The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"You know, a Rant by Tech"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"You know, a Rant by Tech"
Y'know it's been one of those days. They are everywhere. First somebody tries to turn left on a red light DRIVING ACROSS FOUR LANES OF TRAFFIC and I'm slamming on my brakes trying not to hit him because I know if I hit him it's gonna be a huge amount of trouble.

No.

First my supervisor emails me at 6 AM and asks where some document is THAT I EMAILED HIM A MONTH AGO. Oh, he sez.

Then I'm out running errands on a perfectly beautiful autumn day and everywhere there are pumpkin sales or patches or ... See I'm lying to you. They weren't pumpking. There was one pumkin, one punpkin, one pummkin, one pumnkin, and two punnkin patches. I believe there was another variant that I failed to memorize. I have failed in my reporting duties and I am so sorry.

And I bought a pair of shoes. I had to talk the sales person into finding the second shoe of the pair. She couldn't understand why I might want to try on BOTH SHOES. I offered to let her hold my shoes as collateral. She looked at me oddly and refused. I had to go to the manager to be allowed to buy the second shoe.

Oh an my last stop was the supermarket. Now I live in a major metropolitan area. There are supermarkets everyplace. I expect I have 6 within 2 miles of my house, maybe more. So one opens today, the replacement for a grubby one of the same brand that closed about 6 weeks ago. I go in to pick up few enough things so that I can checkout in the 15 items or less line. And it is PACKED WITH SIGHTSEERS ... I kid you not. They have carts and they are blocking everything and staring at the ceiling. WTF?

Ok, I'm wearing you out. I'm sorry. I'll stop now. Except -- how do they get through life without being killed?

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech SherpaDave 10-24-03 1
   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech I_AM_HE 10-24-03 8
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Wheezy 10-24-03 2
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech desert_rhino 10-24-03 3
   aaaaaaaah! cqvenus 10-24-03 6
       RE: aaaaaaaah! desert_rhino 10-24-03 27
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech FarmBoy 10-24-03 4
   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech chuckles1877 10-24-03 25
 pass a sharkie wipe! cqvenus 10-24-03 5
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech diamond 10-24-03 7
   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech FarmBoy 10-24-03 9
   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech ginger 10-24-03 11
       RE: You know, a Rant by Tech minitroll 10-24-03 16
           RE: You know, a Rant by Tech ginger 10-24-03 17
               RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Devious Weasel 10-24-03 18
               RE: You know, a Rant by Tech minitroll 10-24-03 19
                   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech ginger 10-24-03 20
 Talking about Marylanders GlassJax 10-24-03 10
   RE: Talking about Marylanders ginger 10-24-03 12
       It's not GlassJax 10-24-03 13
           RE: It's not ginger 10-24-03 14
               RE: It's not ginger 10-24-03 15
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Lisapooh 10-24-03 21
   RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Devious Weasel 10-24-03 22
       RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Lisapooh 10-24-03 23
           RE: You know, a Rant by Tech Devious Weasel 10-24-03 24
 RE: You know, a Rant by Tech L82LIFE 10-24-03 26
 awww, true anotherkim 10-24-03 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Human shields?

Criminals From the Neck UpThe Writers' Rendez-VousSmokeLong Quarterly

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
that? is a *great* idea. but i hear the job market for human shields is not so good these days

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"

*hugs*

WHEEZE is not having the greatest day either.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
I still maintain that if it were done properly (or even close), 19 people out of 20 could vanish tomorrow, and the only notable difference would be that it's easier to park downtown. That, and my blood pressure would drop 10 points by the end of the first day.

-- JV

Sheeple suck, don't you agree?

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "aaaaaaaah!"
JV you whino liar! you said you weren't here!

cq's Joe Millionaire summary!!!

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: aaaaaaaah!"
Well, I'm *here*, just not *there*.

(Actually, I'm in the Boston area, so *phhbbtt*...

-- JV

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"

"Except -- how do they get through life without being killed?"

When I worked in retail, we had a running gag that you could kill one stupid customer per week. When a salesperson was being harrassed, one of us would go by and whisper things like "don't waste it- it's only Tuesday", "you can have mine- I don't need it this week", etc.

Ever wonder why you can't find anyone to wait on you? It's because "one of those" is in the store. It might be you!!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

chuckles1877 489 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-03, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chuckles1877 Click to send private message to chuckles1877 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
I actually think someone is hiring "them" to do these things. That same little old lady is always in front of me at the supermarket, counting out three hundred pennies (oh! and she forgot she's got a coupon!), or at the store, needing to return something. I went to Nordstrom the other day, where there are usually people crawling all over you to help and couldn't get anyone's attention! Can I get one per week, too?

Now who wants ice cream?

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "pass a sharkie wipe!"
sorry to laugh at your plight, tech, but the punki,n punpkin, punnkins were just hilarious to me.

cq's Joe Millionaire summary!!!
- also hates misspellings

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-24-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
What, you've never heard of the popular tourist book "Great Supermarkets of North America: Your guide to the best places to buy puhmkinns"?

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-24-03, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"

Never leave home without it. Of course we only visit places that have 4 or more "punkin stars"

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
You know, there's a car wash opening next door to the market. I got my tickets on-line about a year ago.

I heard you were cutting the ribbon with one of those giant scissors. Except I think Moonbaby ran away with it...

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-24-03, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
You people mock the supermarket as a tourist stop. Believe it or not, some tour group honestly drops them off at my grocery store by the busload. I'm still trying figure out how they hoodwink those poor people into thinking the supermarket is even remotely interesting. When they get done with the grocery store, they take them across the parking lot to Target.

10-24-03, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Perhaps they think it's some kind of shrine? To archers who eat cheese?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Amish Tours

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-24-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Could be, but they seem to take the most pictures in the produce department.

10-24-03, 05:10 PM (EST)
20. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Possibly because our watermelons are round.

Pie is not squared. Pie are round.

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Talking about Marylanders"
I missed the game, but did anyone see the job Ga Tech did to the Twerps?

Go JACKETS!

10-24-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Talking about Marylanders"
Why do I love that little dancing banana so much?

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-24-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "It's not"
It's not the dancing banana you love so much, but the man behind that banana.

10-24-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: It's not"
No, it's the incredibly cute perky little yellow cartoon banana going "Hip, Hip, Hooray!" in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

But am quite fond of man, as well.

10-24-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
15. "RE: It's not"
Meant to say "the man." But letting previous post stand in an effort to better my attitude towards people in general.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
the unmitigated gourd of these people! I'm sorry pumpkin, I'll squash them all like bugs.

Friday wouldn't be a fun day without a rant by Tech.

10-24-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
You squashed Buggy? How'd you get past the saucepan on her head?

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
we're only supposed to talk about her saucepan hat on threads she won't be reading.

sssssshhhhhhh.

10-24-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
24. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
Buggy can read? I thought she just forced the little bugs to read for her!

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: You know, a Rant by Tech"
I'd been having a fairly sucky day today myself. I feel much better after reading your rant, though.

You also gave me second thoughts about my planned trip to the grocery store on my way home from work. Think I'll call DH now and make him stop for coffee!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "awww, true"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-03 AT 07:37 PM (EST)

Uh, oops. awwwww, tech.

stupid people just suck.

Cheer up...the punkins are out NOW, but soon it will be time for Santa to come down the chimbley and bring us toys that are funner than the ones we already had.

--as God is my witness, I have at least one kid per year who says and writes chimbley or chimley.

**edited because I really shouldn't try to talk to my mother on the phone, type a post, and watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame with the baby at the same time.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •