
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-02 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

>How about baking a big mishapen chocolate cake that looks like a pile of elephant poo....
>Be sure to select a stong smelling cheese too and label it "Tom's feet".....

*** ROFLMAO, Afrequa~!!! Those are great!!!

I love all these suggestions! And don't forget all the corn stuff, too! Corn on the cob, popcorn, corn tortillas - all the stuff Kim P. said she'd never eat again!

There are these big pastries called "Elephant Ears", 'cos that's what they're shaped like! They're really flaky and yummy! Not sure if they have them in your neck of the woods (I'm in NY, and they're big in Italian bakeries), but it never hurts to hit a few bakeries and see if they have them.

You could also serve pancakes and bacon, a la Ethan and Tom's shared breakast! Another idea for some meat - why not just do regular burgers and nickname them "Willderbeast (sp?) Burgers"!

Edit to add: Afrequa, I really like the idea of the food auction with the play money, too! That sounds like fun!

01-07-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Oh man! How could I have forgotten!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-02 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Thanks ItzLisa!

....but how could I have overlooked juice the color (and consistacy) of blood! Hmmm, maybe some nice thick tomatoe juice with some beet juce thrown in to add a deeper red color.

Edited to add (In Canada we call those elephant ears - beaver tails....not that that has anything to do with Survivor....just a little trivia)

westgirl98 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-04-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail westgirl98 Click to send private message to westgirl98 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale Party"
What about having everyone come to the party dressed as the survivor they think will win that way theres no changing your mind in mid-stream. I was thinking Hotdogs also. Dorito's and Mountain Dew will do nicely as they are still sponsers.Also you could have some little play money to award to the winner of your little swaree'. In case of a tie-breaker you could have your party quests cast votes on best costume. You could have your own reward challenges where they bid on food and drink that could be fun. Let me know how it turns out,wish I was coming!!!! Have Fun!!

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-07-02, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale Party"
Have them all come in Sarongs

Cin

Weems 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-07-02, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Weems Click to send private message to Weems Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale Party"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-02 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

Speaking of food, they were given vegetable plants at the beginning of the show. Has anyone seen a sign that they are tending any type of garden? I'll bet the plants never even made the trip to camp.

Did you say you got the Survivor soundtrack for Christmas. By that I hope you mean some kind of African music heard in the show like that "yoodoo hoodoo boobaloo" stuff heard in the beginning. Please tell me it wasn't those guys that sang "Eye of the Tiger".

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale Party"
I'd sugest traditional African kikois for all the guys (hey, the article said they are supposed to be very comfortable... )

And I'd have a toast at some point using milk with some red food coloring (I'm assuming that would work)

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Found This Article...Thought of You!"
Jan. 9 — Can “Survivor 3” really be almost over? It seems like only yesterday that viewers were being introduced to Ethan, the hunky pro soccer player who trips over his own feet, and Tom, the goat farmer who can’t herd goats, and Lex, the tattooed father with an evil lust for revenge. Thursday is the big finale, and if you’re hosting - or attending- a “Survivor” party, here are some tips.
WELCOME YOUR GUESTS
AS VIEWERS are reminded every week, fire means life on “Survivor,” and when a contestant’s torch is extinguished, he or she knows it’s time to hit the road.
Tiki torches can be had for about $20 at discount and hardware stores; if you can, pick up one or more to line the walkway to your house.
Refrain from playing the addictive, but annoying, “Survivor” theme song. Your neighbors will thank you. You might have thought “It’s a Small World” was bad, but this song will burrow into your brain and never come out.
GET ’EM MINGLING
For a “Survivor” ice-breaker, buy a pack of those “HELLO, MY NAME IS” self-sticking labels, and fill them out with the names of the sixteen contestants (add smarmy host Jeff Probst if you like). As guests arrive, attach a label to each person’s back (don’t let them see the name).
Tell each guest that their task is to find out the name on their back by asking only yes-or-no questions of other guests.
Example: “Am I male? Am I under 30? Do I have a special fondness for cherries and beans? Am I Clarence?”
Or: “Am I female? Did I rarely speak? Was it easy to watch the entire show without once remembering my name? Am I one of the Kims?”
WHAT AM I BID?
Even if you serve TV dinners, your guests will be eating better than the “Survivor” contestants did (although since one of them ends up with a million dollars, their month of hunger is probably not that bothersome).
The food auction has become a “Survivor” tradition, so if you’re really ambitious (and have tolerant friends), you can try this at home too.
Hand out $500 in Monopoly money to each guest at the beginning of the evening. Then, several times during commercial breaks, randomly bring out a special treat (cover the plate with a bowl so guests won’t know what it is).
These treats should be more funny than fancy . . . a Hostess cupcake on one plate, a serving of chips and salsa on another. Throw in a few booby prizes - maybe a glass of water or a single marshmallow.
Once the auction’s over, only then put out your full spread of snackage.
PASS THE COW BLOOD
The most-talked about challenge from this year’s show is definitely the one in which the two tribes drank blood recently drawn from the side of a cow. Since your guests (and your cow) are unlikely to go for that, whip up a pitcher of Bloody Marys and call it even. Label the blender “cow blood” and you should have no problem with guests asking for refills.
When Ethan and Lex visited a village to barter the goats Ethan had won, they scored a huge plate of French fries (which looked nothing like the American version, but were gobbled up in no time). Here’s your excuse to warm
up the Fry Baby and serve up fries, onion rings, cheese sticks or any other deep-fried battered product.
While Africa Survivors are eating a lot of cornmeal, past seasons have loaded up on rice. Order takeout Chinese as a main course, and you can set out dishes of fried rice as well as plain white rice.
“Survivor” is infamous for asking its contestants to eat bugs, worms, and other goodies, and now you can encourage your friends to do the same. Head to the bulk foods section of your supermarket and look for anything gummi. You’re likely to find stretchy, sugary worms, but depending on the quirkiness of your store’s manager, might also luck into gummi rats and frogs. Mmm, gummi “Survivor” goodness.
DURING THE SHOW
The finale is two hours long, and face it, some of that time spent getting down to the final tribal council is just filler. Keep your guest interested with a “Survivor” variation on BINGO.
Before guests arrive, brainstorm a dozen or so events that often happen on the show. (Examples: Ethan falls down, flies are shown crawling on the rice, Tom says a sentence that is totally unintelligible, Lex’s arm tattoos are shown, someone refers to Teresa as “T-Bird,” there’s a flashback to Lindsay’s tick.)
Write each event on a piece of paper, throw them all in a hat and have each guest choose one. If someone’s event actually unfolds onscreen during the finale, award them a small prize.(A box of Minute Rice? A can of beans? A plastic lion?) The quirkier the prizes, the better. Trading encouraged.
AND THE WINNER IS. . .
Buy or borrow an office-type white board. Before the show starts, write each guest’s name on the board and then ask them to list the order in which they predict the contestants will be voted off. Award points for each correct guess (1 point for correctly guessing the first banishee, two for the next, and so on).
The winner receives - what else? - an immunity necklace. If the Immunity Necklace store at your mall has closed, make one yourself by cutting the center out of a paper plate and decorating it with some markers. It’s like grade-school day camp all over again. The tribe has spoken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gael Fashingbauer Cooper is MSNBC’s Travel editor.

Link:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/684264.asp

01-11-02, 11:01 AM (EST)
9. "How was the party?"
Hope everyone had fun!

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-11-02, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How was the party?"
I can't wait to hear about it!

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How was the party?"
Thanks for asking, Lisa!

Not too much to write home about. Just Doritos, Mountain Dew, hot dogs, chocolate-chunk brownies, and we all ran around my house screaming and cheering when Lex was voted off *tee-hee*!

My 2 year old entertained us by dancing to the theme song! That was cool!

Maybe the Marquesas series will offer more vivid and colorful ideas for a finale party (coconuts and shark steaks, anyone?)

bebe

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •