The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-22-04, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
Welcome back everybody! I thought that for this version of The Bachelor, I would post my patented, trademarked, and copyrighted Official Dating Reality Show Cliche Checklist. Print out your own copy of the checklist, and each time one of the following events happens, mark a check on your list. We can compare notes and determine which boxes should have been checked each episode:

 1) Chemistry / connection claim
 2) Hot tub scene
 3) Make out scene
 4) Girl proclaims she’s not there to make friends
 5) Can’t trust anybody speech
 6) Romantic boat ride
 7) The show will be referred to as a “process”
 8) Bachelor points out the quirks of dating X number of women at once
 9) One contestant tries to sabotage (another through speech or actions)
 10) Eliminated contestant will tearfully state that the “star” sent home the wrong woman (only applicable when a man is the star because no eliminated male would EVER do this.

If you have other cliches you think should be added to the list, please post them in this topic, and I may amend the list. Please note, you will not be compensated for your suggestions!

Also, if you're having a The Bachelor viewing party, these make an excellent basis for a drinking game!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dati... volsfan 09-22-04 1
 RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dati... SilverStar 09-23-04 2
   RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dati... MTW1961 09-23-04 3
       RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dati... Nadia 09-24-04 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
LAST EDITED ON 09-22-04 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

I think you should add how many times the bachelor says:

I am here to find my wife or the love of my life!

GEEZ! How many times did Byron say this in the first 45 mins?

ETA: Why in the name of Frank did they hide the yellow/white roses from us in that f'ing box and then they make us suffer through counting them one by one! Thank goodness we didn't have to count all 35 of em!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-04, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
I love your checklist MTW-- I think I will definitely use it as a drinking game next week! By my count, we have 6 items out of the 10 this week. #'s 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. Do you agree? Some of these might have just been in previews for the upcoming show- but we still had to watch them, so I think it counts!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice
On the scales of desire, your absence weighs more than someone else's presence.

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
If you're playing a drinking game, then the previews definitely count, as do recraps from the previous week. Designated drivers should NOT drink to the previews. From a purist point of view, however, only the actual episode footage counts.

Do you have any suggestions for new items? I have a few I'll post a little later.

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Nadia 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-24-04, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nadia Click to send private message to Nadia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Play Along At Home - Handy Dating Show Checklist"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-04 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

....would like to "open up" more....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •