The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Opening sequence"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-02, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Opening sequence"
hey guys,

this may seem like a silly topic and way too late to mention, but does anyone else think that the opening sequence for TAR2 was a lot staler than the first one? It seemed almost amateurish as if they had been told to stand and face eachother and then turn and look at the camera with a big phony grin--most notably for Mary and Peach, the twins, and Chex, not to mention Deidre and Hilary's cheesy high five. A couple of exceptions--the only one I liked was Cindy and Russell's. The snow falling with the cathedral in the background was pretty cool, but I still liked the first season's opener better...especially the way it began with Paul and Amie. I hope this season's opening is more like the first. And I know I'm gonna get railed for this, but I actually liked Phil's voiceover--made it seem more dramatic. Incidentally, does anyone know where I can find an MPEG or other video file of the first season's opener? I can't find it anywhere.

sorry for the long post, but I'm a newcomer to this site and I've wanted to bring this up for a long time! I'll be more succinct in the future. Promise!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Opening sequence Survivorerist 09-20-02 1
 RE: Opening sequence TeamJoisey 09-21-02 2
   RE: Opening sequence AUJoey 09-21-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-20-02, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Opening sequence"
>>>sorry for the long post, but I'm a newcomer to this site and I've wanted to bring this up for a long time! I'll be more succinct in the future. Promise!<<<

Welcome to the boards Joey! I'm sure you'll find whatever it is you're looking for here And don't worry about being succinct; everyone rambles from time to time and it's quite alright

(Another IceCat original )

"Aaron and Arianne are fluent in both body language and the international language of love"
- Team Bio on CBS' TAR 3 Page

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-21-02, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Opening sequence"
Joey:

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I think the opening sequence was "homogenized" because the first season's opening sequence included too many clues as to who stuck around. If you watched the first season, you knew that Frank would stick around until he went swimming in an icy hole.

But I do agree those goofy smile shots are boring. Let's hope they jazz it up a little. And hey, welcome to the boards!

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Opening sequence"
thanks for the welcome guys,

I agree with you, joisey, about the clues kind of giving away who stuck around. I had pretty much figured out WHY they changed the opening but I couldn't understand why they made it so dopey. The first season's was just so faced paced and it matched the music. The second one was kind of a letdown...after the cool camera zooming past the plane part we get a field of grass and then blake and paige strolling along as opposed to the way the fire image kind of quickly transitioned into the torch Amie was holding, if I remember correctly...i haven't seen it in so long. I'm not really sure how they could jazz it up, but that turn into the camera and smile thing has got to go.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •